Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

*** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-15, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: *** Official DVDTalk PS4 Destiny Clan - Daggers Of Destiny ***

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I'll run for sure and if no-one else I know kanji who I've tend to do Nightfall & Weekly runs with. But two would be nice.
Cool. I'll be on the usual time (7ish est).
Old 01-20-15, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I'll run for sure and if no-one else I know kanji who I've tend to do Nightfall & Weekly runs with. But two would be nice.

Good final VoG Hard Run last night though I was starting to have doubts especially taking down the Oracles where we probably failed way to much. But glad everyone stayed with R2 getting "The Vex"...

thanks, I learned a lot from that run last night. I went from having no idea what was going on to calling out which oracles I was targeting on that the last run. I'm glad I stayed.

Does anyone else hear theScott's voice in their heads when they sleep?

I was on late 3 of the last 4 nights and each night i ran at least part of a raid with you guys and then hung around the channel while running bounties and now theScott's voice is the narrator in my dreams.
Old 01-20-15, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fatebringer/LDR (P&T backup, IB for ammo refils)/Thunderlord (Song of Ir Yût backup)
Old 01-20-15, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Also...i'll be on tonight looking for weeklies and nightfalls. Anyone running those looking for a third, feel free to invite me, but don't expect me to be competent.
Old 01-20-15, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
thanks, I learned a lot from that run last night. I went from having no idea what was going on to calling out which oracles I was targeting on that the last run. I'm glad I stayed.

Does anyone else hear theScott's voice in their heads when they sleep?

I was on late 3 of the last 4 nights and each night i ran at least part of a raid with you guys and then hung around the channel while running bounties and now theScott's voice is the narrator in my dreams.

Yep...Scott saying..."It's a Wipe" or "Come on Gjallarhorn...come on baby...come to me Gjallarhorn"....over and over and over....

Last edited by K&AJones; 01-20-15 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-20-15, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing I ever hear from Scott on the A team is "Guardian Down".

Actually, he may or may not have revived my sleepy ass a couple of times this morning...but I don't think there's video evidence of it, so it didn't happen.
Old 01-20-15, 09:59 AM

I want to throw my thanks in for the generosity (this is something that I say a lot, no) from my fellow Daggers, staying on that extra 5 to 7 minutes, so I could get the Atheon kill with my Hunter. Sure, I didn't get crap again, and watched someone else get the Mythoclast in the prior run, but damn, was that a perfect Atheon run, the 2nd time.

It figures that we would get Phogoth with arc burn, which is nearly the worst set up possible. As avsfan said, it basically makes it to where the only thing in the strike that can't one shot you is Phogoth. No matter, we've been using the stairs in the beginning for a long time, nothing new here, except now, I have a Fatebringer to go along with Patience and Time, and Harm's Way / Song of Ir Yut / Thunderlord. I can't wait to be rewarded with an exotic that I already own, at least once!
Old 01-20-15, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by musick
Fatebringer/LDR (P&T backup, IB for ammo refils)/Thunderlord (Song of Ir Yût backup)
Fatebringer can only be earned from VOG hard mode, correct?

As for Crota HM I was gong to hold off on the next DLC since I figured that would get me to 32 easily. Now I think I may run a few normal runs to get some more raid gear, at least for my titan. He already has raid gauntlets.
Old 01-20-15, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I've got Fatebringer, LDR (which shoots through walls), and Thunderlord, plus the new IB Rocket Launcher in Arc. Looking to run the Nightfall and Weeklies.

See you tonight!
Old 01-20-15, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Fatebringer can only be earned from VOG hard mode, correct?
this is an accurate statement
more accurately, Templar only
Old 01-20-15, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

bought 2 Timur's Lash HCs yesterday from the Iron Banner after easily speed leveling up to level 5

bought 2 so I could roll one to the perks I would be ok with and then the other to try and get my optimal roll

I got a pretty good roll (some would probably say amazing) of Outlaw/Field Scout/Crowd Control and should have just stopped there but I wasted a bunch of motes to roll my second as I was hopeing to get the same config but Feeding Frenzy in place of Crowd Control to have blazing fast reload all the time .... I think I settled on Return To Sender/Field Scout/Feeding Frenzy

I had plenty of motes (now down to just over 80) but like I said should have just stopped myself early as I want to save motes for a chance at HOTPF in case Xur offers a chest engram before selling it (yeah right)

this game truely is an evil slot machine

I think the Outlaw/Field Scout/Crowd Control version will be a nice Fatebringer/Hawkmoon alternative
Old 01-20-15, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Hotfix is out: http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Hot-...News?aid=12508

<hr>

Raids
Crota's End
Prepared Hard Mode for manual activation on Wednesday, January 21st
Updates on exact go-time will be given via Twitter after 10AM Pacific

Bridge Encounter
Players are no longer able to de-spawn enemies after activating bridge plates and holding a specific spot

Crota Encounter
Fixed a rare issue that caused Crota to stop summoning Oversouls

<hr>

That's it?
Old 01-20-15, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Not in the update: Skirmish 2v2 is now an available playlist.
Old 01-20-15, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus

Bridge Encounter
Players are no longer able to de-spawn enemies after activating bridge plates and holding a specific spot

though this is worded weird since you actually de-spawned enemies before activating the bridge plates

how about fixing my de-spawn of heavy ammo

Last edited by musick; 01-20-15 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-20-15, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I spent about 50 Motes of Light on my rolls. Wanted extra ammo and crowd control on my hand cannon, and arc damage on the rocket.

Forgot to get the shader and remembered as I was going to sleep. Was not going to log on, grind 3K Glimmer, and buy it.
Old 01-20-15, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

OK, it is I the apparent narrator of your dreams.

Honestly, I don't even know how to take that. I suppose I am honored to be held in such high acclaim that some of you even think about me in bed...while some others just fall asleep in my presence. We get such a wide spectrum here.

Anyway, it's been an epic run. I have been part of seeing Atheon fall 5 times and Crota taken down 6 times since last night. The A team breezed through our 3 runs of Crota, and then decided it'd be a good idea to run through the Vault Of Glass on Hard (minus chess who bailed out for work, as opposed to Warframe for once). But of course, the A team was a little bit packed, so after all that was done, I went back in to help out meatpants and me007gold with Crota himself. Then it was nightfall time.

The A team was a little sloppy today. We didn't fail anything major, just a couple of wipes from all three Crota raids, and a few more in the VOG. In fact, we ever ran into a couple of rough spots on the Templar battle due to the same bugs that have plagued the Daggers recently. And since it was the A team, I was back to mere mortal status, shooting oracles from up top and attacking the Templar with my weapons. Weird.

We got to Atheon, and our rustiness as a team showed as on one run somebody forgot they had unlimited supers and didn't put up a bubble when we really needed one. But aside from that, we got our shit together and took out the glass bastard 3 straight times. Better news for the Daggers: I have the Oracle save for the week!

As for rewards, well, Crota wasn't very kind as I only got the Light Of The Abyss Fusion Rifle, a few spare pieces of armor, shards and energy. Atheon was far more giving. My Hunter didn't get much, other than having to watch my Warlock and Titan both get boots again, while hers still haven't shown.

Overall, I got this from the VOG:

Praetorian Foil (My 3rd)
FATEBRINGER (My 2nd)
Praedeth's Revenge (2 today)
Vision Of Confluence (3 today)
Aspect Of Glass (3 today)
Universal Remote (My 2nd)

And musick, I'm sorry to say that I also got my 7th Mythoclast.

I also got one more thing out of the VOG that I have been longing for. Something that I have nearly begged for. Something that made me feel incomplete without it. That's right folks, after months of searching and hoping, I finally found it!

Yes, I got my Titan Toilet Paper! FINALLY!

In the nightfalls, ugh. I got No Backup Plans gauntlets that were exactly the one I already had. I got an Up For Anything Auto Rifle, which I already hard. Finally, they give me the Obsidian Mind Helmet with better rolls from last week, but still not as good as what I have. So 2 shards and some energy. Oy.

Anyway, I'm passing out, so we'll just see how many of y'all make it into my dreams.
Old 01-20-15, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

LOL Scott .... sounds like an action packed morning ... still don't know how you manage to do it

congrats on the TTP, wear it proudly (nice on the 2nd Fatebringer as well ... and yeah, I think the Sexy Vexy has seemed to drop for almost everyone but me lately)

get that well deserved rest ... I wonder, do you hear yourself or Slider in your sleep?

Last edited by musick; 01-20-15 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-20-15, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks to Scott for pulling me into Crota this morning. Finally able to get Black Hammer/Hunger Still no ship though. Nightfall was a complete bust, worthless fusion and 6 shards.
Old 01-20-15, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheKing
(minus chess who bailed out for work, as opposed to Warframe for once).
I would never bail on the A team for Warframe! If anything, our quick/smooth runs allow me to play Destiny less and Warframe more during the rest of the week, which I'm super grateful for.

I do thoroughly enjoy listening to mmcareen, who is the only one from our group to actually try Warframe, talk so much about how much better it is than Destiny and why. He's a smart, articulate and probably handsome Canuck with excellent taste IMO.

The A team was a little sloppy today. We didn't fail anything major, just a couple of wipes from all three Crota raids...
I only remember one actual wipe during all three runs when Toshka died on the other side of the bridge on our first run. And maybe one false start in the darkness. Am I remembering wrong?

Anyway, super happy that we knocked those runs out with bridge cheese before the hot patch, and I absolutely agree with musick that they need to focus on fixing the despawn of my heavy ammo. God damn right.
Old 01-20-15, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Will def be on tonight for NF and Weeklies.

Usu. group.
Old 01-20-15, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

not all de-spawing cheese patched

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sf0...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-20-15, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

So will someone explain the so-called patch on the "Bridge Encounter" part. I've only done that part where you take the Swordbearer down, one grabs the sword and goes over. Repeat again with another player and so on. The last time we did it, three got over and the rest of went over on some high rocks near and below where we spawn in taking everything out while the other three held the other side. Then the 4th, 5th and 6th foloowed....which I figure is the legit way.

Are they talking about that back room where we go and jump up on the pillars or something else?
Old 01-20-15, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What's up with this "A" team talk all of a sudden?

It doesn't matter who you're playing with, as long as you're enjoying it. It's only a game, it's supposed to fun, not some elitist club. I'm sure the A-team has made just as many mistakes as everybody else at some point. I remember not being able to finish Crota with that crew in the first couple weeks it was out.

Honestly, any struggles I read about now can be related to a simple "lack of opportunity". People are just now handling the relic for the first time, doing hard mode, etc.. It's not that anyone is so much better than anyone else, it's just that not everyone has had a chance to do it every single week for the past 4 months.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I know it's all a joke, but still.

And I can't thank Scott enough for helping out whatever team he's a part of. He certainly goes above and beyond helping out the daggers.
Old 01-20-15, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Buzz

the first way you mention was the legit way

there were multiple cheese methods for that part

one where you would start the spawns, everyone would wipe and a warlock would self rez at the last second of death ... upon coming back to life all the adds would de-spawn, he would resurect the rest of his teammates and then all would go up to higher ground (top of pillars) and snipe enemies on the other side of the bridge while ignoring the swordbearer .... the level would end once the 2 ogres were put down

the newer method involved all going to the back room where the swordbearer comes out of and standing on the pillars in back until the adds on the outside despawn
totums and bridge plate would be activated ... one would take down the swordbearer and cross the activated bridge ... others would leave their plates and after the gatekeeper was taken down by the one who crossed with the sword he would take a safe spot on the other side while those on the starting side would go to higher ground and snipe across ending with the 2 ogres being eliminated again

the patch was to make it so when you went into the room that the swordbearer comes out of the adds would not despawn for you

however there is a higher up level as seen in the video posted above (that has existed for some time I guess) that will still cause the adds to despawn
Old 01-20-15, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by 19K

And I can't thank Scott enough for helping out whatever team he's a part of. He certainly goes above and beyond helping out the daggers.
amen

please no one ever let him play Warframe

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.