Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-14, 10:06 PM

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,146 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

I checked every inbox except spam and you're right, there it was. Gmail said it contains a lot of similarities to spam so I wonder what that's about.

After that other TSTO blog was taken over by that Gamezino thing I got a little weary when I didn't see anything in my inbox.

Last edited by story; 01-19-14 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-20-14, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kstublen,

Wow! I love your town. Great job there.
Old 01-20-14, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kstublen
I've spent a lot of time setting my town up and moving things around and always wanted to share it on the forum. I think I finally have a way (hopefully this works):

https://tsto.me/s/kwstub#2074,1907 (might take a second to load)

Let me know what you think!

(I also hid a bunch of training walls behind buildings once my Righteousness Rating fell for the first time to 1-Star; for some reason, the above screen-shot actually shows them, but if you visit my town in-game they're hidden))
Great town, I love the use of the waterfall!
Old 01-20-14, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen

Let me know what you think!
)
The Springfield Sign section is great, I like your beach area too, Fort sensible is pretty good too. I have seen a few towns use the bushes to create a hill effect, I like the bench placement. I noticed some other things, but it is stuff I have already seen in other towns.
Old 01-20-14, 11:09 AM

If people sign up at that website and post here or send me a PM I'll gladly update the OP with links so we can see each others' towns easily.
Old 01-20-14, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,033 Likes on 851 Posts

Nice town, kstublen!

I'm at 50% bonus, and I don't have some of the big items like the Springfield sign or the mountain. I have a couple cars, a couple other multipliers, then what I've gotten from the mystery box (white picket fences, snowmen, etc.). So I can see how some people have much higher bonus rates.

It's been a while since I used the weather stations as an XP boost. At about $7K net cost, it's a good way to burn my $11M, right? So I bought and sold a bunch of them yesterday, enough to combine with my regular play to level up a couple times. It got me to thinking maybe I can afford the Blond-Headed Lawyer and a nice building, which sound a lot more fun than using donuts on multipliers. Then I realized all that still only got me six donuts, and I'd burned over a million in cash. I guess this won't be a regular strategy for me.
Old 01-20-14, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So I open a case with EA and they wrote back and asked me to post all my information in a different EA thread.

I think my run with the Simpsons Tapped Out may be over.
Old 01-20-14, 02:55 PM

I've put a hot link in the OP for both kwstub and my towns via tsto.me if people want to take a look at our towns.

If anyone has some thoughts on my town, I'd love to hear them. A few months ago I put everything into 8 x 8 grid plates and I've done some rearranging over the last couple of days.
Old 01-20-14, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by story
I've put a hot link in the OP for both kwstub and my towns via tsto.me if people want to take a look at our towns.

If anyone has some thoughts on my town, I'd love to hear them. A few months ago I put everything into 8 x 8 grid plates and I've done some rearranging over the last couple of days.
I like your layout and your building relationships, but I don't like your use of decorations. I like your bumper cars section and how they are next to the mini golf and the mall. Springfield park is very plain and the stuff in there doesn't make a lot of sense like the newspaper box and the statues and bell either need decor around them or shouldnt even be in the park. Too many peanut carts outside the coliseum. Don't like the elementary school yard, with the dumpsters, not a whole lot of volleyball going on in elementary school just looks a little tight in there. Burns Manor not so good, don't like the cemetary and random brick walls with open access you have there, I picture his place like Fort Knox. I like the island you have near the nuke plant with the fire pit, but don't like it near the nuke plant and don't like a water fall there, which is next to the buddhist temple which is in between the jail and the nuke plant. Not sure about that squidport layout too many openings. To each his own though
Old 01-20-14, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
I like your layout and your building relationships, but I don't like your use of decorations. I like your bumper cars section and how they are next to the mini golf and the mall. Springfield park is very plain and the stuff in there doesn't make a lot of sense like the newspaper box and the statues and bell either need decor around them or shouldnt even be in the park. Too many peanut carts outside the coliseum. Don't like the elementary school yard, with the dumpsters, not a whole lot of volleyball going on in elementary school just looks a little tight in there. Burns Manor not so good, don't like the cemetary and random brick walls with open access you have there, I picture his place like Fort Knox. I like the island you have near the nuke plant with the fire pit, but don't like it near the nuke plant and don't like a water fall there, which is next to the buddhist temple which is in between the jail and the nuke plant. Not sure about that squidport layout too many openings. To each his own though
Sorry this sounded harsher than I meant it to. Overall it's nice, if I was taking it over though, I'd move and change some of the decorating items. As kstublen says about the brick walls then it might change how the Burnsy Manor looks. In fact thinking about doing some islands now, I had some before but they always looked square and lame. I have all my sci-fi stuff on an island, like it's own little isolated area 51
Old 01-21-14, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 330 Likes on 201 Posts

DaveWadding, what is up with the house farm?

Edit: Caught up on thread, best cash house apparently.

Last edited by SterlingBen; 01-21-14 at 01:25 AM.
Old 01-21-14, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

I just switched from brown houses to blue houses.
Old 01-22-14, 10:56 AM

Sorry this sounded harsher than I meant it to. Overall it's nice, if I was taking it over though, I'd move and change some of the decorating items. As kstublen says about the brick walls then it might change how the Burnsy Manor looks. In fact thinking about doing some islands now, I had some before but they always looked square and lame. I have all my sci-fi stuff on an island, like it's own little isolated area 51
I was surprised because it did come off to me as a little harsh on first read but honestly, no worries, bro. Took your advice on spacing out Squidport buildings and some decoration modification, good tips. This will sound weird, but I have a little story that goes along with all of your feedback.

- That brick wall situation around Burns' Manor is definitely as kstuben points out. It looks weird on the tsto.me deal but all of those doors are hidden by the pine trees in the actual town. I did put up some gates, though, because you're right, it should be a little more impenetrable.

- As for the islands, if you like them you should see them in the actual town, too, because I have Chalmers on 24-hour task of living off the land and Moe on the 12-hour task of spying on Midge right behind him. I have them like this all the time and it makes me laugh quite a bit. I only have this one bush in my whole map to guarantee this is where Moe ends up for the task.

- I have like a thousand newspaper boxes and have no idea where to put all of these. You'd think they'd give us the Springfield Shopper building by now!

- One of the main city parks in my hometown is wide open with this random Civil War statue and decommissioned WWII tank in it. When I think of city parks, this is the image that pops in my head (hence, the bell and Jebediahs).

- When I put all those food carts by the stadiums, I thought about how at fairs, stadiums, etc. you essentially have the same food offered from essentially the same restaurants, only instead of just one there's like a half-dozen of them. Those peanut carts are a satire!

- I think it's funny to have the beautiful waterfall right next to the power plant and surrounded by nuclear waste and sludge.

Originally Posted by DaveWadding
I just switched from brown houses to blue houses.
Gotta go with the house farm that fits your schedule / play style. That's why I switched from brown to blue to white houses. Good for you.

Anybody else do the tsto.me thing and want their town hotlinked in the OP?
Old 01-22-14, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by story

- I have like a thousand newspaper boxes and have no idea where to put all of these. You'd think they'd give us the Springfield Shopper building by now!

- One of the main city parks in my hometown is wide open with this random Civil War statue and decommissioned WWII tank in it. When I think of city parks, this is the image that pops in my head (hence, the bell and Jebediahs).

- I think it's funny to have the beautiful waterfall right next to the power plant and surrounded by nuclear waste and sludge.
With the newspaper boxes you could always sell them.

All the statues in the towns I have lived are usually in a downtown setting. Parks are a good spot for teenage vandals to hang out so they don't have too many statues there that is why I had that view on them. I am used to playgrounds, sports fields/courts, trees and walking paths with the occasional pavillion in the parks I have been.

I try to make my town look as realistic as possible, obviously with the Simpsons they have some zany stuff and there is no right or wrong way to design it, I appreciate anyone that puts the time and effort to put some thought into what they are doing. I felt bad afterwards, thinking I should have been more encouraging and less critical, especially to the guy putting in all the work on this thread.
Old 01-22-14, 07:47 PM

My last hurdle to 5 stars is Consumerism. Once the next couple of Kwik-E-Marts are finished, I'll have 6 extra. If that doesn't fill the meter, I'll have to build a couple more. Then I'll have to figure out what to do with all of them. They ought to have a few more non-donutty stores available.

They should also give out a big trophy decoration (preferably adding to Consumerism). Proudly proclaiming TSTO as the Undisputed King of Crash. This app has not only crashed more often than any other app I've seen, not only more than all others combined, but all others combined would be a distant second that is rapidly falling farther behind.
Old 01-22-14, 11:14 PM

I felt bad afterwards, thinking I should have been more encouraging and less critical, especially to the guy putting in all the work on this thread.
Honestly, don't worry about it, bro.

Haven't had a chance to tap all day but that's becoming more the norm on Wednesdays. I always seem to end up 24-36 hours behind everyone else in new levels / storylines.
Old 01-23-14, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a great tip from the forums.

Hi everyone. Here's a handy tip to ensure you'll get three bonus donuts the first time you hit the bonus level up.

As you might already know, the three donuts move to left of their last position from when you last won them. So, if the three donuts are in the right hand box, the next time you level up they will be in the middle box, and the time after that, the left hand box and then back to the right, middle, left etc etc.

Now the trick is to remember in which box the three donuts were when you last got them! So to help me remember, I've placed a trash can next to the Simpsons house and I move it from the right of the house, to in front of the house and to the left of the house, depending on where the three donuts are due to be next time I hit the bonus level.

So when I'm close to hitting the bonus, I check to see where the trash can is and this tells me in which box the three donuts will be. For players with not much $$$, it'll help save $50k or $100k guessing where the three donuts are.
Old 01-23-14, 11:57 PM

Nice find, Raul, thanks for sharing!
Old 01-25-14, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,033 Likes on 851 Posts

I hit the three donuts on the first try--thanks for the tip!

I'm surprised they still haven't fixed the problem of Lisa babysitting Rod and Todd for the XP of only one character. Glad I have the Sacajawea outfit that gives Lisa an eight-hour task without requiring Lugash's gym.

Last night I hit the first six neighbors on my list, and since the next towns were eight hours from revisiting, I was ready to shut down the game and go to bed. My mistake to then scroll over and see EVERY OTHER NEIGHBOR ready to tap. It was a little daunting, then I realized that I only had to tap the "tile" towns once. That would restart the clock without having to go back out and in three times, and I could resume tile-tapping the next day at my leisure. It might also give them a chance to tap their own tile in the meantime and earn an extra. Win win!
Old 01-25-14, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

For some reason, I find myself flush with cash. I guess the house farm is paying off. Anyway, I decided to grab enough land to get to the north-easternmost corner of the grid and am going to build the 3D Megaprison out from there....

I can't quite get it to fit in the real estate squares I've purchased... need to buy two more squares to finish the southeast face of the brown wall. But if y'all want to swing by sometime to take a gander, I'd appreciate feedback.

The build instructions are here: http://tstoaddicts.com/2014/01/23/3d...e-mega-prison/

Edited to add: Looks like I started the southwest brown wall one space too close to the prison, resulting in everything below it being misaligned. It's a simple, but tedious, fix. I'll probably tackle that later tonight. Once I get Bluestacks up and running on my laptop, I'll screencap my Megaprison for comparison.

Last edited by kenbuzz; 01-25-14 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-25-14, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,368 Likes on 930 Posts

that looks cool.
Old 01-25-14, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones
that looks cool.
That's not mine - that the design I'm hoping to emulate. This is mine:

Old 01-25-14, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 209 Posts

Damn. I'm interested in building that.
Old 01-25-14, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's big. It takes up a 2x3 grid of real estate squares. I bought the four squares in the far north-east corner and it's incomplete. Need another $89,000 just to buy the last two land squares to allow me to complete it.
Old 01-25-14, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Updated to fix the alignment issue (look at the southern-most corner in the before and after photos) and to add a notch-out for the western-most corner.

Once I can afford more land I'll complete the southern wall (there will be a 6th line of fences) and will do something about getting a road built to connect it to the rest of my Springfield.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.