Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

Old 05-13-23, 05:54 PM
  #4551  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 49,645
Received 950 Likes on 795 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

On my phone it says not available to purchase, but my pc was letting me get to order page for $75.85. Odd.
Old 05-13-23, 06:33 PM
  #4552  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,617
Received 6,379 Likes on 4,365 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

Originally Posted by OldBoy
On my phone it says not available to purchase, but my pc was letting me get to order page for $75.85. Odd.
You probably weren't logged into your account. If you own one version you cant buy another. Even if you only "own" one by grabbing it from PS Plus.
Old 05-13-23, 08:02 PM
  #4553  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 49,645
Received 950 Likes on 795 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

I was logged in and it let me purchase but not download. It’s cool. Already got my refund.
Old 05-16-23, 06:24 AM
  #4554  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,617
Received 6,379 Likes on 4,365 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

That new PS5 exclusive game, Humanity, which is a PS Plus Extra tier freebie looks to be fun and weird and crazy. It's getting very good reviews, scoring an 84 on Metacritic

Old 05-17-23, 11:25 AM
  #4555  
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin
Thread Starter
 
Adam Tyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Greenville, South Cackalack
Posts: 28,917
Received 1,912 Likes on 1,257 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

Old 05-17-23, 03:39 PM
  #4556  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 23,722
Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

I would love a confirmation for Ghost of Tsushima 2.
The following users liked this post:
Rob V (05-17-23)
Old 05-18-23, 07:45 AM
  #4557  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 8,924
Received 121 Likes on 109 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

The timing of the Showcase...next Wednesday...is no coincidence....First, XBox is in trouble, no matter how you look at it despite the...."Huge Win"....YouTubers are proclaiming with the EU Approval of Activision Aquisition. But they have serious issues with The Games; M.S issued huge layoffs late last year that hit The Gaming Side Hard, especially 343 Industries leaving everyone stunned since it's huge with Halo. All Hopes & Chips have been on Starfield being the savior that got a delay earlier this year, then all fell on Redfall to save XBox and it was racked over the coals so now hopes on it 9September after another delay) with a XBox/Bethesda Showcase in...June....

So what does Sony do, announce a Showcase for near end of May...which we have Diablo 4 released June 1 and Zelda getting rave reviews everywhere...Sony and Nintendo are riding high while XBox is eating their dust...


Old 05-18-23, 08:13 AM
  #4558  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 23,722
Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

I guess we will see if this is accurate…

The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (05-18-23)
Old 05-18-23, 09:11 AM
  #4559  
Dan
DVD Talk Hero
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the straps of boots
Posts: 28,070
Received 1,204 Likes on 853 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

Bloodborne 2 and/or Bloodborne Remaster/Remake please!
Old 05-18-23, 09:21 AM
  #4560  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 18,267
Received 239 Likes on 172 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

Well not all of those can be exclusives so I'm looking forward to the event to see what new pc games are coming out
Old 05-18-23, 09:53 AM
  #4561  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 45,373
Received 1,038 Likes on 822 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

Originally Posted by Decker
That new PS5 exclusive game, Humanity, which is a PS Plus Extra tier freebie looks to be fun and weird and crazy. It's getting very good reviews, scoring an 84 on Metacritic

https://youtu.be/DXaPjqUq-JU
Looks like Lemmings if it were made by the Katamari Damacy people
Old 05-18-23, 10:04 AM
  #4562  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,617
Received 6,379 Likes on 4,365 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Well not all of those can be exclusives so I'm looking forward to the event to see what new pc games are coming out
I think those are all Sony-owned studios, so they might all be PS5 exclusives. Though some might come to PC eventually, like TLoU Part 1 and Spider-Man did.
Old 05-18-23, 10:09 AM
  #4563  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 18,267
Received 239 Likes on 172 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

Originally Posted by Decker
I think those are all Sony-owned studios, so they might all be PS5 exclusives. Though some might come to PC eventually, like TLoU Part 1 and Spider-Man did.
EVERYTHING eventually comes to the pc (except Until Dawn I want to play that game so bad mostly because I can't ).
Old 05-18-23, 03:21 PM
  #4564  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 8,924
Received 121 Likes on 109 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

Originally Posted by Dan
Bloodborne 2 and/or Bloodborne Remaster/Remake please!
There's been rumors of a Bloodborne remaster on and off for past year...however it picked up steam last couple of months and has now been mentioned...a possibility...for the Showcase. When the game came out on PS4 it looked really good; art, style, design a sight to behold......if a Remastered version is announced...That Be The Bomb...can only imagine what it would look like on PS5.;..I'd do a complete playthru again..
Old 05-18-23, 03:57 PM
  #4565  
Dan
DVD Talk Hero
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the straps of boots
Posts: 28,070
Received 1,204 Likes on 853 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

Originally Posted by K&AJones
There's been rumors of a Bloodborne remaster on and off for past year...however it picked up steam last couple of months and has now been mentioned...a possibility...for the Showcase. When the game came out on PS4 it looked really good; art, style, design a sight to behold......if a Remastered version is announced...That Be The Bomb...can only imagine what it would look like on PS5.;..I'd do a complete playthru again..
Honestly, it is pointless to believe any of this until it actually happens, because rumors have been abound shortly before every showcase that "this is the time it really happens!" and so forth.
Nah. There are legitimate reasons to believe a remaster/remake can never happen for logistical issues (re-signing a deal with FROM, I imagine), but... but... the mere existence of the truly phenomenal Demon's Souls remake (a paid-for and seemingly time-unlimited exclusive before Sony bought BluePoint) is enough to keep hope alive.

I never did beat Bloodborne myself. But having semi-recently powered my way through both Elden Ring and Dark Souls 1... I'm ready to tackle it for the 4th time
The following 2 users liked this post by Dan:
K&AJones (05-19-23), Music (05-20-23)
Old 05-19-23, 05:44 AM
  #4566  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 8,924
Received 121 Likes on 109 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

Well, here's one Dev that will be showcasing a new IP and sounds like they're excited for it....

Days Gone Dev Can't Wait to Show You Its First PS5 Exclusive | Push Square
Old 05-19-23, 08:21 AM
  #4567  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 23,722
Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

I’m sad if this is true…

Old 05-19-23, 08:34 AM
  #4568  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: NH
Posts: 8,929
Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

How about we just wait 5 more days for the Showcase?
The following users liked this post:
Dan (05-19-23)
Old 05-19-23, 08:40 AM
  #4569  
DVD Talk Legend
 
LorenzoL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 23,722
Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

Who wants to do that?
The best part is the speculation of what games will be showing up…
The following 2 users liked this post by LorenzoL:
K&AJones (05-20-23), steebo777 (05-19-23)
Old 05-20-23, 07:22 AM
  #4570  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 8,924
Received 121 Likes on 109 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I wouldn't discount the possibility of GoT2 yet...... However...I would be far more hopeful and possibility of a GoT2 trailer at the Game Awards where some serious announcements are made for a far wider audience....and yes GoT was announced at a Playstation Showcase back in 2018...

On another note.....
Well...to say Playstation hardware is doing good over in Europe is a bit understating...and interesting when you compare Playstation and XBox Hardware figure over there.....seems Playstation is on a bit of a roll right now and with Showcase Next Week, who knows...

PS5’s April 2023 Hardware Sales Jumped 144% In Europe Compared To April 2022..... https://www.psu.com/news/ps5s-april-...to-april-2022/

Last Month's Series X and S Sales Strong In Europe Compared to April 2022...Up 19% in European markets .... https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/0...-to-april-2022

Last edited by K&AJones; 05-20-23 at 07:47 AM.
Old 05-20-23, 08:08 AM
  #4571  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 18,267
Received 239 Likes on 172 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

Spoiler for size.

Drip drip drip drip drip...

Spoiler:



Old 05-20-23, 08:56 AM
  #4572  
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin
Thread Starter
 
Adam Tyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Greenville, South Cackalack
Posts: 28,917
Received 1,912 Likes on 1,257 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

Originally Posted by K&AJones
The timing of the Showcase...next Wednesday...is no coincidence....First, XBox is in trouble, no matter how you look at it despite the...."Huge Win"....YouTubers are proclaiming with the EU Approval of Activision Aquisition. But they have serious issues with The Games; M.S issued huge layoffs late last year that hit The Gaming Side Hard, especially 343 Industries leaving everyone stunned since it's huge with Halo. All Hopes & Chips have been on Starfield being the savior that got a delay earlier this year, then all fell on Redfall to save XBox and it was racked over the coals so now hopes on it 9September after another delay) with a XBox/Bethesda Showcase in...June....

So what does Sony do, announce a Showcase for near end of May...which we have Diablo 4 released June 1 and Zelda getting rave reviews everywhere...Sony and Nintendo are riding high while XBox is eating their dust...
Originally Posted by K&AJones
and interesting when you compare Playstation and XBox Hardware figure over there
Discussion about competing consoles is naturally going to bleed into threads like this, which is okay, but some of this is feeling particularly console war-y to me. I'd prefer for us to stay away from that.
The following 2 users liked this post by Adam Tyner:
Dan (05-20-23), Music (05-20-23)
Old 05-20-23, 09:39 AM
  #4573  
Dan
DVD Talk Hero
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the straps of boots
Posts: 28,070
Received 1,204 Likes on 853 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Spoiler for size.
Since we're posting unsourced random images...
Spoiler:
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (05-20-23)
Old 05-20-23, 09:45 AM
  #4574  
DVD Talk Legend
 
GatorDeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The "Real" Vice City
Posts: 18,267
Received 239 Likes on 172 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

It's Reddit, it's true.
Old 05-20-23, 11:27 AM
  #4575  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,617
Received 6,379 Likes on 4,365 Posts
Re: PlayStation 5 - 11/12/20

Originally Posted by Decker
That new PS5 exclusive game, Humanity, which is a PS Plus Extra tier freebie looks to be fun and weird and crazy. It's getting very good reviews, scoring an 84 on Metacritic

https://youtu.be/DXaPjqUq-JU
Originally Posted by RichC2
Looks like Lemmings if it were made by the Katamari Damacy people
It definitely has Katamari vibes. It's an absolute winner! I played maybe 10 levels so far and they're all great and fun. Man, you kill a lot of humans though (the game assures you that their souls are intact and they will return shortly to mortal form again).
I played in VR, which is absolutely not necessary, but is very cool as you float over each environment, scrutinizing each potential path forward and watching these mindless humans follow your every command.
So, so worth checking out if you have a higher tier PS Plus membership.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (05-20-23)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.