The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-14, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Originally Posted by davidh777
Well, that strategy backfired.

I left all my characters idle in order to assign the next round of Santa tasks at midnight, then fell asleep. So in the morning I'd lost out on all those characters' tasks plus starting the Santa tasks.
It's worse than you think -- because the first task today was to have everyone make toys, if you'd put them in the toy factory over night, you would've had the first task finished when you woke up.
Old 12-13-14, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, after kicking the Tapped Out habit for two months I'm totally addicted again. I have no clue what these fed things are though lol.
Old 12-13-14, 11:26 PM

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,139 Posts

I was surprised you'd stopped. I added you to the inactive players list early in November. I'll move you back.
Old 12-14-14, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

thanks! I was kinda burnt out. I needed that reprieve to wrap up a couple of console games. Glad to be back though.
Old 12-14-14, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last night I was really tired, but it was Friday, so I waited until midnight to go to bed, so I could start the new tasks

I'm one day ahead of schedule, but still.
Old 12-14-14, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,023 Likes on 844 Posts

Well, that strategy backfired.

I left all my characters idle in order to assign the next round of Santa tasks at midnight, then fell asleep. So in the morning I'd lost out on all those characters' tasks plus starting the Santa tasks. Now I'm on task 2 scheduled to end at 7 p.m., when I'll be at a party. If I can't assign Homer to finish his task by midnight, I'm going to miss out on completing today's round. I'm still well on pace for the prizes, but it would be annoying to miss the daily.
Originally Posted by Jcheckel
I thought the 24 hour clock on Santa tasks didn't start until you started part 1. Also, you can still complete the door after 24 hours, you'd just miss out on 100 presents.
Originally Posted by story
Yes and yes, both true. Use your time accordingly.

Added flashburn | flashburn2012 to the OP. Anyone else needing to be added or taken off?
Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
It's worse than you think -- because the first task today was to have everyone make toys, if you'd put them in the toy factory over night, you would've had the first task finished when you woke up.
This all turned out to be a comedy of errors. I drove two hours to a party and upon arrival at 6:30ish found my elves and toymakers were ready so I reassigned them all and made a mental note to check back on Lisa in an hour. At that time, I subtly checked my phone and Lisa was done, but I couldn't start Homer on the quest because I had assigned him to make toys an hour earlier. I realized later I could have stored the workshop to free him up but then would have reset all the elves and toymakers to finish up after 1 a.m. so I decided to just leave them. The party wrapped up a little before 11, so I took the opportunity to start Homer on his two-hour task. The ride home only took 90 minutes, plus add in some unpacking time and I was able to finish the Santa task a little before 1 a.m. and got the 100-present bonus! The next set of tasks started up on schedule at midnight so I was able to get that (
Spoiler:
all Bart tasks
) going as well.

Originally Posted by starseed1981
thanks! I was kinda burnt out. I needed that reprieve to wrap up a couple of console games. Glad to be back though.
Funny thing is I've been purging my friend list and I almost deleted you recently, but for some reason decided not to. I was surprised to see you active yesterday and was glad to feed you some feds. Then here you are in the thread!
Old 12-15-14, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,023 Likes on 844 Posts

Remind me to not assign Legs and Louie to their 12-hour tasks until this event is over.
Old 12-15-14, 03:45 PM

Hey, david, don't assign Legs and Louie to their 12-hour tasks until this event is over.

Still having a deuce of a time logging in sometimes and when I can I can't always get the tunnel to work either. Been having to restart my tablet a bunch.
Old 12-15-14, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When your tunnel doesn't works, go visit your friends and when you come back it should works.

The only issue is that it removes any Feds you had, according to some people. I haven't really checked.
Old 12-15-14, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
When your tunnel doesn't works, go visit your friends and when you come back it should works.

The only issue is that it removes any Feds you had, according to some people. I haven't really checked.
I think EA is slowing winding down this game once they cannot get more profits from it. The prizes have been very lackluster for the previous few events especially this one so far. Most prizes are donut based =. The tunnel prizes are so lame and recycles the items you could purchase last year. I thought they finally had a great prize with the crazy cat lady and her house but it was only the skin to her house and it goes to storage if you don't have her. I think with all the glitches, etc, they might be phasing out this game and not giving it the attention based on not getting a good profit from it anymore.
Old 12-15-14, 05:49 PM

Really? I thought this was one of the biggest money-making apps in the world for at least last year. Didn't it make like $100 million? I can't imagine it's making that much less this year, nor that the costs to create and maintain the game are more than a couple million, if that.
Old 12-15-14, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chowderhead
I think with all the glitches, etc, they might be phasing out this game and not giving it the attention based on not getting a good profit from it anymore.
Last year I couldn't get through a day without the game crashing. The glitches these days are so minor in comparison.
Old 12-16-14, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Funny thing is I've been purging my friend list and I almost deleted you recently, but for some reason decided not to. I was surprised to see you active yesterday and was glad to feed you some feds. Then here you are in the thread!
Hehe. Thanks! Yeah, I need to purge my friends list too. I'd say that it's about 50% inactive. Seems like alot of folks left around lvl 40-41.
Old 12-16-14, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by story
Really? I thought this was one of the biggest money-making apps in the world for at least last year. Didn't it make like $100 million? I can't imagine it's making that much less this year, nor that the costs to create and maintain the game are more than a couple million, if that.
I don't know. It just feels like EA is giving less thought and less support to this game. It went from top 10 grossing in 2013 (#9) in the Apple IoS to now 17th
Old 12-16-14, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not sure why, but putting Homer on my task today is causing my phone to completely shut down.
Old 12-17-14, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New Level Update. Still No Land.
Old 12-17-14, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How do I call Feds to someone's town? I'm on tunnel 14 and am at a total loss lol
Old 12-17-14, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have to pass Jingle Bell Wreck pt 9 I believe
Old 12-17-14, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thx!
Old 12-17-14, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Raul3

Good tip, Raul3, that's been helpful the last few days.
Old 12-18-14, 09:02 AM

Weird glitch, anybody else notice the Writers' Building that came with Matt Groening gives out XP and cash pretty much anytime you're in town? I tapped it this morning, then when I returned again, it was ready to be tapped, and after visiting friends, it was ready to tap yet again. Anyone else?

Also, some-ah y'all gotta tap those Feds 'cause your town is full.
Old 12-19-14, 12:52 PM

They lowered the cost of the Classy Girls Strip Club / Nelson's mom to 900k so I was finally able to afford it!

EDIT: Also shelled out $5 for some donuts and got Santa Homer, when I saw he was on sale for 80 donuts I couldn't resist.
Old 12-19-14, 09:36 PM

Is there anyway I can get a look at my whole town at once? I want to reorganize it a little and that would help. Also, if any of my friends here has any suggestions I would appreciate it
Old 12-20-14, 01:52 PM

One way to see your whole town is to do multiple screenshots covering your town and then stitch them all together.

Another is to go to tsto.me (I haven't used the site) and upload your town using your game login. Once the site grabs the map from EA's server, you can zoom out until you can see the whole thing. Then you can CTRL-PRT SCR to take a screenshot.
Old 12-20-14, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by bippitty
One way to see your whole town is to do multiple screenshots covering your town and then stitch them all together.

Another is to go to tsto.me (I haven't used the site) and upload your town using your game login. Once the site grabs the map from EA's server, you can zoom out until you can see the whole thing. Then you can CTRL-PRT SCR to take a screenshot.
What is that web site? I get a privacy, unsafe error.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.