Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-14, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

If you plan on buying the DLC anyways, you might as well for an extra $5.
Old 07-13-14, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
That's what I'm saying. I don't know how this is getting away with a T rating when all of the Halo games (except Halo Wars) were rated M. Just thought it was a little odd.
Activision is paying off the ESRB?
Old 07-13-14, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
huh? I had the option for in-store pick up with the LE for Xbox One when I purchased online, which I chose.

you probably can't do in-store because you waited too long and the allotted amount for your local stores have been sold.
Here's the link to the Destiny Limited Edition at Best Buy.....but this is the PS4 version

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/destiny-limited-edition-playstation-4/7993019.p?id=1219306851831&skuId=7993019&st=categoryid$pcmcat296300050018&lp=8&cp=5

...I did a preorder, added to cart and the only option is shipping. There is no option showing Store Pickup.

I ended up just doing the Digital Guardian Preorder thru PS4. Pre-load starts on 9/6 and I'll have it right at midnight.
Old 07-13-14, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

you are not understanding. it is very possible it was available for in store pick up. you may have missed that window because you were late to the ship after they put them up.
Old 07-13-14, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^this. When I bought my LE it was avail for in store pickup. Later on, when I went to buy it again for a friend, it was not. So as Def said earlier, each store must have X number of LE's available. When those are sold and accounted for, it defaults to shipping only.
Old 07-13-14, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones
you are not understanding. it is very possible it was available for in store pick up. you may have missed that window because you were late to the ship after they put them up.
This.

Considering you can do Store Pickup for the Limited Editions on other platforms, it's clear as fucking day Best Buy has sold out of allotment for the PS4 edition in their retail stores.
Old 07-13-14, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I still don't know which system I am going to get Destiny on. I bought Titanfall (and the XB1) to mostly play with my friends, and most of them haven't really been into the game unfortunately.

Now, they all are saying they're getting Destiny for the XB1, but I was hoping to pick it up for PS4 since the rumors of it being the superior (if only slightly) version. I think I'm going to probably pick it up for the PS4, even though I don't have a huge friend's list there. Hopefully I can play with some people on here.
Originally Posted by K&AJones
Get the PS4 version...we're already seeing enough here that almost warrants bringing back the DVD Talk Clan of long ago....when the first Halo came out on the Xbox...plenty of good times and laughs from back then.
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Get it for the ps4 as it could be a repeat of what just happened with Titanfall. Your friends get it, lose excitement for it and then you are stuck playing it by yourself or with annoying unknowns online.
Originally Posted by chess
Between the early beta, some other undisclosed exclusive content and consistent differences in resolution/framerate for many games, the PS4 version seems like a no-brainer provided you have the option.

There will be a bunch of folks to play with on here, and a most of us are more friendly than we're made out to be. I'd suggest using Destiny as an opportunity to build your PS friends list.
so I usually just join random games when MP gaming on PS3 and now PS4
I'd be willing/interested in gaming with the group from here for this game
I'm usually on in the evening (9:00 pm to around 2:00 am cst ..... later on weekends)
do "we" have a group set up yet? can we get this going if not?
Old 07-14-14, 12:18 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

This looks nifty:

DESTINY’S COMPANION APP IS ACTUALLY USEFUL — IGN FIRST ] by Marty Sliva

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...ul-a-ign-first

When the Destiny beta launches, your experience in Bungie’s massive universe is also going to exist outside the confines of your television in the form of Destiny’s companion app. What’s even more surprising is that the iOS, Android, and web application is actually useful.

One of the focuses of the companion app is to highlight your character and progression throughout the game, and really celebrate the growth of your Guardian. The app features fully-realized 3D models of each one of your characters, which will change in real time as you equip them with new weapons and armor. What’s even more interesting is that the changes you make to your character in the app are instantly reflected on your character in the actual game itself.

Given the RPG nature of Destiny, the app is there to help you keep track of all of the statistics, progression, missions, and bounties of your characters. You can thumb through your inventory, check out which vendors are currently occupying the Tower, and explore Destiny’s lore through the Grimoire. Throughout Destiny, you’ll unlock cards that delve a bit deeper into characters, locations, and events from Bungie’s universe. The Grimoire is your gateway into fully unraveling Destiny’s world and story.

The free app is going to be available on iOS, Android, and web when the beta hits, and you’ll be able to use it the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One versions of the game. One thing to note is that during the beta, the iOS version of the app will only be available on iPhones. By launch, players will be able to use a larger iPad version of the companion. Bungie says that a Windows Phone version is not planned.
Old 07-14-14, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by musick
so I usually just join random games when MP gaming on PS3 and now PS4
I'd be willing/interested in gaming with the group from here for this game
I'm usually on in the evening (9:00 pm to around 2:00 am cst ..... later on weekends)
do "we" have a group set up yet? can we get this going if not?
I'm up for it but I don't do much MP hardly anymore. It's mainly co-op style though Destiny could change that....along with Planetside 2 whenever it comes. It should be a decent amount with both systems up and playing. I'll play with anyone but I consider myself more casual than serious. I've played with all age groups though I stick with the more mature crowd like over at AGE, online friends and anyone who doesn't cuss like a "drunken Sailor on a Saturday Night".
Old 07-14-14, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sounds like the beta will include four story chapters and four competitive multiplayer maps

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/14/589...ve-multiplayer
Old 07-14-14, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

If you're gonna be buying/playing the retail game for sure, what's the point of playing the beta? That'd be like watching a few scenes of a movie before watching the entire movie on it's own; it would spoil the experience.
Old 07-14-14, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101
If you're gonna be buying/playing the retail game for sure, what's the point of playing the beta? That'd be like watching a few scenes of a movie before watching the entire movie on it's own; it would spoil the experience.
Because for a lot of people, the beta will help determine if the individual on the fence buys it or not. While I'm buying it simply off the fact I love Bungie, I'm excited for the beta as it'll give me experience how the game plays as the gameplay videos have done absolutely nothing for me.

I told myself after Battlefield 3 that I wasn't going to pay for Battlefield 4. I played the beta, changed my mind, and... well... I feel EA bait and switched me.

The Titanfall beta got me even more pumped up for the actual game.
Old 07-14-14, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Because for a lot of people, the beta will help determine if the individual on the fence buys it or not.
You didn't fully read my question.
Old 07-14-14, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

to hone your skills
Old 07-14-14, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You didn't fully read my question.
I did and I responded with my response on Titanfall.

For a game that is open-world and is specifically built around competitive multiplayer and co-op, the beta does not ruin the experience for me nor should it for anyone else.

If the beta was for a game that had no multiplayer component to in, I could see why people would be ruined or spoiled by a beta.

For a game as large in (replayable) content as Destiny, it should hold no factor.
Old 07-14-14, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well for me it's basically a hunger for that style of game on the PS4 after coming from the 360. I played the Halos and Gears games left & right on the 360. I've played Killzone, BF4 and Wolfenstien on the PS4, all good solid shooters but neither of them at the time had coop. Some of us Halo Vets got a Easter Egg mentioning Desting long ago and we kept asking ever since...and that day has finally came. I think XO owners feel the same especially with Bungie's History with Halo....it's a bit of natural reaction.
Old 07-14-14, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Doesn't seem that difficult to reason that if someone is extremely excited about a particular game, they'd love to try it out as soon as possible to get a taste of it.
Old 07-14-14, 08:18 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I thought the beta players would have their progress carry over to the main game. Did I dream that?

Anyway, mark me down as a fence sitter. The beta will determine if I keep my pre-order or cancel it.
Old 07-14-14, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
I thought the beta players would have their progress carry over to the main game. Did I dream that?
Might've just been a beautiful dream!

From http://www.techtimes.com/articles/98...-announced.htm :

Fans who are looking to gain access to the Destiny beta should keep in mind that developers use beta periods as testing grounds for putting a game and its servers through their paces. As such, none of the progress that players make in the beta will carry over to the official launch. Everything that happens during the beta is wiped and reset before the game's release. The incentive for gamers is that they get to try out various aspects of the game and get a feel for the play before anyone else.
Old 07-14-14, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think they have said one way or another if your progress will carry over. I wouldn't be surprised if you get a piece of armor or something though for being part of the beta.

Did you play the alpha?
Old 07-16-14, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

iOS and Android companion apps are live now

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dest...441444902?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...c.bungiemobile
Old 07-16-14, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

WP8 users.
Old 07-17-14, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anyone received their PS4/PS3 beta codes yet? I have heard some people have got them, but nothing for me yet.
Old 07-17-14, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing for me, and PSN is down due to high volume. As long as I can get it downloading tonight when I go to bed, I'll be happy.
Old 07-17-14, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts
I have my code and redeemed it on Sony's website, but I can't get in to actually do anything with it on the console.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.