Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Full HD Forza Motorsport 5 Thread (Xbox One)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Full HD Forza Motorsport 5 Thread (Xbox One)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-13, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Full HD Forza Motorsport 5 Thread (Xbox One)

This car list really is pathetic. No 2014 Corvette, the Grand Sport Corvette (among others) is missing too, no 2013 SRT Viper, Mercedes SLS AMG Black, only 6 Lambo's, etc. They try to hide the fact that the car list is so limited by not even having individual manufacturer "stores", it's just one big list.
Old 11-24-13, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I wonder if the reason is they were rushing to get the game out in time for launch? If so they should have the DLC packs for free for whatever the original intended car list was gonna be. Or they're just holding them all back for paid DLC. I would bet on the latter.
Old 11-24-13, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

Oh it's definitely the latter. They make a lot of their money off the DLC. Here's the article linked on the first page of this thread that explains it. They're nickle & diming their users to death.
Old 11-24-13, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Such a shame. I used to have a lot of respect for Turn 10, but these last few years haven't been very good.

One thing I can't complain about is the AI though, it's pretty solid. Nothing like GT's horrible "lets all drive the racing line" AI. I'm hoping they fix that for GT6, but I'm sure they haven't.
Old 11-25-13, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Loving the Drivatar element of this game; especially with the new friends/followers feature.
Old 11-25-13, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You actually believe Drivatard is real? I love how the intro video says something like "there no longer is AI in Forza, instead, there is DRIVATAR!!". So does that mean if you play offline the other cars just sit there? No, of course not.
Old 11-25-13, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Duh! Of course it is AI....

It is AI, but it is based off certain stats of actual people, instead of the developers creating some pseudo AI that follows a predetermined path all the time.
Old 11-25-13, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Music
Duh! Of course it is AI....

It is AI, but it is based off certain stats of actual people, instead of the developers creating some pseudo AI that follows a predetermined path all the time.
No dude, it's not AI! That's what the Forza Lady told me!

BTW, there's nothing to say AI needs to follow a pre-determined path... there's not much intelligence in that, is there? They didn't do that in the last Forza either.
Old 11-27-13, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Forza 5 developer drops car prices, increases credit payouts for Dec.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/27/51...ayouts-for-dec

Forza Motorsport 5 developer Turn 10 is making changes to the game's economy in response to feedback from players, the studio announced today on its website. Many of these changes will have an impact on the game's microtransactions and will affect what players can buy.

One of the biggest changes being introduced is the increase in credit paid out to players during the month of December. Players will be able to redeem rewards in the form of credits and cars for playing Forza, and these rewards will be "dramatically" increased compared to the game's usual offerings.

Starting this Friday, every car in the game will also be discounted by 50 percent. The discount will be available to all players and will be applicable from Friday Nov. 29 at 12:01 a.m. PT to Sunday Dec. 1 at 11:59 p.m. PT.

In addition, all Forza Motorsport 5 VIP members will receive the 2013 Lotus E21 grand prix car as a thank you for their support. Those who already have the vehicle will also receive the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO. And those who bought the LaFerrari Car Pack or the Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass will receive the 2013 LaFerrari as a gift directly into their in-game garage.

Turn 10 is also resolving a discrepancy in the game, which gifted owners of the Limited Edition with 1,250 in-game tokens so they could buy any car. As many players noted, there are a number of cars in the game that cost more that 1,250 tokens to purchase, so Turn 10 is giving owners of the game's Limited Edition a free choice of any of the on-disc cars in Forza Motorsport 5. The vehicle can be redeemed via ForzaMotorsport.net via a dedicated page that will no longer be available after Dec. 16.
Old 11-27-13, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21

Forza Motorsport 5 developer Turn 10 is making changes to the game's economy in response to feedback from players, the studio announced today on its website. Many of these changes will have an impact on the game's microtransactions and will affect what players can buy.

One of the biggest changes being introduced is the increase in credit paid out to players during the month of December. Players will be able to redeem rewards in the form of credits and cars for playing Forza, and these rewards will be "dramatically" increased compared to the game's usual offerings.

Starting this Friday, every car in the game will also be discounted by 50 percent. The discount will be available to all players and will be applicable from Friday Nov. 29 at 12:01 a.m. PT to Sunday Dec. 1 at 11:59 p.m. PT.

In addition, all Forza Motorsport 5 VIP members will receive the 2013 Lotus E21 grand prix car as a thank you for their support. Those who already have the vehicle will also receive the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO. And those who bought the LaFerrari Car Pack or the Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass will receive the 2013 LaFerrari as a gift directly into their in-game garage.

Turn 10 is also resolving a discrepancy in the game, which gifted owners of the Limited Edition with 1,250 in-game tokens so they could buy any car. As many players noted, there are a number of cars in the game that cost more that 1,250 tokens to purchase, so Turn 10 is giving owners of the game's Limited Edition a free choice of any of the on-disc cars in Forza Motorsport 5. The vehicle can be redeemed via ForzaMotorsport.net via a dedicated page that will no longer be available after Dec. 16.
I really think the damage is already done on this one.
Old 11-27-13, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starseed1981
I really think the damage is already done on this one.
Has it? I think a lot of people making noise about it on the internet aren't even Forza players, let alone Xbox One owners. The game itself is probably doing just fine.
Old 11-27-13, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was just bitching to someone about the low amount of credits given for winning races. Average for me is 5-6k credits, I've yet to see a single race give more than that. I've played for maybe 6-8 hours so far, and saved up a whopping 340,000 credits. Which wouldn't be too terrible if it wasn't for the fact that the credit amounts never seem to increase for the higher class races.

Why the fuck do they have to wait until December to do this? I thought they were bragging about how they could use "the cloud" to update this sort of stuff on the fly? Not to mention, they are only changing it because people are bitching about it, the low payouts were clearly done on purpose to try to get people to buy tokens.

I really hate how many races are in some of the series, yet the average number of laps for each race is only 2, it feels like I'm spending as much time sitting at loading screens than I am racing. This also makes the low number of tracks even more apparent. There also doesn't seem to be that many series. Especially when you look at how many series there are that need a very specific car to compete in. It really seems like I'll be at a point soon where I have to grind for money in order to buy a car to do a single series, and then be stuck grinding again right after this.

It's also pretty hilarious how big of an asshole all of the AI (oops, I mean drivatar) drivers are. Every race, the first turn, they are just smashing the shit out of each other (and me).

I was wrong about one thing, they do have the new SRT Viper in the game, just for some reason it's listed under Viper as a manufacturer instead.

Man, I bitch about this game a lot. The only reason is because I used to absolutely love this series, and it seems like its turning into complete shit. Oh well, GT6, one week away!
Old 11-27-13, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Has it? I think a lot of people making noise about it on the internet aren't even Forza players, let alone Xbox One owners. The game itself is probably doing just fine.
Go check out the official Forza forums (if you dare). People are pretty pissed, all round. These are the hardcore Forza fans too.
Old 11-27-13, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by flashburn
Why the fuck do they have to wait until December to do this? I thought they were bragging about how they could use "the cloud" to update this sort of stuff on the fly? Not to mention, they are only changing it because people are bitching about it, the low payouts were clearly done on purpose to try to get people to buy tokens.
Well to be fair, December is like 2 days away...
Old 11-27-13, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well to be fair, December is like 2 days away...
Yeah, but I'll be basically done playing by then, . Will it actually be up December 1st?

Kind of annoying, all cars will be 50% off over the weekend... too bad I bought a SLS AMG earlier today, I could of saved 120k.
Old 11-27-13, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That will teach you to burn through the game in a flash!
Old 11-27-13, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Music
That will teach you to burn through the game in a flash!
I'm sure I will not be finished with every race by then, just burned out on playing the game. There's just not enough there. Maybe I'll put it down for a few days, but GT6 is fast approaching.
Old 11-27-13, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_11_27_13

5) Finally, we’re dramatically increasing the credit payout available to all Forza players in December via Forza Rewards, our ongoing loyalty program that rewards players with credits and cars for playing Forza games. You’ll be able to redeem these rewards in December but here’s a tip: The higher your Tier level reaches before December rolls around, the better the rewards you’ll be able to redeem, so get your play time in now and level up!
Old 11-27-13, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nice, thanks Music, that makes me feel a bit better (especially since I'm playing right now).
Old 11-27-13, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
Man, I bitch about this game a lot. The only reason is because I used to absolutely love this series, and it seems like its turning into complete shit. Oh well, GT6, one week away!
That is exactly why I skipped over getting an Xbone(for now). I would be bitching about Forza 5 just the same. Played the crap out of FM2,3 and 4 but I wont be back until they listen to what their customers want.
Old 11-27-13, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by astrochimp
That is exactly why I skipped over getting an Xbone(for now). I would be bitching about Forza 5 just the same. Played the crap out of FM2,3 and 4 but I wont be back until they listen to what their customers want.
You are seriously missing nothing, except for a slightly shinier (but limited) Forza. I'm pumped that GT6 has weather transitions and still somehow Forza doesn't even have any real weather (except for now the ability to blind you on every track).
Old 11-27-13, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It looks like they are doing everything possible to keep from fixing the underlying issue. The Limited Edition fuckup is especially insulting. Giving players any single car is not the same as giving them enough tokens to buy the most expensive car, which is what it said on the box.
Old 11-27-13, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hey Turn 10, why can't I have flames like this?
Old 11-27-13, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yet, you still feel the burn.
Old 12-01-13, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

I'm enjoying the game so far. Maybe I like it more since I'm never good at driving games and the GT series tends to drive me nuts with their license tests and unforgiving nature. This game is still fun regardless of your actual driving skill level and I think that's pretty cool.
Played a fair bit this afternoon. Was annoyed to see that both DLC cars I was gifted via pre-launch emails were 1) variations of the few cars already in the game -and- 2) not given to me to drive, but just made available for purchase in-game. Took advantage of the half-off weekend. Bought several cars with CR and used most of my LE pittance of tokens on the McLaren P1, since it's the cover car. Not happy with the car pricing still, but at least I'll get something nice and pricey with the free car. Any suggestions? Are those super-expensive race cars more fun to drive than the super-expensive luxury cars?
I received two "gifts" from Turn 10 in the in-game message center last week. The first was a little Ford that popped into my garage. The second gave me an error message and told me to try later. the next time I loaded the game, the message and gift was gone.

BTW : Everyone needs to buy the 2013 Subaru (it's like 13,000 CR now) and Search for "Zelda" for the design. It's mind-blowing.

Spoiler:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/39kGwXcO4MI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Decker; 12-01-13 at 10:32 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.