Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

State of Decay

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-13, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Re: State of Decay

Originally Posted by Deftones
Some dude said he lost 1000 influence in 30 minutes after he turned off his system and then came back to play.

I am on, what I'm pretty sure is, the last mission. I think i've put in about 20 hours into this. I don't really have any more missions other than those infestation things. So far, I'd say this is a damn good value for $20. There are some minor quibbles (driving is pretty floaty, some of the controls aren't very tight either when you combat), but it brought a ton of new stuff to the table. Well worth the purchase, if you are on the fence, IMHO.

BTW, if you want to see something kind of cool in the game:

Spoiler:
go to the middle of the map. Out in the middle of a ton of farmland is a huge commercial airline crash. I stumbled upon it on accident and it was like "oh, that's cool."
I saw that and thought the same thing. Then I saw a piece of the landing gear that had fallen on the road some ways away.
Old 06-13-13, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

I was going to wait for a sale to pick up this game, but now with my points having an expiration date and with no plans to get an XBO, I might just go ahead and grab it if its pretty good and well-liked here. Should I bother checking out the demo or is it just introductory busy work I'd have to re-do if I buy the game (I always hate that with some XBLA demos)
Old 06-13-13, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only played about 20 minutes last night. Definitely feels like an arcade game. But if I can get 20 hours out of it like Deftones then I'll be happy.
Old 06-13-13, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

You can easily get more than 20 hours out of it if you do all the quests. Hint about progressing the game:

Spoiler:
If it has to do with the military, it's likely a game mission, not a side mission.
Old 06-13-13, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
You can easily get more than 20 hours out of it if you do all the quests. Hint about progressing the game:

Spoiler:
If it has to do with the military, it's likely a game mission, not a side mission.
I have a mission now called
Spoiler:
Exit Strategy
which I am assuming is the last or near the last one.
Old 06-13-13, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Yup
Old 06-17-13, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Fastest selling original game on XBLA ever. Over 500k sold: http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/games-s...astest-selling
Old 06-17-13, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

I don't know what they mean by "original" : non-port, non-sequel, non-licensed IP I would assume. Anyway, great for them. When I get back home I hope to check it out. Sitting on my stack of future-expiring points, I might just go ahead and splurge on this.
Old 06-17-13, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They mean non-Minecraft.
Old 07-13-13, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

I got the demo yesterday and liked it a lot. So today I went ahead and purchased it via the in-game menu. But that didn't unlock it. Some Googling shows that others have had this problem. Very frustrating. I went ahead and deleted the game and am redownloading it now (during my annual Jaws viewing). I wanted to play some tonight after the movie, but I have a slow connection. We'll see.

I really wish there was a brightness setting. In the demo I left off in the nighttime and it was DARK. Even when I used my flashlight. (This was around the rocky part south of the ranger station, where you meet up with a woman.)
Old 07-14-13, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This out on pc yet?!
Old 10-01-13, 08:46 AM
Admin

Received 466 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
This out on pc yet?!
Just got released for PC a little over a week ago. You need an XBox controller to play it though. Playing with keyboard and mouse does not allow for the full functionality of the in game options.