Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official LittleBigPlanet Thread Part 2 : LittlerLater

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-08, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
ah yah. that one. patience. they may only line up 1 out of every 4 times.
Old 12-05-08, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ta-daa! I published my new level today - 2600/VCS Adventure Tribute! Give it a try when you get a chance!
Old 12-05-08, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chew
Any help on the second set of spinning wheels during "Sensei's Lost Castle"?

I've tried it numerous times without success and I'm about ready to give up.
Success!!!

Naturally, I died on the third set of spinning wheels on that level, but at least I had my strategy down by then and I easily repeated the second set the next try and then finally finished it.

That one level took over an hour of attempt after attempt. I feel spent.
Old 12-07-08, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
I found an absolutely great set of user-created levels by someone named "Harita". Just search for that name and you might find them. They're pretty fun, but because his levels are so intricate, they can be a bit glitchy and since he's Japanese, his word-bubbles explaining what to do are also in Japanese, but it's easy enough to figure out what to do. Try 'em out - they're pretty fun. He also has it set up that in order to progress through a set of levels, you have to finish them in order to get the key for the next one. Not taking into account the amount of polish, I had more fun with this guy's levels than the actual story-mode levels.
Old 12-07-08, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone had the "Stretch Sackboy" glitch? When you try to grab something and the sackboys arms stretch like Mr.Fantastic to grab something off-screen.
Old 12-07-08, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by I.Flores
Has anyone had the "Stretch Sackboy" glitch? When you try to grab something and the sackboys arms stretch like Mr.Fantastic to grab something off-screen.
Happened to me all the time on "Digestive Dan's Derring-Doo"...
Old 12-08-08, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I had a weird glitch happen when I tried to publish my latest level after I made a change. I attached one little block to something else and it connected everything in my level. The result was a smoky effect on the objects and the Sackboy looked translucent like the cloaked effect from Predator! Really weird - I ended up downloading the previous published level and took care not to make that mistake again.
Old 12-08-08, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chrisfelice
Happened to me all the time on "Digestive Dan's Derring-Doo"...
Yeah, I ran into that during testing but didn't know how to fix it. Seems like a glitch that they can fix with a patch. I've also seen it in some other user-made levels.

Other glitches/annoyances that I should mention at the official forums:

1) It's too easy to accidentally delete a comment on your levels. I did this with one of my levels when I hit the wrong button. There's no "yes/no" confirmation that pops up - it just permanently deletes that comment with no way to undo it.

2) Similarly, it's too easy to accidentally lock or unlock your levels when you're scrolling through the details of your level. If you use the d-pad/analog stick to scroll through the pages, you can easily wind up on the lock/unlock option, and hitting left or right on the d-pad/analog stick toggles whether it's locked or unlocked. That triggers a republish, and when you go to undo the accidental change you get a 2nd republish. You can avoid this by scrolling through pages with the shoulder triggers, but it's still annoying.

3) The process for applying an adjective tag after playing a level is way too awkward and time consuming. Why not give us the whole list of tags to scroll through instead of giving us 6 random selections that we have to cycle through? Dumb.

Hopefully these will all be fixed with a future patch.

Also, I think this was posted in another thread, but you can get LBP for $40 at Amazon today only. Pretty great deal IMO.
Old 12-08-08, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Unk...

Yeah, number two was a pain - I must've re-published my site many times before I started using the shoulder buttons. Here are two more glitches I found:

Sometimes when I boot up the game, and after the Sony Presents screen, the entire screen turns red. Each time I've gone in after doing that, my pod has been cleared.

My dissolve triggers don't always work right. The ramp that is supposed to fall after you beat the first dragon didn't fall yesterday. I restarted the level and then it did. Also, the ramp at the castle just hangs in mid-air after you use the chalice to dissolve the connector. I don't know why that happens, and I thought my published fix corrected that.
Old 12-09-08, 09:20 AM

What a PITA... finally got the Booty Master Trophy and the Play Trophy...

By far, hands down, "The Bunker" was the hardest level to ace...

Now... I go into creation mode... unfortunately, I'm not very creative...
Old 12-09-08, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
I suck at searching the user content... Has anybody made a Jet Set Willy level yet? It seems like a perfect fit for the LBP engine and is obscure enough to not get taken down.

Last edited by RichC2; 12-09-08 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-09-08, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Street Fighter costumes confirmed for Thursday:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...-store-121108/

$2 each or $6 for the pack of 4.

I still refuse to pay for costumes, but these ones are admittedly pretty awesome.
Old 12-09-08, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Street Fighter costumes confirmed for Thursday:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...-store-121108/

$2 each or $6 for the pack of 4.

I still refuse to pay for costumes, but these ones are admittedly pretty awesome.
I'm with you... They are pretty cool, but I absolutely refuse to pay for a costume. They don't affect the gameplay whatsoever. Maybe if they were like 1 cent or something. And even then MAYBE. But $6 is 10% of what the entire game costs. That's ridiculous!
Old 12-09-08, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by RichC2
I suck at searching the user content... Has anybody made a Jet Set Willy level yet? It seems like a perfect fit for the LBP engine and is obscure enough to not get taken down.

I say even if someone else did it, make your own version!
Old 12-11-08, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by RockyMtnBri
Ta-daa! I published my new level today - 2600/VCS Adventure Tribute! Give it a try when you get a chance!
That level was pretty good Rocky. There are a couple of things I might change - the first being that you can step off the ledge to the right of the start point and finish the level. The second is that the breath weapons of your dragons hang out a bit too long. I'm thinking they should dissolve just after they hit the ground, but they are hanging out so that 2 or 3 have a chance to stack up at a time.

I'm not familiar with the game you were re-creating, but I did like the dragons, and the level itself was well constructed and fairly challenging.

Ooh! First half of Santa Suit available for free download starting today - second half (hat & beard) available next week!

Last edited by C-Mart; 12-11-08 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-11-08, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by C-Mart
That level was pretty good Rocky. There are a couple of things I might change - the first being that you can step off the ledge to the right of the start point and finish the level. The second is that the breath weapons of your dragons hang out a bit too long. I'm thinking they should dissolve just after they hit the ground, but they are hanging out so that 2 or 3 have a chance to stack up at a time.

I'm not familiar with the game you were re-creating, but I did like the dragons, and the level itself was well constructed and fairly challenging.

Ooh! First half of Santa Suit available for free download starting today - second half (hat & beard) available next week!
Thanks for the feedback C-Mart - long time no hear! OK, I'll tweak the "life" of the breath. When you played, were you able to use the chalice and drop the ramp? The only reason I left the floor open in the castle is that sometimes the ramp doesn't fall, so you'd be stuck.

So you never played Adventure huh? It was THE game back in 1980 when I was 15! If you go to atariage.com and look up the game and it's manual, you'll see that the chalice and the dragons are pretty much "on model" (only the yellow dragon is, the other two are modded) from the game.

You know I'm gonna bug you again - where's a level from you? My next game might be a "Journey To The Center of the Earth" type of deal - I need to make larger, longer levels.
Old 12-11-08, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by C-Mart
I'm grabbing it today! Right now, my Sackboy's a Smurf - the Santa hat will make a smurfy hat all in white!
Old 12-11-08, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by RockyMtnBri
So you never played Adventure huh? It was THE game back in 1980 when I was 15! If you go to atariage.com and look up the game and it's manual, you'll see that the chalice and the dragons are pretty much "on model" (only the yellow dragon is, the other two are modded) from the game.

You know I'm gonna bug you again - where's a level from you? My next game might be a "Journey To The Center of the Earth" type of deal - I need to make larger, longer levels.
I was 4 in 1980...

My level is coming... but I got sidetracked by Guitar Hero: World Tour. I think I'll try to finish it up this weekend... maybe... last weekend I didn't get to play any video games.
Old 12-11-08, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Fixes are done and done! I found out that the ramp adhered to the rear post that's holding up the castle and that's why it didn't move when the dissolve material was gone. All I had to do was detach it and now it sits between the bottom block and the dissolve material, and it falls flat once the dissolve occurs. I also added a "lip" to the castle floor that extends along the edge of the floor and up the right wall so you can no longer just jump off and finish the level.
Old 12-11-08, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I picked up LBP from Amazon during the $40 sale. My wife is wrapping it for me for Christmas. I actually don't know much abotu the game other than everyone raves about it. I am not a huge gamer and my PS3 is mainly used for its other features and soem sports games. LBP and Guitar Hero are coming for Christmas along with some cheapo NBA game and the simpsons game.

anyway, anything I NEED to make this game better? I have no Sony dollars, no bluetooth headset, no keyboard, nothing extra really.

I do have some cell phone bluetooth headsets lying around. will that work for the PS3?
Old 12-11-08, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SoSpacey

I do have some cell phone bluetooth headsets lying around. will that work for the PS3?
Anything bluetooth should work with the PS3 I think.

You don't need anything else with LBP. It is ready to roll from the get go. There are some free costumes you can download from the PSN, but there's no need to spend any money to make this experience any better. It's already awesome.
Old 12-15-08, 12:15 PM

Once again, the events of the season kept me from playing any LBP this weekend... maybe next weekend - all of our shopping, etc... should be done and I don't think there's anything going on Sunday... so we'll see.
Old 12-16-08, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Now this is more like it! A $3 "level pack" with new costumes, objects, materials, stickers, etc.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...-store-121808/

Much better than $2 for a costume which doesn't affect gameplay in any way. I hope we see more of these level packs in the future.
Old 12-16-08, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
thats kinda cool, but I'd rather it be a set of playable levels that had the items as unlockables.
Old 12-16-08, 04:00 PM

At least this is something a bit substantial for $2.99. It isn't a bad deal - now I hope someone gets me some PS Store gift cards for xmas!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.