Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-12, 04:17 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Unless I've missed something, everybody in a particular instance of a game is in the same party.
Old 05-17-12, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It was strange today someone from my friend group i guess wanted to group up so all of a sudden I am in a party and my follower is in the camp.

You do not have an option to say no?
Old 05-17-12, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by gcribbs
Not when you're wearing that enchanted mini skirt with +3 sluttiness.
Old 05-17-12, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So after having numerous problems trying to tweak the settings to ge this running a steady fps on my MacBook, I downloaded this to my wifes $500 Asus laptop, and compared to the MacBook, it feels like I'm playing on a high end machine. It's a much better experience when I'm running 30 plus fps as opposed to 10 fps in high traffic areas. At least now I know what the hell is going on.
Old 05-17-12, 11:58 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

level 26 monk....rocking with near 400 dps..hell yeah..
Old 05-18-12, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gcribbs
It was strange today someone from my friend group i guess wanted to group up so all of a sudden I am in a party and my follower is in the camp.

Options then Social. Uncheck the box to allow auto-join
Old 05-18-12, 02:46 AM

beat the game on normal, lvl 32 monk, 5k hp 317dps.... onto nightmare!!! only 14 hours played too, not too shabby
Old 05-18-12, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm such a slow poke. I'm still in Act 2.
Old 05-18-12, 07:59 AM
gamer for life

I just made it to act 3 last night...I am still a level 26 monk, but after some auction house action this morning, I now have 425 DPS
Old 05-18-12, 08:07 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh Diablo 3 how I love thee.

The first couple of nights I was like "Yes, this is a great game, but I still don't really get the phenomenon." Well last night it just seemed to click and I am "all in" now my friends. I did some co-op last night and it was amazingly fun. I found a few of the rare yellow loot and that was exciting. I even put a few things on the gold auction site to see if I can get some gold out of some of them. I even bought one cool axe for my barbarian.

Man oh man, I thought it would be long time before I found a game that I would become so emotionally invested in like my time with the masterpiece Dark Souls, but this one looks like it is going to be just as unforgettable. I wish I had more time to play.

one thing that I wish was better in co-op is the text chatting. The chatting is really small on the side and with the actual voice acting also showing up there it is easy to miss when a human party member says something.

i must be very slow with this game I am 7 hours in and I don't think I have finished the first act yet. I have found all the sword pieces and killed the spider queen. however some of that 7 hours has been grinding a bit.

How do i figure total DPS? i am dual wielding with my barbarian. I have a scythe that is 19.8 and an axe that is 25.4. There are some magical properties associated with them but i can't remember what they are to list. the scythe is a yellow rare item and the axe is a blue magical item. so my total DPS is 45.20...is that correct? i know this is probably a dumb question.
Old 05-18-12, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm starting to realize just how addicted I am to Diablo 3 and how long it just might last. It's not too surprising, since I played the shit out of the first two. I can't even imagine an end in sight.

My only issue right now, and I think this will correct itself over time, is that using the jeweler and blacksmith seems rather pointless, given the prices you can find stuff on the auction house. Honestly, I don't even see the point of selling stuff on the auction house, as the time you spend listing that stuff, you could be spending on killing things for more loot and just vendor it all. I've pretty much stopped picking up white items too, unless they are gems.

Oh, and another complaint, is it just me, or is the loot that is dropping much lower level than everyone else too? I swear, 90% of the rares I see drop are around 10 levels lower than me on average.
Old 05-18-12, 12:35 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by wlj

How do i figure total DPS? i am dual wielding with my barbarian. I have a scythe that is 19.8 and an axe that is 25.4. There are some magical properties associated with them but i can't remember what they are to list. the scythe is a yellow rare item and the axe is a blue magical item. so my total DPS is 45.20...is that correct? i know this is probably a dumb question.

dual wielding increases your attack speed by 15%. You need to add your two together and divide by two and times by 115%. So not counting your bonus from all your items your dps is 25.99. If you want to make dual wielding work, it is better to get as close as possible on the two weapons. If both your weapons were 25.4...your dps would be 29.21. Because of this I would recommend two handed or use a shield. If you want to see your total dps with all stats added.... in your inventory... left of your equipped items is all your stats. Your strength, dex...ect. Toward the bottom of that list is your armor and damage. The damage listed is your total dps. In fact if you hold your cursor over that, it will say dps. So when you add new items and stuff...look at those two numbers..armor and damage...to see how it is changed.
Old 05-18-12, 12:40 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by flashburn
the trick I found to the auction house...people are sucking up items with the highest dps or armor rating for the level of that item. I sold an item this morning for 9999 gold, that was not that good, because the total armor was really high, even though the magical properties were weak. Right now I am getting maybe 20000 gold every hour of playing...and another maybe 10000 gold from the auction house....and it only takes me maybe 5 minutes to refresh the auctions every hour....

as for random loot, what I find is 99% of the time junk...even rare items. Still, when you actually find one that is amazing, it is one hell of a thrill.

Last edited by foxdvd; 05-18-12 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-18-12, 12:44 PM
gamer for life

so an item I am having success with...

If I find a weapon with a socket or two, I put in red gems. You can get low level gems cheap..a few hundred...turn them into better quality..and pop them into the weapon. I can turn a 27 dps weapon into 40 for only maybe 2000 gold...and it will sell for 7000-10000 easy..since the level requirement for the weapon is so low, early level people eat them up. Gems are a way to overpower your weapons beyond their current level since a level one weapon can have a level 10 gem and still be used by a level one person.
Old 05-18-12, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by foxdvd
the trick I found to the auction house...people are sucking up items with the highest dps or armor rating for the level of that item. I sold an item this morning for 9999 gold, that was not that good, because the total armor was really high, even though the magical properties were weak. Right now I am getting maybe 20000 gold every hour of playing...and another maybe 10000 gold from the auction house....and it only takes me maybe 5 minutes to refresh the auctions every hour....
Okay, that's good to know. I'll be on the lookout for items like that.
Old 05-18-12, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Are you selling blues or only yellows?
Old 05-18-12, 02:35 PM

dual wielding increases your attack speed by 15%. You need to add your two together and divide by two and times by 115%. So not counting your bonus from all your items your dps is 25.99. If you want to make dual wielding work, it is better to get as close as possible on the two weapons. If both your weapons were 25.4...your dps would be 29.21. Because of this I would recommend two handed or use a shield. If you want to see your total dps with all stats added.... in your inventory... left of your equipped items is all your stats. Your strength, dex...ect. Toward the bottom of that list is your armor and damage. The damage listed is your total dps. In fact if you hold your cursor over that, it will say dps. So when you add new items and stuff...look at those two numbers..armor and damage...to see how it is changed.
thanks for this explanation! i've been trying to figure it out. had 2 good 1h's and a good 2h, the 2h was still higher even with a slower attack speed. this make sense
Old 05-18-12, 03:37 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that is some good info there. thank you.
Old 05-18-12, 07:34 PM
gamer for life

Act 4...this is game of the year..

Leveling up is so balanced. The levels are so well done...you never get to much of one thing...just when you have seen enough caves it switches it up with something different. Loot is so addictive....everything is so balanced...
Old 05-18-12, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

How's this for someone who's never played the other 2? Just thought about picking it up and wanted to know what I was getting into. I remember playing Warcraft 2 and 3 back in college and out of college....haven't played much computer games since then though.
Old 05-19-12, 02:13 AM
gamer for life

I played 2 but never got hooked on it...I am hooked on Diablo 3..

Finished the game and started right into nightmare...done with act 1...

Rocking with a level 37 monk with 945 dps...
Old 05-19-12, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Quack
How's this for someone who's never played the other 2? Just thought about picking it up and wanted to know what I was getting into. I remember playing Warcraft 2 and 3 back in college and out of college....haven't played much computer games since then though.
This game is hack and slash, those games were RTS. I say get a guest code from a fellow DVDTalker and try it out first.
Old 05-19-12, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd love a guest code if anyone has a spare. I'm not sure if my rig can run it.
Old 05-19-12, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Behold! There is NO COW LEVEL

Spoiler:
There is, however, a Pony Level

Spoiler:
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GxPMy1w5Xvk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GxPMy1w5Xvk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
Old 05-19-12, 01:07 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Gems now stack!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.