Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

DEAD SPACE: Remake

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-23, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: DEAD SPACE: Remake

Originally Posted by Rival11
As much as I'm liking this game. I don't want to see them re-do the others. Part 2 is perfect as is. I definitely see why Capcom did it with all of the Resident Evil titles as those were very outdated, but I would rather see some new game/continuation then more remasters with Dead Space (even though the original DEVS are no longer around).

Funny you should mention this..... EA is reportedly polling fans on Dead Space 2 & 3 remake interest | VGC (videogameschronicle.com)
Old 02-25-23, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Funny you should mention this..... EA is reportedly polling fans on Dead Space 2 & 3 remake interest | VGC (videogameschronicle.com)
Yep, I read that earlier today. Of course everyone is going to say yes. I will defintiely buy them but I still prefer to see something new.
Old 02-25-23, 08:45 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 911 Likes on 771 Posts

At least bundle them.
Old 02-25-23, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I wonder if they'd expand the ending of Dead Space 3
Spoiler:
(the DLC follow up ended on a huge cliffhanger),
or if they'd eventually make a Dead Space 4.
Old 02-25-23, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I wonder if they'd expand the ending of Dead Space 3 (the DLC follow up ended on a huge cliffhanger),or if they'd eventually make a Dead Space 4.
While I loved 3 (the arctic suit was easily the best suit ever) they f'd it up with blending the co-op with the single player - it's not terrible or anything but they could have made that better.
Old 02-26-23, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 555 Likes on 406 Posts

Dead Space 3 is massively underrated. They better follow this one up with remakes of 2 & 3.
The following 2 users liked this post by The Questyen:
Rival11 (03-02-23), uteotw (02-28-23)
Old 02-27-23, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 555 Likes on 406 Posts

Just wrapped it up. Pretty much a perfect remake.
The following users liked this post:
steebo777 (03-06-23)
Old 03-02-23, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Questyen
Dead Space 3 is massively underrated. They better follow this one up with remakes of 2 & 3.
Glad someone else agrees. True they stumbled a bit in the opening (I had to restart the entire game because the one door wouldn't open after the opening shootout.

But this is the "Epic" Dead Space game - the enemy waves definitely get to be too much towards the end but it was super tense and a great way to close out the trilogy.......for that time.

Again, the Co-op stuff at time really messed up the single player game due to things making no sense but that's somewhat of a minor gripe.
Old 03-06-23, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by The Questyen
Just wrapped it up. Pretty much a perfect remake.
Totally agree. Finished it over the weekend, just incredible. Plus they give you so many nodes etc. when you finish I just had to start a new game+.
The following users liked this post:
steebo777 (03-06-23)
Old 03-20-23, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I finished it - very good. There are a few filler missions (Chapter six was one long filler mission and the backtracking you have to do in chapter 10 was a bit much).

I really loved how this game felt like everything you were doing was important to get the Ishimura up and running - they did a great job of pulling you into the game. In addition to the two issues above, I couldn't stand how you had to navigate the marker - that's where things should have really been trimmed down.

I don't know if anyone else noticed either but the first tentacle grab you go through was "forced" whereas the one sledgehammer did in the original was done on the fly meaning no matter where you were standing, the tentacle would track you down - It was just really cool because it had to exactly locate you and you felt like you could get away at a certain point - it's hard to explain but you can watch videos of this on you tube- I guess they spent a ton of money on it and it almost jeopardized the game.

I put in the original Dead Space game to compare the differences - wow, they re-did a TON of stuff. This wasn't a minor undertaking - they re-did ALL the levels in full.

But I will say this, the original is still scarier. The way the necro morphs look and move are just scarier. Also, they adjust the movements of some of the necro morphs from the original as well - in the original, the slithering ones jump and glide at you and it's much more effective.

Great remake though, probably the best remade game I've played.
Old 04-10-23, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

I just started playing it tonight and it's really good, but had to stop since I am tired. Will resume tomorrow.