Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-18, 04:25 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts
Re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 201

finally got a pistol in my inventory. don't know if it will be more effective than melee weapons tbh. but, i guess some good head shots might do the trick. can you modify guns too?
Old 08-04-18, 10:29 PM

Re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 201

this game is really giving me itch. the more i play, the more i get invested and open up new stuff. finally got a nice police rifle with ammo and only like $1,000 away from getting me self a shotgun. that should be cool. guns really come in handy with Rais' men. can't wait to see what they do on zombies, especially the shottie which i gotta get.

but when i have the few hours on weekends i get to play, this is always on my mind and love to play it and progress.

just saw Dr. Zere die and got out of Rais' Garrison which was tough, especially with Demolisher and loss of all weapons and medkits. now, on to find someone to get me to new area, i think. anyway, love it. great all the way around...
Old 08-05-18, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Congrads on taking down The Demolsher...curious on how (which weapons). I assume you used objects around like barrels and spikes with the normal zombies…..

The new area is cool but...without spoiling too much, getting there is not a piece-of-cake. Just a tip, make sure you have one decent rifle....pistol will work but one with some range and accuracy. New area is really fun and in fact I need to look and see because I think I'm missing some items. Make sure you're good with the grapple because in this area, you'll probably be on the roofs as much as on the streets....there's a achievement for kicking 100 Zombies off the Rooftops.....
Old 08-05-18, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Congrads on taking down The Demolsher...curious on how (which weapons). I assume you used objects around like barrels and spikes with the normal zombies…..

The new area is cool but...without spoiling too much, getting there is not a piece-of-cake. Just a tip, make sure you have one decent rifle....pistol will work but one with some range and accuracy. New area is really fun and in fact I need to look and see because I think I'm missing some items. Make sure you're good with the grapple because in this area, you'll probably be on the roofs as much as on the streets....there's a achievement for kicking 100 Zombies off the Rooftops.....
i just used the machete that Rais threw down to me. hit and retreat, hit, retreat, kill other zombies, rinse, repeat, till he died. then i had to get out with everybody shooting. that was fun...
Old 08-05-18, 07:12 PM

finally got my double barrel shotgun. cost a bunch and haven't used it yet, but i'm brimming with excitement!!

man, that Voltage side quest which can only be done at night was tough as shit with all the zombies in the fucking power plant. and volatiles. i mean there were at least 100 or so zombies in very tight spaces. i just lept over them all and finally found the structure i had to. died a few times to say the least, but overcame. i love you can just do a mission or side quest and quit. no long drawn out. just do it and enjoy it for a bit and done. perfect for the pick up and play that i love...
Old 10-24-19, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 02-11-22, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

This game is my new Digital Crack. It's so much fun parkouring and killing hundreds of zombies. I unlocked the head stomp skill which is now my all time favorite skill in videogame history

The night time isn't very scary. Easy to avoid the tougher Zombies since you see their radar. Also you don't lose XP at night so I don't see what makes night travel scary ? It would've made more sense to do the opposite; no xp loss during Day but night runs the risk of losing XP.
I'm only life 15 percent story complete with 25 hours logged so by the time I fInish DL21 , DL2 will have dropped in price lol.
Old 03-03-22, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Picked this up after beginning Dying Light 2, I like it
Old 05-05-22, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Developer Techland has announced that all players who own the base edition of Dying Light across any platform will be automatically upgraded to the Enhanced Edition at no extra cost. This upgrade offers up the following Dying Light content to all players for free.
  • The Following expansion (including a new story, new map, and vehicle)
  • The Bozak Horde
  • Crash Test Skin Pack
  • Ultimate Survivor Bundle
  • and Cuisine & Cargo
In order to access the free content, players just need to launch Dying Light, and choose the DLC Packs option from the main menu. From there, it's a simple case of downloading the new content that you want to play.
https://www.xboxachievements.com/new...for-free-.html
Old 06-29-22, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Finished up the Base game this morning at almost 48 HRS. Loved the parkouring was the best part of the game. The skills you unlock made the game ridiculously easy with camouflage and snapping zombies necks made any tense situation a cake walk

I already have DL2 Downloaded. Can't wait to play it.
Old 05-11-23, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

I've gotten to buying the first games in series. Just got Dying Light Definitive Edition cheap. May or may not get dl2. I hear dl1 hits all the itches and there's no need for 2.