Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Homefront...March 2011

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-10, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts
Homefront...March 2011

I'm a bit surprised no talk or trailers for this game yet. I was so-so on it to begin with but after watching somne recent trailers in both single and multi-player my interests have perked. Seems to have a good storyline written by the same person who wrote "Red Dawn". The look is pretty good and the fact it's basically war in your backyard, hometown, shopping mall, whatever.

Here's a link to a interview with Jeremy Greiner about the story and some game footage over at Gamespot. Pretty good...at 7:48

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...&mode=previews

And this is from E3 on stage game footage...about 16 min

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVB2Tto9RW8
Old 12-14-10, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts
Re: Homefront...March 2011

I've had a close eye on this game too. I'm hoping this will pickup where my addiction to CoD leaves off.
Old 12-14-10, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It called my attention. I'll make up my mind closer to release date.
Old 12-15-10, 06:56 AM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

I've had my eye on this for a while. It's from the same company that made Frontlines: Fuel Of War. That was a pretty good game. Not quite as polished as COD or Battlefield. But it was pretty fun and definitely worth playing.
Old 12-15-10, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The story sounds really cool, so as long as the gameplay is at least half as good as the story sounds, I'll definitely rent it.
Old 01-16-11, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found out about this game.....surprised there is not much talk about it. If you look at online videos and interviews with the developers...this game should be awesome!!!!!
Old 01-16-11, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

Xplay is reporting that the DLC for the game will be Xbox 360 exlusive for a short time.
Old 01-16-11, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If the developers nail good gameplay for this title, I do believe this will be a hit title and pleasant surprise to many gamers who like myself have not heard of this title up to this point. This was supposedly introduced at E3 last year and I do not remember hearing about it. I did not have the time to watch all E3 had to offer since one does have to work but never heard any mention of this title until I read about it online yesterday.
Old 01-16-11, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been following this one for a few months. My favorite genre of fiction is post-apocalyptic and Red Dawn was a favorite movie for me growing up so I can't wait to have battles at Circuit City and Lumber Liquidators through an invaded America. Should be a blast. (pun intended)
Old 01-16-11, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Amator
I've been following this one for a few months. My favorite genre of fiction is post-apocalyptic and Red Dawn was a favorite movie for me growing up so I can't wait to have battles at Circuit City and Lumber Liquidators through an invaded America. Should be a blast. (pun intended)
Without a doubt...post-apocalyptic....Red Dawn...love this movie and have since I watched it in the eighties. I hope you have played Enslaved. Awesome game which flew under my radar until last month. Enslaved has become one of my all time games ranking up there with the likes of Uncharted. I actually like Enslaved more than my Uncharted games. I am very excited about Homefront especially after watching the video interview with the developers.
Old 01-16-11, 11:01 AM

An occupied America is an interesting backdrop for a game. The multiplayer trailer I watched looks pretty intense. Sort of like a COD/Battlefield mix.
Old 01-16-11, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This game has moved to "Number 2" on my list behind Bulletstone for having. The more I've read the more Ilike it. And it appears the devs will make it close to reality with the odds against you in terms of forces, weapons and even fellow Americans. And they added a bit realism in it with actually business names, areas like a neighborhood street or mall. It won't be a typical war shooter for sure.
Old 01-16-11, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones
This game has moved to "Number 2" on my list behind Bulletstone for having. The more I've read the more Ilike it. And it appears the devs will make it close to reality with the odds against you in terms of forces, weapons and even fellow Americans. And they added a bit realism in it with actually business names, areas like a neighborhood street or mall. It won't be a typical war shooter for sure.
This game has moved to number 2 on my list to play after Killzone 3. I will be looking for a $39.99 price for it though. Should not be too hard to find at that price within about one month of it's initial release. I also think a lot of people will buy it and try to unload it on ebay once they have finished it....unless the multi-player is top notch then maybe not.
Old 01-16-11, 05:07 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

When it was announced at E3, I thought what they showed looked really good and had potential. However, recent gameplay trailers have really disappointed me. It looks like it'll just end up being a second-rate FPS and reminds me of Haze due to the look of the game.

I might rent it. Not planning a purchase, but I want to review it.
Old 01-16-11, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll wait on this game.
Old 01-16-11, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Wick
When it was announced at E3, I thought what they showed looked really good and had potential. However, recent gameplay trailers have really disappointed me. It looks like it'll just end up being a second-rate FPS and reminds me of Haze due to the look of the game.

I might rent it. Not planning a purchase, but I want to review it.
Some people are comparing it to Freedom Fighters which is not a bad thing. I would agree to a point however it is a much upgraded version of Freedom Fighters. Watching some of the game during the interview video with the developers where they explained portions of the game and what they were trying to do with it has me excited to play it. If they can release this game with quality gameplay, it will be a winner.
Old 01-17-11, 02:23 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am picking this up...but depending on coop options, this may get 6 purchases or 1 from my game group...but since they have kept quiet on coop I think that there will be none...or if there is it will be ANOTHER stupid HORDE type mode......

One of the reasons I am the only one in our group getting Bulletstorm is because the horde type mode is getting a big yawn from our group..
Old 01-17-11, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by foxdvd
One of the reasons I am the only one in our group getting Bulletstorm is because the horde type mode is getting a big yawn from our group..

The "Hord" mode in Bulletstorm is not the average Horde mode by any means nor Bulletstorm the average shooter.
Old 01-19-11, 06:39 AM

360 is getting an exclusive map.

Exclusive Homefront Map for Xbox 360 Only

The upcoming blockbuster Homefront puts you on the front lines in defense of the United States. Set in the year 2027 and written by John Milius (Red Dawn, Apocalypse Now), America has fallen and is now occupied by a nuclear-armed North Korean Army. Homefront delivers highly competitive, emotionally charged, story-driven single-player infantry and vehicle action.

Multiplayer action features large scale warfare with an incredible array of infantry and vehicular combat and innovative mechanics.

Xbox 360 owners will receive a special bonus when the game launches on March 8, with an exclusive multiplayer map "Suburb" included on all disc copies of the game.

"Suburb" Map Details

Suburb can accommodate up to 24 online players, its tight layout is great for close quarters combat across multiple game modes. As U.S forces move against the KPA in an attempt to gain control of the Montrose Security Checkpoint (aka "the Wall"), fight through a suburban neighborhood that has become a ghost town, its residents relocated to nearby labor camps. Empty houses and buildings offer extensive cover during the firefight while rooftops and even tree houses provide excellent sniper positions.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Marketplace/Homefront-Map
Old 01-19-11, 09:03 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
The "Hord" mode in Bulletstorm is not the average Horde mode by any means nor Bulletstorm the average shooter.
Zombies on two Call of Duty games...Horde on Gears....Halo's Firefight mode....Zombies on Red Dead...all these coop modes are you and your friends surviving wave after wave of enemies....it gets old. While Bulletstorm adds the twist of combo scoring, it still is the same type of mode...

I want more objective based coop....A story coop would be great, but that is not going to happen, but at least something like Spec Ops from MW2, or the first free dlc for Red Dead...or the GRAW 2 coop...
Old 01-19-11, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

I may rent it but it's not high on my must have list anymore. Killzone 3 and Brink have my attention on the FPS genre.
Old 01-19-11, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

The connection to Frontlines has me worried since I thought the demo of that was pretty much awful. Hopefully they'll release a demo for this one so we can give it a try as there's no way I'll buy it blind.
Old 01-19-11, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by mugwump
The connection to Frontlines has me worried...
Yeah, I'm having a hard time getting excited. Frontlines was fun. But ultimate it was fairly average and forgettable. So I'll probably wait for a demo or some reviews before I place an order.
Old 01-19-11, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Yeah, I'm having a hard time getting excited. Frontlines was fun. But ultimate it was fairly average and forgettable. So I'll probably wait for a demo or some reviews before I place an order.
$39.99 or less...will not pay $59.99 for this game. Even with that said, the video interview with the developers has me excited to play this game. Ign.com or youtube as the interview on their site. Definitely a good look at what the game is like and the possibilities for this to be a great game.
Old 01-19-11, 05:35 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by djones6746
Some people are comparing it to Freedom Fighters which is not a bad thing. I would agree to a point however it is a much upgraded version of Freedom Fighters. Watching some of the game during the interview video with the developers where they explained portions of the game and what they were trying to do with it has me excited to play it. If they can release this game with quality gameplay, it will be a winner.
I liked what I played of Freedom Fighters, but it didn't blow me away. Not enough to purchase it anyways.

I'm just starting to become a lot more picky with the games that I play. If I hear good things, then I'll definitely play it, but it'll most-likely just be a rental unless it ends up wowing everyone.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.