Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-12, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Originally Posted by Deftones
I'm confused by this. How is this calculated? Like, I have a weapon right now that's 196.3 DPS. I'm 4 levels below you on Hell at 52. I don't see how there can be such a disparity unless there's something I'm missing.

Edit: Maybe it's the INT level that's a multiplier?

Keep in mind that the offhand is more or less a stat stick, you will get little to no extra dps from an offhand weapon. In many cases a 2 handed weapon if you can use them is much better than 2 one handed weapons. A 900 dps 2 hander is probably close to twice the dps of 2 450 dps 1 handers.

And yes, there is likely a stat you have that helps out another area. For monk, our dex raises our dps, for warrior their str raises their defense.

Sorry if I didn't explain that right, but that's the best way I think i can.
Old 06-05-12, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,368 Likes on 930 Posts

i'm a wizard. my INT is nearly 2k. so i assume that's the "multiplier", so my true DPS is probably closer to 4k, if that's how it works. that's still pathetic, though.
Old 06-05-12, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Keep in mind that the offhand is more or less a stat stick, you will get little to no extra dps from an offhand weapon. In many cases a 2 handed weapon if you can use them is much better than 2 one handed weapons. A 900 dps 2 hander is probably close to twice the dps of 2 450 dps 1 handers.
Don't Demon Hunters get a 15% boost for using two 1-handers?
Old 06-05-12, 10:03 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

There's actually a DPS field on your inventory field that figures all this out for you (multipliers, etc). It's called "Damage", and it's at the character level instead of the weapon level.
Old 06-05-12, 10:07 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

two shots of my monk...these stats are not boosted...so in game skills actually raise these even more...

size spoiler...this is my weapon...note the reduced level requirement. I got this for 300,000 gold

Spoiler:

and my monk

Spoiler:

I have a full set of armor that is waiting for me at level 60 I already bought that will boost my hit points near 60,000...my resistances near 500 and my armor should be around 5500...
Old 06-05-12, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Groucho
There's actually a DPS field on your inventory field that figures all this out for you (multipliers, etc). It's called "Damage", and it's at the character level instead of the weapon level.
right by armor in the main inventory screen, right?. ok, then i'm worse than i thought, because I think it's less than 4k.
Old 06-05-12, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk God

holy shit. you are 4 levels ahead of me yet you have a weapon that 5x as powerful as mine.
Old 06-05-12, 10:16 AM

LOL my Witch Doctor is also level 56 and he's running around in rags compared to FOXDVD.
Old 06-05-12, 10:19 AM
gamer for life

reduced level requirement is your friend...set the weapon search to 60...and have the reduced level requirement picked and if you are level 56 set it to 4...level 52 set it to 8...and then set the dollar amount you are comfortable spending and you will easily double your dps...
Old 06-05-12, 10:25 AM
gamer for life

here is a quick search for a level 56 weapon a witch doctor can use...62,000 gold...

Spoiler:

the only down side, is at one time I had 3 million gold...now I have none...lol..but like I said I just bought a new set of equipment that will be waiting for me at level 60...
Old 06-05-12, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk God

holy fuck. good idea. thanks. i wasn't sure how that worked.
Old 06-05-12, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk God

ok, now that's awesome. i upgraded to a 2 handed weapon w/ my wizard (been running with 1 handed weapon). with that reduced requirement i got something that's nearly 500 dps, as opposed to my nearly 200 dps spear. it was only about 35k, also. fucking badass. thanks foxdvd.
Old 06-05-12, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by foxdvd
whoopdido...what is your diablo gamertag?...I would gladly help you get some good equipment and talk you through some ideas how to maximize your character...
Thanks for the offer. I'll post my gamertag tonight. I'll gladly take any advice you can give me.

I'm usually decent enough at figuring out games and playing them with at least a decent amount of skill, but I'm just not confident that I have any idea what I'm doing when it comes to this game.
Old 06-05-12, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

anyone on here want to trade gems, I have all sorts but need more emralds especially flawless star. I have like 10 ea of flawless star topaz, rubys and Amethsys. I know each class prefers one type over the other, maybe it will be useful if we swap to fit our classes?
Old 06-05-12, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone else playing hardcore?
Old 06-05-12, 01:40 PM

I'm dabbling in hardcore. I beat Act I last night on Normal, which really isn't a huge accomplishment but you've really got to be careful. On my softcore toons I can't count the number of times I've died because I stood in the wrong place or some other stupid mistake.
Old 06-05-12, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I have a level 19 Monk in hardcore but stopped playing it so I could finish the game on normal first. I figured it was best to get some experience playing through the game a couple of times before attempting a hardcore run. My biggest fear about hardcore is lag. Knowing my luck I'll get to 59 and then die because of a lag spike.
Old 06-05-12, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

whoopdido...what is your diablo gamertag?...I would gladly help you get some good equipment and talk you through some ideas how to maximize your character...
I guess I'm not exactly sure what my gamertag is. Would it be whoopdido#1784 My player's name is Norm.
Old 06-05-12, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by whoopdido
I guess I'm not exactly sure what my gamertag is. Would it be whoopdido#1784 My player's name is Norm.
whoopdido#1784 is your battletag, and the easiest way for friends to find you is to just give them that info.
Old 06-05-12, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Setzer
I have a level 19 Monk in hardcore but stopped playing it so I could finish the game on normal first. I figured it was best to get some experience playing through the game a couple of times before attempting a hardcore run. My biggest fear about hardcore is lag. Knowing my luck I'll get to 59 and then die because of a lag spike.
That happened to me once in the 40's. I had just started a pull including those green guys who explode and it all froze. That was the longest 10 seconds of my gaming in recent memory! Got booted and came back on just fine.

There were only two times when I was in any real danger of death so far, and both times I blame the Templar... He likes to run ahead. Once was when I pulled an elite pack of arcane jailers. The templar decided to say hi to an elite pack right freaking behind them with vortex and some other non issue ability. I'm running around trying to escape, and this was an area just chock full of baddies. I managed to get far enough away with blind and invulnerability, but not before being taken to a sliver of life...

Something about perma death makes it more exciting to play .
Old 06-05-12, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk God

son of a bitch. i accidentally purchased a lvl 60 armor today when i'm only lvl 54.
Old 06-06-12, 07:25 AM
wlj

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

reduced level requirement is your friend...set the weapon search to 60...and have the reduced level requirement picked and if you are level 56 set it to 4...level 52 set it to 8...and then set the dollar amount you are comfortable spending and you will easily double your dps...

whoa, i had no clue you could do this. i am gonna try this out tonight. I got 100,000 gold burning a hole in my pocket. so if I i am level 42, i would do a "4" in my search and it will pull up a level 46 weapon that I can use right away? Or would I search for level 46 with a 4?

Last edited by wlj; 06-06-12 at 07:38 AM.
Old 06-06-12, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
whoa, i had no clue you could do this. i am gonna try this out tonight. I got 100,000 gold burning a hole in my pocket. so if I i am level 42, i would do a "4" in my search and it will pull up a level 46 weapon that I can use right away? Or would I search for level 46 with a 4?
You set the level of weapon you want first.

So, if you want a level 46 weapon, set the weapon level to 46 and the reduced level requirement to 4 (46-4=42 -> your current level).

The max reduced level I have seen is 10. There may be higher out there.
Old 06-06-12, 08:38 AM
wlj

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gooter
You set the level of weapon you want first.

So, if you want a level 46 weapon, set the weapon level to 46 and the reduced level requirement to 4 (46-4=42 -> your current level).

The max reduced level I have seen is 10. There may be higher out there.

I wish I had know about this earlier. I am so excited, I can't wait to get home from work to go check this out to see what i can find. Thanks FoxDVD for bringing this to my attention.
Old 06-06-12, 08:50 AM
gamer for life

I saw a weapon with reduced of 15 once...it would be amazing to use with a level 45 character...

I would recommend trying to look for an item 10 levels higher at first...this will maximize your dps. In fact, level 51 is one of those magical levels where weapons jump in power about 40%...so I would set the search to level 51..with reduced level requirement of 9...and at first set the gold to no limit to see what kind of dps you should look for...then set the gold to maybe 20,000...and see how close you can get to that...

You should have no problem finding a 200-225 dps weapon for under 20,000...maybe even under 10,000....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.