Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 10-31-18, 12:09 PM   #1251
Music
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Fallout 4

I played the beta and I am all set.

Canceled my pre-order.

It is just like Fallout 4 from my hour of gameplay, but now you have random people running around that takes you out of the experience. (I also couldn't wait to get back to RDR 2, so that might have helped)

I supposed it is a good game if you have a lot of friends playing it together, but I'm not paying full price for this and have other games for my time.
Old 10-31-18, 12:51 PM   #1252
Wolf359
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good to know, Music. I'll cancel as well.
Old 10-31-18, 01:07 PM   #1253
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, that's what took me out of Elder Scrolls online - all these random people running around doing the same shit as me. That's a game killer to me.
Old 10-31-18, 10:46 PM   #1254
Ginwen
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was undecided, but after playing the Beta I like it. Where there are other people I mostly barely see them, and other than that, it’s just playing Fallout with a few differences and some armed Zombies. I love hanging out in Fallout-Land, so at this point I’m sure I’ll get enough gameplay to be worth it. I spent last night mostly just slowly working my way through one area (because if I went fast I died) including about 15-20 minutes in one building where I saw no one. Actually only saw 2-3 or so all night, and that was for like 30 seconds each time—i think one guy saved my ass so that was good.

I was playing on my cancelled pre-order (since I got a code when I ordered) and now re-ordered it.
Old 11-01-18, 09:14 AM   #1255
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Probably time for a separate topic for Fallout 76 now....

I didn't get in the PS4 the other night but a friend did. They didn't get the dreaded PvP Experience that has been a major fire on the official Fallout 76 Forums at Bethesda.....

https://bethesda.net/community/categ...ral-discussion

The Beta opened up to Ps4 and PC players the other day and the bulk of topics and talk was with PC Player involving all sorts of issues; seemed mainly technical. But I have watched closely this past week seeing what XBox players were saying & experiencing....and right off the bat it's been the PvP & PvE mingling in the game causing a Hot Button Issue...

I'm going to play as much as I can of the game wanting to see first hand the PvP part, re-spawning, enemies, loot, others in the same area, crafting...just generally taking it thru as many paces I can do. But I'm not going to base my choice on a few nights of play. So far the verdict has been a mix bag but it is in a early Beta Form.

I for one just don't think that a "True" PvP and PvE experience can share the same space while making everyone happy. I made the comment on a topic that if this model worked, you see a lot of games out there with it...but you don't. It's been mentioned that the map is four times larger than the Fallout 4 map and only 24 players can be on there at a given time. But the fact remains it's still part PvP & PvE which both have separate goals in mind. Already seeing "We Need More PvP" calls along with "We Want A Real PvE Fallout Game"....think Bethesda opened a real can of worms(issues) going this route...

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
Old 11-02-18, 09:13 AM   #1256
K&AJones
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got in the beta last night but more of less just explored a bit and trying a few different things. Leveling up as fast as I could was not a priority...I saw several at Level 8-10. I need to play it more since the timer came up right before I was about to hit Level 5.

But this morning looking around on game sites for more on the Beta, I came on one from Pushsquare that pretty much summed up a majority of what I got from my first night. In a nutshell, I felt it more like a Fallout 4 massive expansion with a far brighter color palette with Fall Colors. There's instances everywhere where it seems it's a "Copy & Paste" from Fallout 4.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/..._the_full_game

"If there's nothing wrong with me, then there must be something wrong with the universe" -Dr. Crusher-Star Trek
Old 11-13-18, 12:25 PM   #1257
Redeyejoker

Anyone pre order the armor edition from Best Buy? Shows delivery date by tomorrow but still no tracking number.om skeptical