Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PC Gaming Thread

Old 06-20-21, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 248 Likes on 186 Posts
Re: PC Gaming Thread

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
...real reason for PC was to give the XBox PC game pass a go while looking at Steam and Epic for deals...
Is Xbox Game Pass Cloud Streaming an option? You'd need "Game Pass Ultimate", not just the PC edition, but as long as you have fast enough broadband and no data caps, you can use nearly any PC to game:
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/cloud-gaming

If you don't already have any Xbox Game Pass subscription, you can save some money converting a Xbox Live Gold subscription over to Game Pass Ultimate. Scroll down to "The best Xbox Game Pass Ultimate deal around" section on this site:
https://www.techradar.com/deals/chea...s-deals-prices

Last edited by Jay G.; 06-20-21 at 08:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (06-21-21)
Old 06-20-21, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 362 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Even on Cyberpower's Site, anything with a RTX and RX says ..."Allow a extra 2 weeks"...a few even show 4 weeks. I checked Newegg and basically all the newer line cards are Sold Out; you can get the RTX 16 and 20 series still but they're marked up almost double what the suggested price was 1-2 years ago....and sure many like PS5's are ending up on EBay. Thankfully there's not a lot of games out right now I wanting to play...real reason for PC was to give the XBox PC game pass a go while looking at Steam and Epic for deals...the PS4 is still humming but the writing is on the wall that newer games coming...at end of year thru next year...are being made with the New Gen in mind and taking advantage of the new Cards Tech. We'll still be able to play but we'll be getting the "Lite Versions".....
The cards are rarely "in stock" for long (outside of bundles) but they release them like the PS5/Series X stock, and they aren't quite as difficult to get in that manner. You just have to be on the right site at the right time (ie: follow tweets)

The chip shortage is definitely a pain in the ass, I bought a new system with a 2070 Super over a year ago for $1100, and somehow it's worth about the same still.

I've managed to get a PS5 and Xbox Series X (for a friend) in the last week and have seen the RTX cards more easily available, so hopefully we're turning a corner.

Last edited by RichC2; 06-20-21 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-21-21, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2 View Post
The cards are rarely "in stock" for long (outside of bundles) but they release them like the PS5/Series X stock, and they aren't quite as difficult to get in that manner. You just have to be on the right site at the right time (ie: follow tweets)

The chip shortage is definitely a pain in the ass, I bought a new system with a 2070 Super over a year ago for $1100, and somehow it's worth about the same still.

I've managed to get a PS5 and Xbox Series X (for a friend) in the last week and have seen the RTX cards more easily available, so hopefully we're turning a corner.

I was hoping to see some in the prime Day Deals on Amazon...they have a lot of PC Components & Parts; basically everything one would need for a PC Build...EXCEPT...Video Cards....looking around I can pick up a Case, MB, PS, CPU, SSD for even or less than the Video Card alone...that's just sad....guess to continue to try PS5 and watch Cyberpower Deals and read PC gaming hardware stuff in hopes demand will go down. I did look at Ebay...yep, alot of Retail RTX 3070, 3080, 3090 and RX6000 series up for sale. I hope they along with those who bought the PS5 and XB Series X are stuck with them...
Old 06-21-21, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 362 Likes on 282 Posts

I'm sure Amazon will have graphic cards in stock for maybe the same amount of time they'll have the PS5 or Series X in stock.

https://www.antonline.com/evga/graphicscards/bundles
K&AJones (06-21-21)
Old 06-21-21, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well...maybe more good news coming but I'm willing to bet it's still going to take awhile till we see normal prices...

Nvidia and AMD graphics cards drop to around 190% of their list price ....Nvidia and AMD graphics cards drop to around 190% of their list price | PCGamesN

....sounds great except for...it dropped to a whopping 190% above their List price from 233%....good grief....guess I'll keep waiting. I was looking around PC Stuff YouTube Videos and someone back late last year posted a review of a Cyberpower PC they ordered on Black Friday...had a Ryzen 7 and AMD RX6700...the PC costs him under $1300.00...can't touch one for less than $1700 now...
Old 06-22-21, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

TruGolf, developers of professional golf simulators made up by a lot of the old Links developers are releasing a golf game for the PC called Links E6. Sounds like the game is going to be free and come with 5 courses, then with additional course packs available to buy as DLC.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1620750/Links_E6/

Links 386 Pro was my favorite golf game so I'm pretty excited.
Phodg (06-23-21)
Old 06-27-21, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 248 Likes on 186 Posts

GOG is delisting a few games:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/ul...elisting/page1
Wed like to inform you that, on publisher's request, Ultima Underworld 1+2, Syndicate Plus and Syndicate Wars will be delisted from our catalog on Monday, June 28th, 1 PM UTC.

For everyone who purchased the titles prior to delisting, they will remain in their GOG library.
The games are on sale for $1.49 right now.
Old 07-02-21, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I decided to order a SSD for the current PC for games Only...it can handle a lot out there, maybe not the latest intensive ones but ones I'm looking at during the Steam July 4th Weekend Sale .... Welcome to Steam (steampowered.com)

I've been wanting to get and try grim Dawn and now it's like 75% off at like $8.00....I chat with a friend in UK who has been playing Warhammer inquisitor Martyr and he got The Last Epoch which is on sale...just 20% off and raves about it. My current PC just has a Intel 5i, 32GB Ram and a EVGA GTX 1060 6gb...some pretty good deals in the Store though...

Last edited by K&AJones; 07-02-21 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-04-21, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Bought Horizon Zero Dawn on sale last week. Love it. Should have bought it a while ago.