DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Fallout 4 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/615236-fallout-4-a.html)

Tracer Bullet 10-22-15 04:26 PM

Re: Fallout 4

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 12625110)
Yes. It's likely to download days in advance and have a countdown timer to 12:00 ET on release date when it will unlock.
If you buy it now (or have bought it recently) it would certainly be worth it to buy the SP as well to cross the $100 threshold for the period 10/6-11/3 and get $15 PSN credit back

Cool thanks!

MoviePage 10-22-15 07:18 PM

I instantly pre-ordered the sock version after seeing it. Mainly because of the rare instance of GCU working on a season pass, but also for the socks.

I'm also keeping my 2 Pip Boy edition pre-orders (1 for XB1, 1 for PS4).

Easy 10-24-15 12:16 PM

Anyone expect Black Friday deals on Fallout 4 (PC)...or is is too soon?
I have a 23% off coupon at Green Man and I'm thinking that may be as good as it gets for the immediate future. What do you think?

Ginwen 10-24-15 04:40 PM

The last one was at least 10, and maybe 20 off within a couple of weeks of coming out, so wouldn't surprise me, but I haven't seen anything official yet. This is the one game where I can't wait until it comes down a bit, I must have it the first day.

Raul3 10-25-15 12:29 AM

I think it's easier to get a good deal for any of the console versions, in BF, than for PC.

fumanstan 10-25-15 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Easy (Post 12626702)
I have a 23% off coupon at Green Man and I'm thinking that may be as good as it gets for the immediate future. What do you think?

I ordered off Green Man a couple months ago, I think any deal won't be lower then about $40 anyway which is about what the price was for me on PC too.

T-bone22 10-25-15 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Easy (Post 12626702)

I went ahead and bit on that deal from Green Man for the preorder. Can't wait!

Easy 10-25-15 12:01 PM

I hope "cdkeys.com" is legit. They have the preorder for $40... best price I could find.

nickdawgy 10-25-15 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Easy (Post 12627322)
I hope "cdkeys.com" is legit. They have the preorder for $40... best price I could find.

They're legit for Xbox Live cards at least.

fumanstan 10-25-15 08:30 PM

I ordered Batman Arkham Knight from cdkeys, they were fine.

mattysemo247 10-30-15 06:17 PM

After watching a couple of the unboxing videos of the Pipboy Edition, it looks kinda bulky and dumb. I think I'm going to cancel my Best Buy preorder and go with the socks version instead.

Decker 10-30-15 06:54 PM

Here's the IGN one :

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S1Z4aZ9Ujg4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I agree with you. It's okay, but looks a little crappy and cheap and I know I don't want that thing sitting on my desk and while the box is nice, can't imagine what I'd use it for.

My Nurse Practitioner's son is hugely into Fallout so I'll let him have my Best Buy preorder instead.

mattysemo247 10-30-15 08:39 PM

Yeah, I was thinking about asking a couple guys at work before I cancel to make sure no one wanted it. If I end up keeping it for one of them, and ordering the socks version for myself, will I get a $20 certificate instead?

Dan 10-30-15 10:19 PM

I'm keeping my pre-order for the Pip Boy Edition :shrug: why not.
But, amazon.ca still doesn't even have an estimated ship date for it.
Weird.

slop101 11-02-15 10:08 AM

Here's some leaked gameplay footage.

Graphics don't look too hot - in fact, it just looks like a last-gen game, only with higher resolution and better frame-rate. Textures, lighting, polygon count, facial animations, etc technical stuff; all of that looks like last gen. Art-design's still nice, and combat looks fun, so there's that...

chuckd21 11-02-15 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by slop101 (Post 12634319)

Graphics don't look too hot - in fact, it just looks like a last-gen game, only with higher resolution and better frame-rate. Textures, lighting, polygon count, facial animations, etc technical stuff; all of that looks like last gen. Art-design's still nice, and combat looks fun, so there's that...

No one plays Fallout games for the graphics.

flashburn 11-02-15 12:49 PM

And yet, none of this matters! (Plus it'll look better on PC ;))

Easy 11-02-15 01:14 PM

Leaked perk tree... or so I'm told.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...i9DSl4yyw/edit

Rival11 11-02-15 01:23 PM

I think it looks great :shrug:

mndtrp 11-02-15 01:25 PM

Pretty sure that's been the same kind of comment for the past two Fallout games, at least. Didn't bother me a bit.

chuckd21 11-02-15 01:27 PM

The graphics on that leaked perk tree are terrible.

Rival11 11-02-15 01:28 PM

Again, looks great to me...maybe you needed to see more??

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0lWNdcbq3EU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

slop101 11-02-15 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rival11 (Post 12634534)
Again, looks great to me...maybe you needed to see more??

Difference being that those are ads and/or marketing footage that are tweaked to look better - the leaked gameplay footage is straight up, un-tweaked gameplay, the first to surface.

RichC2 11-02-15 02:40 PM

Most Bethesda games have pretty blah graphics in my book (PC versions at least), it's about the size of the world and stuff to see and do, and trying to stay interested long enough for something interesting to happen. This looks fine.

Rival11 11-02-15 02:41 PM

All the leaked footage (of the shots inside the house) look exactly the same in the Pegi and other clips.

Not saying I'm right but for now I think the game will look great.

Lastly...There are a bunch of sites saying the videos leaked are of shitty quality to begin with...what the means in terms of what you're actually seeing (as it looked legit to me as well) I don't know but they are reporting (open world games are one of the sources) to not pay attention to the footage.

Who knows, I don't think I care now either because the game will be massive anyway.