Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-17, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

I'm getting close to 40 million. I'll probably try to get to 50, and then spend 40-45 million leveling up.

Last time I was at 70 million or something like that, and went down to 6-7 million.
Old 01-19-17, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Man this game. Got an update today and it says there are now 8 hour jobs in Heights. Yes! But only for premium donuts characters. Sigh,
Old 01-19-17, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,023 Likes on 844 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
Man this game. Got an update today and it says there are now 8 hour jobs in Heights. Yes! But only for premium donuts characters. Sigh,
Hmm, I assigned a few characters to eight-hour tasks, and some are earning double rewards (the boxer guy) and some aren't (the sea captain, the principal, Fat Tony). I can't even remember if any of those are premium or not.

Storage capacities for the Heights stuff has also been increased. I've had those maxed out for a while now so I went ahead and increased them, but some needed more Heights resources than I had, so I'm building more lattes and furniture. But more significant is the addition of 12 squares to the Heights space, so I'm going to need to build back even more resources. At least I can get tablets from the SciFighter game.

The new Gil deal is super-expensive, but it has a big building, a multiplier, and a character. I've started to like these huge pieces so I might spring for it after I XP-collide myself some more donuts.
Old 01-31-17, 09:00 AM

Received 1,926 Likes on 1,136 Posts

Hope you all enjoyed the Chinese New year mini-event. I'm trying to stock up cash in anticipation of grabbing get donuts for whatever event is coming this spring. I hope it's more socially based this time. We were the most active here during events like Whacking Day that included friend corrdination.
Old 02-01-17, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by story
Hope you all enjoyed the Chinese New year mini-event. I'm trying to stock up cash in anticipation of grabbing get donuts for whatever event is coming this spring. I hope it's more socially based this time. We were the most active here during events like Whacking Day that included friend corrdination.
new international themed event is up with pins amd tickets and other tasks. lots of building and character prizes. And expensive million dollar plus land expansion.
Old 02-01-17, 07:44 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Finally more land!!!!!

Questions, what's the best way to get the Billionaire Haven on Springfield Heights?
Old 02-01-17, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood
Finally more land!!!!!

Questions, what's the best way to get the Billionaire Haven on Springfield Heights?
step one ... build a time machine.
step two go back in time to Sept 2016 before the age of Trump.
step three ... Springfield Heights was paying out 4x multiples for jobs and buildings. Do those.

They may at some point repeat the mutiplier or else you just have to build and upgrade parking lots and resorts and penthouses.
Old 02-02-17, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by chowderhead
step one ... build a time machine.
step two go back in time to Sept 2016 before the age of Trump.
step three ... Springfield Heights was paying out 4x multiples for jobs and buildings. Do those.

They may at some point repeat the mutiplier or else you just have to build and upgrade parking lots and resorts and penthouses.
If you're taking a time machine back to September, I can think of more important tasks than Springfield Heights.

I lost a few hours because I didn't realize the update was out, but I'm rolling now. I'm also XP colliding some donuts so I can get Americatown.

Has anyone tried this travel glitch? When you have five characters ready to fly, send four of them on the plane but assign the fifth to a regular task (even one that's six seconds). Then the game will give you a fresh set of five travelers. Eventually you can send nearly all of Springfield to earning tickets. I'm trying it out now and it works like a charm, but holy heck is it time-consuming when you have to wait two minutes for each ticket to regenerate. I don't think I'm going to be able to do them all.
Old 02-02-17, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh that's a glitch...

That's why I was wondering why sometimes I could sometimes sent like 20 travelers, and sometimes less. It's the limit 5? I usually send more than 5.
Old 02-02-17, 02:35 PM

Thanks for sharing about that glitch, it's great! Well, it was all morning. Now it appears I can only generate a new ticket every 15 minutes. Wonder if a little update got snuck in when I wasn't paying attention.

This event is pretty great! We can actually help each other out, a wide range of characters can play, the prizes and storylines are varied and layered. It's almost too big! Off to a good start, IMHO.

I'll see if I can take a moment this weekend to comb through the last few pages here as well as my friends list and see who is the most active and make a mini roster in the OP so if you're looking to see who needs the most help, you can aim it their way.
Old 02-03-17, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My town just got hit by the Osaku flu. Tried to tap all the dvdtalker towns that I remembered to hopefully pass it along.
Old 02-03-17, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Does anyone understand how the Osaka flu thing works?

Last edited by Neil M.; 02-03-17 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-03-17, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

I guess I can answer my own question.....

At some random point, your town will catch the Osaka Flu. How you trigger it is unknown. It is uncertain whether it is spread by your friends list or by what, so in essence, it is basically random. There's no way to force it to happen, it will just happen at some point. Having more friends that are active is helpful though. This is because of what happens nce you get it.
Once it triggers and your town has the flu, then you get two new things:
You get the roaming green cloud. It roams around your town and eventually latches onto a tourist (or it may spawn a tourist every few hours, unknown). In any case, when this happens, you can tap that tourist for extra event currency. 14 pins, 7 sky credits.
The new Osaka Flu tab appears. This tab shows you the world map and a status bar labelled "Infection Severity" starting at 0/100. For every pin/shield thing that you clear in your town that was put there by a friend, you will up this number by one. Once you get the flu and you clear buildings, you will see a "+1 Osaka Flu" thing rise off them when you tap them.
Thus, you needs friends to visit you and give you those pins on your buildings, and you need to clear them as much as possible. What's the prize at the end of each of the 5 tracks? Currently, more event currency. That's all.
Thus, to minmax this: a. Get max friends and b. Make sure they're active players who will visit you and give you pins on buildings.
It is possible that there is more to it which is not in the game files yet. The "prize" for each 100 seems awfully low (10 pins, 5 skycredits). The Infection Severity meter goes from 100 on level 1, to 200 on level 2, 300 on 3, but then jumps to 1000 to get the final level. So, maybe it will change as time goes on.
Kind of sucks since it seems most of my friends aren't active anymore.
Old 02-03-17, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't understand how the clock keeps resetting at the airport. I don't have anyone traveling currently. If I close the game, my timer resets to 20 minutes until I go back into the game and it starts counting down. I have to wait 20 minutes until I get one ticket?
Old 02-07-17, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I unlocked the last Act 1 prize by going all-in on the airplane trips, even with the change to 20-minute tickets. I punted on a lot of character tasks to do it, though.

I bought Americatown but nothing else yet. I'm leaning toward the French Krusty Burger and the flag bundle, which is a great deal I've bought twice before.

I'm now playing on my ipad instead of my phone, and it looks awesome!

Originally Posted by badlieut
I don't understand how the clock keeps resetting at the airport. I don't have anyone traveling currently. If I close the game, my timer resets to 20 minutes until I go back into the game and it starts counting down. I have to wait 20 minutes until I get one ticket?
Yeah, each ticket is 20 minutes, but I don't know if there's weirdness when you leave the game. It does seem confusing at times.

Originally Posted by Neil M.
Kind of sucks since it seems most of my friends aren't active anymore.
I've had a lot of people visiting who I thought had quit the game eons ago. I guess this event did revive the community aspect.
Old 02-07-17, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

What is this 20 minute ticket thing you speak of haha? Is there something I'm missing besides Norberts adventure trips (the ones that are four hours long)?
Old 02-08-17, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by starseed1981
What is this 20 minute ticket thing you speak of haha? Is there something I'm missing besides Norberts adventure trips (the ones that are four hours long)?
Looks like they fixed it.
Old 02-08-17, 08:47 AM

I was really confused for a while about the SkyCredits on the Act One prize chain. I earned them yesterday and couldn't find the building. I was looking everywhere in my inventory and around my town, to no avail. Finally this morning I realized it's not a building but a bunch of in-game currency. Seriously, that prize looks like a mini skyscraper!
Old 02-11-17, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Hoping to squeeze out one more round of bonuts on the final day of act 1.

I spent 60 donuts on the valentine mystery box and got the Powers house plus Laura. Other prizes were the Krazy Kraut, Up Up and Buffet (which would go nicely in my airport), and Shauna.
Old 02-15-17, 09:43 AM

Really digging this event. Sorry I've not been a very good neighbor, hope to make more time to tap your towns.

Wish premium characters earned extra in-game currency.
Old 02-15-17, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Man, I'd love to jump back into this game, but I've been out for over a year. I'd probably be completely overwhelmed.
Old 02-15-17, 11:05 AM

Give it a shot. I balance it with Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes pretty easily, though I'm certainly not one of the major players in our guild. Still, they're both fun in different ways and work for me.
Old 02-15-17, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I don't think that much has changed as far as gameplay. Probably the biggest adjustment is in the events, such as the one going on now. You gather currency to earn stuff, but you also gather a secondary currency in order to "craft" other stuff. And those are just extra items anyway.
Old 02-15-17, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had to buy Mr. Sparkle. He earns crafting currency.
Old 02-15-17, 01:14 PM

I want Mr. Sparkle but I'm short on donuts. Don't have enough cash to make the XP Collier move worthwhile, I think. Not sure he's worth actual money to me. We'll see...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.