Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-14, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Friends that don't put their Elf Tunnel next to their Elf Cannon make Lateralus a sad panda.
Old 12-29-14, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Thanks! I'm not exactly sure about what we can tap in others' towns--is it only buildings that are ready to be tapped like in previous events? I'll be less aggressive about tapping my own stuff if so. Though my cannon and hatch have been tapped twice this morning so maybe they don't have the same restrictions.
Whoa. This just struck me. So neighbors can only tap on buildings that are ready to collect? (And do graffiti for some non-cash generating buildings, of course.) All this time I've been playing under the impression that most buildings were fair game for neighbors and have been clearing the dollars on my own buildings as I play throughout the day. Sorry, guys.
Old 12-29-14, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I've read the game classifies elf cave and cannon taps as graffiti. I assume that this was done so that they don't need to regenerate. Once cleared, they're immediately available to tap. Everything else seems to work as buildings normally do.
Old 12-29-14, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,023 Likes on 844 Posts

Originally Posted by Lateralus
Friends that don't put their Elf Tunnel next to their Elf Cannon make Lateralus a sad panda.
Yeah, even if they're not aware it helps their neighbors, you'd think they'd have enough OCD to want to keep the themed items together.

Originally Posted by DJLinus
Whoa. This just struck me. So neighbors can only tap on buildings that are ready to collect? (And do graffiti for some non-cash generating buildings, of course.) All this time I've been playing under the impression that most buildings were fair game for neighbors and have been clearing the dollars on my own buildings as I play throughout the day. Sorry, guys.
I believe that's the case. It wasn't for I think the Halloween event, but in general if you make neighbor visits you'll see a lot of variation in how many buildings are available to tap. Sometimes you'll only see a few available, and not coincidentally you'll often see characters on one-hour tasks in the same town.

Since the Kwik-E-Mart became untappable, there are a lot fewer quick-turnaround buildings. so I added a few brown houses close to my cannon.

Originally Posted by bippitty
From what I've read the game classifies elf cave and cannon taps as graffiti. I assume that this was done so that they don't need to regenerate. Once cleared, they're immediately available to tap. Everything else seems to work as buildings normally do.
That's cool. So I guess the towns that don't have tappable cannons are that way because the owner hasn't been back to tap it yet.
Old 12-29-14, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I believe that's the case. It wasn't for I think the Halloween event, but in general if you make neighbor visits you'll see a lot of variation in how many buildings are available to tap. Sometimes you'll only see a few available, and not coincidentally you'll often see characters on one-hour tasks in the same town.

Since the Kwik-E-Mart became untappable, there are a lot fewer quick-turnaround buildings. so I added a few brown houses close to my cannon.
I always just chalked that up to other neighbors already having tapped those buildings, thus being off limits to me. I feel kinda jerky for always clearing my buildings out. (And yes, I generally do 1 hour tasks. Unfortunately, I have a lot of free time these days.)

After this revelation I built a bunch of brown houses today and will probably make even more, just in case.

A totally unrelated thing, but by far my favorite task animation is when Kearney dances a jig. It always makes me chuckle when I assign that. (That instance in the episode when he's creating a diversion in front of Marge is one of my favorite throwaway Simpsons moments.)
Old 12-29-14, 07:44 PM

Received 1,925 Likes on 1,135 Posts
Nice. I don't have Kearney so I'll have to check out your town. I personally love Kirk as a scarecrow and pretty much have him up there 24/7.
Old 12-29-14, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by story
Nice. I don't have Kearney so I'll have to check out your town. I personally love Kirk as a scarecrow and pretty much have him up there 24/7.
Shucks. I'm *finally* making my Krustyland, so just a few minutes ago I sent him there for 16 hours. But tomorrow I'll probably put him back on that 4 hour task. That's a very nice jig, Kearney!

I think I've only done that Kirk one once, when it was a required task. But yeah, that's good, too.
Old 12-29-14, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good thing I checked the topic today as I didn't know that about clearing out all my taps for my town was taking away from others. I just plow through my town tapping everything throughout the day. I just assumed the same as DJlinus that someone else tapped before me in another town. I'm doing some construction right now for some brown houses so hopefully you all will have more choices to tap in the future.

Dude, you're apologizing when you have like 27,000 bells. Well done!
I didn't know if that was good or bad since I never really had any neighbors prior to recent times to really compare with. I just assumed everyone would have 10 times the amount I did.

Last edited by ChrisHicks; 12-29-14 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-30-14, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Frustrating! I left all my characters idle for when my Sequel Stop would finish building at midnight. I then assigned
Spoiler:
10 of them to the two-hour quest, at which time the servers crashed. So I had 10 characters only active till 2 a.m. and all the rest idle all night. What an XP hit! Even better, I figured at least the quest would be done this morning, only to discover the Homer portion still needed to be assigned.

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
I didn't know if that was good or bad since I never really had any neighbors prior to recent times to really compare with. I just assumed everyone would have 10 times the amount I did.
Just glancing through my first batch of neighbors, no one else has more than 10K.

I always just chalked that up to other neighbors already having tapped those buildings, thus being off limits to me. I feel kinda jerky for always clearing my buildings out. (And yes, I generally do 1 hour tasks. Unfortunately, I have a lot of free time these days.)

After this revelation I built a bunch of brown houses today and will probably make even more, just in case.
Yeah, it's hard not to tap my own buildings because I know that's where I'm getting the payout and I'd rather not rely on someone coming in to tap. So I generally tap my long-building stuff and leave the brown houses etc. available for others. On neighbor visits, I'll tap their long-building stuff when I can.

JasonF also doesn't leave much to tap sometimes.

A totally unrelated thing, but by far my favorite task animation is when Kearney dances a jig. It always makes me chuckle when I assign that. (That instance in the episode when he's creating a diversion in front of Marge is one of my favorite throwaway Simpsons moments.)
A good pairing with dancing Tom O'Flanagan.

I bought Kearney by accident in the days before confirm-donut-spend, but I like having him.

Scarecrow Kirk is great, but if you get the cracker factory, he has a premium eight-hour task there that gives you 210 XP over 16 hours instead of 125. Your choice, of course!
Old 12-30-14, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Possibly silly question here. Is it possible to visit random peoples villages (trying to get more bells lol) and if so how?
Old 12-30-14, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Possibly silly question here. Is it possible to visit random peoples villages (trying to get more bells lol) and if so how?
You mean visit people who aren't on your friend list? That's not possible, though it was during the Clash of Clans event. You're also restricted on how many friends you can visit to get bells. If you have a long list, you won't be able to get bells from all of them.
Old 12-30-14, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

You mean visit people who aren't on your friend list? That's not possible, though it was during the Clash of Clans event. You're also restricted on how many friends you can visit to get bells. If you have a long list, you won't be able to get bells from all of them.
Ok. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-30-14, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

As I upgrade my cannon to fire more elves more frequently, I'm getting less and less of a reserve of elves, down to 40 right now. I might need to sweep my town more regularly.

I haven't unfriended some people who have clearly stopped playing, just because of sentimental attachment from past exchanges and conversations. I was scrolling through my neighbors and happened to notice that one of their dead towns had a tappable expired crop, so I went ahead and tapped it. Free donut!
Old 12-30-14, 04:23 PM

I'll be away from my phone for much of next week which means I'll have to earn all of the prizes within a week from now. Aside from visiting friends and trying to fire elves as often as possible, is there anything I'm missing in terms of earning more bells asap?
Old 12-30-14, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

To collect as many cogs as possible so that you can upgrade the cannon and get more bells/faster reloads.
Old 12-30-14, 04:49 PM

Cogs are pretty random though, aren't they? There's no way to know when they'll be coming my way, aside from using donuts.
Old 12-30-14, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Cogs are pretty random though, aren't they? There's no way to know when they'll be coming my way, aside from using donuts.
They seem to pop up with about every third elf I tap.
Old 12-30-14, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you go on visits, always look for the cave and the cannon. They give you double the bells.

Clear off your cave and cannon as often as possible, they're the only things your neighbors can tap that will give you bells.

If where you'll be has a wired connection, take a pocket router with you and/or a laptop running BlueStacks.

If there will be no connection, then you might have Ebola. You'd better quarantine yourself in a place that has a connection. Dr. Simpson needs to monitor your condition.
Old 01-01-15, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There's a New Year's Day quest for Homer today. Keep him free for several 3 minute tasks, a 5 minute job, and then a whopping 24 hour one.
Old 01-01-15, 10:40 AM

Anyone else stuck on the "Cannot Connect" screen today? I sent Homer on a 3 minute quest hours ago(sometime around 6am I think it was) and I got kicked from the game due to the cannot connect thing and haven't been able to get back in since. The annoying part is that the notifications are still working telling me people visited and Homer is finished but I can't do anything about it.
Old 01-01-15, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was fine this morning, but now I can't connect. Luckily I was able to get Homer out on his 24 hour task right before this started happening. All the rest of my Springfielders are standing around doing nothing, unfortunately.
Old 01-01-15, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I've been having problems all morning.
Old 01-01-15, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Shame those Homer tasks give out donuts, I got the first one done but can't connect to the server since.

The game will probably be down until tomorrow when somebody gets back from the holiday.
Old 01-01-15, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's back up and working for me as of about 20 minutes ago.
Old 01-01-15, 01:50 PM

While I'm thinking of it, do any of you have neighbors that just never have anything to tap no matter when you visit? I have at least 2 that almost always sit there with the daily actions because for one of them their town only has like 8 things(level 48 which is odd to me) in it and the other while having over 30 buildings(level 19) there's just never anything there.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.