Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-14, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

Wasting money is kind of the point. Glimmer is pretty much useless at this point. I'll take cryptarch xp and weapon parts over ammo refills I'm never going to need.
Old 10-09-14, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
I was just saying that they're a wiser investment than green emblems from the Cryptarch if you're close to hitting your glimmer cap and need to spend somewhere. Not sure about the max you can hold, but I know you can put them in your vault so it's probably a lot.
oh I agree as that is what I said above
but then you said to buy as much as you can hold
Old 10-09-14, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sven
Wasting money is kind of the point. Glimmer is pretty much useless at this point. I'll take cryptarch xp and weapon parts over ammo refills I'm never going to need.
If you plan on doing high-level strikes, nightfalls, and raids, you'll need ammo refills. Some of the modifiers that show up on those will limit your ammo pickups. And there's no such thing as too much heavy ammo when taking down a bullet-sponge boss and his many minions.
Old 10-09-14, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,186 Likes on 4,213 Posts

At least there's some potential use for money. In Borderlands 2, its only function was to piss me off at the cost of resurrection.
Old 10-09-14, 05:28 PM

I don't care about the raid and everything else in this game is cake with even a little help from someone else.
Old 10-09-14, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, have fun with that. Regardless, it's good advice for others who are wondering where to spend their excess money.
Old 10-10-14, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Holy shit. Ice Breaker for 17 coins.

I might just buy 2!
Old 10-10-14, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Fry's has this for $30 w/ promo code through Saturday. Can't believe it's dropped that quickly.
Old 10-10-14, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I'm on the verge of putting this aside unless I get some better Luck this weekend. The last few days and most of the week has not been good and I feel like I'm treading in quicksand moving up. I've been stuck it seems forever with both characters now at Level 26. This week I've seen one Legendary and that was doing the first part of The Raid. I've leveled the Crytarch twice this week and got six Blue Engrams which ended up just rare items. I've decoded probably 22-25 Rare Engrams this week and almost all turned into Rare Items.The three legendary guns I have with both charcters were obtained when they were Level 22.

I screwed up bad last night...not once but twice or at least with one of those "1 in a 1000" pinpoint shot hits from the enemy doing The Nightfall screwing the team out of getting the mission.. I can't help doing the harder missions because I don't have enough good stuff and not leveled up and I'm not getting anything doing the noraml Strikes or daily to help out on the harder missions. this weekend is pretty much it. If I cannot get better stuff, level up and actual help then I'm out for awhile back to Warframe, Diablo or finish The Last of Us....
Old 10-10-14, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by maxfisher
Fry's has this for $30 w/ promo code through Saturday. Can't believe it's dropped that quickly.
Just because a store is running a promo does not equal a game price drop...
Old 10-10-14, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't sweat it Buzz. Not gonna lie, that first one hurt a bit, but we'll get that done this weekend.

And don't rely on random drops for your exotics. You should have enough coins to get yourself a nice piece of exotic armor and the mother of all sniper rifles from Xur...a pretty good recipe for level 27-30 and a good gun to assist a lower level character in contributing without putting yourself in danger.
Old 10-10-14, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

PSA on the Icebreaker: it generates ammo, and even if sniper rifles aren't your thing, a quick weapon swap will recharge your ammo for any secondary.

Xur is down by the Speaker this weekend.

I also bought the Warlock robe to pimp out my Voidwalker subclass, which I prefer using on lower level stuff.
Old 10-10-14, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chess
Don't sweat it Buzz. Not gonna lie, that first one hurt a bit, but we'll get that done this weekend.

And don't rely on random drops for your exotics. You should have enough coins to get yourself a nice piece of exotic armor and the mother of all sniper rifles from Xur...a pretty good recipe for level 27-30 and a good gun to assist a lower level character in contributing without putting yourself in danger.

I think between the two characters I have close to 47 coins. Both characters have over 180 on Vanguard points. The Titan has four pcs of Legendary Armor and the Warlock three...been holding out spending the vanguard points. I'm sorry about last night but seriously...I was under that ramp and suddenly was getting pounded and made a move to get down in that little hole with the fence and that freaking Eye was over where we get in and in 2 seconds I was dead. That just left me feeling like someone punched me in the stomach.

I'll take a look at the Sniper but each character has a decent Legendary one already. I would like to grab a good Fusion or even a Hand Cannon since my Fusions and Shotguns are all Rare If we do play tonight...considering the major booboo I did last night...IF..I'll do better. I just feel like a hindrance than anything. Heck even with RoyFurious last night it was like just stay in the back and snipe or something.
Old 10-10-14, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I feel the same at times Buzz, especially if I haven't played the area before (or in awhile) and am not sure what to do.
Old 10-10-14, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Music
I feel the same at times Buzz, especially if I haven't played the area before (or in awhile) and am not sure what to do.

Maybe some of us can change our clan name to the....

Dumb & Dumber Daggers of Destiny......

...the sad part is it's like a Catch 22...you cannot really play an area and know what to do because you're either told to get in the back, always hiding or running for your life. And you can't really contribute or do anything unless you get better stuff which you need to play the higher levels which you're basically along for the ride hiding and running for your life....
Old 10-10-14, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I think between the two characters I have close to 47 coins.
If you get through this weekend without the Ice Breaker and a piece of exotic armor for both of your characters (43 coins total), I'm disowning you.

Both characters have over 180 on Vanguard points. The Titan has four pcs of Legendary Armor and the Warlock three...been holding out spending the vanguard points.
Vanguard points are more or less irrelevant, because the armor you can buy with them is sort of middle of the road.

I'm sorry about last night but seriously...I was under that ramp and suddenly was getting pounded and made a move to get down in that little hole with the fence and that freaking Eye was over where we get in and in 2 seconds I was dead. That just left me feeling like someone punched me in the stomach.
Shit Buzz, you can be on my team any time. We will get that done. Period.

I'll take a look at the Sniper but each character has a decent Legendary one already.
This sniper isn't legendary. It's exotic. And you really really really really need to buy it. Thank me later.
Old 10-10-14, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Heck even with RoyFurious last night it was like just stay in the back and snipe or something.
I thought we did good last night. The Nightfall is just really hard this week with the triple damage. The one shot kills are tough to defend from.
Old 10-10-14, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chase3001
I thought we did good last night. The Nightfall is just really hard this week with the triple damage. The one shot kills are tough to defend from.
Yeah, we did fine Buzz. Though I have to say, someone may or may not have said "You're a little bit closer than I'd like" about 60 seconds before you got one shotted.

Anyway, get that Ice Breaker, and we'll snipe them into a fine red mist. It's all good.
Old 10-10-14, 01:10 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I did this weeks nightfall solo..I thought it was easier with all my weapons doing so much bonus damage. I did it again later with my son and friend and with three titans, all using orb generating globes we just stayed inside permanent globes the whole time and took out the boss in maybe 2 minutes..
Old 10-10-14, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We just had gun issues. Not the best gear and the wrong elements on top of that.

And I think I was the only 28.
Old 10-10-14, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It sucks when there are different element enemies in the same place.
Old 10-10-14, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chase3001
I appreciate your help...and patience as well. I've probably put a few gray hairs in Chess's head lately and caused a few headaches as well. It's good to get with some here and play.

I'll grab that sniper...heck that's one area I feel I can actually do well. Should I even consider the Legendary Guns available though? The titan has a Legendary Scout and Sniper and Warlock has an Exoctic Auto and Legndary Sniper and that's it...everything else is Rare and maxed out.

Update...I went on a spending spree.....
Exotic Ice Breaker Sniper
Exotic Helm of Inmost Light for Titan
Exotic Chest Voidfang Vestments for Warlock
Legendary Vanguard Boots for Warlock

Last edited by K&AJones; 10-10-14 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-10-14, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you have the means to buy the legendary weapons that are available by the various vendors in the tower you should definitely buy them. I have 6 exotic weapons, and honestly their legendary counterparts are much, MUCH better. My favorite weapons so far in this game were ALL bought (or are at least available) in the tower.

Edit: Before you buy a weapon, look at the details of it. You can move the cursor over the upgrades and see how they will affect the stats when it's upgraded. And then you'll have a better idea if it'll suit you. You definitely need to max the weapons out to get the most out of them. A good example of this is the 'Hex Caster ARC' which I believe is available from the Crucible Quartermaster. It doesn't perform that great when it starts out, but after its upgraded, it's insane. Maxed out rate of fire stat, and the stability and reload stats are up near 80% after upgrades. Plus a 66 round clip and the bottom half deals bonus damage. That's 33 rounds of bonus damage per clip! I absolutely love it. 'Doctor Nope' is a similar weapon which I believe is available from the Vanguard Quartermaster.

Edit #2: The weapon perks must be random also because I just looked at the Hex Caster that is available in the tower now and it's not the same as the one I bought. Definitely make sure you look at the details before buying anything. Same weapon, different upgrades. Who knew.

Last edited by 19K; 10-10-14 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-10-14, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought the Ice Breaker and the Engram so far. Still have enough to buy a piece of armor. The engram turned into a helmet for my titan, the one he sold last week. Now I have two exotic helmets for my Titan.
Old 10-10-14, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by TheKing
I bought the Ice Breaker and the Engram so far. Still have enough to buy a piece of armor. The engram turned into a helmet for my titan, the one he sold last week. Now I have two exotic helmets for my Titan.
Yeah I got that Titan helmet too. Also got the Hunter chest armor and picked up a legendary shotty from New Monarchy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.