Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-12, 02:15 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)

Originally Posted by fumanstan
This is cool, I didn't know Telltale had this on their website. Here are the % breakdowns of the choices that everyone picked, like they show at the end of each episode. Spoilers, obviously.

http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/stats/#about
How did you not know this? It literally tells you at the top of the menu...all the time. At least for the 360.
Old 12-30-12, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't have it on 360. Don't recall seeing it on PC when I played through it, or i just ignored it.
Old 12-30-12, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 627 Likes on 483 Posts

I don't have it on 360. Don't recall seeing it on PC when I played through it, or i just ignored it.
I too have it on PC and only recall stats being shown at the end of each episode.
Old 12-31-12, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone experience this? I just finished Episode 1 and when you have to decide between Doug and Carley, Well I Chose to save Carley, but when I start episode 2... Shes dead and I had saved Doug?!
Old 01-02-13, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just last night finally played Episode 1 myself. I am trying my best to get my wife into zombies and that sort of thing, and I think it is slowly working. She likes ghost stories (and yes, Ghost Hunters) and that sort of thing, so I got her to watch this season of American Horror Story (it airs again tonight btw!) with me and she is enjoying it, and I also got her to watch the last two episodes of The Walking Dead with me. She was lost of course, but she seemed to enjoy that.

Last night I just up and started playing this game since nothing else was really on for us to watch, and she sat there next to me and watched me play the entire first episode just like she was watching a movie, and we plan for me to play Episode 2 soon as she watches that as well.

As for the game, it was amazing to me and I totally get why it is winning GOTY awards. The gameplay isn't much, obviously, but that story, it's so great. Has there been a better character driven video game this year? In the last few years? I felt actual emotion for the characters and choices made, she did as well as a viewer, and that doesn't happen incredibly often while playing a game. I can't wait to complete all episodes, and I really can't wait to see more seasons of the game be released as well!
Old 01-02-13, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by maingon
Anyone experience this? I just finished Episode 1 and when you have to decide between Doug and Carley, Well I Chose to save Carley, but when I start episode 2... Shes dead and I had saved Doug?!
Maybe it didn't properly load your game save? If so then I believe the game will select random options from previous episodes.
Old 01-02-13, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts

Question for those that have played. In episode 3. Did your story ever tell you who was
Spoiler:
giving supplies to the bandits?

Mine didn't really resolve that, although I'm not completely through episode 3, so I guess it could still tell me, but it doesn't seem likely to resolve that point.

Edit: Holy fuck, the point in episode 3 where
Spoiler:
Duck dies is fucking dramatic. God damn that was a powerful scene.

Last edited by Deftones; 01-02-13 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-02-13, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Question for those that have played. In episode 3. Did your story ever tell you who was
Spoiler:
giving supplies to the bandits?

Mine didn't really resolve that, although I'm not completely through episode 3, so I guess it could still tell me, but it doesn't seem likely to resolve that point.
It gets resolved in a later episode.
Old 01-02-13, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Ah, awesome. Thanks.

Edit: I just found out in my game in this episode. Fucker.
Old 01-02-13, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just finished ep5 yesterday. I enjoyed the game but I don't get how this is game of the year material. Maybe XBLA game of year. It takes more than just a great story.
Old 01-02-13, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by edstein
I just finished ep5 yesterday. I enjoyed the game but I don't get how this is game of the year material. Maybe XBLA game of year. It takes more than just a great story.
Agreed. I loved this game but know it's not for everyone. Not my game of the year but top 5 for sure. Just like I know some people loved that shitfest called Assassin's Creed III but I couldn't stand it.
Old 01-03-13, 12:01 AM

Received 516 Likes on 372 Posts

This looks awful.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zt_DFmwxqJM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-03-13, 08:30 AM

Well, I just got bit by the save bug (I've got the on disc version of the game for 360.) Played through most of episode 2, saved, came back to it the next day and it basically lost all of my progress. Gonna have to play through ep. 2 again. I'll be saving/copying my games religiously to try and keep it from happening again.

The game is really intense and fun (as fun as a bleak, zombie, evil people game can be) but the save problems are really disappointing. Should have been locked down a long time ago, I think.
Old 01-03-13, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
This looks awful.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zt_DFmwxqJM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Really generic looking.
Old 01-03-13, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just look at the freakin' Ken doll hair and the graphics. It almost looks like a higher-res Game Cube game or something...

Old 01-03-13, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-...l-reality.html

Old 01-03-13, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by edstein
I would argue that I don't think i've played another game where I felt that connected to the story and the characters, and that alone elevated the actual gameplay of choosing conversation options and making decisions. For me, it ended up far more then just a great story.
Old 01-03-13, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk God

I would argue that I don't think i've played another game where I felt that connected to the story and the characters, and that alone elevated the actual gameplay of choosing conversation options and making decisions. For me, it ended up far more then just a great story.
the mass effect games are that way, but i can see what you mean. this felt more personal.
Old 01-03-13, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L
Just look at the freakin' Ken doll hair and the graphics. It almost looks like a higher-res Game Cube game or something...
The Toy Walking Dead Story?
Old 01-03-13, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Just beat it. Damn, that was a punch right in the gut. Fantastic story, though. Made me really care about the characters. I liked waiting until the end to get all the episodes, then playing them. Made it for a more cohesive story, as I'd probably forget quite a bit about what I'd done if I was only playing every few months. Hopefully they have another sale next year around this time for season 2 so I can pick it up.
Old 01-04-13, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk God

quick question for those that have gone through the game.

so you have a decision to
Spoiler:
take the food or not from the station wagon. i took it. the stranger was pissed you took it and tracked you. if you don't take it (is that an option if you choose not to take the food?), why is he pissed off at you?
Old 01-04-13, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Deftones
quick question for those that have gone through the game.

so you have a decision to
Spoiler:
take the food or not from the station wagon. i took it. the stranger was pissed you took it and tracked you. if you don't take it (is that an option if you choose not to take the food?), why is he pissed off at you?
In my game...

Spoiler:
In my game Lee and Clementine didn't take the food, but I recall he still yells at you for not stopping the others from doing it and being associated with them.
Old 01-04-13, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 627 Likes on 483 Posts

In my game...

Spoiler:
In my game Lee and Clementine didn't take the food, but I recall he still yells at you for not stopping the others from doing it and being associated with them.
That's how it played out for me too.

Spoiler:
I really disliked that character. Even with Clementine speaking to him over the radio, how did that guy manage to follow the group at all given how often they travel (and by train at one point)? The whole character seemed very unlikely for a main antagonist.

Last edited by RocShemp; 01-05-13 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-05-13, 07:00 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I too have it on PC and only recall stats being shown at the end of each episode.
I was talking about the website to look at all the stats. The stats, in the game, only pop up at the end of each episode. But the website scrolls across at the top at the menu.
Old 01-09-13, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
Just got up to the part where

Spoiler:
(huge spoiler removed in case someone replies)
Yeah, that's not how you post a comment with a spoiler in it. Who would read that, unless they've finished the entire game? At least say which episode it's from.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.