Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Xbox Game Pass/Game Pass Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-21, 05:52 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
Re: Xbox Game Pass/Game Pass Ultimate

102 GB!! Holy moley!! i'm definitely crashing into my house!! does the game tell you how to get to your location and stuff?
Old 07-28-21, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
102 GB!! Holy moley!! i'm definitely crashing into my house!! does the game tell you how to get to your location and stuff?
It's half that if you don't install the offline mode. You need great internet though. And you can't crash into your house. It's just a black screen.
Old 07-28-21, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

You can turn off crashing and instead of a black screen, you will just bounce off of your house.
Old 08-22-21, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts

Big article in The Ringer on new Game Pass game Twelve Minutes. They rarely do video game stories. This sounds interesting. I plan to check it out today.

‘Twelve Minutes’ Will Suck You Into Its Time Loop

Old 08-22-21, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 555 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Big article in The Ringer on new Game Pass game Twelve Minutes. They rarely do video game stories. This sounds interesting. I plan to check it out today.

I gave thoughts in the What are you playing thread.
Old 09-09-21, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

I dl'ed 12Min but haven't played it yet. It definitely looked intriguing.
Started CrisTales, which I had first heard of about a year ago in a PC Gamer preview. Sounded cool. And it is, to an extent. The time switching is interesting, both in combat and out. What annoyed me was the real-time nature of combat, where you have to hit a button to block or critical. The animation and art style is cute and unique, but also (at least for me) VERY hard to tell the proper time to hit. And even early on, I'm finding that timing will make or break your success. I put it aside.

My recent 'random try' game is Crown Trick.

It just came out. It definitely does not harness the full power of XSX, but it's got personality. It's sort of a cross between Hades, Slay the Spire, and Fatal Labyrinth, the old-ass Sega Genesis game. "Turn based roguelike" (Roguelikes are apparently Teh Hotness now). A run seems longer than Hades or STS, so we'll see what happens when I finish/lose one.
I like it so far, but it's definitely slower paced and more strategic than twitch. I actually prefer that, it's a nice change of pace, I have always liked turn based RPGs (although I do like Diablo-like games as well.)
Old 09-30-21, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Scarlet Nexus just got added.

The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (09-30-21)
Old 09-30-21, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts

In far less exciting news, here's October's Games with Gold.
At least the 360 games are good.

Old 09-30-21, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
Scarlet Nexus just got added.
Nice! Also Marvel’s Avengers games which I’ve been wanting to try
Adam Tyner (09-30-21)
Old 09-30-21, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

In far less exciting news, here's October's Games with Gold.
At least the 360 games are good.
I only played the Steam version, but I thought Aaero was an enjoyable EDM rhythm game.
Old 09-30-21, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by DVDChris
Nice! Also Marvel’s Avengers games which I’ve been wanting to try
it's absolutely crazy how good a value Gamepass has become.
With the Halo, Forza this year, and Starfield next year, you have to wonder when a price hike is coming?
Old 10-01-21, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ditto! Hopefully not for a long time...I hope MS is finding that balance between 'ongoing revenue stream' and 'enough money to buy publishers and release games.'
I'm actually good till mid 2023 and i've got another half-dozen subscription codes banked up.
I've been tempted to buy Avengers so I definitely downloaded that one. Downloaded like six GP games yesterday.
mhg83 (10-01-21)
Old 10-04-21, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

I know I’m late to the party on this one, but I played it for a bit last night and it was the most disappointed I’ve been in a game in a while. I’m kind of shocked someone was willing to pay for big name voice talent for such a lousy game.

If you’re going to do a point and click adventure in 2021, it really feels like you either need to force enough linearity for the story and dialog to make sense or you have to add a lot more flexibility than this one has. It sits in a lousy middle ground where you end up with dialog options, actions and reactions that are repetitive and frequently seem stupid within the moment’s context. It was fairly buggy too, with the three characters frequently walking through each other and a couple instances of one of them passing through a door.

Also, I broke the plant in the bedroom on one loop and it stayed permanently broken on the resets, which I thought must mean something. I read a spoiler of the ending and it looks like the only thing the plant does is give you an achievement for watering it, so that was a crappy red herring, whether by design or just a bug.
Old 10-25-21, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Recent new GP game I've been playing:
Into the Pit.
Another 'roguelike/roguelite'.
The coloring is weird and it's definitely throwback graphics.
It feels like a cross between Hades and Heretic.
I've only gotten to the first dungeon's boss once, and he killed me, so it might end up being just a liiiiittle more repetitive than I want. Or it might be one of those "i want to play something for twenty minutes" like Slay the Spire.
So far each Chamber takes 2, maybe 3 minutes on average; there are 4 per level, and I think you have to go through 3 levels to get to the first boss. So about half an hour, unless you die.
It does support Quick Resume.

GP memberships (37% growth) reportedly didn't quite meet MS targets of 48% growth.
I know they're really pushing the cloud gaming as a new feature, hoping to get more subs that way.
I have to believe the poor purchasing experience of many people when trying to buy an XSX, and to a lesser extent XSS, is having an impact on that (I know PS5 sales are dealing with the same issues of scalpers and chip shortages.)
Does the console come with a GP trial yet? That seems like a no-brainer to me, toss in a card for a month sub with the console to get people to try it out.
Old 12-06-21, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 12-06-21, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

Maybe you all can help me. It's been a couple months since I've been able to play. I have uninstalled, reinstalled. If I go to play a game it tells me I need to download something and takes me to the MS Store and the app says it's been downloaded already. I have uninstalled that and reinstalled and no cigar.
Old 12-07-21, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Maybe you all can help me. It's been a couple months since I've been able to play. I have uninstalled, reinstalled. If I go to play a game it tells me I need to download something and takes me to the MS Store and the app says it's been downloaded already. I have uninstalled that and reinstalled and no cigar.
Did you try Xbox support?
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Barring that, we're going to need more details, like the specific error messages you've received, the specific app name, etc.

Here's some suggestions, but half of them are suggesting contact support:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3e7aa4e?auth=1
Old 12-07-21, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The issue appears to be Gaming Services. If you view the comments on the app page, tons and tons of people are in my same shoes, so it seems it doesn't affect everybody but it affects a lot of people. Right now I can't even download Gaming Services, it just does a refreshing icon and doesn't let you click the button. In the past it has told me I have to install it and then take me to its store page where it says installed.
Old 12-08-21, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Just to be clear, this is for gaming on a PC, not on an Xbox, right?

Have you tried removing the app package?
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...63c1269?auth=1
  • Launch powershell as an administrator and enter “get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”
  • In the same powershell window, enter “start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN”
  • Install the app on that page, including accepting the UAC prompt when shown.
Old 12-08-21, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Just to be clear, this is for gaming on a PC, not on an Xbox, right?

Have you tried removing the app package?
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...63c1269?auth=1
Ran as administrator:

Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Try the new cross-platform PowerShell https://aka.ms/pscore6

PS C:\Windows\system32> get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
remove-AppxPackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor.
Deployment Remove operation with target volume C: on Package Microsoft.GamingServices_3.59.11001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
from: failed with error 0x80070002. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app
deployment issues.
At line:1 char:44
+ ... t-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: ( [Remove-AppxPackage], COMException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Comman
ds.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

PS C:\Windows\system32>

Yep, I have it for PC only as I don't own an XBOX.

This is what the storefront looks like for me. Sometimes it says Alredy have, says get and I get it and still directs me there saying already got, sometimes it's a refreshing icon that never ends, sometimes this. Look at all the negative reviews of people affected.

Old 12-08-21, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you are on PC, the app you use to install Game Pass games is the Xbox app not Gaming Services. I'm not sure what Gaming Services is, as it doesn't appear that I have it installed. Just type Xbox into the search bar on the taskbar and choose the Xbox app.
Old 12-08-21, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
If you are on PC, the app you use to install Game Pass games is the Xbox app not Gaming Services. I'm not sure what Gaming Services is, as it doesn't appear that I have it installed. Just type Xbox into the search bar on the taskbar and choose the Xbox app.
Once I install the game, trying to play it takes me to Gaming Services to "Update" it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the XBOX app, Gaming Services, and it still takes me to the store page for GS to update it. Sometimes it says Get so I get it then presseing play again takes me to Get but the store page says already installed, sometimes it has a refreshing icon that never ends, sometimes it has no button like in the picture. Read the reviews. A lot of XBOX PC Pass people are locked out of their subscription.
Old 12-08-21, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Strange. Try this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ans...code-0x80.html

Delete those two registry keys using regedit and then reboot.
Old 12-08-21, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

Stardew Valley is out now on Game Pass. I highly recommend it if you're never played it.

Old 12-08-21, 02:37 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

I absolutely love the music in Stardew Valley. I have the deluxe soundtrack on vinyl, and it's four records. Phenomenal stuff.
but I could not get into the game for the life of me
Maybe I'll give it another shot. Seems like a game better suited for PC or handheld like the Switch.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.