DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Mass Effect 3

I'll pick it up.
Old 02-28-13, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 638 Likes on 492 Posts

I didn't realize the VA for Zaeed passed away.

Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC stars late Zaeed actor, BioWare pays multiplayer tribute

Old 03-04-13, 01:06 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HRVCoAIcOaw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-04-13, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If this DLC takes place during the time line of ME3 then it REALLY emphasizes how completely pointless saving Earth is.

"I know the Reapers are fucking Earth up Shepard, but here's a bachelor pad."
Old 03-04-13, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I'm not feeling that trailer at all. If this was a post-ending DLC in the form of an epilogue, cool. But as something that occurs before the ending, it's stupid.

Last edited by RocShemp; 03-04-13 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-04-13, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 451 Likes on 316 Posts

I agree that having a side-story like this while in the midst of what is essentially the apocalypse is pretty silly, more time in the Mass Effect w/ Shepard & crew is still a good thing.
Old 03-04-13, 04:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Still asking for $15 after the poor reception to Omega? Sorry for being harsh, but I hope the sales are dismal.
What poor reception? Bioware said it sold very well.

Some of you need to realize that, despite being very loud and annoying, you're very much in the minority. The people willing to buy this shit and eat it up will essentially always outnumber you.
Old 03-04-13, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
What poor reception? Bioware said it sold very well.
I'm sure they did say that. Regardless, I was talking about quality over quantity sold. I heard very little positive reaction to Omega.

Some of you need to realize that, despite being very loud and annoying, you're very much in the minority. The people willing to buy this shit and eat it up will essentially always outnumber you.
I'm aware that I'm in the minority and that plenty of people are willing to fork over cash for crap in the modern world, at least for the time being. As for being loud and annoying, I think anyone familiar with your posting history will get a chuckle out of that one.
Old 03-04-13, 11:31 PM
Banned

As for being loud and annoying, I think anyone familiar with your posting history will get a chuckle out of that one.

I heard very little positive reaction to Omega.
Sure, you didn't. It got great reviews from most publications. I would hope you know the voices in your head don't count as "little positive reaction," but sadly, I'm not sure you do.
Old 03-05-13, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Mass Effect 3 average Metacritic score: 93/100
Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC average Metacritic score: 74/100
Mass Effect 3 Omega DLC average Metacritic score: 60/100

Like I said originally, a poor reception to Omega. And now this conversation can serve no further purpose, so good day to you sir! *tips hat, walks away*
Old 03-05-13, 04:51 AM
Banned

Two negative reviews
a poor reception
Old 03-05-13, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Four positive reviews
Eleven mixed reviews
Two negative reviews
It got great reviews from most publications.
Old 03-05-13, 06:14 AM
Banned

I guess you're one of those "gamers" who freaks out when anything gets below an 80.

Not to mention that quite a few major publication's reviews aren't listed on Metacritic.
Old 03-05-13, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, anyway...

Anyone know where this DLC picks up, game save wise? I'm guessing you can just use that one it creates when you finish the game? Although story-wise... some of my friends are already dead.
Old 03-05-13, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 451 Likes on 316 Posts

Like the other DLCs, I assume it takes place right before the raid on the Elusive Man's place.
Old 03-05-13, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chuckd21
some of my friends are already dead.
I'm sorry to hear that.
Old 03-05-13, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by slop101
Like the other DLCs, I assume it takes place right before the raid on the Elusive Man's place.
Which is stupid. The only place this scenario could be logically placed, from a narrative perspective, is between ME2 and ME3 and even that is stretching it. Honestly, this DLC would make the most sense during the events of ME2.

The Reapers invade Earth at the beginning of ME3. It makes no sense for Shepard to chill with his pals in the Citadel. However, if they insist on making this an ME3 DLC, the most logical place would then be for it to take place after they retake Earth but
Spoiler:
the Citadel is in shambles at that point and, oh yeah, Shepard is dead.

Last edited by RocShemp; 03-05-13 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-05-13, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RocShemp
If they want to make this an ME3 DLC, the most logical place for it would be after they retake Earth but
Spoiler:
the Citadel is in shables at that point and, oh yeah, Shepard is dead.
Spoiler:
Mine's not.
Old 03-05-13, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
Spoiler:
Mine's not.
How'd you manage that?
Old 03-06-13, 04:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having fun with this on the gamepad. A few too many cutscenes for my liking, though. I usually just watch tv and passively listen to them
Old 03-06-13, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Anyone know where this DLC picks up, game save wise? I'm guessing you can just use that one it creates when you finish the game? Although story-wise... some of my friends are already dead.
You can play it anywhere between ...

Spoiler:
... the aftermath of the Citadel attack and the assault on Cerberus' station. Certain dead allies will still get content, such as Thane and Mordin, but it's done through post-mortem relics and activities. It appears as if the content organically flows in if you start it at the beginning of that time-frame, whereas it all rushes into availability if you start the DLC right before the end-game.
Old 03-06-13, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
You can play it anywhere between ...

Spoiler:
... the aftermath of the Citadel attack and the assault on Cerberus' station. Certain dead allies will still get content, such as Thane and Mordin, but it's done through post-mortem relics and activities. It appears as if the content organically flows in if you start it at the beginning of that time-frame, whereas it all rushes into availability if you start the DLC right before the end-game.
Cool. I thought all the activities were just gonna pop up at once. Nice to know they got some flow going.

How are you liking it so far?
Old 03-06-13, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Holy crap, there's an
Spoiler:
evil Shepard twin
in this!
Old 03-06-13, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Cool. I thought all the activities were just gonna pop up at once. Nice to know they got some flow going.
The DLC's plot needs to be played in one burst, but the extra interactions afterwards seem to have some flow based on how the core story plays out.

How are you liking it so far?
I'll bang out a few impressions, since I finished it. Overall: not too bad and full of content to justify a $15 price tag, but I'd go in expecting an upbeat, different experience that's more interested in nudging and winking at the (happier) fans with a ton of little details. Soft spoilers:

Spoiler:
- The writing's pretty wacky for the main plot, a conspiracy to kill Shepard, but once you realize that it's what they were going for, it ends up being more fun than infuriating. Pure '80s-'90s-esque science-fiction cheesiness, and it's very centered on humor -- though, it's a little jarring against the tone of the rest of the game. Nearly on-par with ME2's Lair of the Shadow Broker, if a bit more nonsensical, but it won't make you forget that you've got to go back to war with the Reapers.

- The level design isn't too bad, more for a polished throwback / ode to the series than designed for difficulty. No infuriating vehicle chases or anything, and the final combat maps (and boss battle) are an interesting send-off for the series. You also get a few neat weapons for the main campaign, if you want to play through it again, like an assault rifle with the overheat mechanic from ME1 and a silenced pistol.

- The post-content interactions with the old squad are a generally positive mixed bag, some being pretty goofy and obviously tongue-in-cheek "farewells" that aren't meant to be taken seriously. You can throw a party in Shepard's new apartment, which is relatively maddening in context with the rest of the story, but the dialogue between the party's guests (your old squad) makes up for it. It's ridiculous and kinda cartoonish, but entertaining and endearing enough for people who know the characters.

- Minigames are equally mixed, save the combat arena. The gambling spots aren't anything special, something I'd never waste any time on (they missed an opportunity by not including poker), and the arcade games aren't very fun, either. They did throw Quasar in there, though, the gambling game from ME1. Surprisingly, the combat arena is actually pretty solid, and you can bring your surviving ME1 and ME2 squadmates along through a decent arrangement of "arena"-style maps. Plus, the "challenges" that show up in the mailbox create a few text-based mini-plots that are fun to notch up. Much better than ME1's combat simulator.

This would've been a lot better as a meta-epilogue following the big choice, but them's the breaks with the split ending that the writers landed on, I suppose. I had enough fun to justify the entry price as a grand finale to a series of games that I've greatly enjoyed, even if it's too cheery for my taste and, in the grand scheme of things, intentionally impertinent to the main plot.

Last edited by gryffinmaster; 03-06-13 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-07-13, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Played through the meat of this DLC last night and goddamn it's so good. Just perfectly silly and fun. The story is a good 3+ hours of content, and then the world opens up to where you can screw around doing a bunch of goofy stuff. Totally worth the price, and I never say that about DLC.

Others who have beat the main villain... question...
Spoiler:
I chose to kill my clone. What happens if you save him?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.