Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-12, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

I was so excited the other night, when my first legendary dropped ... only to head to the auction house, and find 45 pages of that legendary already for sale
Old 05-21-12, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
All combat skills are based on weapon damage.
To move skills to different keys than the default, enable "Elective Mode" in the options.
^^This is really important to know. especially for wizard and witch doctor in the early levels
Old 05-21-12, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
^^This is really important to know. especially for wizard and witch doctor in the early levels
Yeah, you'll just demolish everything if you can find a high dps weapon plus some sockets, and load it up with rubies.
Old 05-21-12, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i got my first legendary yesterday as well. it's a wizard source or something. i have no use for it and the AH has plenty of them.
Old 05-21-12, 01:54 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deadlax
i got my first legendary yesterday as well. it's a wizard source or something. i have no use for it and the AH has plenty of them.

if i didn't have access to the auction house i am pretty sure my ass would get handed to me constantly playing solo. i am a level 21 barbarian on normal difficulty, I just started Act II last night. I have not been getting good loot at all on my own. Everything I have equipped right now came from the AH except for one ring. I would be torn apart without having done that. Most people talk about how easy D3 is on normal, so I am a little embarrassed to be honest. It was extremely easy earlier but Act II really upped the ante.

I am an idiot and didn't realize your stash can be shared with your other characters. So i have been unloading all non-barbarian stuff LOL.
Old 05-21-12, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i play a barbarian solo. i haven't bought anything at the AH or crafted anything. Maybe i'm just getting lucky. I'm mostly in yellows and it's been pretty easy except for getting stuck in plagues on occasion.
Old 05-21-12, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

For me on my Witch Doctor, Normal was extremely easy, but then again I always bought rares on the AH to keep me fairly well equipped. Then once I got to Nightmare, it felt like I slammed my face into a closed door.
Old 05-21-12, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I didn't have any problems playing through Normal mode with a Monk; at least once figuring out that standing in the green stuff kills you pretty quickly. I didn't buy anything from the Auction House.
Old 05-21-12, 05:14 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I couldn't finish Act II (final boss) with my witch doctor without a visit to the AH. After that, the fight became trivial.
Old 05-21-12, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I didn't have any problems playing through Normal mode with a Monk; at least once figuring out that standing in the green stuff kills you pretty quickly. I didn't buy anything from the Auction House.
Didn't you play WoW? You should know this man :P

Anyways, chapter 3 on nightmare and getting some very nice drops. Not having too much trouble as monk, so far level 46
Old 05-21-12, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

just got to act 4 on nm, and built my staff of hearding. too bad im broke now. Im really loving the demon hunter.
Old 05-22-12, 06:53 AM
wlj

i started up a Demon Hunter chick last night. I got her up to level 8. It is a really fun class to play so far, very different from Barbarian that is for sure. I stashed a couple of good demon hunter items from my barbarian playthrough that are proving to be rather helpful.

Like I have said before, I have not be a PC gamer. This is the first PC game I have purchased since Doom 2 came out probably. LOL is that like 15 years ago? Anyway it is a challenge learning to play with a mouse and keyboard. i have got the mouse attacks and movement down pat, but I just am not coordinated enough yet to incorporate the 1,2,3,4 keys effectively. Most of the time I keep a finger on Q so I can chug a potion quick. Now with a demon hunter, I need to use SHIFT alot so I can shoot with out moving. So now I have to worry about SHIFT, Q, 1,2,3,4. very tough for a console gamer. how do you guys do it? do you keep 4 fingers on the 1,2,3,4 keys for the most part? I wish I could map the potions to the space bar or maybe the "no move while shooting" command with my demon hunter to the space bar

Last edited by wlj; 05-22-12 at 07:07 AM.
Old 05-22-12, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by wlj
I wish I could map the potions to the space bar or maybe the "no move while shooting" command with my demon hunter to the space bar
I think you should be able to do this with "elective mode" in the gameplay settings. It lets you bind actions to any key you want.
Old 05-22-12, 07:35 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Elective mode lets you move skills around to wherever you want. To remap the actual keys (for example, moving potions or "Stand Still" to the space bar) go to Options --> Key Bindings.
Old 05-22-12, 07:39 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by Groucho
Elective mode lets you move skills around to wherever you want. To remap the actual keys (for example, moving potions or "Stand Still" to the space bar) go to Options --> Key Bindings.

cool thanks!! how did i not figure that out *face palm*

Last edited by wlj; 05-22-12 at 07:47 AM.
Old 05-22-12, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Just keep practicing, eventually muscle memory will take over.
Old 05-22-12, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

I was away this weekend and didn't get to play at all. I'm probably near the end of act 2. I agree with everyone about the AH; it really makes the game easy. It takes away the joy of finding a new item too. Everything I find is nowhere near as good as the stuff I can buy for 8-10K in the AH. I'm going to try to not use it at all with my next character.
Old 05-22-12, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My Barbarian has killed normal mode and nightmare. I am on Act 2 of Hell.

So far I seem to spend a lot of time running around trying to stay alive whenever I run into elite packs. Sometimes I just run them out of my path and die if I get a bad combo so I can avoid them after I rez.
Old 05-22-12, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i find the game extremely easy except for the end boss for each act.
I am playing a solo witch doctor on normal with avg to below avg gear (didnt buy anything from auction house).
The act 1 end boss i died once but managed to kill him on the 2nd trip.
The act 2 end boss is rather hard. i've died 2x already and haven't gotten pass him.
He kills me with 1 hit.
Old 05-22-12, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How far into Act 2 am I if I just...
Spoiler:
killed Maghda?
Old 05-22-12, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i guess i'm not playing as much as i thought. i got into every dungeon and try to explore them 100%. I've probably played about 20 hours, and I'm only on Act III of normal mode.
Old 05-22-12, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's about right for me too. I'm at 12 hours in Act 2. I finished Act 1 at just over 8 hours.
Old 05-22-12, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I took my time to finish the game in Normal as well. I pretty much played it entirely solo, as people in multiplayer tend to skip over quests, text, and other dialogue quickly just to go straight to earning XP which isnt as fun your first time through.
Old 05-22-12, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Watch out guys, apparently (this is third hand from the blizzard forums) there is a bug that will allow someone to take your gameid when they join your game and strip your character of everything they have. Not sure how it works, but I will only be coop with friends until that is fixed if true. While it's unconfirmed, people are saying they get hijacked WITH authenticators attached so it would need to be something in game for that to happen.

Here's a thread on it

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149539239

Last edited by glassdragon; 05-22-12 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-22-12, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Watch out guys, apparently (this is third hand from the blizzard forums) there is a bug that will allow someone to take your gameid when they join your game and strip your character of everything they have. Not sure how it works, but I will only be coop with friends until that is fixed if true. While it's unconfirmed, people are saying they get hijacked WITH authenticators attached so it would need to be something in game for that to happen.

Here's a thread on it

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149539239
First rule of blizzard forums:
1.) Don't believe ANYTHING people say on blizzard forums.

Blizz themselves has said that not one of the hacked accounts they've looked into has had an authenticator on it. Until there is some proof beyond what some guy said on a forum, I'll take them for their word on that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.