Reload this Page >

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Old 01-17-15, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

So we decided to run the VOG on normal tonight, and after two runs, I got perhaps the most trolling award this game has ever given me.

After killing Atheon, I was rewarded with...you guessed it...an ICE BREAKER! So in less than 24 hours, I went from having 1 Ice Breaker, to having 4.

I guess I should take a lesson from this: finish your raids and nightfalls before buying everything from Xur.

That being said, I EARNED this Ice Breaker unlike all you Xur buyers! Viva the RNG!
Old 01-17-15, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
Slider's running in circles in the tower was easily the best
You guys have become fluent in my language way too quickly.
Old 01-17-15, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, we ended up picking up where we left off with our hard raid run last night...and finished it!

We got the Templar on the first try. After all the glitches and frustrations of 24 hours ago, we went in and slaughtered the bastard. It wasn't the cleanest run, and he did hit Enrage, but one last super from the relic was enough to take his ass down. My reward: My 117th Found Verdict. Other than that, a bunch of shards, another chest and helmet that I immediately sharded, another Aspect Of Glass (why the hell can't I have even 1 Glass Minuet?!?), and another Timebreaker.

But all of that pales in comparison to the feeling of conquering the glitches and issues of last night and tasting sweet, sweet victory. That being said, I would have liked some Titan toilet paper.
Old 01-17-15, 02:15 AM

It probably sounds like the same old song, but, once again, the Daggers round up for a night of raiding, and handle business. We utterly destroyed the Templar on hard mode, and had good success on our 2 normal runs. Thank you, as always, too all involved for the fun times, and help.

The best news of the night, I finally have my first Fatebringer (an appropriate reward for such a smooth run through that hard Templar single try), and my first Vision of Confluence.

I look forward to the next run already, guys, and thank you all again.
Old 01-17-15, 02:28 AM

Thabks to the all the daggers that run VOG tonight. It is still fun to do that raid. I finally got my first Vision of Confluence and Epiloge tonight and the glass minuet. Was hoping for the Mythoclast from the hard run, but no luck. Got a hunter helmet and another timebreakee. We breezed through both normal runs and most of the hard mode fight. The glitches did catch up to us on the Atheon fight. It is was really nice getting a bit more experience wig the relic. I am starting to feel a little more comfortable with grabbing it if I need to. Not sure on the Templar fight, but am ok with the relic on the Atheon fight.
Old 01-17-15, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It felt so good to beat the Templar on that first run. Even though all I got was my 4th Preadyth's Revenge and some Shards it was worth it. Drops were pretty good otherwise but not quite what I wanted. Got the Hard Light, Thunderlord and the Aspect of Glass. Had 4 striaght runs on Atheon where I missed the hop to the middle and died. I went too far the 1st time then came up 3x short trying to overcompensate. Got it on the last run though. Thanks to the Daggers you rock.We broke the Templars ass.
Old 01-17-15, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to ivelostr2 for running the nightfall with me last night and Cruz for hopping on and helping out. I got an obsidian mind out of it, so I'm glad I didn't buy one from Xur.

Not only did I finally get a chance yesterday to grab a few Icebreakers, I also got a nice Vanguard Rank reward. I received the LDR sniper with a roll of void damage and the firefly perk. Between this, P&T, and the Icebreaker I'm set up nicely for any burn nightfall.
Old 01-17-15, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So I spent my afternoon doing some solo experimenting in the Crota Raid, and I was able to make it all the way to Crota with my Warlock.

While I was at it, I tried out the PS4 share button to record some of my gameplay. The whole process of recording/trimming/uploading to YouTube is incredibly easy.

Check it out...

Sunsinging my happy ass across the abyss

Making the Deathsinger look easy

I forgot to hit share after the Bridge part, but I'll record that too if anyone wants to see how to do it solo. It's the same technique for all 3 classes.

This is the first time I've ever done anything like this. I just created this YouTube account today. If I can do it, anyone can. Lets see some of that badass Dagger gameplay!!!
Old 01-17-15, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Saw you online and in Crota solo
look forward to watching the vid later
Old 01-18-15, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Congrats meat! I would have offered my services to you, but clearly you've got it all on your own

Speaking of my services, I may need to learn to curtail my offers made outside of the dagger circle.

Last night I was asked to pitch in and help a buddy on my list finish off Crota. Thinking it wouldn't take me all that long to do, I accepted and brought in my Warlock to take down the bastard and be on my way.

Turns out, it was a group of randoms with little experience, and even less in the weapons department. But ever the optimist, I decided to push forward and try to whip these guys into shape. An hour or so later, we've had a few close calls, but still unable to finish. We take a break, and a couple guys drop out. One guy brings in a replacement, and one of our fellow daggers (Skillz) snags the other.

A few more failures, and another guy drops out. I call in musick as a ringer so that we can finish this thing off. Then we start getting glitches, and the guy that originally called me in for help has to leave. So we add yet another dagger (cryptc) to the mix. So a raid that started with randoms ended with the daggers taking over and finishing the damn thing with only one of the guys that originally started it. Such is how we roll here: you ask for one dagger, you may end up with 6.

So then it was decided that we'd start the raid again from scratch as Skillz and cryptc hadn't done the early parts. As we searched for a new 6th (the last original raider had left), we saw that the C team, affectionately known as the Unleadables, was doing the raid as well. So of course we have to go and find out how their adventure is going, so I pop in their party chat and and as expected, they're stuck on the first part. So I make the decision to help them out, and let musick lead the other team through the early parts.

Somehow, someway, just as I join up, Slider dances his way to the bridge and makes it across, all while I lay there, having done nothing but sit on the first plate, waiting for a revive that would never come. I then take the lead on the second part and after a few snafus we clear that. Then the guy that had invited me to the raid in the first place came back online and joined in as we went for the second chest. We grab that after a few tries (thanks Cruz for being the anchor there). Then we had a visit from Skillz from the musick team.

Turns out, they didn't have the same fortunate run that slider had provided. So naturally, I left the Unleadables on their own to play around with Ir Yut, since they hadn't tried it before, and I went to pitch in with the other group. By this point, I think musick had started tearing out his hair and stepped aside as I reentered. I didn't fare much better at first, as I struggled to make my way along the lamps. Finally, I get up to the top, get on the rock, but end up getting killed anyway. Fortunately for me, the rest of the gang slowly made their way up and managed to revive me, and I survived just long enough to get across the bridge and into the light.

After a few more tries at the bridge, I pushed them through, and let musick take back the reigns for the second chest, and headed back to the unleadables for Ir Yut. I had taken longer than expected, but the practice paid off as we made it through the deathsinger on the first try after I came back, with Slider the MVP again as he was the sole survivor after Ir Yut went down, and he managed to revive the rest of us, saving the day. SO I had finally got then through to Crota. Meanwhile the other group failed the second chest, but got through Ir Yut. Everybody made it to Crota!

Then, well, as usual, things fell completely apart. Both teams struggled to find their way. Lack of firepower, experience and timing led to both squads falling short. People dropped off on both teams, so the natural thing happened: the survivors reformed into one squad. But even that wasn't enough at first. No, it took one more thing to bring us all together: Somebody fell asleep.

We all started hearing it...a light kind of growl on the mic. Was it a dog? We decided to all quiet ourselves, and look at the party chat. All of a sudden we could see: cruz had fallen asleep at the controls. The rest of us got a good laugh out it, as we really needed the break in tension. I even called in musick to take a listen. I take the group back down to Crota, and after pushing cruz around a bit, we manage to rustle him from his slumber. There's just one other problem: Slider wasn't moving.

We called to slider, but heard nothing. Not a point, not a dance, not even running in circles. He was completely silent. Could it be that not one, but two had fallen asleep? Suddenly, Slider left, probably kicked by Bungie for idling. Musick then joined us and we finally, mercifully took down Crota one more time. It was a long, trying night for the Daggers and the associated randoms that had the fortunate (or unfortunate) luck to run into us.

And by the way, as I write this, Slider is still in orbit in Destiny, and still in sauce's party chat, nearly 7 hours after he went silent.
Old 01-18-15, 10:35 AM

Love your write up as always, Scott. And as always thank you so much, Ice and Gooter as well for dragging our unleadable (graduated to semi-leadable now hopefully) asses. But yeah, I totally fell asleep.

My controller died shortly after we went to the tower for ammo. I went to plug it in behind me and the long USB had fallen behind the couch, so I had to plug in by the TV... big mistake. Short cable required me to sit in the big comfy chair and that was all she wrote. Around 3:30 is usually my limit anyway, but I wanted to stay on and play. The fifteen (or however long it ended up being) break was my downfall. If I'm not playing at that time of night, then it's just hard for me to keep my eyes open. Obviously.

I woke up at about 4AM my time and heard you guys back in there. Glad you all finished it! I had already gotten all of the drops from the raid so I was just doing it for fun anyway, but I would have felt bad this morning if there wasn't someone on to take my spot!

Somehow, someway, just as I join up, Slider dances his way to the bridge and makes it across, all while I lay there, having done nothing but sit on the first plate, waiting for a revive that would never come.
That was fun. I've never got past the second lamp by myself before, so it was interesting. Invisibility is such an asset. You did far from nothing. If you weren't there telling me to get on that rock, then I would have died seconds after reaching the summit. I know how to do it now at least.

I don't know what my problem was at the locked chest last night. I usually have no problem getting in there but I missed it all three times.

Slider the MVP again as he was the sole survivor after Ir Yut went down, and he managed to revive the rest of us, saving the day.
My bladedancin' bitch ain't so bad after all. Let it be known to all baby guardians everywhere: the Hunter has some value.
Old 01-18-15, 10:40 AM

Speaking of my services, I may need to learn to curtail my offers made outside of the dagger circle.
You always bring in some interesting people though, Scott. Never stop.

Last edited by JohnSlider; 01-18-15 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-18-15, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks Scott. If I see you on tomorrow, I might ask for help on a Deathsinger run with my Titan. He's only 31, so I don't know if I'll be able to kill the wizards quick enough with him. I'll give it a try though. My solo trials did teach me some Deathsinger tricks that should help. Should easily be able to pull it off with 2 if a group isn't available.

If you notice me toss the solar grenades up at the crystal at the start... that actually brings the two Wizards out immediately so you don't have to run in there and draw them out. It saves time for sure. Not sure if any other classes have a grenade that will do the same. We'll see.

If you stay on the ground level, all the other enemies tend to all stay in the middle and very rarely venture near the stairs. Don't know if it will be the same with more players, but I tried that Deathsinger part a bunch of times and I rarely had to deal with anything other than the Wizards when I tucked myself in the corners.

Once Ir Yut begins the liturgy, he freezes in place. He doesn't shoot, or move, or anything. That gives you 30 seconds to kill a stationary target. I think it only took me 6 shots to kill him. So basically, as long as you get the two wizards and shriekers out of the way, you're better off just staying out of the line of fire until the liturgy begins. Then just run in, hop up on the ledge, and shoot. Hardly anything will be there to shoot back at you.

Last edited by 19K; 01-18-15 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-18-15, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

one of the big reasons the second team got past the Deathsinger is I happened to watch Meats videos earlier and told Musick to jump up on that ledge to snipe her. We got her on the first try after that. Thanks Meat! Please make a lamp run video too.
Old 01-18-15, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Glad I could help. I learned a lot of my tricks from playing with other people and watching other videos too. It's definitely helpful to see how someone else does certain sections.

I did post a vid of my lamp run above. It's with a Warlock which, for me, was the hardest class to do it with. I did watch someone soloing it with a warlock after I posted my vid, and he had some easier methods, so I might try it again and re-record it if that other method actually works better. It involved him jumping on top of the lamps while he was recovering his weight of darkness.

Titans can easily cheese the entire lamp section by jumping off the rock at second lamp. I'll make a vid of that if you haven't seen it, but there's already a ton of them on YouTube. People say the Warkock can make the jump too, but I personally have never been able to pull it off with my Warlock.

The Hunter can go invisible which makes that run much less stressful. It's especially easy if you have the gauntlets that turn you invisible after melee hits. I can definitely make a vid of that too if you want. I made it through with my Hunter without ever firing my gun until the ogre appeared at the end. But that was early in the week before I thought of actually recording it. I'm sure I could do it again if you want to see it.
Old 01-18-15, 12:06 PM

The Hunter can go invisible which makes that run much less stressful. It's especially easy if you have the gauntlets that turn you invisible after melee hits. I can definitely make a vid of that too if you want. I made it through with my Hunter without ever firing my gun until the ogre appeared at the end. But that was early in the week before I thought of actually recording it. I'm sure I could do it again if you want to see it.
Hunter is my only character so that's how I ran it last night. Had my Don't Touch Me gauntlets on, crouching invisibility, and my blade strike invisibility. Also had my super set to allow invisibility as a last resort, but never needed to use it or fire my gun as you said.
Old 01-18-15, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hunters are pretty awesome. Some people *cough* Chess *cough* frown upon their existence, but I think they're pretty awesome. I used to think the Warlock was the master race, but it's actually a toss-up with my Hunter now. The Titan is still not in the running.
Old 01-18-15, 12:25 PM

I chose the Hunter class because I had read that it was the best for Crucible, which is what I thought I would be playing the majority of the time. Then I came on here and a lot of people disapproved of my choice.

You can't do as much damage on big bosses with the Hunter, even with the Golden Gun, but your skills are valuable elsewhere such as reviving teammates or laying waste to hordes of smaller enemies to clear paths. There's nothing more satisfying than lighting that arc blade up and tearing apart a dozen thrall.
Old 01-18-15, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The other class' supers don't do much damage to higher level enemies either. I don't know how many times I died launching my Titan into a horde of enemies, only to not kill the bigger ones and have them kill me instead. At least the Warlock can launch his from a safe distance, which makes it easier to recover from when it doesn't kill everything. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the Titan. I just think the other two are better and more fun to use. I'm probably in the minority though.

But I agree, the Hunter has skills that can be used elsewhere. I've definitely had my ass saved by invisible hunters on Nightfalls when everyone else was dead. And I'm pretty sure a Hunter was the first to completely solo the Crota raid... with absolutely no cheesing which made it even more impressive.
Old 01-18-15, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

The Hunters have fabulous capes.
Old 01-18-15, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Lol, you guys *almost* made we want to roll a hunter.... Almost.
Old 01-18-15, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Gooter
one of the big reasons the second team got past the Deathsinger is I happened to watch Meats videos earlier and told Musick to jump up on that ledge to snipe her. We got her on the first try after that. Thanks Meat! Please make a lamp run video too.
Originally Posted by 19K

I did post a vid of my lamp run above. It's with a Warlock which, for me, was the hardest class to do it with. I did watch someone soloing it with a warlock after I posted my vid, and he had some easier methods, so I might try it again and re-record it if that other method actually works better. It involved him jumping on top of the lamps while he was recovering his weight of darkness.

Titans can easily cheese the entire lamp section by jumping off the rock at second lamp. I'll make a vid of that if you haven't seen it, but there's already a ton of them on YouTube. People say the Warkock can make the jump too, but I personally have never been able to pull it off with my Warlock.

yep, I still haven't got around to watching your vid but Gooter thankfully did before I joined last night and suggested the ledge method for Ir Yut. I fairly easily just sniped from there with my Ice Breaker, tossed a nade, and a couple Fatebringer hits and she/he went down

and as for the lamp post, I just loathe that section, especially being the first section
I had my Warlock and know he can't make that second lamp jump so I tried nova bombing my way (Obsidian Mind/Bad Juju) through ... We did get to the platform once but skillz was met with an ogre on the other side of the bridge as he crossed ... I should have just equipped my multi tool and tried to run through or changed out to my Titan or Hunter with Don't Touch Me gauntlets but I did't want to move stuff around and my Hunter though he can get to 32, I still keep at 30 and can still get hit hard when surrounded by mobs
Old 01-18-15, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

just watched the first vid and looks like I was right in that the multi tool and I assume a character agility build would have been my best choice .... I also pretty much know the direction to go from lamp to lamp even though I rarely ran it in the past but I'm sure it makes it easier as well if you have memorized the path directions as even a beat of a slowdown can throw everything off
Old 01-18-15, 04:04 PM

So, are we on for the possible Sunday afternoon / evening run through the Vault still, by chance? I want to get some more practice with the relic, and as a Titan, if possible!
Old 01-18-15, 04:08 PM

I have a save point for the Templar on hard. Wouldn't mind finishing it up.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.