DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/560355-walmart-walmart-com-discounts-deals-blu-ray.html)

Sweet Baby James 04-09-12 09:15 PM

re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Thunderball (Post 11184489)
I put Winter's bone back and got Kickboxer the other day. Don't judge.

I'm going to judge. Good move.:D

Thunderball 04-09-12 10:08 PM

Just ordered Dodgeball on Amazon. It's 7.99 no tax and i have prime.

Thunderball 04-09-12 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James (Post 11184501)
I'm going to judge. Good move.:D

I thought so. Van Damne was a lesser Arnie, but the movies were still great , for what they were.

joe_b 04-10-12 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Todd B. (Post 11184401)
Delivery confirmation is available on Media Mail, but you probably didn't tell her you had media in there.

Actually, she read Criterion Collection on the envelope and asked if I was returning a DVD.

Originally Posted by Todd B. (Post 11184401)
To send that 2 oz. package via First Class Parcel (electronic postage w/ delivery confirmation) would have cost you $1.64.

Thanks for the info. I don't ship things very often, but I'll definitely keep that in mind for the future.

TheBang 04-10-12 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by SethDLH (Post 11184415)
...I have gotten DC on first class parcels many times.

This is a policy change with the recent rate increase in January. DC is no longer available on First Class parcels at the retail counter. Electronic option only.

http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usp...bedded#general

bobwil54 04-10-12 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Todd B. (Post 11185718)
This is a policy change with the recent rate increase in January. DC is no longer available on First Class parcels at the retail counter. Electronic option only.

I did it today.

SethDLH 04-10-12 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Todd B. (Post 11185718)

Originally Posted by bobwil54 (Post 11185777)
I did it today.

Yea, I did it yesterday, and I'm sure I'll do it when I go there on Friday.

zekeburger1979 04-11-12 09:20 AM

I picked up Winter's Bone and Adventureland from the $5 stand, which was Blu-rays on one side and DVDs on the other. I couldn't find City of God anywhere. I submitted the online price to Amazon, so I hope they match it.

bigjim25 04-11-12 11:57 AM

Was finally able to order these 3 at Walmart.com for instore pickup since I can't find them at my stores
Winter's Bone (Blu-ray) $5.00
Adventureland (Blu-ray) $5.00
Alpha & Omega (Blu-ray) (Widescreen) $5.00
$15.90 with tax

TheBang 04-11-12 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by bobwil54 (Post 11185777)
I did it today.

Originally Posted by SethDLH (Post 11185881)
Yea, I did it yesterday, and I'm sure I'll do it when I go there on Friday.

Well, your clerks are doing it in contravention to the DMM then. Customers should not go to the retail counter expecting to be able to get DC on First Class parcel, as official policy now is that that is no longer an available service.

tygloalex 04-12-12 07:33 AM

Didn't read the whole thread - saw Resident Evil tinbooks for 7.88.

adrenaline78 04-12-12 07:51 AM

Was able to get Adventureland and Winter's bone online for $5 each. The others I have on dvd or don't care about.

whotony 04-12-12 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by tygloalex (Post 11187446)
Didn't read the whole thread - saw Resident Evil tinbooks for 7.88.

Didn't have to, could have just read the last 20 - 25 posts.

SethDLH 04-13-12 09:29 PM

My store now has a $7.88 blu ray version of the $5 dvd dump bin. Exact same messy situation but with BDs.

FilmJunkie29 04-14-12 01:16 PM

One of the local Wal-Marts here had all of the $5 blus mentioned, but they had them thrown in the $7.88 bin with no price tag. They rang up at $5 though, so if anyone is still looking for them, it might be worth it to take a look through the $7.88 ones. Picked up Adventureland.

OldBoy 04-14-12 02:40 PM

would someone mind very much picking up Adventureland for me?
i would appreciate this very much. let me know. thanks in advance.

Manzana 04-15-12 10:00 AM

The $5 display at my Walmart was short-lived. First, they didn't put it out until almost a week after everyone else reported theirs had it. Then my Walmart hid it away from the movies near the camera section. The display itself had maybe 5-8 copies of each title, so I grabbed the handful I wanted or wasn't sure about (90 days to decide) and left. A week or so later I went back and that display was gone and I didn't notice any of those $5 BD titles mixed in with the $5 bin or on any ($7.88) endcaps. I guess when you have so few copies of each title, it doesn't take long to sell them.

banthafett 04-15-12 11:55 AM

At the WM closest to us, the $5 display lasted not even two days, before they dumped them in the $5 dvd bin. And of course they threw in new dvds on top of them, so no one even knew there were Blus in there.

From what I can see from the local stores around here, (and thats 5 stores in the Toledo area) these movies sold pretty good. So Im hoping they can get more of these in at that price and lower the price of the dvds in the bin a buck or two.

OldBoy 04-15-12 12:46 PM

thanks to those that responded, especially glassdragon. i am all set on Adventureland.

Pizza 04-16-12 07:24 AM

Though not bargained priced at $12, I was thrilled to find the original The Poseidon Adventure on blu at Walmart as an exclusive.

kenbenobi 04-16-12 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Pizza (Post 11191789)
Though not bargained priced at $12, I was thrilled to find the original The Poseidon Adventure on blu at Walmart as an exclusive.

I did not know this was coming out! Did they retain the extras, or add any new ones?

Jaymole 04-16-12 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 11191813)
I did not know this was coming out! Did they retain the extras, or add any new ones?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Po.../39363/#Review

ProfessorEcho 04-16-12 02:44 PM

Also available at Walmart for pre-order are two vintage John Wayne Blu titles: THE BIG TRAIL and THE BARBARIAN AND THE GEISHA, the latter directed by John Huston and never released on DVD!

kenbenobi 04-16-12 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jaymole (Post 11191832)

TYVM! I just compared the DVDtalk DVD SE review to the BD review at blu-ray.com. Every single extra feature is present and accounted for. The times vary by a few seconds, but that can be expected. Unfortunately, it's all in SD, but I'm just happy it's all there. Now I can safely sell my DVD! Off to my local WM to look for Poseidon Adventure! :)

Al_Tahoe 04-17-12 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pizza (Post 11191789)

Ooh, Stella Stevens and Carol Lynley in HD... yum yum yum! :D