Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Nintendo Switch: Building a New Generation of Hardware from Scratch

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-19, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts
Re: Nintendo Switch: Building a New Generation of Hardware from Scratch

This is not Nintendo Switch specific, but MicroSDXC cards are on sale on Amazon right now. The 512 is 79.99, which is the lowest I can remember seeing (though of course as tech advances it'll go lower).
Old 08-29-19, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
This is not Nintendo Switch specific, but MicroSDXC cards are on sale on Amazon right now. The 512 is 79.99, which is the lowest I can remember seeing (though of course as tech advances it'll go lower).
Not sure if these are such a hot deal. I picked up a 400 GB SanDisk Ultra for $44 a few weeks ago.
Old 09-04-19, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Terry Brogard from Fatal Fury is the fourth DLC fighter for Smash Ultimate. Also, Nintendo will continue to develop more DLC characters for Smash after the fifth is released.

Old 09-04-19, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

A decent selection of SNES games available starting tomorrow for Nintendo Online.
Old 09-05-19, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

You can get an immediate 3 free months of NOL with an Amazon/Twitch Prime membership.

Old 09-05-19, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Overwatch is coming to the Switch next month
Old 09-05-19, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I’ve been looking for the Super Nintendo games but nothing so far. Wonder when they’re set to drop.
Old 09-05-19, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I’ve been looking for the Super Nintendo games but nothing so far. Wonder when they’re set to drop.
I read elsewhere that they're going live at midnight UTC so it'll be 4pm PDT or 7pm EDT. Which makes sense since the dates for Europe / Japan were announced as the 6th and North America as the 5th.
Old 09-05-19, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Old 09-05-19, 05:44 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts

Umm, hmm... Are they trying to do something like the Wii Fit stuff?
Old 09-06-19, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,204 Likes on 4,231 Posts

Can I just say how disappointing that Fighter Pack 4 for Smash Ultimate was? Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury? A character who has already been in King of Fighters?

I know they already have our money and are probably waiting for the extra DLC to include something interesting, but really that one was a dud. How cool would it have been to put Lara Croft or Ezio Auditore in Smash? Those sort of iconic multiplatform, multi-game characters who have never been in a fighting game before could be really interesting. A standard fighting character just isn't.
Old 09-06-19, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Not that I care because I will never understand why people like the game so much, but I think they should add Lightning as one of the characters in Smash. She seems like a perfect fit to me, though that may be an unpopular opinion because I know most people hate FF XIII (I don’t).
Old 09-06-19, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Can I just say how disappointing that Fighter Pack 4 for Smash Ultimate was? Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury? A character who has already been in King of Fighters?

I know they already have our money and are probably waiting for the extra DLC to include something interesting, but really that one was a dud. How cool would it have been to put Lara Croft or Ezio Auditore in Smash? Those sort of iconic multiplatform, multi-game characters who have never been in a fighting game before could be really interesting. A standard fighting character just isn't.
Definitely disagree, I'm stoked for having Terry in this. But I'm a big SNK fan all around.
Old 09-08-19, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 961 Likes on 668 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker

I agree. I have no idea who the first two are and barely know who this guy is so for me that just leaves Banjo Kazooie as a fun addition. They need more well known fighters for their DLC. Especially since it's PAID DLC.
Old 09-08-19, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 961 Likes on 668 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
I love you Nintendo but WTF is this?! It's a terrible teaser. Why would you tease another tough to swallow concept but just show how ridiculous you look doing it and not show the fun stuff that's happening on screen. Imagine if they teased the Wii by just showing people swinging the controllers around without showing the games on screen? I know this is just a teaser to a teaser but it's a weird marketing move.
Old 09-09-19, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did anyone else pre-order the Lite through Amazon? My order still says "Not Yet Shipped; Notify when available" Rather than having the date of the 20th, like Link's Adventure. Didn't concern me before but now we're approaching launch date.
Old 09-10-19, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by steebo777
Definitely disagree, I'm stoked for having Terry in this. But I'm a big SNK fan all around.
I think it’s cool getting an SNK character too actually. Maybe a bit unexpected, but I like SNK and a character like Terry obviously fits into a fighting game. I get it that people want more mainstream characters though. I thought I read somewhere that the creators of Cuphead were talking about wanting to get him into Smash.
Old 09-10-19, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm actually a little surprised we haven't gotten Jibanyan or someone from Yokai Watch yet. They're third party, published by Nintendo, are basically console exclusive to Nintendo and even though they're not as popular as they once were they are still pretty big in Japan.
Old 09-12-19, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by tanman
I love you Nintendo but WTF is this?! It's a terrible teaser. Why would you tease another tough to swallow concept but just show how ridiculous you look doing it and not show the fun stuff that's happening on screen. Imagine if they teased the Wii by just showing people swinging the controllers around without showing the games on screen? I know this is just a teaser to a teaser but it's a weird marketing move.
This is genuinely terrifying. Not the game itself, but the hosts:

Old 09-12-19, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Might be a silly question but does the Nintendo Switch determine what gets saved on the Console's Memory versus SD Cards?

Are Digital Games stored on the Console's Memory and Game Saves on SD Cards? Vice Versa?
Old 09-12-19, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Might be a silly question but does the Nintendo Switch determine what gets saved on the Console's Memory versus SD Cards?

Are Digital Games stored on the Console's Memory and Game Saves on SD Cards? Vice Versa?
All saves are saved to the internal memory. You cannot move them to a memory card, which is why there is a save transfer process.

Games can be loaded on either internal memory (which makes sense because you don't have to have a memory card) or the memory card. You choose where new games go. However, I don't think it's possible to move games from one place to another. So if you run out of internal memory and don't have enough for saves, you have to delete a digital game and redownload it on a memory card.
Old 09-15-19, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
All saves are saved to the internal memory. You cannot move them to a memory card, which is why there is a save transfer process.

Games can be loaded on either internal memory (which makes sense because you don't have to have a memory card) or the memory card. You choose where new games go. However, I don't think it's possible to move games from one place to another. So if you run out of internal memory and don't have enough for saves, you have to delete a digital game and redownload it on a memory card.
Thank you for the info!
Old 09-17-19, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,239 Posts

The SNES Switch controllers are up for sale now: https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/special-offers/

Old 09-17-19, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

Man, I really hope that third party travel dock ends up doing what they claim without bricking. The more I see of it, the more convenient it looks.

And the SNES Switch Controllers are already sold out
Old 09-17-19, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wanna know if it will somehow allow the Lite to work on TV. My guess is no but a guy can dream.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.