Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Xbox Game Pass/Game Pass Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-21, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 397 Likes on 297 Posts
Re: Xbox Game Pass/Game Pass Ultimate

Originally Posted by Decker
Does it make the game less like JC4? That’d be a good start.
Old 05-12-21, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Old 05-13-21, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I might have to make another playthrough of that game.

My only complaint about that game is that once you beat a level, and then go back to find all the collectibles, the levels seem, for lack of a better word, lonelier.
Old 05-13-21, 06:49 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

that looks great. is this just a wacky platformer? i'll dl. good reviews? fun to play?
Old 05-14-21, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 397 Likes on 297 Posts

It’s an amazing game, but frustrating at times.
Old 05-14-21, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

It's aged reasonably well, but you definitely can tell what era it came out in.
Old 05-14-21, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

There are some incredibly difficult sections, especially if you're trying to 100% it, but the characters and humor are fantastic.
Old 05-20-21, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

I have to say I'm more leaning into getting this...for PC....more than ever or at least try the $1 Month promo. There's two games coming I want to play/try...Dungeons and Dragons: Darl Alliance and The Ascent (JulY) since I'm a Diablo/Pathof Exile type and currently playing Warhammer 40K Inquisitor Martyr ....

...how is the cross play with Console and PC right now thru XBox Services?.....it's been awhile since i last played...GOW4...and not since the Game pass took in effect. Given the choice I'd pay $10 a month over $12 or so for a month for Elder Scrolls Online and Fallout 76 all for extra stash space....

....so on PC you don't need XBox Live Gold, just sign up for the Game Pass?....I renewed my Gold like 4-5 months ago just to keep my name and all in case....
Old 05-28-21, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Your gamertag is yours, gold or not. Maybe i read a while ago that if you don't at least connect online with that gamertag for a long time, they might think it's defunct, but I was non-Gold or non-GP for a long time and didn't lose my tag. (I did pay to change it once a few years ago.) At one point that time period was five years.

There's a Game Pass for Console, Game Pass for PC, and GPUltimate which includes both of those, Gold, Cloud, and EAPlay.
I can't really comment on cross platform play, or GPPC online play, except to say that my son and I have played a few games online, Fortnight, the Golf one, maybe a couple more, and he was likely playing on his laptop. But we both have GPU. I don't use GP for PC because my PC is ancient and it would kill it. (I'm also old-school console gamer, so I never really played a lot of 'real time' games on PC other than Doom, Heretic, and the like.)

For some reason, when I request remote-installing a game via the Game Pass app on my phone, now it says 'We'll start the install on your console, but we won't be able to tell you when it's done'. And when I go turn on the console, it appears nothing has downloaded. Is there some setting I may have accidentally changed? It used to work.
Old 06-04-21, 06:09 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

Well, this is pretty handy!
https://gamepasscounter.com/

This is nice for determining what games are available based on where you intend to play (PC, Console, or Cloud).

Even shows the exact date for games that are flagged as Leaving Soon. I wish they were able to show dates for more, but I'm guessing that data isn't available until a game gets flagged.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dan:
Deftones (06-04-21), K&AJones (06-04-21)
Old 06-04-21, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dan
Well, this is pretty handy!
https://gamepasscounter.com/

This is nice for determining what games are available based on where you intend to play (PC, Console, or Cloud).

Even shows the exact date for games that are flagged as Leaving Soon. I wish they were able to show dates for more, but I'm guessing that data isn't available until a game gets flagged.

Thanks for the link...pretty impressive list if i must say....I know of three at work who are big Ps4 Players that last month all decided to look and get a Gaming PC simply because of the huge selection and players from Steam to Epic Stores but at least one also had XBox. I and others came from 360 over to PS4 but the shortage of PS5 and even XBox Steel Series has got a lot of us and others re-thinking the need and/or desire to get the New Gen Console....plus it's beeen mentioned a lot the shortages will continue rest of the year. yea,a Gaming PC at least entry level weill still cost you about the same for a PS5 on EBay but you have not just PC Games thru Steam and Epic but the MS Game pass at $10 a month with that list is not a bad deal....my PS4 is fine, for the time being...wish I can convince some to go PC Route while keeping PS4.....thanks for link...
Old 06-04-21, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

The ultimate gaming combo is a PC and PS5. You’ve got it all covered.
Old 06-04-21, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones
XBox Steel Series
What is the Steel Series?
Old 06-05-21, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by T-bone22
The ultimate gaming combo is a PC and PS5. You’ve got it all covered.

A friend at work has a PS4 and Gaming PC with a 42" TV/Monitor....our PC has the Intel I5, GTX 1060...those new RTX 30 series though are really pushing PC prices way up....I haven't seen any PC system with the RTX 30 series in them under $2100....finding them is like trying to find a PS5 and XBox Series X right now....
Old 06-12-21, 01:01 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Yep!
Old 06-14-21, 11:51 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Xbox has no games...

Old 06-22-21, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Microsoft has stared updating the game streaming to stream the Xbox Series X versions of games. Select titles have already been updated, with others presumably on the way:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/...e-is-now-live/
Today, Microsoft flipped the switch. More power is now live for a large number of titles on Xbox Game Streaming, now running on your Android app or web browser as if they had booted on a Series X console.

Depending on the game in question, the upgrade is apparent across the board. In particular, the Series X port of 2020's Yakuza: Like a Dragon now loads nearly instantly and includes menu toggles for either higher resolution or higher frame rates, just like its Series X sibling. Other games appear to need further optimizations to juggle the specific specs of these Series X server blades, particularly 2020's Ori and the Will of the Wisps, which has a bizarre 1 minute 44 second loading time before the game's main menu appears. Some Series X-compatible games don't currently notice the server upgrade, particularly the next-gen version of NBA 2K21, while Xbox console exclusives like Gears 5 aren't currently on the Xbox Game Streaming interface.
Old 06-23-21, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Can you do this on xbox ones web browser? Seems inevitable the streaming will come to older consoles
Old 06-26-21, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,180 Likes on 4,208 Posts

Wow, Dungeons and Dragons Dark Alliance, which was supposed to be a high profile Day 1 Game Pass game, is getting savaged by the critics with a Metacritic score of 59 and a scathing IGN 4.0 review
Old 06-28-21, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Xbox Game Streaming exits beta, now works on all iOS devices and web browsers Safari, Edge, and Chrome
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/...-web-browsers/
Old 06-28-21, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Wow, Dungeons and Dragons Dark Alliance, which was supposed to be a high profile Day 1 Game Pass game, is getting savaged by the critics with a Metacritic score of 59 and a scathing IGN 4.0 review
So I tried this, briefly. As much as I loved the old BGA and DA2 games, I'm OK with a third person behind-the-shoulders thing.
I only made it past the first fighting tutorial, so perhaps that's not enough.
No huge fails, but these things stuck out to me:
- I'm pretty sure the voice of the salesdwarf is Jason Mantzoukas - and while I like him in a lot of things, being able to so easily recognize his voice definitely breaks immersion.
- Text size - I'm playing on a 65" inch TV and I had trouble reading the text. Admittedly, my eyes aren't great, but still.
- Most importantly - the fact that you MUST use both sticks to move and turn just didn't seem fluid. I'm trying to think of how it's done in something like Borderlands or other behind-the-shoulders, and I can't verbalize it now, but while trying to move my character around, it really stood out to me how awkward it felt.
- Less importantly - I'm not huge into the Icewind Dale mythology and Salvatore stories. I have (and really like) a couple of the D&D Adventure Board Games that feature CattiBrie and D'rizz'tt D, so I have some familiarity, but I'm not going to fight through cumbersome gameplay for the sake of an IP I'm not invested in. (Contrariwise, if the gameplay was fluid and fun, I'm fine with an IP I'm not real familiar with.)

And, this is me - usually I pick a mage or a ranged character. This time, for something different, I chose Drizzt. My lesser experience with the melee character may also be affecting my thoughts. Although when he fired a ranged attack it was SO SLOW so if the ranged character was like that too, that would drive me crazy.

Anyway, based on my limited play, I don't know if I'd rate it a 41, but the fact that I am entirely ambivalent about giving it another shot kinda says it all.
Old 06-28-21, 04:24 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

was it?
Is there really anyone clamoring for D&D console games? I genuinely don't know...
The following users liked this post:
Deftones (06-28-21)
Old 06-28-21, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
was it?
Is there really anyone clamoring for D&D console games? I genuinely don't know...
No.. it wasn't.
Old 06-28-21, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,180 Likes on 4,208 Posts

There were lots and lots of Tweets like this one :

That seems pretty high-profile to me.
Old 06-28-21, 07:14 PM

There were no new vids of Halo: Infinite at E3 or something?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.