Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-14, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,023 Likes on 844 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Originally Posted by danfindlay
I'm disappointed that there aren't any community prizes this year. Other than Hugo and the spooky house all the free ones suck and I'm still not willing to spend 100 donuts on Boobarella or 150 on Kodos.
Ah, thanks for reminding me that I earned Bulldozasaurus but forgot to use him from inventory.
Spoiler:
He's pretty useless, though.

I also earned the spooky house and was surprised to see
Spoiler:
that I can build another one. Spooky neighborhood, I guess.

I'd forgotten about community prizes. But at least there's no spinning wheel. And I've gotten some donuts out of the treat bags!
Old 10-24-14, 12:07 PM

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,139 Posts
I picked up Witch Marge and have 82 donuts left. I think I can work that back to 100 l, no sweat, if something great comes along. The event is fun, but yeah, without community prizes there seems to be less goal outcome than before. That said, I like the three-tiered timing of the event, like three mini, related events in one. It's a unique idea to try.
Old 10-24-14, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by story
At this point I can't remember if it was the Halloween update or the one before it, but it takes forever to log in. I can get minutes of the spinning donut only to have the whole thing close. Over and over again. How much better would I be doing in this event if I didn't lose time to this phenomemon? Can't find a consistent solution, either, and I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S5 so top of the line.
I log in from my phone and my nexus 7, this happens on my nexus 7. I found when I powered off my nexus 7 and rebooted it worked better.
Old 10-25-14, 12:33 AM

At this point I can't remember if it was the Halloween update or the one before it, but it takes forever to log in. I can get minutes of the spinning donut only to have the whole thing close. Over and over again. How much better would I be doing in this event if I didn't lose time to this phenomemon? Can't find a consistent solution, either, and I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S5 so top of the line.
I've seen some threads about people having problems with this game on the S5. I recall seeing a number of them with other Samsungs in the past. There may be something that Samsung is doing that this game doesn't like.
Old 10-25-14, 06:33 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJLinus
Unfortunately, it does do that. I only requested the donuts and items from before I started playing - no cash - but earning money is pretty easy now. (And I have lots items/people I have yet to spent donuts on and tons of stuff in my inventory that I haven't placed yet.) The Halloween event's keeping things interesting and I still find it fun to play, but there's definitely less of a challenge now.

My nephew got the hack before me and now he doesn't play anymore because it got too easy. (Well, that and he deleted the app to make room for more music on his iPhone.)
Hmm.. now I'm tempted.... I don't care much for cash as I have about 1.5 million now. I had about 2.5 mil, but the Strip Joint for Nelson's mom was expensive.

But I'd love a ton of donuts to be ready for future events.. as well as all the old items that were limited and/or premium that I never bought.

I don't like giving my login details away.. though its not a huge issue as the password for my origin account is unique and easy to change with a password manager. I'll have to give it some thought.. I have always hated not having certain characters because they were limited and I never had enough donuts to buy them or they are premium and I don't have enough donuts to buy them.

THe other thing stopping me is that I don't want to chance having my account banned if they ever cracked down on things. Even though I really want the items and things I missed, I'm not sure I want to chance it as I've put a fair bit of time into the game over the last almost 2 years.

Last edited by Canis Firebrand; 10-25-14 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-26-14, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Before giving your login info away, change it to something like RedditPass123, then change it to something else after they use it.
Old 10-26-14, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I got the Marge cauldron.

Thanks to Confirm Donut Spend for saving me from spending six donuts on speeding up the holiday tree.

Glad I earned the spooky house so I could earn treat bags
Spoiler:
at the rate of one every 24 hours.

I've changed my grem-alien strategy. I was distributing during my neighbor visits, but since those are restricted to 30 per day for guns, I'm doing grem-aliens separately, generally to the people I've been exchanging with. And while I usually try to visit all my neighbors equally, it doesn't really matter now since there's no benefit to the neighbor so I'm just visiting whoever whenever.
Old 10-26-14, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
Hmm.. now I'm tempted.... I don't care much for cash as I have about 1.5 million now. I had about 2.5 mil, but the Strip Joint for Nelson's mom was expensive.

But I'd love a ton of donuts to be ready for future events.. as well as all the old items that were limited and/or premium that I never bought.

I don't like giving my login details away.. though its not a huge issue as the password for my origin account is unique and easy to change with a password manager. I'll have to give it some thought.. I have always hated not having certain characters because they were limited and I never had enough donuts to buy them or they are premium and I don't have enough donuts to buy them.

THe other thing stopping me is that I don't want to chance having my account banned if they ever cracked down on things. Even though I really want the items and things I missed, I'm not sure I want to chance it as I've put a fair bit of time into the game over the last almost 2 years.
Let me send you a PM...
Old 10-26-14, 12:58 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaveWadding
Let me send you a PM...
ok
Old 10-26-14, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm distributing the gremaleins anytime I get five or more, and I'm targeting them at neighbors with the lowest ray gun counts. I figure if you have 5000 ray guns already, you don't need my help. And if you only have 2000, hopefully it'll help you, but if not, a bigger payout for myself.
Old 10-27-14, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Well I did the reddit thing.

I did get a ton of donuts but the guy didn't sync something and the other stuff never went through, oh well.

whats the deal with the gremlians?

Am I supposed to tap them or let them run around?
Old 10-27-14, 08:11 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

What's the deal with the bounce house?
Old 10-27-14, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Just want to say "thank you" to everyone who has been dropping Gremalien eggs in my town. Ken, silke, etc, thank you.
Originally Posted by whotony
I would too if I ever got any.
Originally Posted by davidh777
Hey, I've dropped some on you.
whats the deal with the gremlians?

Am I supposed to tap them or let them run around?
Wait, you're complaining about not getting eggs but letting the aliens run around? Those are gifts from your neighbors that you can tap on for guns.

Originally Posted by JasonF
What's the deal with the bounce house?
Wondering the same. I did
Spoiler:
the two quest lines and now it's just sitting there asking for more, but I don't want to stop the kids from trick or treating.
Old 10-27-14, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No, I've been tapping them I wasn't sure if I should be.
Old 10-27-14, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidh777
Spoiler:
I'm about three legs into that quest, and he has had one leg in it.

Hey, I've dropped some on you.
No I meant that I didn't think I was getting eggs to drop. I will gladly drop eggs on you when I have them. Going in now.
Old 10-27-14, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

No I meant that I didn't think I was getting eggs to drop. I will gladly drop eggs on you when I have them. Going in now.
Gotcha. Thanks!
Old 10-28-14, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

This morning I got the hover-copter. Since I've also unlocked all of the craft items, I guess the smart thing to do is to bank all of my unopened trick or treat bags until the next phase starts, huh?

Thanks for dropping gremaliens on me. I don't need any more rigellians, so for the next couple of days you should probably send those to people that need them. I'll keep dropping my gremaliens, though.
Old 10-28-14, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DJLinus
This morning I got the hover-copter. Since I've also unlocked all of the craft items, I guess the smart thing to do is to bank all of my unopened trick or treat bags until the next phase starts, huh?
Yeah, unless you're working toward the crafted prizes. I'm still like a hundred candy bars short of the Grand Pumpkin.

I think I should get the copter tomorrow.
Old 10-28-14, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Whats the difference between opening the bags or not opening them?

Does something not carry over to each prize category?
Old 10-28-14, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Whats the difference between opening the bags or not opening them?

Does something not carry over to each prize category?
It's really just an issue with the basic item. If you open the cheap bags now, you'll get a lot of ray guns, which won't carry over to the next prize stage. The silver and gold bags are not so much of an issue. If you think you're going to hit the ray-gun prize level, it makes more sense to open the better bags and go for those prizes.
Old 10-28-14, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think it's because how the probes turned to ray guns and those will change to I'm guessing the alien DNA thing. So you usually get some of those when you open bags so if people already have enough ray guns now, they'll hold off and open them when the game transitions to the alien DNA thing so as not to waste it on the guns and get more DNA.
Old 10-28-14, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

For me, I just don't give a damn about the hover-copter prize, but I really want alien Burns. So I'm saving up my bags now to get some extra protein strands for that event.

If I get the hover-copter through smashing aliens, that's cool. But I'm not going out of my way trying for it.
Old 10-28-14, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeh I'm just going to save my bags until the next part starts.
Old 10-28-14, 11:39 PM

Right there with you, majorjoe. I don't have the copter either but I've got over a hundred bags saved up for Burns' skin.
Old 10-30-14, 07:50 PM

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,139 Posts
You all have me convinced. Going to save bags, leave nothing to chance. Still hoping to get the Great Pumpkin and Donut Machine from treat bag contents but that overlap will make it tough.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.