Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Titanfall 2 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-18, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Re: Titanfall 2 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

Funny. I just bought this on newegg ($6.99 physical copy).
I'm looking forward to it.
Old 03-23-18, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts

MP seems to be picking up again on the PS4 nightly.
Old 05-25-18, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I grabbed the Ultimate Edition out of the PS Store last big sale at $6.00 even though I already went thru the campaign finishing it. But I traded my copy in right before they came out with the new Horde Mode. I sort of brushed that off and never paid much attention to it until I saw the sale and said, "why not give it a go and see" after reading some reviews.

...glad I did because that was sooooo much fun last night. I thought there was just two maps but there are several. You basically have to level up to open up more on both Pilot & Titan. It's not in depth upgrades you see in most games with specific armor & weapon parts but the general ones that you got playing the game in story mode & MP.

…..I just played the Easy Mode and at Wave 3 it got intense….there's 5 waves with each getting more and stronger Titans of all kinds not to mention Drones and Ground Troops. Most the maps are about the right size; not too big or small for you to get around by grapple or Titan. And they look really good with the various designs. I probably spent equal time in Pilot & Titan Mode. It's actually a bit more fun running & grappling as Pilot weaving thru buildings taking a Run & Gun approach against the other Titans while dealing with the ground troops. I had no problem finding matches with various other level players

….it's really a shame the game alone didn't get the due it should've got. As I recall it was somewhat bad timing on the release. But bravo to Respawn for putting this in and seems like the game on that part still has life. "Horde Mode' has been a forgotten mode for many of the newer games out there. It was my favorite with the Gears of War series and at least Titanfall 2 has kept it alive in fine fashion.

Last edited by K&AJones; 05-25-18 at 06:33 AM.
Old 05-25-18, 10:04 PM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Was going to pick up the Battlefield 1 Premium Pass for $12.49 but saw the Battlefield Revolution / Titanfall 2 Ultimate edition bundled for $19.99 in this weekend's PSN salr. For an extra $7.50 I think I can give this one a shot. Going the two-pack route, instead!
Old 05-26-18, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was my favorite semi-blind purchase since Enslaved. Picked it up for 7$ a looong time ago and finally got around to playing/finishing it recently.

Controlled awesome, playing as the mech was badass, and the time travel level was soooooo well done. Really hoping for a sequel of some sort.
Old 09-20-23, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fans have been asking and screaming about a Titanfall 3 for a long time and last few years it's been all quite on basically anything Titanfall period....Until Now....

.....last few days there's been activity just out-of-the-blue that no-one saw coming and now everyone is asking, wondering if better plans are in store....

First a few days ago a Patch for Server Issues appeared out of no-where that perked interest of why and whats going on....
Titanfall 2 players think Respawn has finally fixed its years-old server issues
"What the actual…?"

Titanfall 2 players think Respawn has finally fixed its years-old server issues | Eurogamer.net

...and then other day another posting that grabbed everyone's attention...some mysterious new game mode....
Titanfall 2 Has A New Game Mode Titled “???,” And Fans Are Wondering What Respawn Is Up To
Titanfall 2 Has A New Game Mode Titled "???," And Fans Are Wondering What Respawn Is Up To - PlayStation Universe (psu.com)

In the meantime theories and speculation on what the new patch and announced Game Mode means or could mean....
Why Titanfall 2 Is Back in the News, and Why Fans Think Respawn Is Plotting Something
Mech ado about nothing?
....... Why Titanfall 2 Is Back in the News, and Why Fans Think Respawn Is Plotting Something (ign.com)
Old 09-20-23, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I would love a TF sequel. This one is a no-brainer to me. There are so many IPs that deserve another go and this one is obvious.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rob V:
candyrocket786 (09-20-23), K&AJones (09-20-23)
Old 09-20-23, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts

Maybe the Northstar client finally gave them a reason to get off their ass.
Old 03-26-24, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

I just made an impulse purchase $2.99 on Steam for the deluxe. They say the main single player campaign is six hours, I have no interest in multiplayer although I'll try it out. And they say it's one of the best single-player campaigns people have played of a mainly pvp game.

Last edited by GatorDeb; 03-26-24 at 06:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (03-28-24)
Old 03-27-24, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Yes, was a good campaign!
Old 03-28-24, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
I just made an impulse purchase $2.99 on Steam for the deluxe. They say the main single player campaign is six hours, I have no interest in multiplayer although I'll try it out. And they say it's one of the best single-player campaigns people have played of a mainly pvp game.
I really enjoyed it and was a real surprise. The dual combat system and movement...ability to fight both in Mech and out....was really good. As to the MP aspect, I didn't dabble in the PvP but the PVE frontier defense Mode was a blast to play. Not sure how it is now years later but when you had a full team of four, yep, hard to beat ...... and still have the game....

Old 03-28-24, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

OMG I played one MP game and I am in LOVE with it. Don't have time now to start another story campaign but I can pop in for a 15 minute MP session at any time. I killed 5 minions and even bombed some titans and drove mine. Now I want Hellriders and every other MP game out there

Last edited by GatorDeb; 03-28-24 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-28-24, 09:29 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts

UE edition is $2.99 with PS Plus.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (03-29-24)