Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews
 



Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-13, 12:44 PM   #1
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 6,693
Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)



You can see some of "Dead Island in this but the details are pretty good. Game will be in 1080P. At the 7:30 mark it gets a bit interesting as it turns into night.
__________________
XBox 360 -BuzzZaw66
PSN -BuzzZaw82

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 12:48 PM   #2
Groucho
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 69,530
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

I cried.
__________________
Xbox Live: Runner Groucho
PSN: RunnerGroucho

"The Borg is a species" -- Tracer Bullet (Citation)
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 12:52 PM   #3
Deftones
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 72,034
Re: PS4 - Daylight from Dead Island Dev's

Um, it's called Dying Light and it's not PS4 exclusive.
__________________
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

"You are everything that's wrong with this forum".---SleepyW
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 01:04 PM   #4
Brent L
DVD Talk Legend
 
Brent L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 13,617
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

I saw a bunch of footage of this one on that horrible VGX show. From what I saw there it killed any interest I had in this game. It just felt so disorienting while watching the footage and just reminds me of Dead Island meets, say, Mirrors Edge. I love ME, but I'm no fan of the Dead Island series at all. It visually looks great, but the gameplay looks repetitive and boring as hell to me. Something seems off about it, the hit detection or something, I'm not sure. I want to like it, but I'll wait for reviews before deciding for sure, but so far I'm not too high on it anymore.
__________________
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Ummm, easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 01:55 PM   #5
M Polo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 920
Re: PS4 - Daylight from Dead Island Dev's

Yup, incoming on X1 as well.
__________________
Xbox LIVE = MAD Polo
PSN = MDPolo
Nintendo Network ID = MDPolo
8bitbrigade - A Community for Adult Gamers
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 02:02 PM   #6
Groucho
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 69,530
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Somehow there were two identical threads on this. I've merged them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 02:44 PM   #7
lopper
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
lopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,763
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent L View Post
I saw a bunch of footage of this one on that horrible VGX show. From what I saw there it killed any interest I had in this game. It just felt so disorienting while watching the footage and just reminds me of Dead Island meets, say, Mirrors Edge. I love ME, but I'm no fan of the Dead Island series at all. It visually looks great, but the gameplay looks repetitive and boring as hell to me. Something seems off about it, the hit detection or something, I'm not sure. I want to like it, but I'll wait for reviews before deciding for sure, but so far I'm not too high on it anymore.
Same here...kinda. I actually liked Dead Island, but I don't know that I want to play it again, even with all the free running nonsense.

I'll wait for reviews as well, but right now it's not on my must buy list.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 03:20 PM   #8
maxfisher
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,130
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Looks like a good time to me. FYI, Best Buy added this to their $10 RZ cert promo for preordering, along with Destiny, Watch Dogs, Elder Scrolls Online & South Park, as long as you preorder before 12/31. I went ahead and ordered it (and all of the others). Figured I'd lock in the post-promo and GCU $38 price and then cancel if something unsells me on it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 03:29 PM   #9
Decker
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 36,665
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Am I the only one completely disenfranchised with zombie games in general? I much prefer shooting smart, able-bodied bad guys who move in regular fashion rather than smashing in the heads of hordes of mindless lumbering zombies again and again. Seriously, I don't know if it's just me (I really never hear other folks complaining about it, so it might be just me), but the excessive gore and mindless repetition of unsatisfying zombie mutilation really bums me out and I just don't enjoy the entire sub-genre.
Taking out a deadly enemy sniper on the other side of a cityscape before he can get you? That's awesome in my book. Hitting yet another zombie over the head with a shovel until he drops? Not so much.
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 04:06 PM   #10
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,908
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfisher View Post
Looks like a good time to me. FYI, Best Buy added this to their $10 RZ cert promo for preordering, along with Destiny, Watch Dogs, Elder Scrolls Online & South Park, as long as you preorder before 12/31. I went ahead and ordered it (and all of the others). Figured I'd lock in the post-promo and GCU $38 price and then cancel if something unsells me on it.
Where is the new list at? All I see are the ones that they already removed from the program (AC4, BF4, etc).
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP • Playstation ID: Skillz247LP • Wii U: Skillz247LP • Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 05:10 PM   #11
maxfisher
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,130
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Where is the new list at? All I see are the ones that they already removed from the program (AC4, BF4, etc).
If you log in to MyBestBuy, it's under the list of offers. For some reason it's included under the general program, not under GCU.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 06:31 PM   #12
MoviePage
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 8,479
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Loved Dead Island. This will probably be a day one purchase.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 07:06 PM   #13
Music
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Manch Vegas, NH
Posts: 7,814
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Pre-Order and Purchase and Get Rewarded
Pre-order like a Groucho and get $10 in reward certificates for each select game you pre-order and purchase.
Offer expires: 12/31/2013
Take part in this My Best Buy exclusive offer. Pre-order and purchase select games and get $10 per game in reward certificates.1

Qualifying Titles

2014
South Park: Stick of Truth
The Elder Scrolls Online
Dying Light
Destiny
Watch_Dogs

See qualifying game street dates, minimum age and other requirements at BestBuy.com®.
__________________
XBOX LIVE | PSN | Nintendo Network: Music72

Last edited by Music; 12-10-13 at 07:44 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 07:15 PM   #14
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,908
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Thanks guys. Looks like I'm going to preorder Destiny and Watch_Dogs. They don't hit your card until it ships or ready for store pickup though, right?
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP • Playstation ID: Skillz247LP • Wii U: Skillz247LP • Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 07:38 PM   #15
Groucho
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 69,530
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Misread that as "pre-order like a chump".
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 07:44 PM   #16
Music
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Manch Vegas, NH
Posts: 7,814
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Yes... I can see how you would make that mistake...
__________________
XBOX LIVE | PSN | Nintendo Network: Music72
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 10:07 PM   #17
DthRdrX
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Pa
Posts: 10,596
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Am I the only one completely disenfranchised with zombie games in general? I much prefer shooting smart, able-bodied bad guys who move in regular fashion rather than smashing in the heads of hordes of mindless lumbering zombies again and again. Seriously, I don't know if it's just me (I really never hear other folks complaining about it, so it might be just me), but the excessive gore and mindless repetition of unsatisfying zombie mutilation really bums me out and I just don't enjoy the entire sub-genre.
Taking out a deadly enemy sniper on the other side of a cityscape before he can get you? That's awesome in my book. Hitting yet another zombie over the head with a shovel until he drops? Not so much.
I just wish they would make a zombie game based more around exploration and basic survival needs. It would be something different for a change. This game looks interesting to me but the night part looks like it is going to be frustrating to find your way out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-13, 07:59 AM   #18
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,908
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Misread that as "pre-order like a chump".
Not sure what that's supposed to mean, but if you see a better offer than $47.99 + a $10 reward cert please let us know.
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP • Playstation ID: Skillz247LP • Wii U: Skillz247LP • Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-13, 03:05 PM   #19
Music
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Manch Vegas, NH
Posts: 7,814
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music View Post
Pre-Order and Purchase and Get Rewarded
Pre-order like a Groucho and get $10 in reward certificates for each select game you pre-order and purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Misread that as "pre-order like a chump".
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Not sure what that's supposed to mean, but if you see a better offer than $47.99 + a $10 reward cert please let us know.

It is very easy for that to happen... he wasn't being negative...
__________________
XBOX LIVE | PSN | Nintendo Network: Music72
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-13, 03:42 PM   #20
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,908
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)



I'm not sure how I missed that
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP • Playstation ID: Skillz247LP • Wii U: Skillz247LP • Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-13, 07:59 PM   #21
Oliver Clothesoff
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Illadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,969
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Thanks guys. Looks like I'm going to preorder Destiny and Watch_Dogs. They don't hit your card until it ships or ready for store pickup though, right?
actual I'm pretty sure they'll hit your card with a temp charge on a monthly basis just to ensure funds are still available. it may be more frequent than that... it's been a while since I preordered anything from Best Buy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-13, 09:56 PM   #22
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,908
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

I'm OK with a temp charge. I just don't want to be charged now for a game that doesn't come out for 9 months.
__________________
Xbox Gamertag: Skillz 247 LP • Playstation ID: Skillz247LP • Wii U: Skillz247LP • Wii Code: 3960 3828 1411 7474
My Blu Ray Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-14, 11:25 AM   #23
chuckd21
DVD Talk Legend
 
chuckd21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,698
re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 2015)

Delayed to February 2015.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-14, 12:12 PM   #24
Dan
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: More drinks, more fun!
Posts: 14,142
Re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 201

Balls! I never did get around to DI: Riptide, but I had a lot of fun with Dead Island. Hopefully the delay means some significant improvements. I'm still looking forward to this one.
__________________
"...you've taken a side in an ideological battle, while pretending all the way
that you're simply defending the supposedly neutral value of free speech.
Don't think we don't notice which instances of speech you choose to defend." - Contrapoints
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14, 09:42 AM   #25
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 6,693
Re: Dying Light (from Dead Island Devs -- PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One -- Feb 201

Be The Zombie trailer.....

__________________
XBox 360 -BuzzZaw66
PSN -BuzzZaw82

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 AM.

...
Rules - DVD Talk - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0