Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Last of Us (PS3 and PS4)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-14, 09:25 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
re: The Last of Us (PS3 and PS4)

First thing I would do is take one point in Health...then one point in weapon sway. At this point it is up to you if you want to take that one point in shiv master. The first level lets you survive a clicker grabbing you but you use up a shiv. It can save you in a close fight, but the loss of that shiv is almost enough to just restart the encounter. If you want it though take one point, then one point in healing speed... after that max out weapon sway and then health again. Then you can just pick what you want. Crafting speed is really not needed outside MP.
Old 08-05-14, 09:26 AM
gamer for life

I never upgraded my listen mode because it is a crutch, and you don't need it if you actually listen (and it is disabled anyway on higher difficulties)
Old 08-05-14, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Health for sure. Humans enemies have a 3:1 ratio over those zombie things.
Old 08-05-14, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go health as well.
Old 08-05-14, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,710 Likes on 4,574 Posts

Thanks all!
Old 08-05-14, 01:02 PM
gamer for life

I loved my second run of this game because I tried to avoid all the fights I could. There are moments you have to fight, but most of the encounters you can avoid combat..here is a stupid clip of me doing the last part in the game with no combat...major spoilers for those who have not finished..

http://www.twitch.tv/foxdvd/c/4826595
Old 08-05-14, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I couldn't get through the last part (2nd to last part really) on Hard difficulty by defeating enemies or stalking. thankfully I had stocked up on smoke bombs to get me through.
Old 08-06-14, 10:35 PM
gamer for life

mp is all kinds of brilliant..unless you can't get into a game, which happens a fucking lot! Fuck this shit. Spending 20 minutes looking for a game is not cool...
Old 08-09-14, 02:54 PM
gamer for life

Just got one MP trophy for my platinum and only 2 chapters left to finish my grounded run...Patch fixed about 50% of the matchmaking problems, so MP goes a lot faster now.
Old 08-09-14, 03:42 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So not 20 minutes anymore?
Old 08-11-14, 12:14 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
So not 20 minutes anymore?
some people are still getting 20 minutes..my longest since the patch has been 8 minutes...
Old 08-11-14, 12:16 AM
gamer for life

Just the final chapter left to do on Grounded. This mode has been a blast. By far the most up and down difficulty spike in a game in a long time. One chapter is very easy, the next brutal. The hardest so far has been

Spoiler:
Ellie with David vs 20 infected...I got to this fight with only one riffle round and one arrow....my god that was hard.
Old 08-11-14, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I'm playing on Hard and while some sections are frustrating as hell it can be great once you pull off a great strategy. I get through the capitol building stealth killing every soldier not one bullet used. I get to the last soldier put in a hold, and blow his head off. Fucking awesome.
Old 08-13-14, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I can't recall if it was in normal mode but on Hard difficulty Ellie and others have their own health and you need to watch out for them or it's game over. I think with the added pressure to protect others they should've given Joel a command ability i.e. 'Wait here' 'run' etc.
Old 08-14-14, 07:33 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by mhg83
I can't recall if it was in normal mode but on Hard difficulty Ellie and others have their own health and you need to watch out for them or it's game over. I think with the added pressure to protect others they should've given Joel a command ability i.e. 'Wait here' 'run' etc.
it is on normal mode as well, it just does not happen as much..and really their health is only an issue if they get held by an enemy, and then you have 10-20 seconds to free them. It does not seem to happen that much, even on grounded...
Old 08-14-14, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Angry Joe didn't have a PS3 and finally got to play Last of Us on his PS4. This is his long but amusing video review:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fCV1DN6eBkI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-15-14, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,710 Likes on 4,574 Posts

The Last of Us Remastered Photo Contest Starts Today

+ Posted by Arne Meyer on Aug 15, 2014 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

As we were putting the finishing touches on The Last of Us: Remastered a couple of months ago, we couldn’t wait to see the results from including Photo Mode tools in our game. In just the last two weeks since release we’ve seen some incredible output from our community, some of it even in video format!

The gang over at NeoGAF have been extremely prolific with our Photo Mode, even hosting their own contest. You may have seen Grant Voegtle’s amazing The Last of Us trailer that was created entirely using Photo Mode. We’ve also seen a steady stream of great Photo Mode shots fill up our Twitter feed, and that’s just scratching the surface of what is being shared on a daily basis.

We seriously have no words how awesome all these contributions are – the creativity and quality of your images has gone way beyond our wildest expectations.

Now we want to give a little back to recognize and celebrate all these awesome images we’ve been seeing… Starting TODAY at 12:00 PM PST, we are running a Photo Mode Contest for The Last of Us Remastered!

We’ve got some great prizes lined up including poster sized images of your winning photo signed by the Naughty Dog development team (!!!), a Joel and Ellie statuette previously only available in The Last of Us Post Pandemic Edition, a digital copy of The Art of The Last of Us by Dark Horse, and more!

It’s easy to participate:

The contest starts on August 15, 2014, at 12:00 PM PST and ends on September 5, 2014, at 11:59 PM PST
You have to be following @Naughty_Dog on Twitter
Send your entry photo to @Naughty_Dog using the hashtag #TLOUPhotoModeContest
Your tweet must specify one category you are entering your photo into:
Environmental
Action
Character

You must use the “Share” button on your PS4
You must be a legal resident in one of the 50 United States (excluding Arizona) or Washington, D.C.

Be sure to read the Official Rules right away and then start sharing your Photo Mode shots.
Old 08-15-14, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
You may have seen Grant Voegtle’s amazing The Last of Us trailer that was created entirely using Photo Mode.
Had to look that up.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/O85ZnBXAxtc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-15-14, 11:59 PM
gamer for life

After about 140 games of MP I finally hit a wall with enjoyment. At first it was amazing, and I was able to overlook the matchmaking problems. Not anymore. I find that over a good 3 hour night you have the same 2 or 3 types of matches over and over again. Walk, craft, repeat. There is so much good about the mp, mixed with so much imbalanced crap. In most MP games they always put something in it that helps balance out other items. Outside of taking it slow and not getting flanked, there is NOTHING you can do if you get smoked or hit with a Molotov. In other MP games they might put a perk or skill that will counter these things (which you have to chose and give up something else like flak jacket in the COD games) but not in this game.

That being said, I could still enjoy the game if I did not have to wait up to 10 minutes for a match. Then at times it will throw me into a match already going. I am ok with this, until I realized you get no credit toward your weeks if you start a match late. So you say to yourself, "well I will stick it out and then I will be in group" only to see the group break up after the match is over and you begin to understand that you wasted 15-20 minutes with no credit toward that last trophy you are trying to get.

Getting this last trophy will be harder than both grounded trophies by FAR!
Old 08-18-14, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 126 Likes on 114 Posts

Well this is somewhat interesting....

The Last of Us’ Departed Art Director Nate Wells Rejoins Naughty Dog

The Last of Us‘ Art Director Nate Wells was reported to have left Naughty Dog back in April to join Giant Sparrow Games and work on a new game, but apparently he couldn’t stay away from the kennel very long, as his Linkedin Profile now has changed to show him back at the house of Uncharted with a new Lead Artist role.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08/...s-naughty-dog/
Old 08-19-14, 11:23 PM
gamer for life

FINALLY got my platinum, along with 100% of all the other trophies. That MP got to be a real grind at the end, especially with the matchmaking so messed up.
Old 08-20-14, 01:23 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chess
Angry Joe didn't have a PS3 and finally got to play Last of Us on his PS4. This is his long but amusing video review:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fCV1DN6eBkI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
People watch that...for fun?
Old 08-20-14, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,070 Likes on 848 Posts

Just remember how many shows George Lopez has had and the #1 sitcom on television.
Old 08-20-14, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Supermallet
People watch that...for fun?
Eh, Joe's OK.

He's always been popular on Youtube but didn't have a PS3, so I was looking forward to hearing his reaction to some PS games.
Old 08-21-14, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Naughty Dog
It's time for a quick status update regarding matchmaking in The Last of Us Remastered. We've been working hard to alleviate the long waits in Factions matchmaking some of our multiplayer community have been experiencing. We are working on resolving this issue for those in our community who are still affected.

We know this can be frustrating and the team here at Naughty Dog wants everyone in our community to know that working on this issue continues to be our number one priority.

Over the last couple of weeks, we have deployed LiveUpdates and Patch 1.02, which have resulted in some significant improvements, but there is still more to be done to reduce the matchmaking wait times.

Over the last two weeks, we've discovered that the most significant improvements may come from working with other teams at PlayStation to make updates to some of the existing matchmaking libraries. Since we are working with multiple groups inside and outside of the studio, we don’t yet have an exact date on when these updates will roll out. Our current estimate is on the short side of weeks, rather than months. We'll be sure to keep you updated the moment we can provide more specific timing, or an actual date.

Believe me, the entire team at Naughty Dog completely understands how frustrating this has been for many of you in our community. We've got some good news. At the end of July, we teased some new multiplayer add-on content which included a glimpse at new maps for Factions. We're glad to say that we've decided to release these two maps for free on both the PS3 and PS4 in appreciation for all of your continued patience as we work to resolve the matchmaking issues.

We will keep you updated as we continue to work on improving the matchmaking wait times and when we can expect the bigger update the roll out. In the meantime, if you find yourself waiting to get into a match, the best thing you can do is exit matchmaking and select "Find Match" again.

Thank you to everyone in our community for your understanding and continued support.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.