Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Walking Dead - SPOILERS Discussion Thread - Show/Comic - News, rumors, casting

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead - SPOILERS Discussion Thread - Show/Comic - News, rumors, casting

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-11, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Season Two -- News, Rumors, Discussion, etc.

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
I don't get TVbythenumbers' logic. Okay, AMC can defer recording the expense of the episodes, but they also can't record the corresponding ad revenue. Don't see how that helps their financials.
If they are under the assumption that rating will go up from last year, having the numbers from the first half of the season they can charge more for ad space for the 2nd half. Otherwise, they'll have to use the numbers from last year for all 12 episodes. (My guess)
Old 09-02-11, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I think their logic is that AMC accountants are trying to make it look like they saved money in production expenses for the last fiscal quarter of 2011 by holding off airing the back 6 episodes until next year. Sure they spent the 2.5-3M per episode while filming, but they said it doesn't have to officially go into the books until they air.
Old 09-02-11, 01:44 PM

Here's another way to look at this from the positive side: If Season 3 begins in October 2012, at least the gap between the end of season 2 and the start of season 3 will be shorter. By the time season 2 begins, we'll have had over a 10 month wait from the end of season 1 so to me this isn't completely bad news.
Old 09-22-11, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's official. Ugh.

Originally Posted by Arrow in the Head
The month of August wrapped with the news that AMC was mulling an aftershow for "The Walking Dead"; specifically, a live talk show that would discuss in depth the events of the week's episode. A strange idea, but one that certainly could hold on to the large number of viewers AMC is expecting for the second series of the show. Today, word comes in that it's officially happening.

Per Deadline.com, AMC will launch "The Talking Dead" on OCTOBER 16th, following the encore presentation of the 90-minute premiere of "The Walking Dead". Then beginning on Friday, Nov. 4, the series premieres following "The Walking Dead's" encore presentation at 11 PM. Said show will be hosted by comedian and former "Singled Out" host Chris Hardwick.

“Fans of ‘he Walking Dead are incredibly engaged with every aspect of the show. They tweet, blog, and post comments in very large numbers, and we wanted to give them an opportunity to interact with the show in a way that they don’t currently have – a kind of live water cooler,” said Joel Stillerman, AMC’s SVP of original programming, production and digital content.

"The Talking Dead" will feature Hardwick talking to fans, actors, producers and TV enthusiasts, recapping that most recent Dead episode, and taking questions and comments from viewers. “As an ENORMOUS fan of both The Walking Dead comic and television show, I pretty much begged for this job,” Hardwick said. “Dissecting the moves of Rick Grimes and the remaining survivors after every episode is something I would be doing with my friends anyway, so the fact that AMC is actually paying to do so is a bonus.”
Old 09-22-11, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I'll skip this show in favor of checking the thread here.
Old 09-22-11, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

Is October 16th the first night of Fearfest?
Old 09-22-11, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

All of this news is terrible and very disappointing. I'm glad that I'm not too involved with the show, as I might have been had they aired 12 good episodes in season 1. As it was, I was getting into it, but it felt so incomplete that I told my wife I couldn't even rate the show with just 6 episodes.

At the end of the day, getting rid of Darabont makes me not even all that excited to see this anyway. But I'll certainly tune in to check it out.

Not a chance that I watch the after show.

Mad Men needs to make up for the back-to-back disappointments with this show and how they handled the end of The Killing (which I will absolutely give a second chance to, though) and if season 5 is even close to as good as season 4 was, I will be thrilled.
Old 09-22-11, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Why are people upset about the aftershow? Are we going to be forced to watch it?
Old 09-22-11, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I'll skip this show in favor of checking the thread here.
Your going to pass on watching season 2 because of a fucking Walking Dead talk show afterwards?
Old 09-22-11, 07:43 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

If I want to see a talk show featuring soulless ghouls, I'll watch The View. Surely AMC could have used the money spent on this to go to the actual show, instead of viciously slashing its budget?

Oh well. On the flip side, AMC is now in HD for me, so that's a positive.
Old 09-22-11, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't get all the hate. As a community we got ape-shit if we don't have special features on a DVD and will drive 40 miles out of town to get a Bestbuy exclusive interview with the cast. But when they offer to put all that after the show (not cutting time from the show itself) we get upset.

I can't wait for all the boycott the DVD posts if they don't include the aftershow.
Old 09-22-11, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Your going to pass on watching season 2 because of a fucking Walking Dead talk show afterwards?
I'll watch the Walking Dead, skip the Talking Dead and come to this thread o. dvdtalk for conversation about the show.

Clearer?
Old 09-22-11, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess I'm one of the few who looks forward to The Talking Dead, bad pun and all. It'll be like watching a DVD extra as the show airs.

Originally Posted by Groucho
If I want to see a talk show featuring soulless ghouls, I'll watch The View.
Old 09-23-11, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't say I'm at all interested in a talk show about The Walking Dead.

Originally Posted by Navinabob
I don't get all the hate. As a community we got ape-shit if we don't have special features on a DVD and will drive 40 miles out of town to get a Bestbuy exclusive interview with the cast. But when they offer to put all that after the show (not cutting time from the show itself) we get upset.

I can't wait for all the boycott the DVD posts if they don't include the aftershow.
I can only speak for myself but I stopped caring about DVD/Blu-Ray extras a very long time ago.
Old 09-23-11, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anything, it's staying true to the comic in that after every issue there's a really long section of boring ass questions that I have never bothered reading a single word of because really, it's letters to the editor.
Old 09-28-11, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

AMC On Demand has the full first season in case anyone wants to watch it before the new season starts. On Cablevision it's under the Free On Demand section.
Old 10-04-11, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Walking Dead web site has a 6 episode web series about the bicycle woman from the first season:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...es-1-a-new-day
Old 10-09-11, 01:46 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

the web series is good
Old 10-10-11, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It is, but there's a scene out of order.
Spoiler:
At the end of the 2nd ep we see the bloody rug moving, But Andrew doesn't kill Judy till ep 3 and then wraps her up.
Old 03-20-12, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
The Walking Dead: Open Season - News, rumors, etc Comic/Show [Spoilers on Everything]

Hopefully this can work for a discussion spoiler free between seasons.

Edit: Meaning everything is fair game to discuss.

Last edited by bluetoast; 10-14-12 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-20-12, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
re: The Walking Dead: Open Season. Comics/Show/Talking Dead [Spoilers for Everything]

Finally a spoiler free discussion! I'll be in here a lot so nothing from the comics/next season gets spoiled for me!
Old 03-20-12, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts
re: The Walking Dead: Open Season. Comics/Show/Talking Dead [Spoilers for Everything]

Bluetoast you are a douche ... how can you ruin this thread and tell me this is going to be spoiler free!? That completely ruins this thread for anybody who may want to read it ten years from now.

Edited -- wait, does that mean NO spoiler tags will be used and everything is fair game? Or does that mean you cannot say anything that may be a spoiler such as "[CONTENT REMOVED] and [CONTENT REMOVED] go to the [CONTENT REMOVED] and [CONTENT REMOVED] the [CONTENT REMOVED] until all of the [CONTENT REMOVED] finally [CONTENT REMOVED]"?
Old 03-20-12, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How can this be "Open Free" and be a non spoiler thread?:
Old 03-20-12, 10:28 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

I'm going to continue to talk about the show in the show thread. Spoilers between the show and comics is pointless and the show is different. Freakin' whiny babies.
Old 03-21-12, 04:50 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

zombies.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.