Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-15, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Don't get me wrong, I've always liked the game and I still do. I don't think I've ever posted anything bad about Destiny on this forum. It's just that my gaming schedule doesn't usuallly coincide with the majority of the daggers, so I mostly play solo or with randoms. Playing solo when you already have all the weapons and gear just feels like a poor use of time. I'll definitely be back when the new content comes out.
Old 03-08-15, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 19K
Don't get me wrong, I've always liked the game and I still do. I don't think I've ever posted anything bad about Destiny on this forum. It's just that my gaming schedule doesn't usuallly coincide with the majority of the daggers, so I mostly play solo or with randoms. Playing solo when you already have all the weapons and gear just feels like a poor use of time. I'll definitely be back when the new content comes out.
Absolute same. This group is a great bunch of players and it's genuinely fun playing with everyone even if it's patrol missions. But the 2+ daily hours I was putting into Destiny in the fall was not sustainable long-term.

And my bedtimes are generally earlier than most here so by 9pm Eastern or so I am checking out.
Old 03-08-15, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well considering meat was the first I completed taking down Crota with on hard and chiwotweiler was one of the first I used to regularly run daily activities with ... the Daggers welcome you back anytime

totally understand, the daily grind without new incentives can be unsustainable
Old 03-09-15, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

So the Daggers have mostly taken the weekend off.

I've done a bit of work, not that I have much to do. I had my bounties filled with completed ones in hopes of getting a Black Hammer, 4th Horseman or Gjallarhorn this week, but was denied. Instead, I bought a Vanquisher VIII from New Monarchy (the only older style high impact, lower ROF auto you can buy right now), and used those bounties to instantly max it out.

Then I used the Vanquisher in the Crucible. It's a beast. I got my 2nd MIDA Multi-Tool as a reward. Now, out of all the exotic weapons, there's only one I wouldn't have without Xur: Patience & Time. I have been rewarded every other exotic at least once (other than the Horseman obviously).

So now I have to get my bounties ready for next week...

EDIT: With the time change over the weekend, the reset time has also changed. The daily/weekly reset time is now 2AM Pacific/5AM Eastern. These are the original reset times, as we have now gone through the time change twice since the game was released.

Last edited by TheKing; 03-09-15 at 03:04 AM.
Old 03-09-15, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, kinda took the weekend off. So I know as a group we did the end parts of Crota hard mode but is anyone interested in running Hard mode Crota up through the bridges? I just need some more shards to get some armor leveled up. I also think i have one more character that I never ran through for hard mode.
Old 03-09-15, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing
So the Daggers have mostly taken the weekend off.
I have a feeling this will be the norm going forward
I was on in the daytime knocking out some bounties

I'll still do weekly NF/weeklies/raids

wonder if there is any interest in having a night to do PvP as a clan

Instead, I bought a Vanquisher VIII from New Monarchy (the only older style high impact, lower ROF auto you can buy right now), and used those bounties to instantly max it out.
one of my first most often used legendaries
I still have the 300 version in my inventory ... been waiting for a 331 NM drop but haven't got it yet ... I might just buy it eventually
Old 03-09-15, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes definitely interested in PvP as I have the bad juju and thorn bounties teed up (luckily both on my warlock). Disclaimer: you would be carrying me as I suck and once (if) I get those bounties completed, I'll be again avoiding pvp like the plague.
Old 03-09-15, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick
I have a feeling this will be the norm going forward
I was on in the daytime knocking out some bounties

I'll still do weekly NF/weeklies/raids

wonder if there is any interest in having a night to do PvP as a clan
Maybe this will be the week when I actually have a Helmet or Chest drop for either my Titan or Hunter.

I'd be up for a night of PVP as a clan.

Step 1 - Eveyone bring a Vex Mythoclast
Step 2 - Communicate well as a team
Step 3 - Enjoy winning most of the time
Old 03-10-15, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, the reality of this game's shedding of players is starting to become clear.

This morning at the changeover, I was only joined by 1 member of the A team. Unfortunately, that meant that one of our long standing traditions finally came to an end. While two of us were able to pass off the Hard Crota save, we were unable to carry over the Oracle save on VOG hard. We were soon joined by Nac, and with only 3, we fell into the Nightfall/Weekly and waited for other bodies.

We were able to do 3 normal crota runs, 3 nightfalls and 3 weeklies. My "rewards:"

The Last Word
Unwilling Soul-09 (ie the only gun worse than The Devil You Don't)
The Chosen (FWC Sniper, not terrible)

From the raids, I got the Hard Light and Thunderlord in the same run...first time I pulled a double exotic, and of course both I already had. I also got yet another Hunger Of Crota. And once again, no Black Hammer.

Bungie really doesn't want me to play this game.
Old 03-10-15, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

if they didn't want you to play the game wouldn't they have given you the Black Hammer already?
Old 03-10-15, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheKing
I also got yet another Hunger Of Crota. And once again, no Black Hammer.
And watch, it will be the exact opposite for me. No third Hunger, but I guarantee I get a Black Hammer. I get at least one per week.

Odd how that works.

Bungie really doesn't want me to play this game.
Yeah.
Old 03-10-15, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick
if they didn't want you to play the game wouldn't they have given you the Black Hammer already?
No, because now I have nothing to work for at all. I have 30 bounties all complete, so no reason to do anymore. And without a Gjallarhorn, Black Hammer or 4th Horseman, I have nothing left to upgrade.

But at the same time, the game continues to troll me by holding these last few pieces out of my reach. If I had them, at least then I could say "well, they gave me literally everything" and it'd be up to me whether I kept playing. I can't be disappointed in my rewards if I have absolutely everything already. At this point, I can still be very disappointed.

And it's even worse when it's a seemingly common raid drop that just about everyone else has.
Old 03-10-15, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Ran Crota Hard mode using my hunter with an LFG group. 2 32s (one of them was me ) and 4 31s and I was the only one with a gHorn. Our swordsman had never done hard mode as a swordsman and 3 guys had never done Hard mode at all (Heck I checked out the loadouts a couple of the guys only 3 people with fully leveld tracking rockets). Ran smooth up until Ir Yut. Then got close multiple times and finally pulled it off when I unloaded 4 gallys in her with no time left and I died - leaving 2 other guys to go and do some work with the sniping. On Crota's end we were gonna have our one Titan hide under the boomer tower and shoot towards the crystal. Aparently that would distract the boomers. We never found out since the Titan died in the crystal room and we had one of the 31's plink the boomers.

1st volley went smooth but we took too long getting crota down the 2nd volley. Sword dissappeared before he could get his hits in when he dissapeared. Everyone made up for it after that. Got Crota down and the swordsman went to town and got caught up. I thought I counted 11 total hits. Plinking the Boomers seemed to work and we got to the ogre room without any issues. In the end we took Crota down on the 1st run at the last possible second shorthanded with only 3 people regularly shooting rockets. I only shot multiple rockets when Crota enraged. I got another Fang and the Crux for my efforts along with some shards/energy.
Old 03-10-15, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hunger of Crota is my version of your Black Hammer.

On a side note, I'm slowing down my time in Destiny now until the next xpac is released. I'll do the NFs/Weeklies (if easy) and Crota (until HoC drops). I'm done with VoG as I have everything I want from it but will still help if called. Luckily, I can't be bothered leveling all the weapons I do have so having multiples of the same weapon was never my thang (thank goodness the app makes swapping so much easier now). I don't have all of the exotic weapons but then again I don't necessarily need them anyway. Sure, a Hawkmoon or Red Death would be nice, but I'm not losing sleep over it. I will try PvP for Bad Juju/Thorn one of these days too .... but, it is PvP and I'm not very good at it.
Old 03-10-15, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Gooter
Hunger of Crota is my version of your Black Hammer.

On a side note, I'm slowing down my time in Destiny now until the next xpac is released. I'll do the NFs/Weeklies (if easy) and Crota (until HoC drops). I'm done with VoG as I have everything I want from it but will still help if called. Luckily, I can't be bothered leveling all the weapons I do have so having multiples of the same weapon was never my thang (thank goodness the app makes swapping so much easier now). I don't have all of the exotic weapons but then again I don't necessarily need them anyway. Sure, a Hawkmoon or Red Death would be nice, but I'm not losing sleep over it. I will try PvP for Bad Juju/Thorn one of these days too .... but, it is PvP and I'm not very good at it.
If only you had another game with some new modes, characters, enemies and weapons to play.

I'm pretty sure I have all of the exotics other than the PVP bounties, and hardly any of them are fully leveled up. Why bother? Off the top of my head, I fully leveled up (at current level cap):

Primary: Suros, Multitool
Special: Ice Breaker x3
Heavy: Gjallarhorn
Old 03-10-15, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Getting some sleep for a few hours since I expect work to drive me nuts again tonight. I'll be on around 10pm est and will be up for nightfalls, raids, etc.
Old 03-10-15, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Another pretty blah week so far. 2 NM Crotas, and the only thing worth nothing is No Land Beyond(my 5th) another exotic shard. One weekly gave me Sunbreakers(Joy!) and 9 Energy(Double Job) One weekly gave me an legendary secondary engram(2 Shards, Triple Joy!) Still havnt finised Crota on HM on either, don't know if I am going to bother, possibly try to grab the gorgon chest and Aethon on hard. Dead orbit package and me my 5th fatekiller hood, more shards.
Old 03-10-15, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

NF "rewards"

Mg18a machine gun
Red Hand IX hand cannon
The Last Word

none of which were needed

also got yet another Thundershard for killing Crota on normal

Last edited by musick; 03-11-15 at 02:19 AM.
Old 03-10-15, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

3 normal raids. Not even worth talking about.
Old 03-11-15, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by chess
3 normal raids. Not even worth talking about.
I probably could've predicted that outcome just like that person who has predicted Xur the last two weeks.
Old 03-11-15, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I probably could've predicted that outcome just like that person who has predicted Xur the last two weeks.
Well there's always a chance I'll get that third Hunger of Crota...or maybe a second Gjallarhorn.

I'd skip the rest of the raid and just do Crota, but my experience with LFG has been that if you do a full run, you're likely to get a decent group and cruise, but if you just run Crota, you have what seems like a higher chance of getting in a group that has been failing it.

And it's really not much of a time investment. All 3 runs took a couple of hours maybe. And as you saw, I still got some other gaming in...recruited a couple of new people into the clan and helped the new guy "Boa" get his solar system opened up along with a Rhino and a Carrier. And I fixed that turtle in the dojo.
Old 03-11-15, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well my luck from last night didn't carry over to today. Ran the lamps and bridge with my hunter and was awarded with 4 shards. That chest armor has to drop eventually, right?
Old 03-11-15, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Well my luck from last night didn't carry over to today. Ran the lamps and bridge with my hunter and was awarded with 4 shards. That chest armor has to drop eventually, right?
I have pretty bad luck with Crota drops. It's always gear. I have three or four boots, four or five chest pieces, four or five gauntlets, and three or four helmets. Only other drops have been one ship, and a Song of Ir Yut. Until this week I only had one character, too, so that is months of running worth of crap.
Old 03-11-15, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Let me clarify his luck.... he got 3 exotics in each of the NFs. (whether they are useful to you is another story). So yes, I think you used up all of your luck, lol.

Me? crap, crap, crap.
Old 03-11-15, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JohnSlider
I have pretty bad luck with Crota drops. It's always gear. I have three or four boots, four or five chest pieces, four or five gauntlets, and three or four helmets. Only other drops have been one ship, and a Song of Ir Yut. Until this week I only had one character, too, so that is months of running worth of crap.
I'm the opposite. I've gotten lots of weapon drops, yet the only of my three that I have chest or helmet armor for is my Warlock. The kicker is I got both of them on the same run.

I'm holding out for both the helmet and chest for my Hunter since I can't see using anything other than Don't Touch Me as an exotic. My Titan can hit 32 with either piece...maybe tonight.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.