DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/615288-warframe-pc-ps4-xb1-ninjas-play-free.html)

K&AJones 12-30-13 08:10 AM

re: Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Originally Posted by flashburn (Post 11961310)
Pretty sure Chess just idles in the Warframe menu all day. -ptth-

:lol:...that are getting with accountants to manage that insane inventory and credit stash he has...plus you probably need to be a member of "The Prime Club"...-rolleyes-

I may take a page from Chess and revisit Rino. valkyr has been ok but really doesn't have that go-to bread & butter large-single-smackdown ability like Mag, Nova or even Rino.I'll probably get her to 30 and then move on; hopefully to a Frost Prime. I have all the parts for Banshee, Trinity and Ember but only Ember has any interest. I read over at the wiki site there is a long post on Ember after Update 11 with it split on if she is good or bad to have. For now it's Nova on Tower runs though.

foxdvd 12-30-13 08:38 AM

My friend plays the nova. He has Stretch maxed on it along with Overextended. The range is huge. He does loose some strength on the explosions with overextend, but that is made up for the fact that the actual explosions overlap (30 meters) The double damage and 50% slow are not effected by overextended and that is the true power of that skill. Then he tops if off with a maxed fleeting expertise and 25% streamline (it was so worth doing those 15 corrupted runs to get that fleeting)...so it only cost 25 mana to cast. It is stupid how much this helps the team.

chess 12-30-13 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by foxdvd (Post 11961342)
My friend plays the nova. He has Stretch maxed on it along with Overextended. The range is huge. He does loose some strength on the explosions with overextend, but that is made up for the fact that the actual explosions overlap (30 meters) The double damage and 50% slow are not effected by overextended and that is the true power of that skill. Then he tops if off with a maxed fleeting expertise and 25% streamline (it was so worth doing those 15 corrupted runs to get that fleeting)...so it only cost 25 mana to cast. It is stupid how much this helps the team.

I'm new to her, so I haven't fully optimized her...haven't even forma'd her yet, but that sounds like a great setup.

I'd really like to get Fleeting Expertise for her, because I don't think her powers are affected by duration, or if they are, it's kind of irrelevant. I'm less sure about Overextended though. I feel like her range with a maxed Stretch is already kind of silly, and I'm not positive I'd want to take the power hit to increase it. I'm also thinking that I'd rather use the slot for something more defensive.

Right now, from memory, I'm using Focus/Flow/Streamline/Stretch for offense and Redirection/Vigor for defense. Fleeting would be a great addition, so I guess I'm either going down the corrupted rabbit hole or buying my first mod for platinum.

chess 12-30-13 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 11961324)
:lol:...that are getting with accountants to manage that insane inventory and credit stash he has...plus you probably need to be a member of "The Prime Club"...-rolleyes-

I may take a page from Chess and revisit Rino. valkyr has been ok but really doesn't have that go-to bread & butter large-single-smackdown ability like Mag, Nova or even Rino.I'll probably get her to 30 and then move on; hopefully to a Frost Prime. I have all the parts for Banshee, Trinity and Ember but only Ember has any interest. I read over at the wiki site there is a long post on Ember after Update 11 with it split on if she is good or bad to have. For now it's Nova on Tower runs though.

Want credits and primes? Just do Tower runs. :)

I'm building Valkyr, but I have a feeling I'm going to leave her in the foundry for a good while. Rhino is the bread and butter frame IMO. With that speed helmet, his survivability is off the charts, and he's the best "medic" in the game with iron skin and stomp.

For tower runs, I usually run Rhino with Vanguard on Exterminate or Capture (stomp freezes the target), Frost Prime on Defense or Mobile Defense (giant shield), and now Nova for Survival.

foxdvd 12-30-13 09:41 AM

The nova as blast does 800 damage so when they are primed its 1600 damage in a 15 m radius. If you use an overextended with stretch the gain is not really the original effect but the actual explosion when they blow up. His damage per explosion drops to 500 so 1000 on primed enemies. The blast thoug doubles to 30 meters. This causes much more overlap on the explosions.. As for fleeting it has no negative effect on duration of prime. It still last 60 seconds.

K&AJones 12-30-13 09:53 AM

I cannot remember just how my Nova is set but I do have Flow, Focus, Streamline and Stretch maxed out but I don't have the Overextended Mod. While doing a Tower run yesterday on survival I used the Molecular Prime and got pretty much everyone in a room including the second floor. If not for overall kill only it's a great escape-get-the-hell-out-here attribute. I think I've touched Wormhole a few times. Null Star is actually a bit fun when on the move through congested areas. It does good on weak enemies but just stuns later on but gives a few seconds while running away.

I've got a question on using the Proc Elemental Chance Mods for weapons. I've been reading more of the wiki damage especially the use of combos and elemental. According to what I've read with the update 11 the use of the "% Chance" mods should be really considered since it's not a given elemental or combo damage actually happens. Has anyone heard of or tested this out? Also it does appear that where and what order the mods placed does have an effect relative to the Mod before and after it and going from top left to bottom right in the slots.

PS Chess...there is an interesting thread over at the official Warframe PS4 forums on "Valkyr's Upcoming Fixes" that might be worth a look. Seems a great deal out there have voiced their displeasure on her mediocre abilities. I'm not going to ditch her quite yet but a wait & see approach.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.ph...re-lackluster/

flashburn 12-30-13 12:10 PM

Guys, there are four of us now... we should try to coordinate some runs! Fox, what's your PSN name?

K&AJones 12-30-13 02:53 PM

Great idea flash..except I thought Fox plays WF on the pc. I did request his PSN.

...but Halleluiah!!!...the Warframe Gods finally smiled upon me and I'm now (or at least will be in about four days)a member of "The Prime Club".

...I came on for lunch and decided to take a quick look on the boards thinking I could do one or two simple tower runs. The second message came up asking for T3 ext and I replied, got the invite and BAM!.."unable to connect, session full". A few minutes later another asking for setup details which I sent, got a invite and BAM!..."connection error". Then out of the blue got a invite thinking well maybe and the next thing I know I'm doing exterminate on Mercury. About ready to give up someone posts "T3 Ext team Needed" and ask for and get an invite. We fly through it almost like a T2 and WAM-O!!!...get the Frost Prime Systems. So everything is in the cooker....what a relief!

I'm all up for doing some farm runs and in fact if I knew we could do it consistently I'd build a Trinity for support. By the way Flash if you still need that Streamline let me know.

chess 12-31-13 09:41 AM

Spent most of the evening doing Orokin Derelict runs. Once you understand how it works, it's surprisingly easy and is a really cool concept IMO with the different keys. Flash, I have some keys built if you want a tutorial and to do a few runs. I have everything I need, but I might as well use the keys.

K&A got his Overextended (and me too, obviously), but I was really trying to get Fleeting Expertise. Luckily, I got on with some randoms later, and one of them had a spare Fleeting that he traded me. I also got most of the rest, including some that might get regular rotation like Corrupt Charge and Spoiled Strike for the Galtine, 2 Heavy Calibers for Soma and Dethcube, Magnum Force for whatever pistol I finally settle on, Vicious Spread for Carrier and Narrow Minded.

Fox, thanks for the tips on Nova. A few thoughts:
  • The more I look at Overextended, the better it looks, and I'm thinking I could use it instead of Stretch and use Focus with it to offset the power strength penalty.
  • With a maxed Fleeting and a level 2 Streamline, I have my efficiency maxed, and it costs 25 energy to cast Molecular Prime...perhaps the most devastating attack in the game. So I'm thinking Flow might be unnecessary, and in fact, it hurts me sometimes if I get disrupted because it wastes more energy drops refilling it. Hell, I'm even beginning to wonder whether E Siphon is the best mod for her because she's so efficient.
  • I ended up doing a second Forma on Nova last night, and I leveled her back to 12 in one game of defense on Xini. :lol: I have a feeling she'll get at least one more Forma after that, if for no other reason than it's really absurdly easy to level her back up.
  • I also got a helmet blueprint for her right before I went to bed from an alert mission, so that was a good note to end on.
Last but not least, I finished the night running a survival on Pluto where Split Chamber popped at the 20 minute mark, and then we did some nightmare runs where I finally got Flashburn his Hammer Shot, as promised. I also sold the E Siphon from yesterday morning's alert for 100 platinum. Sorry Flash, offer was too good to pass up. It'll pop up on alert again. Hell, that's my third one. I also got an interesting rare mod in the derilects called Rage that converts health loss to energy, which seems like it could be useful for getting out of tough spots, particularly for somebody like Rhino. If you ever get past my massive shield, there will always be a Rhino Stomp waiting for you! :lol:

chess 12-31-13 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by foxdvd (Post 11961342)

Reading this again, I'm doing almost the exact same thing. And I hadn't considered the increased overlap. :up:

I'll give that some thought and experiment with it. So he maxes Stretch and Fleeting and then levels their counterparts high enough to hit the cap for efficiency and range? Makes sense, and I'm looking at doing the same, though I'm wondering whether I should have maxed the Fleeting I got. It works that way for Nova, but it makes the mod less usable for other frames.

foxdvd 12-31-13 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by chess (Post 11962352)
Reading this again, I'm doing almost the exact same thing. And I hadn't considered the increased overlap. :up:

I'll give that some thought and experiment with it. So he maxes Stretch and Fleeting and then levels their counterparts high enough to hit the cap for efficiency and range? Makes sense, and I'm looking at doing the same, though I'm wondering whether I should have maxed the Fleeting I got. It works that way for Nova, but it makes the mod less usable for other frames.

Yeah I need another fleeting because of that reason. By maxing it I can only really use it on my Nyx and my Nova.

I have been playing more and more on my ps4, so I have a lot of good stuff now on it that I think I can bring to the team. Foxdvd is my username. I play with 2 other guys a lot so I might not be able to play in a group from time to time, but when I am alone I am down for anything.

chess 12-31-13 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by foxdvd (Post 11962388)
Yeah I need another fleeting because of that reason. By maxing it I can only really use it on my Nyx and my Nova.

I have been playing more and more on my ps4, so I have a lot of good stuff now on it that I think I can bring to the team. Foxdvd is my username. I play with 2 other guys a lot so I might not be able to play in a group from time to time, but when I am alone I am down for anything.

I have duplicates of most "common rares", so I could probably help you gear up a bit.

Will get a friend invite out tonight. Look for frizby.

K&AJones 12-31-13 11:39 AM

Thanks for the Derelict runs Chess...not bad at all and actually a bit more simpler than some of the normal tower runs. I can do more of these but really need T1&2 Capture. So i'll try to hit some defend missions for more keys and chances.

I did manage to land the "Nova Helmet" on an alert and WTH...might as well since she's becoming a main due to her Molecular Prime and speed.

Got a few invites this morning to do Derelict runs but we only had two or three of us and missed on 3-4 matches. It was weird though but the last one we did we got the "Scans indicate no other life forms detected..." message and started to head to the extraction and damn if we didn't come under fire from the regular Tower Troops...and all I had was made for Infested. think I landed Hollow Point(?)

2.5 days till Frost Prime...

Built and using the Dual Zorens. I really wanted the Claive but I'm hurting for Orokin Cells and need to farm some.

And if Fox and Chess get on thsis evening and maybe Flash be cool if we could do some running....just a thought.

flashburn 12-31-13 07:21 PM

I keep missing you guys it seems. I'm going to log on in like 30 minutes, so hopefully we can run some stuff.

Mok 12-31-13 08:38 PM

Looks like it's coming to the XB1 it got rated for it today.

K&AJones 01-01-14 07:51 AM

I'm reading the Wiki on the Corrupted Mods and see Chess's point on being really valuable for the right character and ability .Narrow Minded is made for Frost and probably a few others...even Valkyr's Hysteria. I can see Blind Rage and Fleeting Expertise being excellent additions. Next time we run...I'll stay away from Chess when he's near walls.

...and Flash; I'll trade you a Key if you happen to have that RARE Ammo Drum.

Chess...on the Overextend Mod maxed out it's 90% Range but -60% Power Strength. Since I'm stuck with a maxed Focus for added Power Strength at +30% does that make the Range 90% & Power Strength -30%? I 'm really wanting to see with the Corrupted Mods that you can use a normal Mod to counter their one negative.

...and Flash...take a look at the Wiki on that Fragor Hammer. It has the highest Impact damage than all the other melee (35), a overall damage at (50), a 5m of area of effect and a charged damage of (200). Against Corpus it should be dropping them like fly's.
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Comparison

....I"ve got a Amphis and Lantron going and be ready tonight...

....I went ahead and got a Ember cooking. Kind of WTH, have the parts, something different and will play with her on Infested and some Grineer.

....good little run on T1 Survival. It's soooo much better when having a coordinated team. Talk about crowd control...Need to get Flash on and do a four player run.

...looked up the Heavy Caliber corrupted mod...Yikes!!...tops out at a 165% Damage increase but with a -55% accuracy but still...I hate to see the cost on leveling this up.

...what's the best and quickest way to level up a Frame? Not totally but just to the point of adding some mods to help out.

K&AJones 01-03-14 07:18 AM

Good times last night though I'm sure everyone wished we got better loot...same mod back-to-back on Derelict was unlucky.

I'm sure this might be known but I dug into weapon damage on the wiki a bit more. mine really took a nose-dive at higher strength enemies and need to look into why.

As excited as I was with getting the corrupted High Caliber mod for it's insane 165% damage but with -55 accuracy I found the Serration Mod (Rifle Damage) maxes out to the same 165%.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Serration

But the real gem is this can be stacked with Heavy Caliber and the Faction Mods (Bane of ***) for a max damage of 440%.

So with my Gorgon doing Impact damage 20 x 165% the damage increases to 53 using a maxed Serration Mod
With a maxed High Caliber + Serration = 330% x 20 = 86 damage.

FWIW...I found this topic on the wiki site on calculating the formulas of damage with specific mods...factions, weapon type, base damage, elemental, etc...it's a good read and shows how far I'm off understanding and doing the load outs on all my weapons.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Faction_Damage_Mods

flashburn 01-03-14 08:54 AM

Just remember, they changed Damage 2.0 (Damage 2.1?) with one of the patches we don't have yet on PS4, so a lot of that damage info against specific types doesn't apply yet.

flashburn 01-03-14 11:44 AM

Chess, you ignoring me on PSN again. ;)

Where's the best place to farm for Split Chamber?

K&AJones 01-03-14 12:17 PM

I'm home for lunch but I thought he was "not" getting messages thru PSN...the "tests" he did yesterday. I'm on now checking my Frost Prime and I'll send him something thru the game...

...need to see if ya'll can babysit me on a few missions so I cn level him up tonight.

chess 01-03-14 02:24 PM

Not ignoring you, just didn't see a message. And FWIW, the in-game messages clear between maps, so I can see you sent me something, but I can't see what it was. I'm having a bite for lunch but will be back on in a bit.

Split Chamber farming is usually that survival I showed you on Pluto...name escapes me.

flashburn 01-03-14 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by chess (Post 11965617)
Not ignoring you, just didn't see a message. And FWIW, the in-game messages clear between maps, so I can see you sent me something, but I can't see what it was. I'm having a bite for lunch but will be back on in a bit.

Split Chamber farming is usually that survival I showed you on Pluto...name escapes me.

I didn't send anything in game, it was through PSN. Just making sure PSN isn't acting up again.

I'll check out the Pluto one, but I don't have anything there unlocked yet.

flashburn 01-03-14 04:10 PM

I made the mistake of trying this on the PC. Man, I think I've been playing this on the wrong platform. Everything is so much better. The game loads everything in a second or less, the graphics look amazing, and it gets updated so much more often. I'm seriously going to have to reconsider playing on the PS4. Who's with me? :lol:

chess 01-03-14 05:28 PM

You should have it unlocked flash. We've played it at some point.

No PC gaming for me...just not my bag.

flashburn 01-03-14 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by chess (Post 11965774)
You should have it unlocked flash. We've played it at some point.

No PC gaming for me...just not my bag.

I'll double check, but I looked this morning and everything appeared locked.

What's wrong with PC gaming?

I'm in a bit of a conundrum, I'll probably still play on PS4, but I might focus on PC. Only thing that sucks is restarting from scratch though.