Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-14, 08:42 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Originally Posted by Toddarino
Each box 80 times?! I gotta be doin something wrong then. Must be another way that I'm missing to collect eggs.
Yeah.. wow... Thats a lot of boxes to get.

Earlier I had enough blue eggs to get a box. So I traded in eggs and got golden eggs. Which gave me enough golden eggs to get a gold box. More fence pieces. :headslap:

I don't think I'm going to get 80 boxes of each color by the end of the event.
Old 04-22-14, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm opening two boxes, of just one color, max in a day.

So that would take me 120 days to get all the prizes.
Old 04-22-14, 09:52 AM

Received 1,925 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Okay, three things about all of that:

1. How would we even know about that 80 times thing?! Does it get leaked to sites like Topix or do people look at the code or what?
2. I must have no idea how to actually collect eggs because I have 1200 blue eggs, 300 pink eggs, and 0 gold eggs and I've been tapping all weekend.
3. I'm not impressed by this event very much, I'm afraid, and in terms of timing, why did they start it just a few days before Easter? Why not start much earlier? Gonna be tired of bunnies and eggs soon.

Kinda "meh" on this one so far, but hoping it picks up.
Old 04-22-14, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,023 Likes on 844 Posts

Hard to imagine opening each box 80 times without some serious EA intervention. At least the quest is unlocking some new ways to generate eggs.

I wish discostu were still posting in this thread. He has between 76K and 89K of each kind of egg stored up as well as some of the prizes like the Blok Store, Banana Dictatorship, and Egg Man. I assume he's just spending donuts.
Old 04-22-14, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by story
3. I'm not impressed by this event very much, I'm afraid, and in terms of timing, why did they start it just a few days before Easter? Why not start much earlier? Gonna be tired of bunnies and eggs soon.
Eastertide (or the Easter Season, Paschal Time, Paschal Tide or Paschaltide) is a festal season in the liturgical year of Christianity that begins on Easter Sunday
Eastertide is the period of fifty days from Easter Sunday to Pentecost Sunday.
Old 04-22-14, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know if I mentioned it, but carrots takes 4 hours and gives you 10 bunnies, if you have witch marge you can speed that up to 10 bunnies every 2 hours. I think the most you can have is 60 bunnies on the screen so if you are near max, clear the bunnies before harvesting the carrots.

I'm up to about 17 fences, banana dictatorship, a few other minor pieces.

Eventually more people will be filling your basket if they max out their color, they will be trading in their eggs for the ones they need.

80 boxes is a lot. This event runs about 30 days, they've been known to extend these events. Still, that's 8 boxes a day for all 240 boxes. I'm only getting 3-4 boxes a day, I'd guess
Old 04-22-14, 10:29 AM

Received 1,925 Likes on 1,135 Posts

I know, Wikipedia Jake, I know. But culturally the bunny stuff of Easter leads into Easter Sunday and pretty much stops after that as far as I can tell.

This event should only last as long as my family's Easter candy does. So it should have ended yesterday...

I haven't put out a basket because I don't want to spend the donuts on it. I haven't gotten a free one, otherwise.
Old 04-22-14, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by story
2. I must have no idea how to actually collect eggs because I have 1200 blue eggs, 300 pink eggs, and 0 gold eggs and I've been tapping all weekend.
You've probably heard this before, but you'll want to trade in your blue eggs for pink using your neighbors' blue baskets (indicated by the top-right icon). Be sure not to use a pink basket to trade pink for blue, though. Cashing in your pink and blue eggs for boxes is the only way to get gold eggs. (Although there are blue prizes I'd like to get--well, one building, I guess--I try to maximize my pinks and cash those in.

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
Eastertide (or the Easter Season, Paschal Time, Paschal Tide or Paschaltide) is a festal season in the liturgical year of Christianity that begins on Easter Sunday
Eastertide is the period of fifty days from Easter Sunday to Pentecost Sunday.
I'm sure that's what EA was thinking. Either that, or they just didn't finish the update in time to get it out earlier.

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
I don't know if I mentioned it, but carrots takes 4 hours and gives you 10 bunnies, if you have witch marge you can speed that up to 10 bunnies every 2 hours.
For a second, I thought you meant Witch Suzanne, who I always just throw on 24-hour tasks. I don't have witch Marge.
Old 04-22-14, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Just reached level 39. Can someone tell me....is there unlimited map space or does it actually end somewhere?
Old 04-22-14, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think it's 16x16, there is a limit
Old 04-22-14, 01:47 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Just got my first gold box, and it was .... a pastel picket fence.
Old 04-22-14, 06:55 PM

My game buying wheel says Dragon Age: Inquisition will be a used purchase.
Old 04-22-14, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 827 Likes on 548 Posts

Some people filled my pink basket with eggs. I got some fences. Thanks for the effort guys.
Old 04-22-14, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by bippitty
My game buying wheel says Dragon Age: Inquisition will be a used purchase.
I... don't even know what this means.
Old 04-22-14, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777
I... don't even know what this means.
It means that EA gets no money from me.
Old 04-23-14, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Cashed in three pink boxes!

I got one tree, three fences (I'm now up to 16), and 300 golden eggs. I then parlayed 500 golden eggs into... an Easter gate, which didn't even get me credit for a fence.

I could really use another basket. The bunnies haven't dropped any in a couple days.
Old 04-23-14, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm just looking for blue eggs at this point as I have every item from the pink boxes so I have been looking for pink-->Blue egg baskets at my neighbors.
I need Johnny Fiestas and Egg Council guy from the blue boxes
One of the alien Topiaries, Hugs Bunny and Shary Bobbins from the Gold Boxes
I have everything else.

I just opened a blue box, got 300 gold eggs, that gave me 500 gold eggs, opened a gold box got 250 blue eggs.
Old 04-23-14, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Went to bed last night, I had two baskets almost full. Get up this morning, they're both empty. Great work there, EA.

Also, before you harvest carrots, make sure you clear some bunnies out of your town. Apparently there's an upper limit on how many bunnies your town can hold, and if you harvest carrots when it's full, you get nothing.
Old 04-24-14, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Acquired 2000 blue eggs. Traded them in for 1000 pink eggs. Bought two pink boxes, each with 300 gold eggs. Bought one gold box. Useless unplayable bunny character.

It's discouraging to see how many neighbors have given up the game mid-event. They have some eggs, but they never go back to their towns.

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
Also, before you harvest carrots, make sure you clear some bunnies out of your town. Apparently there's an upper limit on how many bunnies your town can hold, and if you harvest carrots when it's full, you get nothing.
Learned that the hard way yesterday.
Old 04-24-14, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
Went to bed last night, I had two baskets almost full. Get up this morning, they're both empty. Great work there, EA.

I make a point to smash bunnies before I harvest my carrots, i smash as many as I can and I don't see anymore but every time I harvest carrots my screen flashes and I don't get any bunnies!
Old 04-24-14, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I think I'm done with this game, after playing for going on two years. I traded in about 6,000 eggs - a mix of blue and pink. Got fences, gates, Easter ponds and Easter trees. Nothing at all that was even useful - not even a non-playing character. I'm not going to bother wasting any more of my time on it. Unfortunately I think a lot of other people are also coming to the same conclusion.
Old 04-25-14, 09:31 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Ugh.. this event is painful.

After getting 3 pink boxes, a blue box and a gold box yesterday, I ended up with the following.

2 fences, beach towel and umbrella, and Banana Dictatorship (finally a good item).

I Am hoping for the the Blocko building, Johnny Fiestas, Shary Bobbins, and Father Sean now.. the rest I don't care if I get or not. I'm not sure if the Hugs Bunny from the gold box is good, nor buny #24601. Same with the Egg Council Guy from the Blue box.
Old 04-25-14, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
Ugh.. this event is painful.

After getting 3 pink boxes, a blue box and a gold box yesterday, I ended up with the following.

2 fences, beach towel and umbrella, and Banana Dictatorship (finally a good item).

I Am hoping for the the Blocko building, Johnny Fiestas, Shary Bobbins, and Father Sean now.. the rest I don't care if I get or not. I'm not sure if the Hugs Bunny from the gold box is good, nor buny #24601. Same with the Egg Council Guy from the Blue box.
The Banana Dictatorship is my only good score as well, and I'm hoping for the same ones you are. I did get 24601 (ha, just read that number and got the joke) and he's useless.

In the main quest part 14, Homer says
Spoiler:
this Easter box will be really good. I got my third tree in it.
Old 04-25-14, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I managed to get five boxes yesterday. Won gold eggs three times, the demonic bunny thing, and Johnny Fiesta's, so it's not impossible. Since the Egg Council guy isn't that interesting, I'm thinking about trading all my blue eggs for pink from now on.
Old 04-25-14, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I just visited olan's town and tapped Johnny Fiestas and the Blocko store for eggs.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.