Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Borderlands spin-off) --> 3/25/22 --> (all platforms, sans Switch)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Borderlands spin-off) --> 3/25/22 --> (all platforms, sans Switch)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-22, 07:57 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts
Re: Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Borderlands spin-off) --> 3/25/22 --> (all platforms, sans Switch)

Who ever thought of the idea of making a dlc so that if you go through and clear out, many enemies of all variety, in many rooms and per chance die have to go back to the very beginning, is a total moron. It’s brainless and I’ll probably never revisit that pos.
The following users liked this post:
uteotw (04-25-22)
Old 04-28-22, 08:30 AM

Re: Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Borderlands spin-off) --> 3/25/22 --> (all platforms, sans Switch)

this game is a fucking blast to play! plain and simple.

i was lukewarm at the beginning, but slowly, as i built up my character (even level 10 and beyond is where it started) and got the things i wanted (guns, wards, spells, etc.), it has really taken off. i'm level 39 and still have 2 main missions to go. i'm doing side quests and conquering the Overworld. most combat encounters i don't even have to shoot my gun really. i got a ward (Hammer and Anvil) that is super high and has this hammer that follows me and kills bad guys very well. i melee a lot with a melee weapon that spawns hydras that shoot enemies. i got the frying pan too, which i used for awhile and loved, but then got another legendary melee weapon that just kicks ass. between those and spells and my action skill, i literally sit in a corner and watch the carnage and hardly have to do anything except run over and pick up fallen loot. it's amazing really and so much fun. i almost don't want it to end.

i play for hours on end now and just am having a ton of fun beating areas, completing quests and finding a lot of hidden stuff.

i really thought i would be burnt out from so much Borderlands 3 not too far back, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Because while this maybe a spin-off, it shares only a little with the Borderlands franchise and hell, i would love another one of Tiny Tina's Wonderlands. hope it sold well because i love being in this world and enjoy every facet of it and would love to play a sequel or two.
uteotw (04-28-22)
Old 04-29-22, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

This is IMO the best Borderlands game at launch overall, the story is fun, great gameplay, and the endgame is good. The main story is a little short, but I don't mind that since you will probably have to play through it with multiple classes, I do wish they had a start at Brighthoof option for your next playthroughs though. BL3 after multiple years got it to a great place but started horribly, BL2 had a great story but the endgame was terrible, TPS got killed before endgame really happened but had the best VH skill trees to this day.

It's really a shame about that DLC, if DLC1 was ALL 4 mirrors it would be no problem, but this just launched poorly. My last chaos chamber run seriously had Chums as the end boss. It gives me no reason to play the DLC when the rewards for the Chaos Chamber are much greater.
OldBoy (04-29-22)
Old 04-29-22, 08:50 AM

what is the chaos chamber exactly? is that the "endgame" and what does that mean?

i'm level 40, but haven't finished the campaign yet. and besides starting a new class and getting Myth points (what is this rank anyway?), what is the incentive to keep playing? and, if you start a new class build, new character, etc., do i lose my existing level 40 character?

i hit 40 and know i need to finish main campaign, but not sure i want to continue after main. any word on if the level cap will be raised at some point?

Last edited by OldBoy; 04-29-22 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-30-22, 10:20 AM

Wow! was that a finale. great last level and final boss, the Dragon Lord. i actually had chills when he was defeated. the songs, Critical Hit and then Dragon Attack by Queen were fantastic credit role songs. i was surprised i didn't even die or need a death save at all. very unlike me. that's a first for me. but, wow, just what a way to end a game. kinda sad it's over. i want a sequel now!

Last edited by OldBoy; 04-30-22 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-02-22, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Wow! was that a finale. great last level and final boss, the Dragon Lord. i actually had chills when he was defeated. the songs, Critical Hit and then Dragon Attack by Queen were fantastic credit role songs. i was surprised i didn't even die or need a death save at all. very unlike me. that's a first for me. but, wow, just what a way to end a game. kinda sad it's over. i want a sequel now!
Totally agree. Best game I've played in a long time. I've done some Chaos Chamber stuff afterwards but I think I'm about done. Great ride.
Old 05-02-22, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by uteotw
Totally agree. Best game I've played in a long time. I've done some Chaos Chamber stuff afterwards but I think I'm about done. Great ride.
i think i'm done too. i did some chaos runs on easy then hard. didn't pose much of a challenge. too bad too. i hope the next 3 dlc's bring back that same fun as the main game, but with that first, not looking too good. who knows. now, gotta find something else to play that's just as addictive. which, is gonna be so hard.
Old 05-02-22, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm up to Chaos level 25. That seems like my sweet point, the game give a good challenge mobbing, Bad Ass enemies seems to appear more. Right now I'm farming Loot Dice to get my luck up.

I played the new week of the DLC, but there just isn't much there. Recycled areas/enemies, quite lazy. It's quite concerning that their plan was to have 3 more mirrors with, I assume, the same thing. Again if all 4 mirrors were 1 DLC, thats fine, but each one of these costing like $10 is crazy. In BL3 the DLCs had new enemies, new areas and new REAL stories for the same price. The second season pass may not have been great in BL3, but it was miles better than this. I still love the game, now I just need to play as my spell shot, I'm going to miss my pet mushroom though.
Old 05-12-22, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Does anyone or has anyone seen their Loot Dice numbers down or reset lower....someone mentioned it to me they saw their character has lost nearly half and there was something out there about it with last or before update. They have been trying to farm some certain Boss on a certain item, nearly 20 runs and only 2-3 Legendary dropped. So we ran a normal Chaos Chamber and at the end with the Golden Rabbits, had enough for three tries....I did all three of mine for the Armor Character Mod....just one Legendary of 12 drops....

...and it seems I'm not seeing a lot of those....costly items...you know like items valued at say 13K to 20k drop much either. Last night there was more Blue drops and most seemed like 5K to 8K....I'm not hurting for Gold but before i'd using items to send to other characters to sell.
Old 05-24-22, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

I blew through the newest DLC in under 40 minutes. I only took that long to find the hidden chests. It is short and while the new dialog is somewhat funny, it does feel like we are being cheated. I bought the Chaotic Great Edition and well, I was really expecting a larger expansion.

Spoiler:
Wonderlands is set before Borderlands 2 and Tina is still living in her cave. Roland promises to play with her again and honestly, a new version of the campaign with Roland offering new enemies and quests would be welcome at this point.

Old 05-25-22, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah the DLCs were a huge rip off, I had no hesitation buying the most deluxe edition of Wonderlands because every previous BL game I felt I always got more than my moneys worth. The Headhunter packs from BL2 were a much better deal than these for 1/3 the price, and the free DLC from BL3 blows this crap out of the water. If the first DLC was considered all 4 of these mirrors and we were getting real DLCs after I wouldn't be upset, but that is not the case. I will say the second DLC is better than the first, but I'm just going to wait until all 4 weeks are released and then play it, as it stands I've started playing a new game. I enjoyed this game a bunch, but they really screwed up the DLC to the point most everyone will be questioning buying all future deluxe editions from the company.
emachine12 (05-25-22)
Old 06-12-22, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Is anyone still playing this on PS5? I have gotten back into it and I'm almost level 40.
K&AJones (06-16-22)
Old 06-12-22, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Just picked this up. Holy shit it is a blast. Always loved the BL series, but this is a fresh take on it. The overworked stuff and the random enemy encounters are great. Voice acting is top notch, too.
The following 2 users liked this post by Deftones:
K&AJones (06-16-22), uteotw (06-15-22)
Old 06-16-22, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Is anyone still playing this on PS5? I have gotten back into it and I'm almost level 40.

Sorry I didn't get your message or see it till late yesterday and yea, hopefully hook up and run some Chaos or whatever. Don't know if anyone else or who can and is running but good opportunity for a group...beats trying to run that thing solo. Hopefully around 7-730 my time central...
Old 06-17-22, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good runs yesterday...BL3 is still a blast and like any other BL game, the more playing the merrier.....

And Tiny Tin last night was a blast. That's the first time playing with 4 Players...and if we stay at it...it'll get even better. If they haven't done Chas Chamber Runs....they're in for a treat. Well we all are because I've only done them with 3 players...four will be insane as the enemy strength will be max. I sure like to get my Level 12 up and stay on the story path like we did last night. I won't be on till this afternoon...got to take wife in for her treatments this morning.
dsa_shea (06-17-22)
Old 06-24-22, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

the 3rd DLC has dropped and this looks good...and challenging....Molten Mirrors....Break into a heavily fortified prison in Vesper's third Mirror of Mystery! Deep within his mountain stronghold, Fyodor the Soul Warden lords over his horde of lost souls.In order to break their chains, you'll need to work past his murderous mechanized defenses, including terror-powered turrets, blazing furnaces, and bone-crushing hammers. But keep your wits about you, lest you become yet another of his captive souls!.......

Also the Next Class was reveals and coming with 4th DLC...The Blightcaller..... Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Reveals New Blightcaller Class and Molten Mirrors DLC | PlayStationTrophies.org
Old 06-24-22, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Wow, that actually does look darn good. May have to bite.
Old 06-24-22, 12:40 PM

if it's like the last 2 mirrors, forget it. stupidest structured DLC i have ever come across.
Old 07-04-22, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The third "DLC" is by far the best, I beat it and will now wait for the final form to drop. It's such a shame that the base game was great, but the DLC is just leaving a bad taste in people's mouths.

I read a conspiracy theory that there were 4 standard DLC made for the game, but the base game was so short they had to roll them into the main game. There a 4 areas in the game that you do not have to touch to beat the game, and that those were the original DLCs. The Jack and the Beanstalk area was one of those areas for example.

Anyway I am uptown c40 I will eventually get uptown c50 and call it a day.
The following 2 users liked this post by mh4268:
K&AJones (07-07-22), uteotw (07-05-22)
Old 08-14-22, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Started the new character...blightcaller....pretty interesting....almost a all-elemental chemist of sorts. I thought they were going to be mainly Poison but skill tree shows some parts where Shock, Fire, Cold can receive buffs but there seems to be a slight edge to the Poison Side.

The Passive...Whisper of Rot..."Applying an Status Effect increases Elemental Damage during the duration and does stack"...so the goal here would be to obtain and shoot for the Highest Status Chance.....which in the first tier there is ..virulence which maxed grants 30% Status chance off the bat along with duration...

The Two Skills...Plaguestorm and Bog Totem...I have not messed with Plaguestorm yet...it has a longer cool down for one, only one charge and one area. Shoots out random electrical bolts to enemies but those do not apply a status. But the Storm itself is pretty huge and does Poison Damage. Probably great for Bosses or a area to defend.......Bog Totem...just picture a much better and improved Hydra that shoots out the sort of Spriit Skulls seeking enemies. can have two up same time and when a enemy dies it increases the duration....but the real neat part of this is; the Totem uses what Elemental is on your gun at the time. You can switch to Fire, Poison, Shock, Cold and that's what it shoots out. The downside so far it seems it damage wise not that hard hitting but, if you have high status chance it makes up for it.

There is another passive which I'm using...Geist in the Shell....it has a nice quirk...anytime you land a Gun Critical hit, there's a chance you'll summon a Spirit Skull that seeks out enemies, deals Poison Damage and explodes on impact. Max this out and use a elemental high crit chance weapon and Bingo!!...between the Bog Totems and gun you have Flying Skulls everywhere.....

Only got yo Level 13 and haven't seen much on builds or which other class to pair with....I can see playing alongside a Spellcaster or even a Sporewarden class for some wild stuff....

Last edited by K&AJones; 08-14-22 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-14-22, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
This is on sale currently and I just started it. A bit late to the game here but I also just got a PS5 and didn't want to start Fallout 4 all over again and needed something new.

I am digging it so far.
Old 10-14-22, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

I keep going back and forth from the PS5 to the PS4 version (on the same PS5 console), and except for the slightly quicker loading times on the 5, I swear I don't notice any difference!
Old 10-14-22, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by d2cheer
This is on sale currently and I just started it. A bit late to the game here but I also just got a PS5 and didn't want to start Fallout 4 all over again and needed something new.

I am digging it so far.

Good to hear...and like other BL Games, it's fun...but just like the others, far better in co-op. I haven't touched in several weeks. I started the new class and ws hoping to see some on but guess everyone tied up with other games. main part is good and the DLC packs were fun to. I almost wish though they found a "Companion"...one that could do something ...for solo players to at least have some company....enjoy...
Old 10-15-22, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I'll get back to this soon to at least finish the last two DLCs for the achievements. They just really dropped the ball by not actually adding game content with new maps, stories and missions to do. There's not as much incentive to start and rank up different characters to play through a very straight and narrow 10 story missions.