Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

RAGE 2: Xbox One / PS4 / PC

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-19, 08:51 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts
Re: RAGE 2: Xbox One / PS4 / PC

Ah, ok. Think I got it. So now, these extras I got with Deluxe Edition, I have to find and unlock before I get? Why wouldn’t I auto get it if I paid the extra?
Old 05-30-19, 06:48 PM

Hey Adam...any tips on getting past The Squelch bandit den if you remember? Lots of bandits, lots of dogs, a wolf, I think, and these 2 tough shielded bitches it sounds like. I tried to find videos, but only where chests and ark are. It’s level 5, whatever that means

I can get close, defib with all 4 sometimes, but been getting at least 3 shocks since your tip. Kill the 2 bitches, most of the enemies, but crap out on health and have to do all over. Ive tried going at it at different points of camp, some different strategies, different guns (only den thus far where I depleted all ammo in couple guns), etc...

Also, in one video I saw the blue health feltrite when kill bandit automatically attract to player. Is that an upgrade or perk or something I can gain? I tried to see other videos but everyone just runs over them to acquire...

Last edited by OldBoy; 05-30-19 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-30-19, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Also, in one video I saw the blue health feltrite when kill bandit automatically attract to player. Is that an upgrade or perk or something I can gain?
Yes. There are two levels of it as well. I believe it's under the upgrade tree for Kvasir's projects.

Hey Adam...any tips on getting past The Squelch bandit den if you remember? Lots of bandits, lots of dogs, a wolf, I think, and these 2 tough shielded bitches it sounds like.
I did that later on, so I was pretty decked out. Slam to clear out bunched up groups of enemies. Shatter and Slam for the shielded guys. Vortex to prevent enemies I couldn't quite get to yet from attacking me. Vortex also makes the huge shielded guys more vulnerable. I can't remember if I favored the Assault Rifle or Charged Pulse Cannon there, but I'd use one of those while I waited for my abilities to cooldown. I'm pretty sure I got it on my first try.

Don't forget that you can craft health infusions (which can have their own perks, like fast recharging and some kind of quasi-invulnerability when you first use it), or you could use Overdrive and avoid enemies (giving your health a chance to fully recharge), so you don't have to rely on the Defib except as a last resort.

What augmentations have you been getting from the Cyber Doc at Wellspring? I prioritized damage upgrades, but maybe you should do health, if you haven't been doing that already.

Last edited by Adam Tyner; 05-30-19 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-30-19, 09:24 PM

Everything you’ve said, I literally have none of it. All I did was get to Marshal in Gun Barrell. Basically 100 health, some health regen, rifle, pistol and shot gun. Some abilities but haven’t even been to Wellspring. Just get caught up in everything else around and not story missions. And my Overcharge take years to replenish. I guess that’s my problem?
Old 05-30-19, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

First priority should be completing all the arks. Afterwards, or somewhere along that journey, complete the first story mission for each of the three Project Dagger partners. (Just to open up their Project upgrade trees.) If you do any camps/outposts along the way, try to completely finish them. You’ll want that feltrite.

As awful as the menus are, explore them thoroughly. Don’t hoard stuff for the upgrade trees. Always keep upgrading, and always have a plan for what you want to upgrade next.

From there, I set about clearing out the map, region by region. I referenced maps online to show me any locations I hadn’t already found. Once I’d done everything I could, I finished the four remaining story missions.

By the end, you’ll be so absurdly overpowered that basically everything is a cakewalk (on normal difficulty, anyway).

Last edited by Adam Tyner; 05-31-19 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-31-19, 09:31 PM

Thanks Adam. Yeah I died so many times at that camp. I just couldn’t crack it. Probably need more stuff and do story missions, but I have been using all my feltrite, weapon core mods, nano boosters, money to upgrade. Really having a blast and gives me that can’t wait to play feeling I’ve had with games I’ve loved. And more ark locations on map must open up with more story missions, huh? Bc I’ve done a few when saw on map but haven’t seen any more...
Old 05-31-19, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

I don’t think any of the arks are gated by the campaign, but I can’t swear to that. They don’t all show up on the map by default, though.
Old 05-31-19, 10:18 PM

Then how find? I saw a few in beginning marked on map...
Old 05-31-19, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Old 06-01-19, 01:00 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Finished this up and got my platinum.

So much of this game is blast...and while I actually love open world games and even some of the "repetitive" stuff that is in all of them (like clearing a base)..I have to agree with Jim Sterling when he says this would have been a better game as a more traditional linear shooter experience. That being said if you take the open world out of this game you only have about a 5 hour game...

Upgrades, combat, and movement are top notch.

Graphics, map design and story are garbage...(I did love the smooth frame rate)

Overall a very high 7 out of 10 for me...
Old 06-01-19, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
thanks Adam.
Old 06-01-19, 11:20 PM

I’ll tell ya, I went back to beginning seeing something online and got BFG. Sure came in handy against these sword wielding metal guys. But damn if that ammo doesn’t go quick. 4 or 5 good blows and that’s it and can’t pick up in world, I’ll have to find the place to buy ammo for it, which I’m sure costs a fortune...
Old 06-02-19, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Yup. You can’t find BFG ammo in the wild. Every shot is $1,000, and it’s sold exclusively at Boom! in Wellspring.
Old 06-04-19, 06:50 PM

this game is really nothing from any review i've read. there is a lot to do and it provides variety. i'm just having a blast leveling abilities and getting good stuff and killing getting easier and easier, but still providing a challenge. yeah, i don't know what the story is really about, but just about everything i could want in a FPS> really is fun. and unlocking he Icarus vehicle, flying and stuff makes it so easy to traverse the world. i did get a going out of world or something error and died, which i thought odd considering open world, but still. this is nothing like the reviews and it a total, mindless blast. tough, but fair...
Old 06-08-19, 06:52 PM

man, everything clicking now. powering up, good defib after death, all of it. i go into these Bandit or Mutie dens and really just kick ass. not intimidated any longer. such a fun experience thus far and much more to go i think...
Old 06-09-19, 10:03 PM

I think it’s a damn shame this seemed to bomb and hardly anyone playing it? What were sales #’s? What site you get them? Anyway, a shame we probably won’t get another. The satisfaction of clearing out mutie or bandit dens, especially mutie when they just keep coming out of the walls and floors till you shoot all the pods, and then searching for the stuff. I love searching for stuff in games, that’s why it takes me years to finish. I just like to search if that’s what’s called for. And every place has the arc cores, data cards and storage containers to find, sometimes frustratingly so. I’ll be honest in needing some help via YouTube to find a crate or two. But, overall just a lot of mindless fun.
Old 06-09-19, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IzEFv4CyXQA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 06-10-19, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

More than any other review/impression, I think Yahtzze actually explains pretty well what's good and not at all good about this game...

Old 06-12-19, 06:40 PM

Some of these Authority Sentries are kicking my ass and frustratingly soon. They are ranked 10 and I’m there as well, but no matter how many health infusions I craft and hide behind the only tree in this area that can sustain blasts, but with the foliage locking on to its target has been the most difficult for this one. I could skip it, I don’t even know what they for and really only get 1 storage container, but I want to do it all and on way to some other place on map.
Old 06-14-19, 07:33 PM

Adam...what’s the point of life glands, mutant spores and other things that doc can use to augment you? It keeps saying it. When I go to him he sells me a couple health upgrade and bullet upgrade, but I don’t even know how to use. No mention of life glands or neuronic interfaces though.

And do I really have to do races and mutant bashes to get to that guy and get his data that Loosum was talking bout? Is that all story stuff? No getting around? That’s why I stopped R1, bc of driving missions you had to do.
Old 06-14-19, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

I didn’t do any races beyond the single required one. I’d kill mutants I stumbled upon in the wild, but I didn’t seek them out. You’ll fight plenty throughout the campaign.

The upgrades boost your max health, damage inflicted, and overdrive capacity. There’s nothing you have to do once you get an upgrade — the values automatically increase.
Old 06-14-19, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
I didn’t do any races beyond the single required one. I’d kill mutants I stumbled upon in the wild, but I didn’t seek them out. You’ll fight plenty throughout the campaign.

The upgrades boost your max health, damage inflicted, and overdrive capacity. There’s nothing you have to do once you get an upgrade — the values automatically increase.
There’s an early story mission that starts with talking to Loosum in Wellspring. In order to meet this guy in the club to retrieve vital data on this gizmo she gives you or whatever you have to build cred in the racing arena by winning several races and killing mutants in mutant tv bash or whatever...
Old 06-14-19, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

you have to build cred in the racing arena by winning several races and killing mutants in mutant tv bash or whatever...
You only have to win one race.
Old 06-14-19, 10:36 PM

ah. even that might be a task for me. thanks...
Old 06-14-19, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

I didn’t get it on my first try (my third, I think?), but it’s not too bad. The race is relatively short, so it’s not too much of a headache to repeat.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.