Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Division 2 (PS4, XB1, PC) 3/15/19

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-19, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 127 Posts
Re: The Division 2 (PS4, XB1, PC) 3/15/19

Originally Posted by Deftones
what level are you? I was having a bitch of a time from 7-9, but now I am at 10, I am doing way better solo.

I also feel like I am getting better at cover and moving than I was early in the game.
level 10, haven't played yet since ranking up so hopefully it gets better for me.
Old 03-19-19, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

We went with The Hive (my co-op pal has it) and I ended up with The Drone...Fixer. What a difference. The Drone's Fixer just stays on you until you target your ally which it stays up for a long time. We're Level 11 and did a Main Mission Level 10 and we hardly even used Health/Armor Packs and went down once...some Poison Gas got deployed and caught us off-guard. But with each of us having a sort of Med & Help Skill made going thru ten time better.

And FWIW...we hardly see any Blue items before Level 9...but we started to see more at Level 10 and even newer names for set pieces. Weapons though have almost been the same as we were getting at early levels. We're seeing mostly junk and nothing really a standout. I have grown fond of the Double Barrel Shotgun.....a quicker reload and at Level 10 has about 4.3K Damage. I have read getting anything with Skill Cool-down is almost a must...even a 10% one is huge
Old 03-19-19, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

I get it too. If you switch to a weapon quickly, you should be able to get out of the glitch.
Looks like they patched this out yesterday. Only got to play for 30 min but everything seemed to work as expected.
Old 03-19-19, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Just picked this up yesterday on PS4 and I'm ready to give it a go. If I don't already have you as a friend and you want to play, send me a friend request.
Old 03-19-19, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Just picked this up yesterday on PS4 and I'm ready to give it a go. If I don't already have you as a friend and you want to play, send me a friend request.

Liked to play with you but we're Level 11.5...and would do more harm than good. I know someone who got the game early and by Friday when the game released he was already Level 12-13. He wanted to play but ended up creating a separate character for us and one as his main. I asked him how the heck did you do it solo? He said about everything he did he called for backup and had no problem getting help...the control points, side missions settlement and main missions.

Also...joining a Clan will help. We're in a small one...just nine of us and they hit Level 4. Some friends are in another and that Clan has 50 Members and have hit Level 8. Everything you do...collect, kill, settlements, control points....all help the Clan to their challenges which in turn can grant you loads of XP. Also if you need help it's a great place to ask. There's four in ours at Level 30 already and they can help us and we can't do nothing for them. But you need to almost hit Level 10 and deal with "The Clan Lady" in the settlement which opens it up.

If you do get stuck...cannot find anyone...I assume on PS4....I can create another character and hop in and help some. I can ask my co-op friend if he wouldn't mind also. Good game and since we hit Level 10, it's opened up more with gear and skills.
Old 03-19-19, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I just played with my buddy. What a shitshow. He was only lvl 3 and I was 12. It scaled everything to 10-13. He was buffed, but he would still get killed frequently. There has to be a better middle ground there.
Old 03-20-19, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even as a lower level getting killed repeatedly, I'm having a lot more fun than the first game.
Old 03-20-19, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok guys, the secret to ending the frustration is to realize you just CAN'T play solo and go into matchmaking and just start the missions that way, I had an absolute blast and it was cool to see damn near all the skills used with all attributes. We were a party of 5 and just breezed through the mission (well, not breezed but it was a lot of fun). Didn't take long to start the mission after selecting matchmaking either.
Old 03-21-19, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rival11
Ok guys, the secret to ending the frustration is to realize you just CAN'T play solo and go into matchmaking and just start the missions that way, I had an absolute blast and it was cool to see damn near all the skills used with all attributes. We were a party of 5 and just breezed through the mission (well, not breezed but it was a lot of fun). Didn't take long to start the mission after selecting matchmaking either.
Yep...that is what one friend did when he got early access and two of us didn't. First couple of days in to it. I was like..."Darn...he's really good....leveling up that fast solo". So on Friday when we start he jumps in with a new character and we ask him....he said everything he did he just called for help and had no problem.

But..I will tell this what a friend had happen to her the other night with the so-called Call For Help Matchmaking.....
Normally she has two others that she plays with but they were off in another game. So she wanted to do a Main Mission, got to the point and "Called For Help"...waited awhile and no-one showed so she said screw it, went in and actually made it past the "First Two Checkpoints"...right before starting in the Third, two players joined who were together, same Level 24....she's a Level 25. The game bumped her to the starting point...didn't bring them in to where she was. She was furious as all what she did was wasted. But not only that she said the difficulty got much harder and spent more time reviving the other two than fighting. She said for some stupid reason, they hardly even used their skills and one kept telling the other to use it. She said after almost 45 minutes and not even finishing the second checkpoint, she quit out.

We told her unless she parks the game for awhile and we get up there...we're Level 15.5 now...we cannot help and felt bad for her. I had to wonder how does someone get to Level 24 and not hardly use the skills? With us two we're throwing out Chem Launcher and Turret as fast as we can.....and the Oxidizer on the Chem gun....works like a charm on any and all especially on a Boss. No matter what...someone in the group needs to have that equipped. And once again our Drones saved us. It's actually pretty cool looking at night when both of us have them out. Instead of Agents we sort of look like we're about to be beamed somewhere....
Old 03-22-19, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not aware of the issue you're talking about and that sounds messed up but just to be clear, I'm also NOT talking about using "call for help" I'm talking about highlighting over a mission on the map and selecting "Matchmaking" - I don't know if you can do this with side missions and other non-main story stuff.

The call for help thing is a gimmick in my opinion but it does come in handy at times as well (with stuff like control points where you can even call in the AI teams as well).
Old 04-05-19, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New update drops today..... https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/27/18...5-release-date

The Division's 2 Engame Content Arrives April 5....Tidal Basin and Tier 5

Video on the update, three new Gear Sets, Two New Exotics Weapons, showcasing of Tidal Basin layout, Operation dark hours, the first 8 Man Raid in Division's History and a quick shot of the Forth Specialization planned....

<iframe width="740" height="416" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Po9HMZUozoU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by K&AJones; 04-05-19 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-05-19, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk God

I hit lvl cap and just got to World Tier 1. I tried a mission w/ the Black Tusks. Holy shit that is hard when you are solo.
Old 04-05-19, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 667 Posts

Looks like they added an Easter Egg teasing the next AC game.

https://kotaku.com/odd-tease-in-the-...nex-1833838193
Old 04-05-19, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hit lvl cap and just got to World Tier 1. I tried a mission w/ the Black Tusks. Holy shit that is hard when you are solo.
It's not meant to do solo....Even two us at Tier 1 had a hard time. I had three tell us they made it where you almost need four people which we ended up calling in help....it was mainly good but did have a couple just drop out after dying the first time. We hit Tier 2 and a fried asked us to help her with a Tier 4 Control Point....that was insane. We played the entire Level 1 to 30 together and starting at Tier 1 has basically made it into a new game...and also having four players almost needed that actually has been pretty fun.
Old 04-05-19, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by K&AJones
It's not meant to do solo....Even two us at Tier 1 had a hard time. I had three tell us they made it where you almost need four people which we ended up calling in help....it was mainly good but did have a couple just drop out after dying the first time. We hit Tier 2 and a fried asked us to help her with a Tier 4 Control Point....that was insane. We played the entire Level 1 to 30 together and starting at Tier 1 has basically made it into a new game...and also having four players almost needed that actually has been pretty fun.
I completed the mission solo. I know it is not meant to be done solo, but I only have 1 friend playing this and he is way behind me. Figured I would give it a whirl solo and see how it goes. I have done about 90% of the game solo fwiw.
Old 04-05-19, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

This game tries to level up underleveled players/friends to get them to a comparable level, but I still think it fails in execution. Yes, your level adjusts to somewhere close to the level of the highest player but your armor does not compare and your weapons seemingly do very little damage. It makes it difficult to play with your friends unless you have been leveling with them all along. I don't like trying to call for help because people usually don't answer.
Old 04-05-19, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

I completed the mission solo. I know it is not meant to be done solo, but I only have 1 friend playing this and he is way behind me. Figured I would give it a whirl solo and see how it goes. I have done about 90% of the game solo fwiw.
Same here. I also just hit level cap and unlocked tier 1, and with the exception of a few missions on 'Hard' and some of the challenging bounties, I've done everything solo. With the turret and healing drone, it hasn't been too bad so far, but the new missions are tough, and the new BT enemies in the dark zone are just about unbeatable solo.
Old 04-09-19, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk God

<iframe width="372" height="209" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nEDKVNoE2ws" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Not division specific, but clearly they are poking fun of it.
Old 04-10-19, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hit Tier 5 the other night...Tidal Basin was really good and laid out. Now to tackle all the other stuff....my co-op pal needs to get up (at Tier 1 now) and have a friend who needs our help running the Tier 4 Hard stuff and Control Points.

Looks like the Daily and Weekly Projects are on hold for the time being.... https://www.gamesradar.com/division-2-projects-bug-disabled/ Division 2 Daily and Weekly Projects Disabled Due To Bugged Rewards
Old 04-10-19, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So is the overall verdict that this game isn't fun and/or maybe even too difficult to play alone? I haven't even opened my copy yet and have been too busy playing RDR2. I played the first game entirely solo, but it sounds like this one might have changed that which doesn't make it sound like much fun.
Old 04-10-19, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
So is the overall verdict that this game isn't fun and/or maybe even too difficult to play alone? I haven't even opened my copy yet and have been too busy playing RDR2. I played the first game entirely solo, but it sounds like this one might have changed that which doesn't make it sound like much fun.
I have done most of the game alone. It is great solo. Just make sure you have a mix of offensive and support skills. I use 2 offensive skills (turret and seeker mines).
Old 04-10-19, 11:12 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have about 180 hours into this. Easily one of the best games I have played in a long time. It is not without issues....but overall a great solo and coop game.

I guess my biggest problem is with how weak most of the skills are. Chem launcher is amazing for healing, and the fire turret is amazing if placed well, and makes even challenging missions doable...but many other skills are trash.

I also hate the enemy AI. The suicide....forget all....'I am going to flank you' programming is laughable, and one of the main reasons the fire turret is op. Place it down on your flank, and watch as every enemy in the game runs right into the fire because the programmers attempt to create difficulty by having everyone in the game try to flank you even if it means death. The ONLY thing that will keep an enemy from flanking you is if there is turret available...even if you just killed 5 guys in a row on that machine....they will jump on it.

But that aside I have had a blast. I just need 2 more missions on hard to get my platinum, and I still have many hours of game to play. You get a LOT of value out of this game...and after crappy cash grabs like Fallout and Anthem it is refreshing.
Old 07-10-19, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's worth mentioning that this is on sale for $20 at Gamestop this week (Amazon has price matched the PS4 version) and they are adding matchmaking for raids in a future patch.
Old 07-10-19, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We haven't played the game in almost two months, moving on to others since the RAID issues with PC vs Console, along with enemy AI, bugs, glitches and other stuff. The game is solid and fun but like others shine with 2 or more side-by-side. The next big update/DLC is around the corner hitting July 23rd.....
The Division 2 Dates Its First DLC Episode, Doesn't Go Down Well with Fans - Push Square

But like others has it's share of controversy as well....from the above article....

It brings with it Title Update 5, which includes new exotic weapons, flashlights, gear balancing, and even more crafting options and skill builds. As well as that, the controversially difficult raid, Operation Dark Hours, will receive a new, easier difficulty mode as part of the patch too - titled Discovery Difficulty. It's here where things get a little fishy, though. Year 1 Pass owners will receive all narrative content - two new main missions - a week early. Alongside that, two further classified assignments arrive completely exclusive to the optional add-on. Sounds fair enough, right? Remember that every piece of story content can be played by all players eventually.

The problem here is that all of these missions and content have been available on the PC's test server since the beginning of July for free. It has lead PS4 players to question the point of the Year 1 Pass they purchased when the game first launched.
Old 07-10-19, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Since they mentioned that add on content would be free this time instead of selling the season pass like they usually do, you would be a sucker for buying the Gold Edition. Unless you really don't want to wait for the small exclusive window to pass or you must have some of those cosmetics.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.