Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-15, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Pie Man, Bartman, Fruit-Bat-Man, Fallout Boy, The Collector, and Plopper can all fight Felons.

Pie Man, Fallout Boy, and The Collector are non-premium.
Old 03-09-15, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
Out of curiosity how long does it take you to visit all of your neighbors daily? I let all mine gradually time sync and just went through my entire list in one shot and it took an hour. Is that about normal?
I go straight through in probably 30-40 minutes. I don't wait to collect anything. Once the last one pops, I skip to the next one. Everything autocollects at that point.

A major problem that I had in the past was crashing multiple times while visiting on Android. Since I've been playing on an iPad, I very rarely have crashes.
Old 03-09-15, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like I'm going to miss the Time building (not enough capes or cuffs) - probably shouldn't have gotten the phone booth when it was available ....
Old 03-09-15, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

It seems like there is less and less phones out there to tap on my friends list. Am I missing something? Is there a benefit to not tapping those on your village?
Old 03-09-15, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by bippitty
Some people claim that if righteousness gets too high it flips. They suggest that once you get to 5, you should stop doing any righteousness actions.

In my experience, buying a ton of training walls works to maintain righteousness.
Really? That's weird, but I guess that's what happened to me. I'm up to 1.5 stars now! I'll probably have to make a training wall district in my Springfield sooner or later.

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
Out of curiosity how long does it take you to visit all of your neighbors daily? I let all mine gradually time sync and just went through my entire list in one shot and it took an hour. Is that about normal?
It takes me a long time. I've never timed it, but probably 15 minutes or so. Certainly not an hour, though. I must have much less neighbors than you. I try to knock them out all at once every day.

So the Collector stuff will be going away with issue 3? I got the apartments, the lofts, and the store front (I haven't bothered with the phone booths), but there's no way I'll be able to get the Times building by then. I still need 7 capes and a whopping 13 felons.

EDIT: Just read through some comments at TSTO Addicts and we have until the end of issue 3 (March 24th) to finish up with the Collector stuff. I'm in good shape then.

Last edited by DJLinus; 03-09-15 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-09-15, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,023 Likes on 844 Posts

I'm hitting the donut bonus regularly too. Not sure if I get it twice per day, but probably something close to that. For that reason, I'm not too worried about saving my felons, but I'll probably start thinking about it later today.

Originally Posted by DJLinus
So the Collector stuff will be going away with issue 3? I got the apartments, the lofts, and the store front (I haven't bothered with the phone booths), but there's no way I'll be able to get the Times building by then. I still need 7 capes and a whopping 13 felons.
One person commented on a TSTO Addicts article that the Collector stuff goes away AFTER issue 3. It was just a random person so I don't know how accurate that is, but I'm in the same boat. I got the apartments, lofts, and storefront first, but am still three capes and 10 felons away from the Times, and I skipped the phone booths. It'd be nice to know exactly when it ends so we can use up any stray items on buildings.

Originally Posted by starseed1981
It seems like there is less and less phones out there to tap on my friends list. Am I missing something? Is there a benefit to not tapping those on your village?
I'm regularly hitting my friends' buildings (when available) and criminals. It's true there's not a ton of payout, but it's not too much effort either. I think you're getting fewer phones because people are not playing the game and tapping their own towns to free them up. As I understand it, it's not like previous events where you have to leave your own buildings untapped in order for others to tap them. They can tap on anything (even usually untappable places like the racetrack) unless it's been tapped by another friend and you haven't tapped your own siren-lit building to free it up for someone else. If you have inactive friends, you were probably able to tap their phones right when the event started, but if they never played, gradually those phones dry up as you and others tap them.
Old 03-09-15, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by davidh777
One person commented on a TSTO Addicts article that the Collector stuff goes away AFTER issue 3. It was just a random person so I don't know how accurate that is, but I'm in the same boat. I got the apartments, lofts, and storefront first, but am still three capes and 10 felons away from the Times, and I skipped the phone booths. It'd be nice to know exactly when it ends so we can use up any stray items on buildings.
I saw some random commenter questions in the weekend's open post and they were answered by the people that run the site, so I figure they're in the know.

Click on the Collector icon on the upper right of the screen and then click on the question mark at the top. At the bottom is a countdown clock. We currently have 14 days, 16 hours, 19 minutes, and 25 seconds to get that stuff done.
Old 03-09-15, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I saw some random commenter questions in the weekend's open post and they were answered by the people that run the site, so I figure they're in the know.

Click on the Collector icon on the upper right of the screen and then click on the question mark at the top. At the bottom is a countdown clock. We currently have 14 days, 16 hours, 19 minutes, and 25 seconds to get that stuff done.
Old 03-09-15, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by bippitty
I go straight through in probably 30-40 minutes. I don't wait to collect anything. Once the last one pops, I skip to the next one. Everything autocollects at that point.

A major problem that I had in the past was crashing multiple times while visiting on Android. Since I've been playing on an iPad, I very rarely have crashes.
I checked the clock today. Took about 25 minutes. The criminals take up extra time, so a normal run should be somewhat less.
Old 03-09-15, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I hit another 4K level today and figured I was done with pies. However, I'm now at 1100 and wondering... I hit a bunch of friends early this morning and figured I'd leave the rest till midnight/tomorrow but I guess I'll see if I get close.
Old 03-09-15, 07:13 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Still way behind... but at least I have The Collector now so that I have 3 characters fighting villains.
Old 03-10-15, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Because the event ended at 1 a.m. my local time instead of midnight, I was able to squeeze out one more 4K pie bonus, though I had to burn some neighbor visits to do it. Then this morning faced with the new prizes, I was kind of regretting it, but hey, three donuts in the hand vs. prizes in the bush, right?

The new issue seems to have opened up a few more options for fighting felons (Krusty) and earning event currency (Dr. Colossus).
Old 03-10-15, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
Still way behind... but at least I have The Collector now so that I have 3 characters fighting villains.
Still way behind too, working towards Dr. Colossus now. Villains suck as you only get one every 8 hours, I can only have 2 out at a time.
Old 03-11-15, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New Gil deal for the next several days: The Homer. The car goes for 82 donuts and gives out a 3% bonus.
Old 03-11-15, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I finished yesterday with 8K ray guns so I should be able to get the first prize today.

New Gil deal for the next several days: The Homer. The car goes for 82 donuts and gives out a 3% bonus.
So just as a multiplier, it's better than something like the Mayflower (100 donuts, 3%) but not as good as other cars, which are 40/2%. I tend to go for the deals like the jet engine bike (30/2%). Depends on how badly you want the Homer, I guess.
Old 03-15-15, 01:51 AM

Hey guys, please add my friend ClarkeClark, he's an everyday player new to the game and he needs more friends. Thanks.
Old 03-16-15, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

In game update today for St. Patrick's day. Log in today, get 20 donuts.

There's also a mini-quest involving Cletus and O'Flannigan's Pub. And Gil is back. Blarney Castle, 115 Donuts. Available until 3/23.
Old 03-16-15, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This is my first time playing around St. Patrick's Day so I don't know if they've done this before or not, but it's a nice touch that they made the water green.
Old 03-16-15, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure would be nice to have some more land right about now...
Old 03-17-15, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This is my first time playing around St. Patrick's Day so I don't know if they've done this before or not, but it's a nice touch that they made the water green.
Yes, they have done that in the previous years.
Old 03-17-15, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I want the Blarney Castle but that would mean writing off the Tar Pits. I'm also tempted to shoot for the Volcano Lair since there's an additional quest attached to it.

I'm glad the second Issue 3 prize wasn't a dud like the first one, but it sure is a space hog. I finally organized my Zenith City buildings into a little complex. I have three apartment buildings and will be able to pick up a second loft soon.
Old 03-19-15, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I should BARELY be able to get Death Mountain before this event ends. Phew. And does anybody have any suggestions for getting more capes? I want that Zenith City Times building but they don't seem to be generating fast enough.
Old 03-19-15, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I got the Collider today. It kind of bugs me that when you search for him using town hall that he's under the Ts, not the Cs. Also, is he some kind of crab man? Seems like Clawider might have been better.

Starseed, I think you just need to make sure you're grabbing the capes whenever they become available.
Old 03-20-15, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Managed to get multiples of the buildings being offered for the event and should have the Collider in a day or two. I am barely managing to even play the game once a day at the moment. I feel really burnt out on this game and it feels more and more like a damn chore every time i have to play it. I cannot wait for this event to end as i am gonna have a a break for a while. Money is up to 30 million, so happy to leave it at that for the moment and stop giving people tasks unless its story related.
Old 03-21-15, 05:45 PM

I wont get to finish the Saint Patty's event because I still got a Spunkler baking for another 59 days. Was the last bit any good as far as prizes goes?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.