DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Fallout 4 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/615236-fallout-4-a.html)

GoVegan 08-28-15 01:37 PM

Re: Fallout 4

Why do many articles about this game completely ignore Fallout: New Vegas? I've seen two articles which called it the first Fallout game in 8 or 9 years. Just because NV didn't use a number in the name?

GoVegan 08-28-15 02:01 PM

Actually, never mind. That question is essentially:

Why is clickbait video game journalism so bad?

nickdawgy 08-28-15 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Easy (Post 12573230)
Why? Computers are strongly preferred for this type game. There will be hundreds of mods for this game...not to mention patches.
I'm currently playing a game of FNV with a user mod... a fully voiced follower named "Willow". She is great... a really terrific mod.

Speaking of patches, has everyone forgotten the game breaking bugs in New Vegas? Why the rush to buy at release?

I never had the game breaking bugs. I'd rather play my games on console. Besides, didn't they say consoles are gonna be able to use mods soon anyway?

MoviePage 08-28-15 09:10 PM

Xbox One is getting mod support (for mods created on PC) soon after the Creation Kit is released for PC. They're "looking at" doing it for PS4 but no confirmation.

gerrythedon 09-09-15 01:29 PM

Fallout 4 $30 Season Pass Revealed

Bethesda has announced the 'All Access Granted' Season Pass for Fallout 4 today, which like all Season Passes will do exactly what a Season Pass should. It'll entitle you to all of the game's DLC as and when it drops, which Bethesda predicts will be worth at least $40.

"We've always done a lot of DLC for our games. We love making them and you always ask us for more. To reward our most loyal fans, this time we’ll be offering a Season Pass that will get you all of the Fallout 4 DLC we ever do for just $30," the announcement reads.

"Since we’re still hard at work on the game, we don’t know what the actual DLC will be yet, but it will start coming early next year. Based on what we did for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Skyrim, we know that it will be worth at least $40, and if we do more, you'll get it all with the Season Pass."

Fallout 4 will also be supported by "free regular updates", in much the same way as Skyrim's fixes and various features. And of course, there'll be mods galore for Xbox One first then PS4.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/imag...1441793847.jpg

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-22108-Fallout-4-$30-Season-Pass-Revealed.html

Dan 09-09-15 02:38 PM

Thank you for the UltraMegaHD(tm) image.

Osiris3657 09-09-15 02:53 PM

-insert Fry "take my money" meme here-

nickdawgy 09-09-15 07:11 PM

I don't do season passes but Fallout DLC is about as much of a must buy as you can get. I might go for this.

MoviePage 09-09-15 08:35 PM

"We don't know what the actual DLC will be yet," but please go ahead and pay us for it. The whole concept is pretty silly. On the other hand, Bethesda is one of the very few game developers I would trust to deliver worthwhile DLC (some of it, anyway).

Spiderbite 09-10-15 07:04 AM

The only problem with Fallout DLC is that I am usually tired of the game by the time I get to the DLC due to them packing so much into the main game. And that's a good thing.

fumanstan 09-10-15 09:54 AM

I've never bothered with Fallout DLC basically for that reason too. I already have the base game pre-ordered, I won't bother with the season pass until much later when it's discounted.

Raul3 09-10-15 01:13 PM

Yeah, I got more than 100 hours of FO3. And then another 100 or so of the DLC. Just for the 360 version. I've done some gaming in the PC version too, but it's less than 50 hours.

On the other hand, having the DLC ready to play the first day is always awesome.

d2cheer 09-10-15 01:38 PM

I hate download content. ADD it to the fucking game to begin with.

edstein 09-10-15 02:07 PM

I want the game now, not next year. I have no problem with DLC.

Osiris3657 09-22-15 02:27 PM

Theme song

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/khTwu14CXcA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NerfHerder 09-22-15 05:59 PM

So freakin' excited for this game! I never did fully complete FO3 or NV, but I'm determined to complete this one once it's out.

nickdawgy 09-22-15 10:40 PM

The Fallout themed Loot Crate is taking pre-orders tomorrow at 12 pst. Comes with a hoodie and Dogmeat plush among other things.

It's $100 though.

Spiderbite 09-23-15 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy (Post 12595530)
The Fallout themed Loot Crate is taking pre-orders tomorrow at 12 pst. Comes with a hoodie and Dogmeat plush among other things.

It's $100 though.

Yeah. 100 bucks is kinda steep. I paid that much for a Dead Space 3 crate several years ago that was straight from the developers and I felt it was worth it.

I am mulling this over. I will probably say fuck it and do it. It is just a one time buy, right? You don't have to create a subscription do you? I recently dumped my Nerd Block and Horror Block subs when I finally realized that I was just getting one time usage junk or throwing half of it away or selling it on ebay. They were fun to get each month but just weren't worth the money in my opinion.

Wolf359 09-23-15 11:23 AM

I was going to order it but after they showed that two items would be an ugly stuffed dog and an even uglier hoodie I'd never wear?! Nope. The hoodie is not even exclusive, it's $60 at the Bethesda store. Figure the dog is valued at $20 that only leaves $60 of supposed value there.

Spiderbite 09-23-15 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Wolf359 (Post 12596023)
I was going to order it but after they showed that two items would be an ugly stuffed dog and an even uglier hoodie I'd never wear?! Nope. The hoodie is not even exclusive, it's $60 at the Bethesda store. Figure the dog is valued at $20 that only leaves $60 of supposed value there.

Yeah. I think you convinced me to stay out of it. That hoodie is hideous and while it is unique, I can't see me actually wearing it anywhere. And I don't give a shit about a stuffed animal. :lol:

Spiderbite 09-23-15 11:56 AM

https://blu181.mail.live.com/Handler...1a970ee892.jpg

nickdawgy 09-23-15 01:58 PM

It'll probably sell out fast anyway.

nickdawgy 09-23-15 02:00 PM

Page is already slammed.

nickdawgy 09-23-15 02:07 PM

Lol. I was able to get in, and get to checkout, but it won't let me pay because I can't select a state to ship to. Fuck off, Loot Crate. Saved me $109.

Haha, people are getting timed out and seeing 2-3 charges on their card. One guy has seven.

Spiderbite 09-23-15 02:28 PM

Yeah, I was going to look at it but couldn't even get to the site. Must be a lot of people interested in it. I think I am still going to pass since I got in on one of the super-duper editions of the game anyway. The only good thing about this set is if you do get it and don't like it, you will likely make a decent amount on it on ebay (depending on how many they sell).