Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-14, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

In my experience, the payout for defending has been cut in half. I haven't looked at what I was getting for rebuilding.

When your attacks are defended, the payout has dropped from 5 elixir to 2.
Old 08-28-14, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So meta!!!

But I will keep playing EA!!!!!
Old 08-29-14, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
Also, I forgot to mention. There is some sort of glitch regarding items you purchase with elixir. I purchased a ton of Barbarian Castle walls and every time I hit 30 in my inventory (I'm trying to save them for when we get future land so I can build up the castle more) it resets to zero when I purchase the 31st wall. Same thing was happening with the bridges and towers. My temporary solution is just to have them placed in a clump in my town until I see that the glitch has been fixed. I wasted a bunch of elixir before I realized what was going on and didn't want anyone else to be in the same boat.
You didn't happen to buy a bunch, stick them into inventory, and buy a bunch more? There seems to be a glitch were if you have them in inventory, the game gets confused and sells you some, but takes most of them out of inventory. It doesn't seem to charge you for the ones that come out of inventory.

Assuming that this is the only glitch, you'd need to buy as many walls as you wanted before putting them into inventory.
Old 08-29-14, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I bought a bunch and then put them into inventory and then bought more. It was hard to keep track of the elixir and how many I had, but it was obvious I was losing something.
Old 08-30-14, 12:36 AM

Received 1,925 Likes on 1,135 Posts
Danoly, why take down your orange house farm just in time for this event? C'mon, give a guy somethin' to tap!

Reached the part of the Quest with
Spoiler:
Burns' dialogue.
Too funny!
Old 08-30-14, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by story
Danoly, why take down your orange house farm just in time for this event? C'mon, give a guy somethin' to tap!
cause 400 houses would have been impossible to manage with the event. I put up enough brown houses to the top of the screen. There hasn't been a point yet where I haven't had at least 5 available for someone to attack. I can add another row if it becomes necessary. I'll be doing a complete revamp of my springfield soon enough anyway.
Old 08-30-14, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

Don't forget that your weekly nerd reinforcements will arrive today (Saturday) at 2pm ET (11am PT).

Your nerd count will be automatically increased to its maximum allotment/capacity. If you have any nerds in storage, use them now to get your count back to zero. If you earn nerds, get them all deployed before 2pm. And if you check in after they arrive, DO NOT TAP YOUR CASTLES if they have "earned" nerds waiting to be claimed... Use the reinforcements up BEFORE claiming those new nerds - once you are maxed-out all newly added nerds are lost. You can tell if you are at maximum if your nerd counter is shown in red.
Old 08-30-14, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Raul3
All my castles are level 10 now. What should I do with my elixir? I'm approaching 10,000. Should I just decorate my place? Or what's the best use of elixir once your castles are level 10?
At levels 12, 15, and 18 castles generate +5 nerds
At levels 13, 16 and 19 castle capacity is increased by +5 nerds (helpful on reinforcement day)
At levels 11, 14, 17 and 20 castle defense increases by +1 hour
At levels 21+ castles generate a free wall piece, but since the level-up cost is so high (8500 to hit Level 19, 9400 for Level 20, 105,000(!) for Level 21) its not worth it.

My plan is to stop at 19 for all 3 castles, then used elixir to buy walls and banners and other decorations. Elixir will be worthless after the event but the decorations will be yours to keep forever. I am probably going to hoard elixir until nea the end in case there's a sale or if new expensive items get added.
Old 08-30-14, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbuzz
Don't forget that your weekly nerd reinforcements will arrive today (Saturday) at 2pm ET (11am PT).

Your nerd count will be automatically increased to its maximum allotment/capacity. If you have any nerds in storage, use them now to get your count back to zero. If you earn nerds, get them all deployed before 2pm. And if you check in after they arrive, DO NOT TAP YOUR CASTLES if they have "earned" nerds waiting to be claimed... Use the reinforcements up BEFORE claiming those new nerds - once you are maxed-out all newly added nerds are lost. You can tell if you are at maximum if your nerd counter is shown in red.
Forgot to add... 2pm is an "ish" time. Don't cut it close in case the timing is off.
Old 08-30-14, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,023 Likes on 844 Posts

The 3-D castles are awesome, kenbuzz!

I like everyone's moats so I stole the idea finally spent some elixir on a few decorations.

It seems like regular neighbor taps are way down compared to attacks, but I guess that's because random people can attack (instead of just neighbors), and those max out at five per visit instead of three. I know some people like story are still visiting and tapping.
Old 08-30-14, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's a list of my neighbors who have gone idle. Most (all?) of them are DVDTalkers:

AsmodeusVice (last played 14 weeks ago)
berkleigh (4 weeks)
Cecilia0413 (18 weeks)
Deftones17 (21 weeks)
Funkpie420 (9 weeks)
Furiated (10 weeks)
Gooter (12 weeks)
jaimz09 (11 weeks)
jayderek (6 weeks)
ksm7179 (20 weeks)
lenam1979 (18 weeks)
Me007gold (7 weeks)
phodg (5 weeks)

I will be un-linking from all of them in Origin, then issuing new link requests to each. If they come back online, we'll be neighborly. But if they're gone, I can free up a slot for an active neighbor - after all there's a maximum # we can have, no need to hold spots for players who don't play.

Meanwhile, I have a few spots for new neighbors available. kenbuzzz (the extra "z" is for "zany!")
Old 08-30-14, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidh777
The 3-D castles are awesome, kenbuzz!
Thanks. Still need a little bit more elixir to finish the big castle... I'm building a keep in the NE corner and need one more gate and 3-4 more towers, and I'm saving space for a catapult - should be getting to 30,000 gold this weekend sometime. I'll try to stitch some screencaps together to show the progress.

I tried to build a drawbridge out of wooden rail fence parts... I suppose I have to be happy with the result, though it's really difficult to figure out how to do that with the items we have at our disposal. I'll let y'all be the judge.

I wish parts for Lisa's and Bart's castles didn't cost donuts. I'd really like to expand both of them. As it is, they're defending the approaches to the big castle. And I even put a few hay carts out to block the bridges to their island, though all those pesky invading nerds seem to figure out a way around.
Old 08-30-14, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Castle Mount:

Size:
Spoiler:

For some reason, I was awarded the hot air balloon twice. My tablet crashed just as the balloon award showed up, I'm thinking when I rebooted the game didn't know I already had one, so it gave me another.
Old 08-30-14, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Forgot to mention that the training dummy in the castle was a brilliant touch!
Old 08-30-14, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by story

Reached the part of the Quest with
Spoiler:
Burns' dialogue.
Too funny!
That's just he beginning...

Oh, that what happened last Saturday!

At levels 12, 15, and 18 castles generate +5 nerds
At levels 13, 16 and 19 castle capacity is increased by +5 nerds (helpful on reinforcement day)
At levels 11, 14, 17 and 20 castle defense increases by +1 hour
At levels 21+ castles generate a free wall piece, but since the level-up cost is so high (8500 to hit Level 19, 9400 for Level 20, 105,000(!) for Level 21) its not worth it.

My plan is to stop at 19 for all 3 castles, then used elixir to buy walls and banners and other decorations. Elixir will be worthless after the event but the decorations will be yours to keep forever. I am probably going to hoard elixir until nea the end in case there's a sale or if new expensive items get added.
Thanks! I have 20K of elixir right now. Time to spend it I guess.
Old 08-30-14, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Geez, am I doing NOTHING but TSTO today?

As reported earlier, there's a bug that can cause the shields on your invader-destroyed houses to be deleted and replaced with dollar signs. It's been narrowed-down, in that it is known to be repeatable if you visit Krustyland. So, if you're opting to allow your houses to be destroyed before tapping on the shield icons, do NOT visit Krustyland during the attack.

And if you're wondering why you'd want houses destroyed... it's not for YOUR benefit, your payout whether you defend or not is very small. It's for the attacker's benefit. They get 70 elixir and 25 gold (70/25) for destroying a house belonging to a random owner, but only 5/2 if that house is defended. The idea is that if everyone allows their houses to be destroyed, then as a community we'll all be rolling in currency.
Old 08-30-14, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Reinforcements arrive in 30 minutes. Don't let this happen to you:

If you're playing now, you should be at zero nerds. If you have nerds, spend them down now.

If you get reinforcements AND your castle(s) have nerds ready to be released, DO NOT tap your castles until you've used your reinforcements.
Old 08-30-14, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Here's a list of my neighbors who have gone idle. Most (all?) of them are DVDTalkers:

AsmodeusVice (last played 14 weeks ago)
berkleigh (4 weeks)
Cecilia0413 (18 weeks)
Deftones17 (21 weeks)
Funkpie420 (9 weeks)
Furiated (10 weeks)
Gooter (12 weeks)
jaimz09 (11 weeks)
jayderek (6 weeks)
ksm7179 (20 weeks)
lenam1979 (18 weeks)
Me007gold (7 weeks)
phodg (5 weeks)

I will be un-linking from all of them in Origin, then issuing new link requests to each. If they come back online, we'll be neighborly. But if they're gone, I can free up a slot for an active neighbor - after all there's a maximum # we can have, no need to hold spots for players who don't play.

Meanwhile, I have a few spots for new neighbors available. kenbuzzz (the extra "z" is for "zany!")
Berkleigh is my wife and just started playing again today. Her phone had run out of space, so she wasn't able to update for a while.
Old 08-30-14, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

My nerds are scheduled to refresh in half an hour.
Old 08-30-14, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's 3:15 and I have seen NO reinforcements!

This was from last Saturday:

Has anyone's throng o' nerds shown up? (And d777, I'm in the same boat. My regular nerds hit in 4 mins!)
Old 08-30-14, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I checked around 11:20 and nothing. And my refresh was up, so I just collected them and used them.
Old 08-30-14, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This appears to be a game-wide glitch:
http://tstoaddicts.com/2014/08/30/tr...-is-here-again

The files indicate that reinforcements are a weekly event. EA has been contacted. For now, if you have nerds ready to spawn, I recommend collecting them and immediately tasking them all.
Old 08-30-14, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Came back from a movie to find no reinforcements.

I used up my new crop of nerds, but at this rate I'll get another batch before anything else arrives.
Old 08-31-14, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

phodg (5 weeks)
Yeah, feel free to unfriend me. I only have 1.4 GB free on my iPad and the game tells me it's not enough space to run. I can't delete apps I need to make room for their crappy code. Sorry about that.
In other news, Family Guy works great.
Old 08-31-14, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

I've been on FG more then TO lately Even with the event going on in Springfield.

If I wasn't so far along on FG I'd create a new fb page so I could find more neighbors.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.