Print Wikipost

Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-17, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Only when it's in stock which seems to be very intermittent for this item. It's been like the UK Twin Peaks set that pops up occasionally then disappears only to re-appear a few weeks later
Well, I just bought it and assume it will ship. Maybe not...
Old 04-20-17, 05:50 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy
Well, I just bought it and assume it will ship. Maybe not...
I ordered it yesterday, and got the shipping notice this morning.
Old 04-20-17, 10:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know what people are doing with the Goo Gone, but I've used it dozens of times to successfully remove the glue from slipcovers...even partially removed stickers can be easily cleaned up. First, I use a blowdryer to warm and soften the glue. Then I gently peel the sticker s l o w l y applying a bit more heat as I go along. If there is any residual glue, I get nice clean terry cloth and spray just a small dot of goo gone on the cloth and gently rub the glue away. I then polish with a soft micro fiber cloth to lift any remaining goo gone. I buy many used discs with slipcovers that have partially torn stickers. In those cases, i add just a bit of goo gone to the sticker after I warmed it up with the blow dryer and gently scrape the sticker off using my fingernail....never ruined a slipcover using goo gone and I have well over 1400 Blus.

The Sony Savestation was fully stocked today so I grabbed the three 2-Packs that were available at 3 for $20. I grabbed "Bad Boys I & II," "21/22 Jumpstreet," and "The Raid Collection." Not bad, 6 movies for $20....and each movie is in its own keepcase and they are housed in nice double wide slipcovers.

Last edited by AaronSch; 04-20-17 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-21-17, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I've also had good luck with Goo Gone; but if they've changed the formula I have not tried the new one; it's been years. Somewhere I still have a 3/4 full bottle in one of the boxes I still haven't unpacked since my move of a year ago!
Old 04-21-17, 09:45 AM
Banned

I'm not aware if they changed the formula but I have a bottle purchased recently and I've used it with no negative results. I think it just takes patience to remove the stickers successfully. I find heating the sticker with a blowdryer is the best first step to removing them. You can remove most glue by slowly tapping the remaining glue with a piece of scotch tape wrapped on your finger or the sticker you removed...the gentle tapping usually lifts the remaining glue. But again doing it gently will prevent losing the printed layer on your slipcover. Goo Gone is always the last resort.
Old 04-23-17, 10:31 AM
Banned

Just a head's up. Best Buy now has "The Phantasm Collection" on sale for $59.99. Amazon has followed suit (that's a surprise) LOL. I prefer Best Buy since I get paid back for my patronage with free shipping, extended return time, easy price-matching, rewards points and local employment opportunities for my community. There's no need to fork over $100 to the b*st*rds at Amazon.

Last edited by AaronSch; 04-23-17 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-23-17, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronSch
Just a head's up. Best Buy now has "The Phantasm Collection" on sale for $59.99. Amazon has followed suit (that's a surprise) LOL. I prefer Best Buy since I get paid back for my patronage with free shipping, extended return time, easy price-matching, rewards points and local employment opportunities for my community. There's no need to fork over $100 to the b*st*rds at Amazon.
Since I bought my set online for In-Store Pick-Up, I was able to easily get the $20 adjustment over the phone!
Old 04-23-17, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I remember when Amazon was the trendsetter. There is still quite a bit I order from Amazon. The difference in pricing for accessories, cords, cases and the like is staggering. But most of the time I prefer to deal with BB. Either go to the store or get the free shipping. Plus just about any media I buy I get free or reduced with my RZ. I for one hope BB sticks around.
Old 04-23-17, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts

Unfortunately it's listed as sold out (can't even search for store pickup), but Best Buy has Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series for $49.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sherlock...skuId=25418604
Old 04-23-17, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 617 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Unfortunately it's listed as sold out
Shows up fine for me, and holdable at all the potential stores in two different states where I could foreseeably pick it up if I needed it. As slick as it is, though, I'm skeptical that they'll completely disappear from the Marketplace any time soon.
Old 04-23-17, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by JimRochester
I remember when Amazon was the trendsetter. There is still quite a bit I order from Amazon. The difference in pricing for accessories, cords, cases and the like is staggering. But most of the time I prefer to deal with BB. Either go to the store or get the free shipping. Plus just about any media I buy I get free or reduced with my RZ. I for one hope BB sticks around.
Amazon went down with me a bit when tax became an issue. Even though they're supposed to be charging the same rate as BB, they're always twice as much tax-wise, and with BB I have the option to return the product to the local store. Doing a comparison with "Phantasm", when I added the credits from my Amazon card I broke even, but BB says I'll get it in three days tops (we'll see) and with Amazon it's a mystery. Also, Amazon is once again back to offering me "Amazon Pantry" as my "bonus" for choosing "No Rush" again; if they'd offer me a video credit, I'd consider it a $1 off the cost of the product. No video, no sale.
Old 04-23-17, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Amazon charges you a higher sales tax then BB? They both charge me the same, 10.x %.
Old 04-23-17, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Unfortunately it's listed as sold out (can't even search for store pickup), but Best Buy has Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series for $49.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sherlock...skuId=25418604
Possibly a regional thing. Has showed up as sold out for me almost from the moment I saw it on Blu-Ray.com, and for nearly the entire day since. No local stores show it either.

Unfortunate, still kicking myself for missing the Wally World sale on the same, been looking to upgrade the DVD set cheap.
Old 04-25-17, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Free $5 gift card with several movies this week (including 4K)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/sp...SNFJy2qFkpdOSw
Old 04-26-17, 05:28 AM

Your post had me all excited until I realized that I had pre-ordered at $49.99. So I guess I should just STFU.
Old 04-28-17, 09:11 AM
Banned

It still excited me....! An excellent value at $59.99 and the opportunity to inspect the package to make sure it was pristine. I rarely pre-order an longer.
Old 04-28-17, 10:09 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Free $5 gift card with several movies this week (including 4K)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/sp...SNFJy2qFkpdOSw
Here's some more 4K's on sale.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/4k-movies-evn26077
Old 04-28-17, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It turns out that Amazon is the only major company still advertising with the hate monger Breitbart. That really disturbs me.
Old 04-29-17, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
It turns out that Amazon is the only major company still advertising with the hate monger Breitbart. That really disturbs me.
I really don't want to have to deal with any arguments sparked from this, so if someone gets the urge to vent in response, take it to the Politics forum. Thanks!
Old 04-29-17, 09:09 AM
Banned

I wholeheartedly agree. This is not the place for political discussion. But why didn't you just delete the offending post? That would have been far more effective (and fair) rather than quoting and then, of course, repeating the statement. That being said, I am passionate about the first amendment. I thoroughly enjoy reading Breitbart but do as little business with Amazon as possible.

Last edited by AaronSch; 04-29-17 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-29-17, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

But why didn't you just delete the offending post? That would have been far more effective (and fair)
Users generally argue that it's unfair to delete posts. Unless it's a spammer, something really egregious, or someone persisting after a mod warning, I move/warn rather than delete. I know there's no ill intention behind what was posted, so I figured a friendly "hey, let's not go down this road" is fine.
Old 04-29-17, 11:25 AM
Banned

I understand your point-of view Adam. However, these guys drop those types of comments here and at other forums and the people who respond end up getting the reprimand or suspension. I've been banned elsewhere (unsuccessfully) and I don't particularly give a rat's patoot. I believe leaving such comments unchallenged means acquiescence. Many are growing weary of such selective discipline here and elsewhere. If the comment was inappropriate for the thread then it should have simply been removed and a personal message and warning sent to the offender. Granted, that's just my opinion and I'm not the crossing guard here.

Last edited by AaronSch; 04-29-17 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-29-17, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Fine, MSNBC is awesome, I totally love it's balls on my forehead.

Adam, can you reprimand me so there's some sense of equality.
Old 04-29-17, 11:43 AM
Banned

Okay, the imagery is kinda repulsive and I'm gay.
Old 04-29-17, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

... I've been banned elsewhere ...
Shocking...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.