Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-14, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Happy bday Scott, and thanks again for taking us through the first part of the new raid on Friday. It was my first time and I came away with raid gauntlets, chest armor and class armor. I'm up to 30 now and hope to run the entire thing with you guys next time.
Old 12-22-14, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh and Scott, you were close on the name of the Crota raid ship. The ship is Light in the Abyss. The fusion rifle is Light of the Abyss. Bungie is getting lazy.
Old 12-24-14, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to Slider, Scott, Gooter and SoonerDoc for running through a Mish Mash of Weeklys and Nightfalls. Had a good rhythm going once there were three to a team I went from no coins to 25 in no time and picked up a 331 Plan C and some more legendary gauntlets for my Titan.
Old 12-25-14, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks again to Scott and the other guys for running through the raid tonight. Got the boots, so now I have everything to get to level 32
Old 12-25-14, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep. Many thanks to Scott, Gooter, Chase, Skills, and Ice for those raids. After all the VoG and the handful of Crotas, I finally got a piece of raid gear! I have everything I need to level it up, too. Awesome.
Old 12-25-14, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Productive night for the daggers. chase got the Titan helmet, Gooter got the badass looking Warlock helmet. Skills and Goot have the gear for Level 32. I think musick got Patience & Time from Crota.

Unfortunately, Crota Claus wasn't able to deliver to all the houses last night. Cruz and Sooner were having all sorts of connection issues and were unable to get in there with the rest of us. And whatever the problems were, they also lead to the timing of the cheese method to be a lot more hit and miss than it was on Tuesday. It was about 75% successful compared to the 100% I had the other day. It did seem a little worse since we died several times when it was successful.

But I'm glad we got everybody their drops that could connect, and we ended the evening with a perfect run.
Old 12-25-14, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for Crota Christmas! I'm one piece short of 32 though, don't have the raid boots and I think you said Warlock's don't have exotic boots either.
Old 12-25-14, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah not much luck last night for armor

I got the Song Of Ir Yut machine gun and as Scott mentioned, a new P&T (already had the old and did not buy the new from Xur last week) ... Also got the raid ship

as of now I have raid gauntlets and boots for my Warlock ... Just need helm or chest since I have light 36 exotic helms and chest

only have raid gauntlets for my Titan .... have light 36 exotic helms and chests

and of course the character I like least is the one I could get to 32 if I wanted to, my Hunter, has raid gauntlets, chest, and boots to go with his exotic light 36 helms

Happy Holiday Daggers ... I'll be on later working on bounties to level up some gear and believe I also have 2 weeklies still to complete .... cause 212 strange coins just isn't enough
Old 12-25-14, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I celebrated Christmas a few days ago, so I'll probably be on as well. I like to run Crucible to upgrade armor and guns, for some reason it seems faster.
Old 12-25-14, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If we are able to sign on today I've been trying on and off since 10AM PST.
Old 12-25-14, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chase3001
If we are able to sign on today I've been trying on and off since 10AM PST.
yep, so f'n annoying
Old 12-25-14, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

And what a productive Christmas Day!

I got...contacting Destiny Servers and...contacting PSN...and...

If this keeps up, the Xur report could be a little late this week. Not that it would really matter.
Old 12-25-14, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I still say it's Crota cheesing us by pulling the ethernet cord .... but yeah this sucks, so much lost time
Old 12-25-14, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Glad you guys got some good stuff. Sucks Cruz and I were getting jacked around. A precursor to the ridiculousness of today. Oh well.

Just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed playing this game with you guys for the past 3 1/2 months. I have been gaming for 35+ years. First system was an Atari 2600 and I don't think I have missed a major Nintendo, Sega, Sony or Microsoft platform since. I don't know that I have ever had as much fun playing a game as I have Destiny. Not because the game is great (because it isn't) but because of the fun I have had playing with this group.

So thanks to all the Daggers and hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas (PSN issues notwithstanding)!!!
Old 12-25-14, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
Glad you guys got some good stuff. Sucks Cruz and I were getting jacked around. A precursor to the ridiculousness of today. Oh well.

Just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed playing this game with you guys for the past 3 1/2 months. I have been gaming for 35+ years. First system was an Atari 2600 and I don't think I have missed a major Nintendo, Sega, Sony or Microsoft platform since. I don't know that I have ever had as much fun playing a game as I have Destiny. Not because the game is great (because it isn't) but because of the fun I have had playing with this group.

So thanks to all the Daggers and hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas (PSN issues notwithstanding)!!!
I started in the 2600 days myself. I was a little younger, but not much. And I don't know if I'd be able to say it's the most fun I've ever had with a game, as it's hard to compete against the memories of grabbing that axe to send Bowser into the fire, or knocking out Mike Tyson for the first time.

But the online experience I've had with you guys is the best I've had. And that says a lot. I had a really good group for GTA V last year, and when I was playing with them, I had a shitload of fun. But at the same time, you had to deal with a lot of asshats in the form of randoms. You're trying to have fun with your buddies and someone comes along with a tank and blows you up.

In Destiny, I've had 2 bad experiences. Once in a raid there was an ahole who constantly kept dying at the jump puzzle because he wanted to be the center of attention. We all ended up quitting so close to finishing. This was before I really started playing with the group.

The other was last night. I played that Mars strike with the tank, and got put in with randoms. I come in to just before the tank and start shooting things up. All of a sudden one of the punks I joined was in one of those vehicles started shooting and crashing into me. I ignored it, reported the guy and kept playing. We get to the tank part, and again, the whole time the other two guys are shooting me, or trying crash into me with the interceptor. I get the tank down to one last shot, and then they manage to get all three of us killed, forcing a checkpoint reset. Then they left.

Other than that, I've been having one hell of a time. So thank you guys for that. And like Sooner said, it's because of you guys. Even chess!

Oh, and the PS3 is now able to get online. So if all else fails, the Xur report will still be up...just maybe without the picture.
Old 12-25-14, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TheKing
I started in the 2600 days myself. I was a little younger, but not much. And I don't know if I'd be able to say it's the most fun I've ever had with a game, as it's hard to compete against the memories of grabbing that axe to send Bowser into the fire, or knocking out Mike Tyson for the first time.

But the online experience I've had with you guys is the best I've had. And that says a lot. I had a really good group for GTA V last year, and when I was playing with them, I had a shitload of fun. But at the same time, you had to deal with a lot of asshats in the form of randoms. You're trying to have fun with your buddies and someone comes along with a tank and blows you up.
Destiny has been fun, but I don't think anything will top Halo 2. I had so many great nights with dvdtalk members playing that game. I still laugh about the time GoLucky practically took out our whole team on accident. That was the beginning of online console gaming and it was a blast.
Old 12-26-14, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK, I think I may have finally grown past using the PS3.

The DS3 is actually a bit painful to use! I've become used to the DS4.

Destiny is hard to look at on there. My eyes are so used to the crispness and clarity of the PS4 version, that this is almost like playing through a dirty screen door. Dark and muddy.

But...it's...something.

EDIT: And we're back up and running on the PS4!

Last edited by TheKing; 12-26-14 at 01:35 AM.
Old 12-29-14, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Assuming everything is up and running tomorrow evening, I definitely need to do some Croata cheese raids before the reset. Anyone else need to (or willing to) help out tomorrow? I know Cruz and I got shut out at the start of the PSN issues Christmas Eve.
Old 12-29-14, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I still need to do the weekly and/or the nightfall before the reset. Let me know if anyone wants to help out or needs to do it as well tonight.
Old 12-29-14, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I'm off today and even though tomorrow everything changes over I wouldn't mind doing some weekly's or even at least one Nightfall. I'll be on and off during the day and if someone still wants to run look me up. I'll be doing bounties to catch up since I was off all last week.
Old 12-29-14, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

I need to get in on some if this Crota nonsense. I'd like to see what, if anything, I can do/get with my 29 Hunter.

I'll be on tonight. Even if I'm playing something else, shoot me an invite and I'll jump in.

Last edited by lopper; 12-29-14 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-29-14, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I mentioned this to Sooner on PSN, but I'll also talk here.

I'm willing to try the cheese tonight, but just keep in mind that PSN is still not 100%, and the cheese requires disconnecting and reconnecting. So we may be limited by that. Hopefully there isn't an issue.
Old 12-29-14, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

I'm interested. My connection was solid last night after I changed the MTU to 1450 - default is 1500.
Old 12-29-14, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks like the PSN outage coincided with my being away. I'm doing the first chest on Crota on all my characters before the reset then will do some of the Weeklies for coins.
Old 12-29-14, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
Looks like the PSN outage coincided with my being away.
please don't go away ever again

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.