Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Division 2 (PS4, XB1, PC) 3/15/19

Old 03-02-19, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: The Division 2 (PS4, XB1, PC) 3/15/19

I passed on the Digital Gold Version...at $120.00...I just feel some of these Special Editions packages with season pass and some extra stuff is starting to get out of hand and a bit ridiculous $$$$ wise. About four of us got The Division 2 but all got the standard. I'll play the Open Beta this weekend but not nearly as much as I did the first time....I do want another shot at the End Game, see the new mission and see what the Chem Gun does and also see if they did anything with using the Drone which was off trying to target an area. Other than that...looking forward to this.
Old 03-05-19, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

New Launch Trailer...and this one is pretty good....

Old 03-06-19, 07:16 AM

I can't wait... any pc version users on here?
Old 03-06-19, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I know I'm going to cave and buy this damn game. I don't need it and The Division 1 didn't rock my world like Wildlands did... but I can't ever seem to refuse a Tom Clancy game.
Old 03-06-19, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
I know I'm going to cave and buy this damn game. I don't need it and The Division 1 didn't rock my world like Wildlands did... but I can't ever seem to refuse a Tom Clancy game.

I loved GR: Wildlands.....it's huge, the way the map was divided up, able to fly and drive about anything including Dirt Bikes...which at night was a blast. Able to be stealth or guns blazing....just a solid game all around. But D2 will be good with the setting in Washington D.C which Ubisoft just nailed down...they really went all out on this. There's a few things in GR: Wildlands I miss...mainly not prone and crouching, not so much stealth anywhere, no driving anything and the controls on the drone in D2 such compared to GR: Wildlands. But yea...I'm in ....
Old 03-08-19, 01:22 AM

Played the open beta, got to say, it seems like they have fixed or at least tried to fix a lot of issues from The Division. Pretty excited but will likely wait till a bit after release before buying, definitely on the wish list tho
Old 03-08-19, 01:22 PM

Lets get a clan going... =)
Old 03-08-19, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by csant View Post
Lets get a clan going... =)

Heck...why not and hopefully enough wanting in.......I have three friends getting the game but they're not on DVD Talk....they could be I guess. We have the "Destiny Daggers" which is cool...but before that...we had the DVD Talkers halo Group...now that was something. But I'm for it...wonder if there's a minimum to have one?

Update on First Day Update....for those who bought the physical disc....you're in for a very, very big surprise....

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/..._90gb_download

Physical Copies of The Division 2 Will Require a Gigantic 90GB Download
Old 03-09-19, 11:27 AM

I will look into how to create a clan.
Old 03-11-19, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My XB1 copy from Target shipped today, looking forward to starting this weekend!
Old 03-11-19, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does anyone know if this game will be manageable for single player? The first one definitely wasn't. I plan on playing with a group of friends but I would like to hop on by myself from time to time and still be able to have some fun.
Old 03-11-19, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Rival11 View Post
Does anyone know if this game will be manageable for single player? The first one definitely wasn't. I plan on playing with a group of friends but I would like to hop on by myself from time to time and still be able to have some fun.
I didn't do really much of the DZ stuff in the 1st one, but I didn't have much of a problem playing the story stuff solo (mostly). I had a buddy who would occasionally hop on and we'd crush stuff, but I'd say I did about 90% of it solo.
Old 03-11-19, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought most of it was next to impossible and I'm pretty good at these games. It's not a deal-breaker by any means - It would just be nice if it was a bit more accessible for single player.
Old 03-11-19, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I played the entire first game solo without any issues.
Old 03-11-19, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
I played the entire first game solo without any issues.
Same here. It's fine solo.
Old 03-11-19, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Try solo and if you do run into trouble......call for help..."Agent in need of assistance"...I heard that call a lot during the demo/beta. And with The flare Gun now...well you can always call for the NPC Help and frankly they seem to be doing fairly good.

Old 03-12-19, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just pre-ordered... I knew I wouldn't be able to resist. The commercials and game-play just looked way too good. I feel like I have to get thru New Dawn before I fire this up though.
Old 03-12-19, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll have to check the official forums and see what some who got in 3 Days Early Access are saying. I did see on one site some PS4 players are seeing some bad frame drops but only in certain areas...like in a wide open space. But they said, backing out of the game and re-loading back in fixed it. But yea...sort of excited to finally go beyond the Level 8 and explore a bit more.....have one friend who I think is actually counting the hours down.
Old 03-12-19, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Try solo and if you do run into trouble......call for help..."Agent in need of assistance"...I heard that call a lot during the demo/beta. And with The flare Gun now...well you can always call for the NPC Help and frankly they seem to be doing fairly good.
Oh, that sounds really cool actually, thanks.
Old 03-12-19, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lopper View Post
Same here. It's fine solo.
Just out of curiosity, how did you level up to proceed? There is no way you just ran through the game without leveling up first right? I'm asking because I didn't want to put the time in on the first one and just wanted to keep proceeding with the story.
Old 03-12-19, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just out of curiosity, how did you level up to proceed? There is no way you just ran through the game without leveling up first right? I'm asking because I didn't want to put the time in on the first one and just wanted to keep proceeding with the story.
It's been a long time, but I seem to remember having the option at mission select to go in solo or to group up with randoms, and the difficulty would scale depending on your choice. So I just leveled following story missions.
Old 03-13-19, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I tried to find a clear explanation on this and how it works.....

But say two are playing and lets say Level 10 and Level 11. And a friend sees us on and wants to join with their "Level 17" character. How does the enemy scale to the lower level players and the higher level? Are they independent....different enemy strength and health to each player's Level? Or they pooled together as an average?....Like all will be Level 14; above a little to the Level 10 and 11 and a little below the Level 17 player.

Reason why I'm asking...I was sort of shocked to see just how many on my friends list got the Ultimate or Gold and were already playing yesterday...including a few who said they were getting the Standard Edition. One was already Level 9 and I'm sure by Friday when two of us are just starting out, most will be Level 15 and above. And I have a feeling when we start, they'll want to jump in and play.

So ....A...I don't want someone way up and come in just clearing the area while the two us just watch....
..and B...we don't want to be in a situation where we're way over our heads with too high of level enemies kicking our butts either...
Old 03-13-19, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

But say two are playing and lets say Level 10 and Level 11. And a friend sees us on and wants to join with their "Level 17" character. How does the enemy scale to the lower level players and the higher level? Are they independent....different enemy strength and health to each player's Level? Or they pooled together as an average?....Like all will be Level 14; above a little to the Level 10 and 11 and a little below the Level 17 player.

Reason why I'm asking...I was sort of shocked to see just how many on my friends list got the Ultimate or Gold and were already playing yesterday...including a few who said they were getting the Standard Edition. One was already Level 9 and I'm sure by Friday when two of us are just starting out, most will be Level 15 and above. And I have a feeling when we start, they'll want to jump in and play.

So ....A...I don't want someone way up and come in just clearing the area while the two us just watch....
..and B...we don't want to be in a situation where we're way over our heads with too high of level enemies kicking our butts either...
I know for a fact in the first game the AI always went to the higher ranks - I was always a lower rank than everyone else because I didn't play that much in the beginning and I always remembered just sitting back in another room while they cleared it out.
Old 03-13-19, 11:44 AM

Iím pretty sure it works as everyone gets leveled up stats to highest player (you, friends, NPCs). You get loot to your level and your friends get loot on theirs👍
Old 03-14-19, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm sure I might have asked before....but when does one get the Digital Code from Amazon?......I don't think I've got it and went back to the day I got the game and got the Private Beta Code almost right away and other day got my Bonus Code for some gear...but I looked and did not see where Amazon sent me the actual game code.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.