Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dishonored - New IP

Old 07-22-15, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dishonored - New IP

$25 is still a great deal. Cheaper than the E3 pre-order from Amazon deal.

Thanks for the heads up
Old 07-22-15, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
edit: Xbox One now has the same discount! $20 in US, $25 in Canada. Only if you own a digital copy.
Hell yeah! Glad I waited!
Old 07-22-15, 04:17 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by chase3001 View Post
$25 is still a great deal. Cheaper than the E3 pre-order from Amazon deal.

Thanks for the heads up
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I'll be doing the digital pre-order tonight, and I'll cancel my E3/amazon.ca order.
Old 07-22-15, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 117 Likes on 98 Posts

Not familiar with this game but I think I'll try the X1 version for $20.

Originally Posted by redcat View Post
I agree with that. I'm not saying kill the whole digital bonus part of it. I was just thinking that it's one of those weird deals where the people who seem like they should be first in line for a deal (day-one buyers who really helped promote the game through word of mouth) don't get one. It seems kind of ironic that the majority of people who would get a discount would be the ones who never paid anything for the game on its own.
Theoretically, couldn't this work on Xbox if the title is backward-compatible? I think you'd put the disc in your One and then get a digital version, then maybe the discount would kick in? (I know you're on PS.)
Old 08-26-15, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In case you missed it in the other thread, the $20 upgrade they were offering was a pre order deal only. Not sure if Bethesda had mentioned that before or not, but it's back up to the full $40 now. I couldn't find any official reviews (maybe they didn't send out review copies?) but it sounds like the frame rate is locked at 30 fps and a pretty big step below from the original PC release. Not really surprising since they didn't really talk about this release since it was announced at E3, but still pretty disappointing since many of the people buying it on PS4/XB1 will be their first experience playing it. It's sitting at a 6.6 from user reviews at Metacritic. So if you missed out on the pre order price, you were probably lucky
Old 08-26-15, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Still $20 on XB1.
Old 08-26-15, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad I played this on PC, I was actually tempted to still upgrade and get it on XBox One but it sounds like it's not worth it.
Old 08-26-15, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 1,112 Likes on 674 Posts

There's one review, a one up at Attack of the Fanboy. Not that I've ever heard of them

Like just about any remaster or re-release you have to ask yourself if this game needed to be remade. Dishonored didn’t feel like a game that was held back by old hardware. The unique art style made up for any shortcomings in resolution. That said, Dishonored on the PlayStation 4 looks a lot sharper than its predecessor. And for anyone that doesn’t have a gaming PC, Dishonored: Definitive Edition is the best way to experience it. Visuals are notably cleaner in this version of the game, but it doesn’t necessarily feel like it’s pressing the new hardware to its absolute limits. The significant changes in Dishonored: Definitive Edition really feel like they amount to a bump in resolution and that’s about it. Like the graphics, the gameplay in Dishonored wasn’t lacking and the Definitive version isn’t either. Frame rates look like they’re locked in at 30 fps for the console re-release, so there’s not a significant jump there either. But there are a couple of little things about the game that has changed on the PS4 version. Like the use of the Dualshock 4 to whisper sweet nothings out of the controller’s speaker when using an item in the game
Old 08-26-15, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The fact that the weeks and days leading up to the release were accompanied by a deafening silence from the publisher and developers, complete with a total lack of technical details, screenshots, or videos, said everything we needed to know about this.
Old 08-27-15, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I was going to get this but I heard it looks and plays terrible. I never finished the first one but it wasn't a digital copy. I don't think I downloaded it when it was free either.

I might bite when it's $15 or so later down the line.

EDIT: I looked and I guess I did get it when it was free. So I went ahead and picked it up for $20. Then I noticed I got my $15 (plus $4 more for something) for pre-ordering Rare Replay. So $1 for the game? Sounds good

Last edited by nickdawgy; 08-27-15 at 01:26 AM.
Old 08-29-15, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So I ran into a game breaking bug. In the third mission, you go to an apartment as part of a mission. Every time I try to leave, it crashes to the dashboard. Every. Single. Time.

No matter what exit, too. Just crashes to the dash. Restarting didn't help either.

Now I'm pissed I wasted money on this pos. Save yours and stay away.
Old 08-30-15, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Restarting the chapter didn't change anything?
Old 08-30-15, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That's what I had to do. I had to avoid that quest altogether. It sucked.
Old 09-01-15, 10:05 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

^ I had very similar issues with the 360 version of the game. It would suddenly start freezing in one specific spot, which was impossible to avoid. When I restarted the chapter, I was able to repeat that section without incident. If I were you, I'd try that quest again, just to see if it works (create a save file before you do it, of course).
I started up the Definitive Edition last night. It looks better than on 360 (upgraded resolution, but it's still using the same models, so not a significant change), but the framerate jitters are annoying as hell. They really need to get that shit sorted out with a patch.
Otherwise, I love the game just as much as before.
Old 09-02-15, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Stay away from Slackjaw. That's all I have to say.
Old 09-02-15, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

I have this for the PS3 and i wondered if the new version for the PS4 had better load times? I enjoyed the game, but probably only went about half way through due to this and the fact other games came out that i got invested in.

And are the graphical upgrades significantly better?
Old 12-27-20, 11:11 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 194 Likes on 168 Posts

I just finished and loved this game. How are the DLCs for the first? And are Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider different enough that I can do it all and not get tired or burned out from this universe?
Old 12-29-20, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
I just finished and loved this game. How are the DLCs for the first? And are Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider different enough that I can do it all and not get tired or burned out from this universe?
anyone with thoughts on above? thanks.
Old 12-29-20, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
anyone with thoughts on above? thanks.
I have greatly enjoyed every aspect of Dishonored, the DLC you referenced included. Definitely recommended.
Old 12-29-20, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by uteotw View Post
I have greatly enjoyed every aspect of Dishonored, the DLC you referenced included. Definitely recommended.
thanks uteotw. Iím finding that as well. After completing the main game I knew I needed more. Knife of Dunwall with Michael Madsen as the lead of Daud, who I let live by the way (in fact I did non-lethal on all my major targets for some reason, except Havelock who I did sleep dart, but he plummeted to his death anyway and I did enjoy that while saving Emily. I did kill a lot of Overseers though), is just great, more of the same, but also different. Gonna go through that and the Witches one and already got Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider. This world is too good to give up now. Just great combo of everything I love about gaming. Action, stealth, exploration, story. Itís got it all and Iím loving it. I know Iím late to the party, but better late than never.