Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-21, 02:48 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Blathers hasn’t said anything about the cafe - do I need to donate more art or something?
Have you collected and given artifacts from all areas of the museum? My wife realized she hadn’t donated a single statue, so the museum isn’t technically fully built yet. Make sure you have donated to the museum a least one fish, fossil, insect, and art piece (painting and statue).
Originally Posted by Goldberg74
There we’re fragments on the beach of “Star Island” already, also in the rocks, and I wished on a bunch that were falling.

… then this morning, on my beach, there were fragments from this wishes the night before.
Thanks for clarifying. That’s a pretty cool perk.
Old 11-05-21, 03:10 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Blathers hasn’t said anything about the cafe - do I need to donate more art or something?
My wife’s switch is the same. I’ve read a couple of different theories that there may be a certain number of museum donations needed, or that you have to at lest progressed in the game to have KK show up.

She does have several of each museum piece, but she does not have KK yet.

Doesn’t seem like there is a definitive answer yet.
Old 11-06-21, 09:14 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit
Thanks for clarifying. That’s a pretty cool perk.
I pulled a pic off my switch…

A very cool island!
The following 4 users liked this post by Goldberg74:
E Unit (11-06-21), Sonny Corinthos (11-07-21), tanman (11-09-21), The Cow (11-06-21)
Old 11-06-21, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 92 Likes on 88 Posts

I continue to really enjoy this, and I probably put in like at least 10 hours today alone. I managed to unlock Leif's place on Harv's island, so I'll have access to it tomorrow so can hopefully buy some already prepared ingredients or at least seeds so I can plant them. I've already unlocked a bunch of recipes, and even was able to make a fish dish without flour, as well as some apple dish. I've been saving a bunch of fish in storage and those have recipes all ready, I just need supplies. I even went back to the island when I had another $100K, but like a lot of things in Animal Crossing, they only let you unlock one store at a time, but the good news is I still have more than $100K, so I'll head there first thing tomorrow and will unlock another one. I'm leaning towards that Redd dude's store, but I'm still looking at the pros and cons for each.

Then, I even managed to completely pay off my final home loan. I only had like $60K left but it's a relief. Then I customized the exterior of my home for free. Next thing to buy will probably be additional storage, as I'm am slowly approaching my home's limit.

Got the Roost Coffee Shop, which is okay, but I'm still not willing to spring for an online subscription, so it doesn't have much appeal for me, aside when I'm told I can get some Nook Miles if I go for a quick coffee. I probably went there like four times today, and not once was there any other customers. At this point, I'm pretty sure people who were so looking forward to that obviously had online subscriptions and buddies they would invite to their islands (or those Amibos, which I'm still learning about).

Went around collecting mushrooms but I thought there should've been more. Was able to craft three items with those, I believe.

Then, finally, I took that boat for the second day in a row but there was nothing special about the islands. I think the most I got was a fossil, which I don't even really need cause I collected all the fossils a while back, so I just sold it. Still seem to only arrive at islands with apples, peaches, or coconuts. I basically play the game for at least an hour each day, so it's disappointing I haven't managed to get cherries, pears, oranges, etc, but I suppose I'll be able to get them from Leif's place.

Anyway, shut it down for the night but might be tempted to check again around midnight just to see if that ghost is around. Haven't seen him for a while. If not, should be up sometime between 5:00-7:00 AM (I have trouble sleeping), so I'll pick it up from there...
Old 11-07-21, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Have you collected and given artifacts from all areas of the museum? My wife realized she hadn’t donated a single statue, so the museum isn’t technically fully built yet. Make sure you have donated to the museum a least one fish, fossil, insect, and art piece (painting and statue).
Ah, that’s it then. I have everything but a statue.
Old 11-07-21, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn, that Leif place opened, but all I got were things to plant wheat and sugarcane (I was hoping I could buy them in their original condition and just start cooking stuff, but nope). No other veggies. I planted them, but now have to wait like 3 days, dammit. Went to another island on the boat. Again, nothing special, just chopping down the same trees, collecting the same fruits. Annoying. I keep seeing others visiting these unique islands, I almost wanna say that Nintendo is only granting those "unique islands" to Nintendo eSubscribers or whatever they're called, cause like I've said, I usually go to at least once a day, but I've never been to "unique" island. Which sucks.

I did reset that town thing so that the townsfolk stay up later, and the stores are open a bit later.

Purchased whoever owns the "Art" thing on Harv's island, guess I'll have access to it tomorrow. Guess that's cool.

As much fun as this update is, it still places limits on you, which is annoying, especially for people that don't wanna do "time shift" thing. That fucked me over on the GameCube version so I won't do that again. Oh well...Guess I'll have to wait til tomorrow...
Old 11-08-21, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Goonies85
As much fun as this update is, it still places limits on you, which is annoying, especially for people that don't wanna do "time shift" thing. That fucked me over on the GameCube version so I won't do that again. Oh well...Guess I'll have to wait til tomorrow...
Patience, young padawan.

You’ve got to play the long game. One day at a time.
Old 11-08-21, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Patience, young padawan.

You’ve got to play the long game. One day at a time.
Very, very true. I anxiously await tomorrow...haha...
Old 11-10-21, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Unlocked Redd's shop, which is cool. Going to fund that place that customizes stuff tomorrow. Still haven't been to a cool or unique island, despite taking boat trips every day with that guy. Basically just end up collecting wood and hitting rocks. Maybe finding the odd fossil (which, again, I already have all of them, so all I do is sell them) or a gyroid (I still don't understand the appeal of these; I remember them from the original GameCube version of the game, and even then I was puzzled, but oh well, I'll collect them when I find them).

Guess I gotta wait til tomorrow now...I did turn on that Late-Nite Ordinance or whatever it's called, so at least the stores are open a bit later, and the characters don't go to sleep so early...
Old 11-10-21, 09:52 AM
Banned by request

I completely forgot that Kapp’ns islands have different seasons as well. Went to a snowy island on yesterday’s visit.
Old 11-10-21, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Goonies85
Unlocked Redd's shop, which is cool.
Except he has the same art work for several days in a row and when he shows up on your island, those same pieces are part of what he's had that week.

Lame.
Old 11-10-21, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Except he has the same art work for several days in a row and when he shows up on your island, those same pieces are part of what he's had that week.

Lame.
Yeah, didn't notice that til today. Still bought a statue off of him, but whether or not its legit is up in the air. Aside from that, I did finance that shop where the two people will customize stuff you can't do yourself. Aside from that, managed to collect more mushrooms, but still have to wait for my flour and sugarcane to grow. Still fun, but at a certain point you're limited to what you can do, so you have to shut the game off. Instead, I'm doing what I usually do, watching old episodes of The Simpsons or Home Improvement...I know it's cheesy, and I completely disagree with Tim Allen's politics (I actually think he's a complete dumbass, in that respect), but I love his sitcom...looking forward to the morning cause I think the stuff I planted will be good, so I'll at least be able to cook stuff...
Old 11-11-21, 08:53 AM
Banned by request

Yeah, Reed’s need to have different stuff on Harv’s Island and when visiting. Devs took a shortcut.

Same with Leif I noticed. He’s been selling sugar cane and tomatoes for 2 days in a row so far.
Old 11-12-21, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did manage to harvest wheat and sugarcane today, and was able to cook some stuff. Still hoping to be able to plant other stuff like tomatoes, but his shop isn't offering them. Still surprised when I hear about these cool, unique islands people get to go to, cause so far that Kappn guy has only brought me to the same exact islands I've already visited so it's just the same old cut down trees, collect wood, hit rocks, collect stones and ore. I've heard about him taking people to places that are unique (like snowy places), but so far nothing. So I guess I'll keep trying but it's getting annoying...
Old 11-12-21, 07:36 AM
Banned by request

This article answers why.

https://animalcrossingworld.com/2021...-2-0-datamine/
Old 11-12-21, 08:04 AM
Banned by request

They already have an update. I’m guessing it’s just behind the scenes fixes and stuff. Now 2.0.1
Old 11-12-21, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, Reed’s need to have different stuff on Harv’s Island and when visiting. Devs took a shortcut.

Same with Leif I noticed. He’s been selling sugar cane and tomatoes for 2 days in a row so far.
The inventory changes every Monday. With the exception of Redd. If you buy a piece of art, a new one will replace it the next day.
Old 11-12-21, 07:01 PM

That makes sense. I've been playing since April 2020 and I've been to some hum-dinger islands so far.

Oh, Lief visited today (thanks for the head's up Isabel), and he had Sugar Cane starts! I finally have all of them now!
Old 11-13-21, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They already have an update. I’m guessing it’s just behind the scenes fixes and stuff. Now 2.0.1
Yeah, I noticed this. Small subtle changes but they are appreciated. Still, travelled again to basically the same island my character lives on. It would be great to see an island with different weather and fruits/veggies and whatnot...but oh well...Managed to get the "customization' store open. So that's three stores open. Working on the storage one next but I gotta save up way more bells.
Old 11-13-21, 06:26 AM

My daughter plays infrequently, and she just happened to by some turnips last Sunday and forgot about it.

Panicked, she hopped on last night and our store just happened to be buying them for 544 bells.

Needless to say, she was excited.
Old 11-14-21, 09:03 AM
Banned by request

Wow, the day before they go bad. That’s some gambling that paid off there.
Old 11-15-21, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 219 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by DVDChris
The inventory changes every Monday. With the exception of Redd. If you buy a piece of art, a new one will replace it the next day.
So what Leif has today, will be there until next Monday? If so, then crap! Last week he had pumpkins and potatoes. Today, he has pumpkins and tomatoes. We already have all of those. I guess I will have to check out some islands to see if I can locate any wheat and sugar canes.
Old 11-15-21, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
So what Leif has today, will be there until next Monday? If so, then crap! Last week he had pumpkins and potatoes. Today, he has pumpkins and tomatoes. We already have all of those. I guess I will have to check out some islands to see if I can locate any wheat and sugar canes.
That's correct. I've got wheat and carrots right now. I can order some for you if you want to come visit, or I visit you.
Old 11-15-21, 05:31 PM
Banned by request

I also have a lot of those. I can visit or just mail some to you. Friend code is SW-4272-3186-0045
Old 11-19-21, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 219 Likes on 166 Posts

Thanks for the offer guys, but my wife's island had flour and sugar to sell.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.