Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Grand Theft Auto - The Definitive Trilogy - Release Date TBA

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-21, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts
Grand Theft Auto - The Definitive Trilogy - Release Date TBA

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition and More Coming Soon

In honor of the upcoming anniversary, today we are excited to announce that all three games will be coming to current generation platforms later this year in Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and the Rockstar Games Launcher on PC. Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will feature across-the-board upgrades including graphical improvements and modern gameplay enhancements for all three titles, while still maintaining the classic look and feel of the originals. We’re extremely excited to share more about these groundbreaking titles in the coming weeks — stay tuned!

To prepare for launch, we will begin removing existing versions of the classic titles from digital retailers next week. For more information, please visit Rockstar Games Support. In addition, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will be coming to iOS and Android in the first half of 2022.

Plus, as part of the 20th anniversary celebration for GTAIII, look for a cavalcade of special gear to collect in Grand Theft Auto Online throughout upcoming events this Fall, including commemorative clothing and liveries.

We’ll have more details on how to acquire these in the weeks ahead as part of our ongoing events in GTA Online. This month’s GTA Online events will also have some special surprises — including the upcoming possibility of some unusual activity occurring in and around Southern San Andreas...

We are also continuing to improve and evolve GTA Online. As you may have noticed, we recently began cycling select Adversary Modes and Player Jobs in and out of the game. GTA Online offers a hugely diverse array of gameplay, hosting over 1,000 Rockstar-created Jobs and tens of millions more player-created Jobs since launch. By beginning to cycle the Rockstar-created Jobs in and out of the game over time, not only will we be freeing up space for new missions and modes in the future, but we are also improving the game’s matchmaking by focusing the community on a more streamlined list of Jobs from week-to-week.

This will also allow us to bring back Jobs at various times for special or seasonal events and help reduce some of the lesser-liked Jobs, as well as helping surface some of our slept-on classics or the community’s quirkier favorites alongside special bonuses, like this past week’s return of Offense Defense, Sumo, and more.

We are also looking at ways to improve the GTA Online experience for new and returning players in the upcoming release of GTA Online for the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S next March – stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire for details on this and more information about the expanded and enhanced releases of GTAV and GTA Online in the months to come.

And later this year, get ready to go on an exciting new adventure in GTA Online as some well-known contacts and familiar friends need your help in expanding their “legit business” — with many more surprises soon to be revealed!
https://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...more-coming-so

Looking forward to getting this. Vice City alone is one of my favorite games. I’m interested in getting the collection for Switch depending on the reviews. I know it won’t be as good as the other versions, but the portability aspect would still be a reason I’d want that version.
Old 10-11-21, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Re: Grand Theft Auto - The Definitive Trilogy - Release Date TBA

I bet they shoot for 60 bucks on this release. They need the money.
Old 10-11-21, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Despite their age they are three massive, expansive games with a ton to do. I think each on its own is worth $20. Especially if they’re remastered.
Old 10-11-21, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Not well over a decade later and several generations removed. I'd say 40 bucks is where I would set my spending limit. To each their own. I've also heard that these games will likely not even have the complete soundtracks from their original release.
Old 10-11-21, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Nostalgia is great and all, but I can't imagine going back to the shit graphics on these games after having been playing V for so long now.
Old 10-12-21, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

I'll wait for a sale... Probably spend no more than $30.
Old 10-12-21, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

If these were redone in the GTA5 engine that'd be one thing, but the game structure, controls and graphics will probably keep me away. Frankly the core gameplay mechanics outside of the open world aspect have always felt more like a chore than anything.

I think Demons Souls has kinda spoiled me on the whole remaster thing
Old 10-12-21, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

It will be worth it for me to buy. My first GTA game was IV and I love that game - still think it's the best one to date - V was such a huge let down - it's completely soulless.

I beat San Andreas a few years back on a digital download - game was tough and drove me nuts. For it's time, it was a massive game. Most people don't know this but they tried doing the three character swap back then as well but the technology back then just couldn't support it.

Played III sporadically over friends houses (fell out of gaming during the original xbox and PS2 days) thought it was kind of cool and never played vice city at all.
Old 10-12-21, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Vice City is the best of them all to date in my opinion. Has the best story, and a fun setting (both the city and time period).

I beat GTA III a long time ago. It’s been ages since I last played it.

San Andreas I had a hard time getting into. At the time I remember being annoyed by the extra stuff you had to do to keep your stamina up and whatnot. I don’t think I finished it.

To me neither GTA IV or GTA V were quite as fun as the entries on PS2. I beat them both though. I probably liked GTA V slightly more due to the three different characters to play as.
Old 10-12-21, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 553 Likes on 404 Posts

I've tried multiple GTA games in my lifetime and completely soulless is how I would describe all of them.
Old 10-12-21, 10:43 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I know! They’re so fun like that. I’ll be all over Vice City. I’d love to play that one again with a new remaster.
Old 10-13-21, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by The Questyen
I've tried multiple GTA games in my lifetime and completely soulless is how I would describe all of them.
Except IV. IV was brilliant as Liberty City was the main character. It felt like you were in NY while playing - It was also very immersive - especially for its time.
Old 10-13-21, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

I've never played GTA5 story mode... but I've racked up nearly 500 hours in GTA Online. =O

The best part of these games is having fun in the world, boosting cars, jumping off buildings, exploring, mini-games, having multiple garages packed full with customized cars, etc... Being able to do that online with a group of friends is just awesome.
Old 10-13-21, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Koby
I've never played GTA5 story mode... but I've racked up nearly 500 hours in GTA Online. =O

The best part of these games is having fun in the world, boosting cars, jumping off buildings, exploring, mini-games, having multiple garages packed full with customized cars, etc... Being able to do that online with a group of friends is just awesome.
Agreed. I don't think I got more than 10% into the story mode on it. Don't like the 3 character swapping and the online is just so fun.
Old 10-22-21, 09:24 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

anyone here subbed to PS Now?

Old 10-22-21, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Actually looks pretty good IMO.
Old 10-22-21, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks pretty good to me as well. I still plan to get this eventually.
Old 10-22-21, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Looks pretty good to me as well. I still plan to get this eventually.
Eventually being the key phrase. No way am I dropping $60 on this. For half that on sale, sure, why not? And having San Andreas on GPU will bide the time nicely while I wait.
Old 10-22-21, 03:42 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

^ and GTA 3 on PS Now!

But yeah, I'll wait until the set is like $20.

I'm not loving the enhancements though... I saw someone elsewhere say that it kinda makes the characters look like The Sims and, uh, they're not wrong.
Old 10-22-21, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Supposed to be on GamePass day 1. 11/11/21
Old 10-22-21, 06:38 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Music
Supposed to be on GamePass day 1. 11/11/21
Only San Andreas, per one of the posts above
​​​​​​!
Old 10-22-21, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
Only San Andreas, per one of the posts above
​​​​​​!
you son of a....

Oh, I totally missed the Gamepass part.. lol
Old 10-22-21, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 826 Likes on 547 Posts

I really like V. I can’t get into the online mode though. Just too chaotic.
I liked the extra shit you had to do in San Andreas. I made my guy so fat and he couldn’t catch anyone.
Old 10-25-21, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Very tempted. I fucking LOVE Vice City. May end up getting this just to play that again.
Old 10-25-21, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

From the screen grabs I’ve seen online comparing, I’m not impressed. I will play San Andreas on Game Pass though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.