Grand Theft Auto - The Definitive Trilogy - Release Date TBA

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Grand Theft Auto - The Definitive Trilogy - Release Date TBA

Old 11-13-21, 06:53 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 576 Likes on 415 Posts
Re: Grand Theft Auto - The Definitive Trilogy - Release Date TBA

Sounds like it's a mess along these lines.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dan:
Adam Tyner (11-14-21), Bob_Bobbson (11-14-21)
Old 11-14-21, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Yea people are blowing shit way out of proportion. There are some graphical hiccups that I imagine will be fixed, mostly to NPCs, the games look and feel really good. The other big complaint is some of the music has been removed, which is 100% to be expected with a 20+ year old game that used licensed popular music. People bitch about the $60 price tag but then wonder why two Michael Jackson songs arenít in the game.

The internet is just a place for people to complain about everything.
Old 11-14-21, 10:06 AM
Premium Member

Received 452 Likes on 357 Posts

Vice City had awesome stations.
The following users liked this post:
Boondock Saint (11-14-21)
Old 11-14-21, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 291 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by beavis69 View Post
Yea people are blowing shit way out of proportion. There are some graphical hiccups that I imagine will be fixed, mostly to NPCs, the games look and feel really good. The other big complaint is some of the music has been removed, which is 100% to be expected with a 20+ year old game that used licensed popular music. People bitch about the $60 price tag but then wonder why two Michael Jackson songs arenít in the game.

The internet is just a place for people to complain about everything.
Not to mention the music was already removed in the last release.
Old 11-14-21, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,172 Likes on 1,395 Posts

Interesting.
Old 11-14-21, 11:33 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 576 Likes on 415 Posts

It's a botch job. Characters look like clay, and those messed up effects can make some parts unplayable. It shouldn't have been released in that state, but folks will continue defending multi million dollar companies no matter what they do.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dan:
Adam Tyner (11-14-21), Bob_Bobbson (11-14-21)
Old 11-15-21, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 253 Likes on 157 Posts

I'm enjoying San Andreas for free, but it really does look like shit. I have the brightness turned all the way up, and during cutscenes, everything is overly dark. I can't get it to look right.
Old 11-17-21, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Yeah, the complaints are real and this release is a shit show like cyberpunk...which includes people demanding refunds.

Rockstar Games best days are officially behind them. No hope for GTA 6 at all - it wouldn't surprise me if they're holding out on the release for hype alone...there is no way they're putting much effort into it.
Old 11-17-21, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,172 Likes on 1,395 Posts

Originally Posted by Rival11 View Post
Yeah, the complaints are real and this release is a shit show like cyberpunk...which includes people demanding refunds.

Rockstar Games best days are officially behind them. No hope for GTA 6 at all - it wouldn't surprise me if they're holding out on the release for hype alone...there is no way they're putting much effort into it.
I mean that's a ridiculous statement. They didn't put much effort into a quickie remaster of 20 year old games, so that means that GTA 6 is going to be terrible? Ignore all that they've done with creating and supporting GTA V and RDR 2 in the past few years? They treated this remaster like they didn't care, and they almost certainly don't. GTA 6, they'll care about that.
Old 11-17-21, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 677 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by Rival11 View Post
Rockstar Games best days are officially behind them. No hope for GTA 6 at all
The state of this trilogy is obviously inexcusable regardless of who was behind the wheel, but FWIW, the "remaster" was from Grove Street Games and doesn't reflect what Rockstar may or may not do for GTA6.

Old 11-17-21, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

GTA VI will blow all of our minds. Of that I have no doubt.
Old 11-17-21, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 253 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier View Post
Considering the direction of this company, I think it will blow our minds how microtransaction heavy it will be.
Old 11-18-21, 09:36 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 View Post
I'm enjoying San Andreas for free, but it really does look like shit. I have the brightness turned all the way up, and during cutscenes, everything is overly dark. I can't get it to look right.
Same here. Brightness full and in performance mode and still shit. Glad that didn't cost anything
Old 11-18-21, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

All I'm saying is that if this was back some years ago....Rockstar games would have NEVER let this shit happen with a release. There was something botched with Bully when it was released and they addressed it right away and the concern was legit.

Also, I saw someone defending RDR 2....please for the love of God tell me how Rockstar has been supporting that game?? How hard is it to support an online mode where there is nothing going on?

Also, the comment about "yeah, Rockstar doesn't care about these old games because they're 20 years old" is absolutely ridiculous - these are the staple games - you can't be serious with that statement - they just released and unfinished game and are making fake excuses Ike the others.

Hey, I hope I'm proved wrong with GTA 6, I do I'm just saying it seems like a downturn for Rockstar - they have changed and it shows.
Old 11-19-21, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Rockstar didn't work on this Bag of Shit definitive edition, they just published it; and they get a big fuck you for publishing it.

Pretty sad that once again, the community for the game is fixing the game with mods (PC) instead of the shitheads that made it.

Is someone else working on GTA 6 and not Rockstar?

I don't see how there is any argument around GTA 6 - we know nothing about it.
Old 11-19-21, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 326 Likes on 236 Posts

Everyone said the same thing about Cyberpunk due to how amazing Witcher 3 was.
Old 11-19-21, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Music View Post
Rockstar didn't work on this Bag of Shit definitive edition, they just published it; and they get a big fuck you for publishing it.

Pretty sad that once again, the community for the game is fixing the game with mods (PC) instead of the shitheads that made it.

Is someone else working on GTA 6 and not Rockstar?

I don't see how there is any argument around GTA 6 - we know nothing about it.
Again though, whether they worked on it or not, it still would have never seen the light of day in its current state.
Old 11-19-21, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Everyone said the same thing about Cyberpunk due to how amazing Witcher 3 was.
Rockstar didn't make either one of those games.
Old 11-19-21, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 326 Likes on 236 Posts

Rockstar didn't make either one of those games.
Wow, really? I had no idea....

The point is, having blind faith in any game developer based on their previous work is foolish.
Old 11-19-21, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My point is, GTA is a known quantity by Rockstar, they aren't going to all of a sudden forget how to make good GTA games. Whereas Cyberpunk was a new franchise from a developer I don't have any attachment to.
I'll eat my hat if GTA VI sucks.

Last edited by Maxflier; 11-19-21 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-19-21, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Nope, nothing wrong with this trilogy at all...

Rockstar Games
Spoiler:

A Note from the Rockstar Games Team RE: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition

November 19, 2021Hi everyone,

We want to provide an update regarding the unexpected technical issues that came to light as part of the launch of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition.

Firstly, we want to sincerely apologize to everyone who has encountered issues playing these games.

The Grand Theft Auto series — and the games that make up this iconic trilogy — are as special to us as we know they are to fans around the world. The updated versions of these classic games did not launch in a state that meets our own standards of quality, or the standards our fans have come to expect.

We have ongoing plans to address the technical issues and to improve each game going forward. With each planned update, the games will reach the level of quality that they deserve to be.

A new Title Update is on the way in the coming days for all versions of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition that will address a number of issues. We will update everyone as soon as it is live.

In the meantime, it pains us to mention that we are hearing reports of members of the development teams being harassed on social media. We would kindly ask our community to please maintain a respectful and civil discourse around this release as we work through these issues.

While one of the goals of the Definitive Editions was to allow players to enjoy these games on modern platforms for many years to come, we also understand that some of you would still like to have the previous classic versions available for purchase.

We will be adding the classic PC versions of Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas back to the Rockstar Store shortly as a bundle. Additionally, everyone who has purchased Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition for PC from the Rockstar Store through June 30, 2022, will receive these classic versions in their Rockstar Games Launcher library at no additional cost. We will update everyone as soon as these are back in the Rockstar Store.

Once again, we'd like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding while we work through these updates to ensure these games meet everyone's justifiably high standards.

Sincerely,
Rockstar Games

Old 11-19-21, 07:27 PM
Suspended

Received 64 Likes on 63 Posts

Yeah, one of my neighbours got this and showed it to me briefly, basically telling me not to buy it (I couldn't afford it anyway at this point but whatever), and the reviews are pretty accurate. It did not look good, and I did see that weird glitch where I think it was planes just crashing randomly (it might've been helicopters, but I couldn't tell cause it was raining in the game and everything was blurry like crazy)...