Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-14, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Man some of you have a ton of gold already.
Old 08-26-14, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems that some of the payouts have been changed. Defending my buildings gets me 10 elixir/5 gold. I believe it used to be 20/10. I've had some of my attacks against houses defended and only gotten 2/1.

Maybe it's a glitch. Maybe they decided that the payouts were too high. This event is slated to last til October 7.
Old 08-26-14, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My strategy is I will attack on a level 43s castles and just assume they will get defended but if I see someone below level 43 I'll click on their houses assuming they don't play the game as frequently also if I see burnt down houses that's a good indicator. Also clicking just before bed is more likely to help. I've been playing as much as possible and just passed 15K gold this morning. 1 nerd per attack. Definitely get into the "other springfield" each day too
Old 08-26-14, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Does anyone else have the attacks cleared when they go to Krustyland and then back? I seem to have all the houses cleared if I go to Krustyland.
Old 08-26-14, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bippitty
It seems that some of the payouts have been changed. Defending my buildings gets me 10 elixir/5 gold. I believe it used to be 20/10. I've had some of my attacks against houses defended and only gotten 2/1.

Maybe it's a glitch. Maybe they decided that the payouts were too high. This event is slated to last til October 7.
According to this calendar, I'm almost four days ahead of where I need to be, and I barely had time to play over the weekend. Maybe they miscalculated how much elixir would be generated from random attacks.
Old 08-26-14, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,023 Likes on 844 Posts

There's also the EA Tapped Out forum which is so scary I avoid it.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/233.page

According to the calendar, I'm about two days ahead of schedule at 7K (granted that's for end of day). I've been playing regularly but not aggressively, as in I try to collect my nerds and send them out quickly, but I've been letting my houses get destroyed. (I did like the Ant sign idea and did it, but can't recall seeing it anywhere else.) One complication is that letting a house get destroyed freezes up its earning ability as well as any character who is doing a task in that house. It seems slightly more neighborly to tap on the long-build houses when possible.

Ever since the reported glitch, I've just been avoiding Krustyland.
Old 08-26-14, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
According to this calendar, I'm almost four days ahead of where I need to be, and I barely had time to play over the weekend. Maybe they miscalculated how much elixir would be generated from random attacks.
I'm well ahead of the calendar, hence my suspicion that way. On the other hand, there are soooo many glitches with this game.

Someone contacted customer support and was told that it was a glitch. Supposedly an update coming out next week. Of course, customer support may not have accurate information.
Old 08-26-14, 09:26 PM
Banned

is this game any good big fan of Simpsons
Old 08-26-14, 09:54 PM

It can be fun and funny. It can also be extraordinarily glitchy. I like it enough to have kept at it despite the difficulties.
Old 08-26-14, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by joshboy
The game is funnier than the show has been for the past 15 years or whatever the hell they are at now.
Old 08-27-14, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm one week ahead. Not donuts used.

This is probably one of the best events ever.
Old 08-27-14, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Seriously. Between this and the Stone Cutter event they really have upped their game. I'm very happy right now.
Old 08-27-14, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Is there any value to leveling up "characters" with gold? I see alot of you are hoarding it. Am I missing something?
Old 08-27-14, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I just got a 24-hour questline so I put all my characters on 12-hour tasks. Thought about 24-hour tasks but 12-hour is not too much work for me, and the guys can sing the Stonecutters' song again.

Two of the elixir-earning characters I thought about putting on one-hour tasks, but those are tied to houses and I don't want to get them locked in, so I went with four-hour tasks.

I know I'm overthinking this.

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Is there any value to leveling up "characters" with gold? I see alot of you are hoarding it. Am I missing something?
You don't lose any gold by leveling up so you might as well do it (that's why we still have a lot of gold, unlike elixir). Theoretically they earn more elixir on their tasks if you do so.

Originally Posted by joshboy
I hope it's good, or we've wasted thousands of posts talking about it in this thread.
Old 08-27-14, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Gold isn't spent and depreciated like Elixir, it's just a cumulative reward.

As far as if it's useful to level up characters, it adds a very minor bump in Elixir to each character's Elixir-based tasks.

Example: Homer's 24 task at Level 1 earns at 20 Elixir, at Level 19 it earns 30.

The game wants you to get to Level 10 for each character, after that there's some vague dialogue that your neighbors will be able to view your levels after the event.

Whether that's some sort a badge, reward or new character skin remains to be seen.
Old 08-27-14, 11:34 AM

Received 1,925 Likes on 1,135 Posts
The leveling up is all a satire on people leaving this game to play Clash of Clans and your character levels up, big whoop, and all that. Check out the dialogue and the level-up text. This game is funnier than ever.
Old 08-27-14, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Adboy151
Gold isn't spent and depreciated like Elixir, it's just a cumulative reward.

As far as if it's useful to level up characters, it adds a very minor bump in Elixir to each character's Elixir-based tasks.

Example: Homer's 24 task at Level 1 earns at 20 Elixir, at Level 19 it earns 30.

The game wants you to get to Level 10 for each character, after that there's some vague dialogue that your neighbors will be able to view your levels after the event.

Whether that's some sort a badge, reward or new character skin remains to be seen.
I almost feel like the leveling up of the characters is a tongue in cheek joke about these type of games having you constantly leveling up things for minor incremental benefits.
Old 08-27-14, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by story
The leveling up is all a satire on people leaving this game to play Clash of Clans and your character levels up, big whoop, and all that. Check out the dialogue and the level-up text. This game is funnier than ever.
Ha, beat me to it
Old 08-27-14, 02:21 PM

There seems to be a glitch in the attacking system that could help those who can't play very often. If you launch attacks and then stay off the game until the time runs out for all attacks, the game will count all of them as wins even though most (or all) of them were losses.

Get maximum nerds. Attack one building per nerd. Keep track of the maximum attack time. If it was 12 hours, then wait until after 12 hours. When you come across buildings that take more than 12 hours, either skip them or send enough nerds to get it to 12. If you attack any buildings at 16 hours, leave the game for over 16 hours.

If you mess up the schedule, and open the game while you still have a few attacks waiting to finish, you may lose out on the glitch and only get credit for actual wins.
Old 08-28-14, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dialogue is just great. I'm at part 20th or something and the game just went too meta.

All my castles are level 10 now. What should I do with my elixir? I'm approaching 10,000. Should I just decorate my place? Or what's the best use of elixir once your castles are level 10?
Old 08-28-14, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Raul3
All my castles are level 10 now. What should I do with my elixir? I'm approaching 10,000. Should I just decorate my place? Or what's the best use of elixir once your castles are level 10?
You can keep leveling up your castles, but all it does is increase your defenses (how long it takes invaders to wreck a building) and nerd production. You won't get any more decorations. Considering I'm a full week ahead on gold collection and I'm not defending any buildings besides my castles, there's no real point to it.

I was planning to put a recycled and cardboard wall around the moat of my stone castle, but it turns out those cost donuts. Now I'm thinking I might put a stone wall all the way around Springfield.
Old 08-28-14, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by bippitty
There seems to be a glitch in the attacking system that could help those who can't play very often. If you launch attacks and then stay off the game until the time runs out for all attacks, the game will count all of them as wins even though most (or all) of them were losses.

Get maximum nerds. Attack one building per nerd. Keep track of the maximum attack time. If it was 12 hours, then wait until after 12 hours. When you come across buildings that take more than 12 hours, either skip them or send enough nerds to get it to 12. If you attack any buildings at 16 hours, leave the game for over 16 hours.

If you mess up the schedule, and open the game while you still have a few attacks waiting to finish, you may lose out on the glitch and only get credit for actual wins.
Other than stretches when you're sleeping or working, wouldn't it be a counteracting hit to not play the game for that long and not be collecting your nerds on a regular basis?

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
You can keep leveling up your castles, but all it does is increase your defenses (how long it takes invaders to wreck a building) and nerd production. You won't get any more decorations. Considering I'm a full week ahead on gold collection and I'm not defending any buildings besides my castles, there's no real point to it.
Yeah, I'm not protecting my houses either so building up my defenses will just stretch those wait times even longer.
Old 08-28-14, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777
Other than stretches when you're sleeping or working, wouldn't it be a counteracting hit to not play the game for that long and not be collecting your nerds on a regular basis?
I don't know. With the way that some of payouts have been cut, the glitch might end up bringing in more. It wouldn't matter to me since I prefer to play. Besides that, I'll probably get the last prize before the month is out.

Some people don't have the time to play much, or simply don't want to play much. The only extra work they would have to do is keep track of the time for their longest attack.
Old 08-28-14, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems like they've lowered the gold/elixir payout for not defending your towns since people were actively allowing houses to be destroyed. Looks like I'll have to start defending my town a little more if I'm going to be able to keep upgrading my characters. Call me crazy, but I'm trying to max out Homer at the very least. Good luck everyone!
Old 08-28-14, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, I forgot to mention. There is some sort of glitch regarding items you purchase with elixir. I purchased a ton of Barbarian Castle walls and every time I hit 30 in my inventory (I'm trying to save them for when we get future land so I can build up the castle more) it resets to zero when I purchase the 31st wall. Same thing was happening with the bridges and towers. My temporary solution is just to have them placed in a clump in my town until I see that the glitch has been fixed. I wasted a bunch of elixir before I realized what was going on and didn't want anyone else to be in the same boat.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.