Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Fallout 4

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-17, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fallout 4

Where else can I buy a house besides Diamond City?
Old 10-20-17, 08:30 PM

The Game of the Year Edition doesn't include the DLC on the disc. It's the same old disc with a voucher inside the box that includes the code to download the extra content.
Old 12-23-17, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i can't seem to figure out how to add perks. I have an intelligence of 8. but the perks below it says "requires INT 1". what am i doing wrong? I am level 5 and have only 1 perk.
Old 12-23-17, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by timewaster
i can't seem to figure out how to add perks. I have an intelligence of 8. but the perks below it says "requires INT 1". what am i doing wrong? I am level 5 and have only 1 perk.
Go to your perks chart. On the X axis all the attributes are listed. Move over to Int and move down the Y axis. If you have an Int of 8 you can take any up to and including level 8. You need not take all of them or take them in sequence. Does that help?
Old 12-23-17, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

im only able to put points in the first row (SPECIAL) skills. all other rows are greyed out
Old 12-24-17, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hmm. never mind. it works now. maybe u need to reach a certain level to add perks?
Old 12-26-17, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

what are some of the must have or important perks?

also, i find money difficult to accumulate. I always have to buy ammo and radaway. will this be ongoing? I'm level 13
Old 12-26-17, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

also, i find money difficult to accumulate. I always have to buy ammo and radaway. will this be ongoing? I'm level 13
Depends on your playstyle but charisma, lock picking and hacking work well.You need to scrounge for items and sell them to the vendors
Old 12-27-17, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

As for money...at the start and even later on the best thing to do is collect any and everything you can grab and sell it. Also expand your stash/bag so you can haul more stuff to sell. But...there are some things that you do and will need to make vital parts later on and it might surprise you what some are....

Depending on your strength will allow you to carry more weight...and guns add weight but can fetch decent prices. Even ammo you don't use is good to sale or trade for. Later on there are potions...and even a perk that allows haggling over getting more $$$ on sales.

As to Perk Points...as Brian said it depends on your playstyle and even weapon of choice. Pick what YOU want to be and then look up the Perk Chart to see how it's laid out. There are several perks that I would deem important but it's all up to you.
Old 12-28-17, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

do the enemies level up with you?
I hope not. Im getting my ass kicked by those super mutants.
Old 12-29-17, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

do the enemies level up with you?
I hope not. Im getting my ass kicked by those super mutants.
No, however, you should look online for a scale map. The enemies (all of them) are higher level the farther you travel from your original home and they are the highest in the wasteland zones
Old 12-29-17, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

As Brian said...the game wants you to explore alright...just not too far too fast. Again, it goes back to your playstyle along with perks and weapon(s) of choice. For me, I went with the Rifle perk to get as much damage as possible distance wise while zeroing in on perks to help me withstand damage while not being to Tanky & Slow. The other part you will need to look at...and goes back to gathering any & everything is upgrading your armor. A good Chest is a must but you can mix & match various pcs to help out against certain foes. Just be careful as to getting ones that weigh you down too much.
Old 12-30-17, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks for all the hints. I tend also to snipe away from a distance and chose the rifle perk.
Old 12-30-17, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for all the hints. I tend also to snipe away from a distance and chose the rifle perk.
Shotguns are included with rifle and do great closeup damage.

Don't neglect sneak as it is a 2x damage multiplier. Other perks also enhance sneak damage. Been a while but as I recall it, with the right perks you can get 5x or 6x base damage. My guy could one shot deathclaws.

Always improve your guns. Improving the receiver greatly increases the damage they do.

I see you started a character with a lot of Int. That was important in New Vegas, not so much in this game. Chrisma was a throwaway stat in New Vegas but nearly essential here. You will need Local Leader perk to establish supply lines... fair warning.
Old 01-09-18, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Local Leader perk -
i didn't bother with the settlement building stuff.
it just seems like too much hassle.
also, i couldn't find settlers to assign crops to in one of the quest so i gave up on it.
Old 01-09-18, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Local Leader perk -
i didn't bother with the settlement building stuff.
it just seems like too much hassle.
also, i couldn't find settlers to assign crops to in one of the quest so i gave up on it.
I actually started liking it; you just have to watch how many start coming once a tower is put up. And when one had a few over I'd send them to another. And I'd give them better guns as wells. I had one outpost that I got "Outpost ### is under attack" and when I got there not one but two Deathclaws were attacking and a group of Minutemen were in the mix. Turret guns, settlers, Minutemen all blazing away and we took them down...it was hilarious....but the crops do come in handy.
Old 01-10-18, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

This might as well be settlement simulator for me.
Old 01-10-18, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i am probably overleveled now.
I was level 29 when starting the last 10 missions of the main quest (brotherhood of steel) and its quite easy now.
what level do most finished the game at?
Old 01-12-18, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

I am at level 55 and not even close to finishing it yet. I would guess I am maybe half completed.

Last edited by d2cheer; 01-12-18 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-12-18, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

You can always up the difficulty every time it starts getting too easy.

This might be my first and last Bethesda console game. I'm going back to PC. Still way too glitchy, and using mods to fix issues with the game disables achievements, which is annoying.

I was really far into the game, mostly using melee combat and noticed that my perception was lowered to one, and had been through many, many saves. Turns out it's been a glitch since the beginning in which your head gets crippled, then healed, but the stat never goes back to normal. I tried launching mini nukes at the ceiling to re-cripple my head dozens of times, but was never able to fix it without using a mod.
Old 07-19-18, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hello

I ended up getting the GOTY Bundle with Skyrim V.....In it I have the Vault 88 DLC which pretty much lets me totally revamp a Vault from top to bottom. I have tons of building options but I'm stuck at providing power. It shows I have 150 Power. However, in the large cave area that was under construction, I have no clue as to how to take power from the small completed area...it's like some large generator inside a control room...and transplant/use in the large unfinished area.

There's some new "Switch" in the switch/controller section that states..."When used it transfers power being used. It's like a flat control box with a pin for attaching a wire. I built a large temporary housing unit with lots of beds ....those pre-fab Vault Housing Units so I can reuse them but ended up using a Gas Generator until I can figure out how to route the existing power to the cave area. I've pulled up pictures of various Vault 88 Housing & Building but I cannot figure out the power part.

...and glad to be back in the game. It looks and plays good still and hard to imagine that Vault 76 will be four times larger with 16 times more detail....
Old 11-18-18, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Posts regarding Fallout 76 moved to a new thread:
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game...s4-xb1-pc.html
Old 11-19-18, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Decided to dust off Fallout 4 and play with a few mods. Shit had an almost 6GB update waiting for me and I was able to get the newer add-ons for free that I didn't already have, which includes Nuka Cola Town? For those that have the game, the PS store is giving them away for free until 11/26/18.
Old 11-19-18, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wonder then if it be better to call it...The Every & All Things of Fallout...PC, XB, PS4 ?

And with Fallout 76...another huge update.....

Gigantic Fallout 76 PS4 Patch 1.02 Out Now, Promises Better Performance and Is Almost as Big as the Game

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/...ig_as_the_game

...and finally...an official review....Pushsquare....http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/fallout_76 ...3/10

Last edited by K&AJones; 11-20-18 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-25-18, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

I started playing again this past week, because I added the DLC Nuka World map. All was going well until it was time to fight the guy in the power suit in the arena. There's a glitch where the door is supposed automatically open and let me in to fight the guy but it doesn't open and I am stuck there. I have the PS4 version and trying looking for a workaround and there doesn't seem to be one, which sucks. I'll have to just play the game and avoid Nuka World altogether.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.